Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206030 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
adeomoade:
THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPOSE.
I READ THAT PAGE, I JUST WANT TO BE SURE THAT NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION IS ACCEPTABLE. THANK YOU

ok
well this is a hot topic...it has been mentioned here before but no definite answer was given on alternatives to not wrting english test for spouse.
Hopefully someone can shed more light this time
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
bellong:
Mcslize ... He has posted a link to CDR in the thread. .
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BznTUgIfmjS6NHFmcVlyeFB5a2c?usp=sharing
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
afolaseg:
Anyone interested in PTE Voucher? i have one for sale @ 50k with free ptepractice online scored practice test. I have already paid for it but am giving it out for free.

PTE Voucher sold. @mctowel01, congrat and how is Aussie?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
Alphadoor:

ok
well this is a hot topic...it has been mentioned here before but no definite answer was given on alternatives to not wrting english test for spouse.

***I believe it is straightforward; unless your spouse is a citizen of New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, United kingdom, Canada or United states, or posses at least a degree qualification or five years secondary education from any of these countries, my comrades; it is expected that your spouse writes an English test.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
Bnimz:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BznTUgIfmjS6NHFmcVlyeFB5a2c?usp=sharing

Well done for responding this way. Hope your waka preparation is underway? May God direct your path.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
Alphadoor:

Thanks sesal for the clarity. As you have mentioned , its better to avoid CO wahala or over claiming point as this can lead to refusal or BAN.
ACS gave me "AFTER JULY 2012".......... that AFTER get as be, is it inclusive or excluded?
It means July excluded.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
lalaazo:

I believe it is clear and straight forward; unless your spouse is a citizen of Australia, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, United kingdom, Canada or United states, or posses at least a degree qualification or five years secondary education from any of these countries, my comrades; it is expected that your spouse writes an English test.

I think if your school prepare the letter with levity, it will be rejected. However, if they demonstrate commitment in writing the letter by using appropriate wordings and you include your credentials, you won''t have any issue. I've seen people not from those countries mentioned above go through that successfully. The problem we have is that our schools don''t show commitment in writing such letters. I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
sesal:

It means July excluded.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
ogbevireo:

I am certain this is not the right way to ask for what you want sir.

Noted sir. Bminz accept my apology for my previous post and thanks for the link. I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
disectur:
My people, the dream is becoming real. 22days after lodging my EOI, NSW has sent me an invitation to apply for subclass 190 (Stream 2) this morning. Thank you, Jesus.

Congratz on your EOI
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mcslize:
I appreciate.
Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
jamson:

On top Wetin na
What issues are they raising?
hello bro, for last one week my assessor has gone quiet, he asked rescan of a degree and he was confused about a reference letter a month ago, I cleared him, then started asking for my tax deductions, I provided on company letter head as requested by him, then he said that they still not suitable and provide tax returns from national tax bureau for complete employment of 13 years, I provided it last week and after 5 contacts from assessor he has now gone quiet, I have applied for ENGINEERING MANAGER may be that is the reason that he is taking so long, I had not even asked for employment verification, just the CDR, I applied on 27 Apr
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kamal474:
I have applied for ENGINEERING MANAGER may be that is the reason that he is taking so long, I had not even asked for employment verification, just the CDR, I applied on 27 Apr
No wonder. Engineering Manager na long thing, hence the thorough scrutiny. Nominating professional engineer might have made life easier (koko be say you collect positive assessment and you come here and carve whatver niche you want for yourself career wise). Being a manager is a big deal here and I think they just want to be sure your claims are valid. Did you also submit other independent documents apart from tax papers? Like Pension statement, bank statement etc? I hope your assessor is satisfied and will give you the good news soon. Keep us posted and goodluck

[quote author=mamajaz post=57877580][/quote]
Iceberg54 and Mamajaz, una well done grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 1:44am On Jun 28, 2017
lalaazo:

***I believe it is straightforward; unless your spouse is a citizen of New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, United kingdom, Canada or United states, or posses at least a degree qualification or five years secondary education from any of these countries, my comrades; it is expected that your spouse writes an English test.

This doesn't seem to be my understanding from what I have read via that link. How about the phrase 'one of the following'? Hence, the last point (Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English) highlighted seem to be most applicable to OP's question

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:20am On Jun 28, 2017
Bnimz:
Cheers
See forming & formation.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:20am On Jun 28, 2017
Bnimz:
Cheers
See forming & formation. grin
Bnimz:
Cheers
See forming & formation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:03am On Jun 28, 2017
Alphadoor:

ok

The instruction is a letter from the University that the degree was conducted in English.

I only presented a letter from the University and many other people did same. Those that their CO required English test are few and can be challenged by drawing the CO's attention to the instructions provided on their website.

However, for peace of mind of applicants, if they have enough resources for it, the spouse can write an English test. It is not a compulsion provided the spouse has evidence of study in English.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 4:16am On Jun 28, 2017
Can you share a copy of the letter from the university with me? My email is adekoga@yahoo.com
Thank you.
bellong:

The instruction is a letter from the University that the degree was conducted in English.

I only presented a letter from the University and many other people did same. Those that their CO required English test are few and can be challenged by drawing the CO's attention to the instructions provided on their website.

However, for peace of mind of applicants, if they have enough resources for it, the spouse can write an English test. It is not a compulsion provided the spouse has evidence of study in English.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:44am On Jun 28, 2017
adeomoade:
Can you share a copy of the letter from the university with me? My email is adekoga@yahoo.com
Thank you.

It is not a document you prepare yourself. The university will write it. SO there is no need of sharing a copy of the letter.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:18am On Jun 28, 2017
bellong:

Thanks Bellong, is it from a Nigerian university...
Your testimony will save a lot of peeps a few bucks grin, myself inclusive
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:03am On Jun 28, 2017
Alphadoor:

Thanks Bellong, is it from a Nigerian university...
Your testimony will save a lot of peeps a few bucks grin, myself inclusive

Yes... Nigerian university

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 28, 2017
Hmmmm
And today is June 28, 2017
And Saturday is July 1st, 2017.
Just to let them know that we're waiting patiently. Success all the way to all of us.
Good morning fam

12 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afojibola: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2017
I believe evidences of Spouse functional English language are clearly written on DIBP website...letter from ones Spouse primary school or three years of Secondary School stating that English was the language of instruction can also suffice...I have lodged my application and I used the above stated as proofs of functional English language for my wife. I will update d house on d CO's decision when contacted

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 7:57am On Jun 28, 2017
Sorry to bother you. I need more info on who to issue the letter. Can HOD or a lecturer in the department issue such letter? Thank you.
bellong:

It is not a document you prepare yourself. The university will write it. SO there is no need of sharing a copy of the letter.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:02am On Jun 28, 2017
adeomoade:
Sorry to bother you. I need more info on who to issue the letter. Can HOD or a lecturer in the department issue such letter? Thank you.

Yes, the hod can issue it on the university's letter head paper. However, if you can get the letter from the registry department (registrar's office), it is better

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2017
FYI People. Please see information on immiaccount. Thank you.

[i]Planned System Maintenance

ImmiAccount will be unavailable on the following dates/times AEST:

* 9pm Friday 30 June until 1pm Saturday 1 July 2017

The department is performing a major update to its online application forms. Applications that are not submitted by 9pm on 30 June 2017 will be set to a status of ‘incomplete’ in ImmiAccount as part of the systems maintenance process.

From 1 July 2017, applicants will need to review the answers within their application form to ensure that any updated questions have been answered.

Note: Applications for Chinese ADS600 Visitor Visas will not be affected.

Information for 457 applicants:

On 1 July 2017, new electronic forms will be introduced for all stages of the 457 visa.

Any partially completed, ‘saved’, or ‘in progress’ 457 forms that are not submitted by 9pm on 30 June 2017 will be lost, and the forms will be set to a status of ‘discontinued’ within ImmiAccount. Applicants are advised to ensure that any urgent applications are completed and submitted before this date.

From 01 July 2017, applicants will need to start a new 457 sponsorship, nomination of visa application form to continue the visa application process.

BPAY currently unavailable:

You will not be able to select BPAY to pay for your online application from 26 June 2017 to 1 July 2017.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2017
mctowel01:
Just to update the group. i ve finally moved to Sydney, Australia. I was picked by Iceberg and Jamson themselves. Very cool guys. Currently staying with Jamson and his Mrs, a very homely couple.... Its been just two days, i slept for most of the first day, got a new sim and I m slowly adapting as it goes. Its a new culture and a lot to learn here. Weather is quite cold but easy to get by with sweaters and jackets. Will proceed with TFN, medicare, jobs and bank registrations within the week. Cheers all.

Go ahead and prosper in it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2017
Hi Segun,

Sorry for responding late BSC 4years(Cooperative Economics and Management)

Cheers

SegunWamiri:
Hi, what was your qualification please?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by raretosin2000(f): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
Good Afternoon house, am new here, I have read through the thread and i think i have the basic idea/knowledge of the process, but ill need help in assessing my Skill with ACS. Ill need guidance on this to get a positive assessment...Thank you @Alphadoor @Azy123 and others I see you have succesfully scaled through ACS
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by AbaGuyMan(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
afolaseg:
Anyone interested in PTE Voucher? i have one for sale @ 50k with free ptepractice online scored practice test. I have already paid for it but am giving it out for free.

I'm late as I can see you've sold it already. Please can I get the scored practice test?
I have PMed you.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by martinoonline(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2017
Please those that have travelled on visa subclass 476, what are the requirements for first time entry?

Do I need anything else apart from my passport and a print out of the PDF attached to the grant mail?

@catchdwind4rmkd et al

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.