Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206824 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 06, 2017
Dear experts,please who has made payment for EA recently? Can a friend in Australia still help make payment on my behalf? or have they cancelled this option?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OJaySeenson: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2017
yes i did sir. fast track is about 2 months. normal service no get timeframe...you refugees dont deserve prompt service far as EA is concerned...

einsteino:

Please did you fastrak your EA assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bamz:
OlalekanKad,

Thank you so much for your response.

I got this extracts from the ACS guideline.

Introductory Computer Science (Diploma/Yr 1)

So it seems like the Diploma and Vendor Certification AND/OR Closely Related ICT Minor route seems best to assess my educational qualification in the hope that my years of experience is NOT discounted. I just needed opinion before making decision on whether to opt for EA or ACS. As per work experience, I feel I can adapt to to either EA or ACS.

you have said it well. You lean more towards AQF Diploma and ACS and Exp na like dog and bone grin

-------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot Alphadoor,

what year did u graduate (date on your certificate)? - 2011, till date is like

I will be having 5 years 8 months 6 years needed to guarantee +ve assessment

My IT was a IT support position so I guess that counts then it will count but don't write the role as support in reference to ACS, just use system/network engineer.

I also read that
Work experience can only be assessed according to the information provided in the employment reference. If these requirements are NOT met or are unclear in the employment reference, the employment episode will be assessed as not suitable.
That should be no problem.

But this will be a qualification episode, will the employment reference template be used for that as well?

All skills assessment fees will include a total of 8 assessment episodes per application. An assessment episode can be either qualification or employment documentation. For example, you can submit 3 qualifications and 5 employment episodes or 8 employment episodes in total or any combination of qualifications and employment episodes numbering 8 assessment episodes per application.

Does it mean a minimum of 8 episodes?
My understanding is that each company where I've worked will determine my number of episodes.
E.G Internship - 1 episode (qualification)
Post School - 2 episodes (Skill based)

This is very accurate. Each document is a treated as an episode. $50 per additional episodes.

[i]
I couldn't agree more, I just need advice on which to nominate, so I can start prepping for the English test.
You can go ahead with preparation nevertheless as you will be needing English point either way. but you can look at those telecomms related NOC

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
mamajaz:

Retto please, tryan repackage oh. It is well.

Thanks my Sister. It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by larrymoore1: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good day fam.

Please, my occupation is sponsored by two states, South Australia and Tasmania. Now, one of the criterials in Tasmania is one ought to have lived there for two years. i.e Tasmania is out of it.

My question is, should I choose South Australia where the occupation is in the supplementary skilled list in this circumtances?

Your responses will be appreciated.

Thank you

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sofi05(m): 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
Waiting for grant from DIBP is indeed a true test of patience and resilience. Wehdone, DIBP. Una wehhhhdone ooo!!! Chai!!!! ***can't wait to rejoice like the rest of the gang with their grants in their hands***
Meanwhile, any PH residents on here?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akereconfi: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
sofi05:
Waiting for grant from DIBP is indeed a true test of patience and resilience. Wehdone, DIBP. Una wehhhhdone ooo!!! Chai!!!! ***can't wait to rejoice like the rest of the gang with their grants in their hands***

Yea
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
those waiting for invitation on 7th June should check their mail, invitation has been issued. Good luck
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy1233: 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bamz:
OlalekanKad,

Bamz:
OlalekanKad,

Thank you so much for your response.

I got this extracts from the ACS guideline.

As far as ACS is concerned your +ve assssment is assured. You can Nominate 2633111 and include both the B.sc and CCNP in your application ACS will chose the one that gives you the earliest skill met date.

If ACS use CCNP. With CCNP. It is Dilpoma closely related to nominated occupation 5 years would be deducted. 8 months left ( no experience point)

If ACS use your Bsc. If assessed as ICT minor - then it depends on whether it is seen as closely related or not then you may need 6 years if found to be not closely related.

- Please note that Electrical engineering from Unilorin and Lautech has been assessed to be ICT major in the recent past so don’t be so sure that your course cant not be an ICT major. They only need 20% of the total –

That being said

You should explore what alphadoor mentioned. If you did any work closely related to the nominated profession prior to you UNI admission and during your studies be sure to include. This can give you opportunity to claim work experience points ( it is evidenced from 10Naira50Kobo assessment that it would be considered). It is also stated on page 11 on their skill assessment guideline. We missed it when we did our assessment we could have explore it.

So If you use your CCNP and have enough years for them to deduct (5 years) before your CCNP certificate date, Then you rskill met date would be you CCNP certificate date. And you can use years after the CCNP date as skilled employment years. In this case if

CCNP after June 2012 then experience less than 5 years - 5 points ( 20 points needed in English to reach 65 points

CCNP before June 2012 then experience greater than 5 years - 10 points ( 10 points needed in English to reach 65 points)

And if your Bsc was assessed as ICT major. Then you skilled requirement met date would be the date on your Bsc. Cert. 2011 then experience would be 6 years. For this you can claim 10 points.

In my opinion your best bet is to nominate 263111 and assessed with ACS because positive assessment is sure and If you have ( can include) experience prior to UNI and during UNI for them to remove then work experience points is sure and you wont need to write English test like 2, 3 , 4 times to get 20 points like me ( 2 times already I am still looking for 20 points grin) AZY123

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Dear Alphadoor,

Thanks for taking time again to respond.

It seems you misinterpreted my question somewhere:
About the number of episodes. I asked if 8 was a minimum because I will be submitting 3 from the look of things.

Yes, I can start preparing after I know fully that it's ACS that I will opt for, then you know I can do PTE (for migration) instead of IELTS (if I was choosing EA, which is for assessment and migration)
--------------------------------------
About Telecoms Network Engineer (I think it's a close call) but EA will need to see courses such as (I'm guessing):

Wireless, Cellular and Personal Telecommunications
Fiber Optic Telecommunications
Multiprotocol Label Switching
Telecommunications Software Design
Intelligent Networks
Internet Telephony
Advanced Topics in Wireless Communication
Wireless Networks
Switching and QoS Management in IP Networks et al

But nevertheless I could write 3 career episodes from my IT, Project and one from experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bamz:

About the number of episodes. I asked if 8 was a minimum because I will be submitting 3 from the look of things.

Don't get it twisted sir, ACS does not require CDR grin ...
ACS Requires: Passport ID, Work Reference Letters, Transcript, Degree certificate, Acceptable Vendor Certificates (e.g CCNP).............each of this is what ACS refers to as an episode grin

Yes, I can start preparing after I know fully that it's ACS that I will opt for, then you know I can do PTE (for migration) instead of IELTS (if I was choosing EA, which is for assessment and migration).
Correct..!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
Na wa for VETASSESS O.
Assessment since 28th March 2017 and still "In Progress.."

Ki lo de
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
Thanks a lot boss Azy1233

So If you use your CCNP and have enough years for them to deduct (5 years) before your CCNP certificate date, Then you rskill met date would be you CCNP certificate date. And you can use years after the CCNP date as skilled employment years. In this case if
CCNP after June 2012 then experience less than 5 years - 5 points ( 20 points needed in English to reach 65 points)
CCNP before June 2012 then experience greater than 5 years - 10 points ( 10 points needed in English to reach 65 points)

I got my CCNP by Mar 2013
My package may look like this:

2 qualifications - BSc., CCNP
3 employment episodes - 1 during Internship, 2 post BSc.

Let me add here: my total work experience pre and post BSc. (in 2011) is 6mo (pre) + 5yr8mo (post) = 6 years 2 months

That guarantees 10 points for experience yeah?

Hello Alphadoor,

I mentioned CDR when I saw something related to Telecoms Network Engineer that you posted.

Thanks once again bro.

Synopsis:

Age - 30
PTE (Acad) - 20 (Potentially)
Experience - 5 or 10??
CCNP/BSc. - 10 ??

65 or 70? points
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
I believe the test from DIBP is a mild one. Try asking people who are working on Canada's PR undecided

sofi05:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
*** modified

Hello, good to know that you have already identified that the conditions attached to Tasmania's sponsorship is quite keen. For South Australia however, it seem that for some occupations including yours, they're looking for people with infinity angry years of experience because you need 85 points to get sponsorship. That is, after getting 30 from Age, 20 (hopefully) from English test, 15 from qualification except you have PhD (20), 5 from SA itself; you definitely need 10/15 points from experience. At least 5 years for a PhD holder and 8 years for a BSc holder.

In other words, if your current profile isn't similar to the above highlighted, you might want to start looking at another occupation.

larrymoore1:
Good day fam.

Please, my occupation is sponsored by two states, South Australia and Tasmania. Now, one of the criterials in Tasmania is one ought to have lived there for two years. i.e Tasmania is out of it.

My question is, should I choose South Australia where the occupation is in the supplementary skilled list in this circumtances?

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by larrymoore1: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=SegunWamiri post=57256429]Hello, good to know that you have already identified that the conditions attached to Tasmania's sponsorship is quite keen. For South Australia however, it seem that for some occupations including yours, they're looking for people with infinity angry years of experience because you need 85 points to get sponsorship. That is, after getting 30 from Age, 20 (hopefully) from English test, 15 from qualification except you have PhD (20), 5 from SA itself; you definitely need 10/15 points from experience. At least 5 years for a BSc holder and 8 years for a PhD holder.

In other words, if your current profile isn't similar to the above highlighted, you might want to start looking at another occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sofi05(m): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
SegunWamiri:
I believe the test from DIBP is a mild one. Try asking people who are working on Canada's PR undecided

Na wa sha...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bamz:
Dear Alphadoor,

Yes, I can start preparing after I know fully that it's ACS that I will opt for, then you know I can do PTE (for migration) instead of IELTS (if I was choosing EA, which is for assessment and migration)
About Telecoms Network Engineer (I think it's a close call) but EA will need to see courses such as (I'm guessing):

Wireless, Cellular and Personal Telecommunications
Fiber Optic Telecommunications
Multiprotocol Label Switching
Telecommunications Software Design
Intelligent Networks
Internet Telephony
Advanced Topics in Wireless Communication
Wireless Networks
Switching and QoS Management in IP Networks et al

But nevertheless I could write 3 career episodes from my IT, Project and one from experience.

Just to add, I hope you are aware that not all Nigeria uni bsc is equivalent to the aqf bachelor. So which uni did you finish from? Coz 5 or 6yrs would be deducted by Acs if its not equivalent to Aqf bsc, if they need 6years and you dont have it then it might not be suitable
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 8:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eladua:

Just to add, I hope you are aware that not all Nigeria uni bsc is equivalent to the aqf bachelor. So which uni did you finish from? Coz 5 or 6yrs would be deducted by Acs if its not equivalent to Aqf bsc, if they need 6years and you dont have it then it might not be suitable

University of Lagos
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
ajiifixing:
Na wa for VETASSESS O.
Assessment since 28th March 2017 and still "In Progress.."

Ki lo de
Hello. Be patient. I am sure your assessment is close by. The waiting game is not a nice experience.But it will all end well by God's grace.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 1:27am On Jun 07, 2017
Infact, am still wondering what they have in Tasmania and South Australia that made their state sponsorship this difficult, anyway na their
state ooooooo. If not that uncle banjo, uncle buhari and the past leaders from 1960 till date lost their bearings, we 4 no dey carry our skills go where it is recognized. We 4 dey say to work in Lagos, Port-harcourt you need to have a Nigerian relative, you need to be 21 years with 8 years of solid experience hahahahhahaha

SegunWamiri:
Hello, good to know that you have already identified that the conditions attached to Tasmania's sponsorship is quite keen. For South Australia however, it seem that for some occupations including yours, they're looking for people with infinity angry years of experience because you need 85 points to get sponsorship. That is, after getting 30 from Age, 20 (hopefully) from English test, 15 from qualification except you have PhD (20), 5 from SA itself; you definitely need 10/15 points from experience. At least 5 years for a BSc holder and 8 years for a PhD holder.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 3:04am On Jun 07, 2017
OlalekanKad:
Infact, am still wondering what they have in Tasmania and South Australia that made their state sponsorship this difficult, anyway na their
state ooooooo. If not that uncle banjo, uncle buhari and the past leaders from 1960 till date lost their bearings, we 4 no dey carry our skills go where it is recognized. We 4 dey say to work in Lagos, Port-harcourt you need to have a Nigerian relative, you need to be 21 years with 8 years of solid experience hahahahhahaha
grin grin grin I have actually tried imagining such scenarios but it didn't play out well in my head. Lolz but I pray we'll get there some day ooo
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 7:14am On Jun 07, 2017
sent you a PM
majiouk2002:
In case there is anyone that wants to pay for assessment or visa fees, you MAY contact me. You MAY ask @nkechima about her experience regarding her payment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:53am On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=Bamz post=57255190]

Let me add here: my total work experience pre and post BSc. (in 2011) is 6mo (pre) + 5yr8mo (post) = 6 years 2 months

That guarantees 10 points for experience yeah?
I would not say guarantee but i will go with potentially 5pts but definitely not 10, ACS will deduct either 2, 4, 5 or 6 yrs from the 6yrs 2 months you are presenting. In my own case, I had ICT Major AQF bachelor with 5yrs 8 months, they deducted 4yrs...leaving me with 1yrs 8 months. azy1233 submitted 8yrs+ ... they deducted 6 and left him with 2yrs+..

I mentioned CDR when I saw something related to Telecoms Network Engineer that you posted.
ooppssie . Noted

Synopsis:

Age - 30...........
PTE (Acad) - 20 (Potentially)
Experience - 5 or 10??
CCNP/BSc. - 10 ??
65 or 70? points
System engineering from Lagos could give you 15pts , probably as ICT Minor, this is totally upto ACS though, as in my case i did not believe comp. science from OOU could be regarded as AQF Bachelor ICT Major (15pts) as some people have speculated earlier that state schools are regarded as AQF associated degree (10pts).

synopsis:
1) Age:30...PTE: 20..:Exp..5..:Bsc...15 : 70
2) Age:30...PTE..20...EXP..0...Bsc,...15...65
3) Age:30...PTE..20...Exp..0...CCNP. 10..60 (visa 190 +5)
4) Age:30...PTE..20...EXP.5...CCNP 10.. 65

What is vital here is having 20 in PTE, it is a MUST.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2017
EngrEngr:
Guys, Can Someone Fill in an EOI while expecting his outcome grant from an assessing body?

Can it be seen as a red flag?

You can't. The date you received the positive assessment is required as well.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by asadiaboymma: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2017
Hello everyone!
Please I'm on hot sit, I sent my transcripts which I collected in October 2016 from my school to VETASSES, after getting a positive assessment, I was woken up this morning with an e-mail from VETASSES demanding that my school sends another transcripts along with my certificate directly to them and that I have 28 days from today to send if not the out come of my assessment will be cancelled.

My fear, what if the school does not meet up with that deadline, can I contact them and request for extra time?

Has anyone experienced this?

Please urgent response needed oo
Make I no die
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2017
Alphadoo

Thanks so much. I'm indeed grateful. Will keep the house posted on my progress, and if I need further assistance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 10:50am On Jun 07, 2017
Nanlop55:
sent you a PM

I didn't get it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by scrollmeout(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2017
larrymoore1:
Good day fam.

Thank you

You have started well by researching your options. Have you visited the SA migration website to check if there are special considerations for sponsorship? There is a reason the South Australia tick is yellow in colour?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy1223: 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
Damn dis robots. they keep banning. Please see response.

Bamz:
Thanks a lot boss Azy1233

[i]

That guarantees 10 points for experience yeah? No, your experience before the CCNP date is not upto 5 years.

Synopsis:

Age - 30
PTE (Acad) - 20 (Potentially) It is now a must. Unless if you did some work concurrently with your studies that you can use. Maybe part time Network design and troublehooting job (greater than 20 hours). It could be in from 100 - 500 level. That is 5 years
Experience - 5 or 10?? 0 or 5 points more appropriate
CCNP/BSc. - 10 ??

65 or 70? points

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.