Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206310 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuttie83: 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
mctowel01:
Hello guys
How many days does IOM give one to make payment before booking expires. I heard 5 days. Is it 5 working days or 5 ordinary days?

5 ordinary days.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
My people greetings to you all. On the issue of statement of service when submitting employment evidence to VETASSES, I need some clarification. Though my wife works with one of the Telecom companies but recruitment of staff was outsourced to independent service contractors. As it is now, she has worked at two different positions in the company being managed by two different service contractors.

My question is she to obtain references from the contractors or from the Main company? In case none of these parties is willing to provide the statement of service, I'm currently considering a statutory declaration using the main company as reference as I think it would make the process more straight forward instead of involving the two separate contractors. Please what do you think guys?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
I'd say it's case specific. It'd depend on available and queue at the time.

In my case, about a year ago, I responded over 3wks after and was lucky the price was still locked in for me though the flight was changed.

When I got the first quote, I wasn't quite sure about IOM as no one had mentioned it on this thread at the time. So I went on doing some verifications while looking for alternative means. Then, the Naira flotation; a flight I booked for 320k on Friday was cancelled by Sunday night since I didn't finalise payment, and by the time I tried to rebook same flight on Tuesday morning after hearing the news of flotation the cost has risen to 560k. I immediately contacted IOM and still pulled through for 205k but my fingers were crossed until I received the booking confirmation and ticket email smiley

In summary, you may still be able to get the booking after the duration you listed as mine was after 3 weeks, but you can only be sure if you make the payment on time as the flight maybe fully booked by the time you're ready to pay. No stress though, just call them if you feel you've delayed the payment to ensure that the booking is still valid before making the payment.

Cheers.

mctowel01:
Hello guys
How many days does IOM give one to make payment before booking expires. I heard 5 days. Is it 5 working days or 5 ordinary days?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crest2j(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
Pls show how to book flight tickets through IOM.. Thanks....
catchdwind4rmkd:
I'd say it's case specific. It'd depend on available and queue at the time.

In my case, about a year ago, I responded over 3wks after and was lucky the price was still locked in for me though the flight was changed.

When I got the first quote, I wasn't quite sure about IOM as no one had mentioned it on this thread at the time. So I went on doing some verifications while looking for alternative means. Then, the Naira flotation; a flight I booked for 320k on Friday was cancelled by Sunday night since I didn't finalise payment, and by the time I tried to rebook same flight on Tuesday morning after hearing the news of flotation the cost has risen to 560k. I immediately contacted IOM and still pulled through for 205k but my fingers were crossed until I received the booking confirmation and ticket email smiley

In summary, you may still be able to get the booking after the duration you listed as mine was after 3 weeks, but you can only be sure if you make the payment on time as the flight maybe fully booked by the time you're ready to pay. No stress though, just call them if you feel you've delayed the payment to ensure that the booking is still valid before making the payment.

Cheers.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Nanlop55:
please what profession can someone who read mass communication nominate?
Copywriter
Newspaper or Periodical Editor
Print Journalist
Technical Writer
Television Journalist
Journalists and Other Writers nec

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 1:13am On Jun 09, 2017
The main reason for Statutory declaration is to avoid all what you've highlighted yourself. Infact, some company policies in Nigeria prevents most managers or supervisors to issue letter of reference in company letter head paper to staffs because some of them are not straight in their ways with you and some doesn't want their company letter headed paper flying up and down so they place restrictions. A statutory declaration will make sense in your case so far you put the persons email address and phone number under his/her signature. Please do note that VETASSES makes contact with referees, be sure the person's phone number will be reachable and he/she is available to pick their calls during the duration of the assessment, I heard of a case where the referee was dropping the assessment body calls severally thinking it was a spam call, so make sure your contact knows about the process too. Having said that, there are several cases where they don't even call so it's based on different cases.

SegunWamiri:
My people greetings to you all. On the issue of statement of service when submitting employment evidence to VETASSES, I need some clarification. Though my wife works with one of the Telecom companies but recruitment of staff was outsourced to independent service contractors. As it is now, she has worked at two different positions in the company being managed by two different service contractors.

My question is she to obtain references from the contractors or from the Main company? In case none of these parties is willing to provide the statement of service, I'm currently considering a statutory declaration using the main company as reference as I think it would make the process more straight forward instead of involving the two separate contractors. Please what do you think guys?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jiangchu: 5:04am On Jun 09, 2017
jiangchu:
i read and digest the whole interaction. there is a burst of positive vibe here.
one thing that surprises me is that state like NOETHERN TERRITORY needs a large number of workforce because they go to other state to recruit something as basic as waiters and parole office. it is really funny. chief bellong would care if you can comment on my case here. im just through with my NYSC.

HND Biz Adm & management
26yrs
looking at the option of 132111 and 512111
what would you suggest and what would be my best possible shot. cos i view this as an opportunity of a life time.
thanks in advance and others that will give positive input wink[color=#550000][/color]i have made my research just dont want to donate money to vetasess.when im in the midst of multiple counsels

bellong and others what opinion do you have for me

hope im not disturbing anyone. please kindly review my case grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 5:39am On Jun 09, 2017
lalaazo:

I did mine for NGN3,500 March 2017 at Alagbon and it took only few minutes; it's all about your negotiation power.

pls do you have the persons phone number? hope to do mine today.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 7:08am On Jun 09, 2017
einsteino:

pls do you have the persons phone number? hope to do mine today.

I didn't keep the Inspector's contact though, but be rest assured that once you get to Force CID; they will hustle you themselves. Just be firm and hold your ground while negotiating irrespective of their guile.
Some would even tell you 15,000naira but what you can offer is what you present.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ozara(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2017
congrant.
mctowel01:
Grant Finally.
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

I m a living witness to this.
It was all a dream

Nov 2015, I didn't really know where I was going, I was thinking what next with life, and what it will present, in the hostels in UNI. A friend told me about studying in Australia and the fact that they didn't have so complex admission process, as far as one had the funds, there were always spaces. Plans were down. Time went, then I started service, and thats how exchange rate started dramatizing... Till it reached an unthinkable level. Australia in turn changed student visa policies, just a week to July, making it soo tough at that point. Then I felt really bad and knew studying wasn't possible again.

I started the PR processing, and thats how immigration started their wahala, almost two months to get a passport. Thanks to mamajaz at this point for her selfless service and support. She helped put.calls to lots of people in different states to help me process the passport. I will not forget it. Time went, I took ielts on the 5th of November, then prepared my CDR, which was submitted around that time. December 7th, I took PTE first time, scored all except speaking above 79. Speaking was 73. I booked again to take it on the 13th and scored all above 79, speaking 81.
Moreover, i got my assessment for professional electronics engineer on the 13th of December. Got the result on the 17th and lodged eoi immediately with 60 points. At that period, electronics went on pro rata, so I waited till April 12th round to get invited. I ll also add that the last invited 60points for electronics submitted on Dec 19, so it came down to the wire.
Lodged 13th April, submitted all relevant documents and here I am, I ve gotten the Direct grant on the 31st May.
Sometimes, we think we are at the lowest point in life, not knowing we are being prepared for grace untold

Notable mentions to the veterans,...(some newbies might not know them) More like the forefathers in this thread... NNBB2012, scrollmeout, ericktack, bossylady Johnsontade, Malkinburg, and our ever, selfless, passionate and respected Bellong... God bless you sir. I owe you a complementary visit there.
My brothers from another mother Bnimz and big bro Jamson, catchdwindfrmkd... Thanks for being part of the journey.
Aussie, here I come
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2017
Hi guys,

I'd like to know if a PR visa entitles one to a PTA (Personal Travelling Allowance). I only know that it's allowed for student visa.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:19am On Jun 09, 2017
Bamz:
Hi guys,

I'd like to know if a PR visa entitles one to a PTA (Personal Travelling Allowance). I only know that it's allowed for student visa.

Thanks.

PTA is not visa related or dependent. Listed below is the criteria required for PTA allocation.

If am to rephrase your question, what you will like to know is if you can get PTA on your way to OZ when u have your PR visa, The answer is
YES

For Personal Travel Allowance (PTA)

Applicants shall be eighteen (18) years of age and above
It won’t be sold to people below 18 years of age.

Applicants/beneficiaries shall be holders of Nigerian Passports
This means that holders of passports other than the Nigerian passport will not be able to access Forex for their trip.

Applicants shall be account holders in the chosen bank
For instance, if you want to buy Forex from Guaranty Trust Bank plc (GTB) you must be an account holder in the Bank before Forex is sold to you.

PTA shall only apply to journeys of not less than five (5) hours flight time
This means no Forex for travels to almost all West African countries since the journeys are less than five hours flight time.

The flight must originate from Nigeria
Sale of PTA shall be for travel to be undertaken not more than 14 days from the day of the purchase of PTA
This means that Forex can be purchased within 14 days of travel once you have the necessary documents.

Applicants shall be entitled to $4,000.00 per quarter
You can’t get Forex of more than $4000 in 3 months.

Applicants shall present verifiable BVNs to their bankers
This can be obtained from your bank and it is advised to get this before you plan to apply in order to avoid delays.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 10:23am On Jun 09, 2017
Dear Alphadoor,

Thanks for the insightful response. I'm very grateful.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuttie83: 10:34am On Jun 09, 2017
Alphadoor:

PTA is not visa related or dependent. Listed below is the criteria required for PTA allocation.

If am to rephrase your question, what you will like to know is if you can get PTA on your way to OZ when u have your PR visa, The answer is

For Personal Travel Allowance (PTA)

Applicants shall be eighteen (18) years of age and above
It won’t be sold to people below 18 years of age.

Applicants/beneficiaries shall be holders of Nigerian Passports
This means that holders of passports other than the Nigerian passport will not be able to access Forex for their trip.

Applicants shall be account holders in the chosen bank
For instance, if you want to buy Forex from Guaranty Trust Bank plc (GTB) you must be an account holder in the Bank before Forex is sold to you.

PTA shall only apply to journeys of not less than five (5) hours flight time
This means no Forex for travels to almost all West African countries since the journeys are less than five hours flight time.

The flight must originate from Nigeria
Sale of PTA shall be for travel to be undertaken not more than 14 days from the day of the purchase of PTA
This means that Forex can be purchased within 14 days of travel once you have the necessary documents.

Applicants shall be entitled to $4,000.00 per quarter
You can’t get Forex of more than $4000 in 3 months.

Applicants shall present verifiable BVNs to their bankers
This can be obtained from your bank and it is advised to get this before you plan to apply in order to avoid delays.

You are only entitle to PTA if you have a return ticket
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 11:53am On Jun 09, 2017
jiangchu:

bellong and others what opinion do you have for me

hope im not disturbing anyone. please kindly review my case grin
You are not disturbing anyone bro. We are all sharing information. If your query isnt attended to, it often times imply that those reading it do not have enough accurate answers to your question. So, just leave your query hope for a reply while searching around for more answer. Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 11:55am On Jun 09, 2017
lalaazo:

I didn't keep the Inspector's contact though, but be rest assured that once you get to Force CID; they will hustle you themselves. Just be firm and hold your ground while negotiating irrespective of their guile.
Some would even tell you 15,000naira but what you can offer is what you present.
Lol. same thing I did. Though I paid 4k as that was the only money in my pocket at the time, with some change to take me home.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2017
cuttie83:

You are only entitle to PTA if you have a return ticket
Not entirely true. Some banks are lessening that restriction.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by congenial: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2017
I don't trust the PTE guys. In March, I took the test for the first time , and we were 2 in the room. I had 76,78,78,85 for listening, reading, writing and speaking respectively.
I took it again in May, this time I devoted more time to study and prepare. On the test day we were 7 in the room, and during the speaking session everyone was shouting and you could hear it , infact I had the same reading summary with someone else and just when I had finish saying a word you hear the other person repeating same word.
Behold the results came and I had 80,85,80,68 in listening, reading, writing and speaking respectively. I was weak.
I've decided to take a chill for now, hoping that when next I 'll take it, we won't be more than 2 in the room.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
PTE-A and their wahala. Make the fore fathers of band 90 come put mouth oh...Bnimz, Mctowel01, Jamson, chidike, phlunter, Alphadoor etc.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
Yes you would get PTA with PR visa and one way ticket. I got from Access bank in April when I migrated with my PR visa and one way ticket. Although, when I tried Gtbank they were strict about return ticket.

So carry go Access bank.

[quoe author=Bamz post=57342854]Hi guys,

Thanks.

[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jiangchu: 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2017
mctowel01:

You are not disturbing anyone bro. We are all sharing information. If your query isnt attended too, it often times imply that those reading it do not have enough accurate answers to your question. So, just leave your query hope for a reply while searching around for more answer. Cheers

i really appreciate your kind gesture. i fully understand the whole process just want people contribution on vetassess before taking the leap of faith grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
congenial:
. On the test day we were 7 in the room,... .
on my test, we were 15 in the tiny room. You need to SHOUT as if you stepped on a nail !! It's your money, nobody is writing names of noisemakers grin grin

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
Bnimz:
on my test, we were 15 in the tiny room. You need to SHOUT as if you stepped on a nail !! It's your money, nobody is writing names of noisemakers grin grin
but this is grossly unfair of Pearson. I mean how would an organization put people under such unbearable condition for exams in order to extort them. I think we should carry placard for them, or hashtag #notopteaextortion#.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
Thanks Tunai.

Was having a current account a mandatory requirement?

Hello Declan16,

I sent you a PM. I'm hoping you could help out with PTE-A materials. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Declan16: 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
Bamz:

Hello Declan16,

I sent you a PM. I'm hoping you could help out with PTE-A materials. Thanks.

Hi Bamz,

Here are the links to PTE Academic resources I found on this forum...

- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrxfb23yh2jubz0/AACqQqja5SXpPfZkhvozNTyqa?dl=0

- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxSAhiEs5XzvX3lNSnRxc3NWcU0

In addition, you can visit these Youtube pages for test tips and advice:

- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvSdD8_0DAKn-ThHWhAhoAg

- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWnyAPowoMl57MDY2w2yqw/videos

Best of luck with your test.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
chidike:
Congratulations @Mctowel01
Thanks bruh
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2017
mamajaz:

but this is grossly unfair of Pearson. I mean how would an organization put people under such unbearable condition for exams in order to extort them. I think we should carry placard for them, or hashtag #notopteaextortion#.
I was lucky I did mine on a Monday and I was the only one at UKEAS Ikeja, I went to work afterwards. Guys should try taking the test on a Monday or any other weekday.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Bnimz:

On this day, the chronology of a successful endeavor reads thus:

24th September 2016 - Wrote IELTS

10th October 2016 - IELTS result - L / R / S / W - 9 / 9 / 7.5 / 7.5
- Submitted for Assessment (EA) Fast Track.
- Booked PTE-A

19th October 2016 - wrote PTE-A

24th October 2016 - PTE-A Result - L / R / S / W - 90 / 90 / 90 / 90

28th October 2016 - Assessor requested a new episode.
- Wrote a new episode and uploaded.

3rd November 2016 - EA Positive Outcome, Electronics Engineer
- EOI submitted - 189 with 60 points

9th November 2016 - Electronics Engineering went Pro-Rata with 65pts
- Booked Medicals

16th November 2016 - Did Medicals..

3rd January 2017 - Electronics Engineering Pro-Rata returned to 60 points

14th February 2017 - ITA received
- Visa Application lodged.

28th February 2017 - CO Contact for already uploaded document.
- Uploaded the document again

26th May 2017 - Grant.

IED - 22nd November 2017

Special thanks to everyone who has contributed to this chapter in the story of my life. I really appreciate.

in conclusion - I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. (Ecclesiastes 9 : 11)

God Bless
did your assessor state the reason why he/she asked for a new episode?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 5:17am On Jun 10, 2017
config:
Hello Agbabiaka,

I also hold a BSC from Uni Ibadan with a 2.2 grade but with 8 yrs experience now.

I would advise you write some CISCO EXAMS (like CCNP and CCDP) before you apply for ACS.

To be sure of your getting a positive outcome.

Am a dual CCIE in R&S and SP.

I apply for ACS in 30 June 2016 and I got a positive feedback in 4 July 2016.

You can contact me for the exams as well.
how do I contact you for the exams mentioned in your post.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.