Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208116 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Haliru001: 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
bellong:

Which visa are you traveling on?

CC: Mimzyy
I'd be traveling on a student visa. I jus contacted IOM. They said that they don't provide concession fares to applicants with student visa
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
Eladua:

Thanks mamajaz, Rachael later picked but said she gave the last one out yesterday and the voucher might not be available till next Friday. So, if I get it from Ikenna, I can use it in Lagos, right?

Suggestion on best center to take it will be appreciated. Thanks.
Yeah, you can buy it from somewhere and use it elsewhere.
Now, is it true that Nigerians can now make payment for PTE- A with our credit cards? E jowo, help me bring answers before my friend dash money out oh.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
Haliru001:

I'd be traveling on a student visa. I jus contacted IOM. They said that they don't provide concession fares to applicants with student visa

It is what I wanted to find out. IOM don't give concession to those on student visa anymore.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Haliru001: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
bellong:

It is what I wanted to find out. IOM don't give concession to those on student visa anymore.
Please do you know any other available option [that the cost is on the low side]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
mamajaz:

Now, is it true that Nigerians can now make payment for PTE- A with our credit cards? E jowo, help me bring answers before my friend dash money out oh.

Yes o Mamajaz...
I didn't get back to you.
I just spoke with the owner of Swintec (Owerri center). He said he has stopped buying vouchers due to the complexity of the processes. In fact, at first he charged 65k...but later told me he's no longer interested and that he'll rather focus on his center being used for the exam.
He further told me to proceed with the application on their website as I can register and pay for the voucher anywhere and still write the exam at his center. So I'll try and complete the application and get back to you once successful.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 2:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
amiaforaussie:
Good day Ause, thank you so much for this platform, it's very educative and informative. I av been following up from the first page for awhile now but I need help on determining who is more preferable to be the principal applicant btw I & my spouse, Here are our details :
My spouse
B.sc - Computer and information science(Nigeria)
M.sc- Telecommunications engineering (UK)
He also have certifications from India on Microsoft technology
He work at an IT firm from Nov 2011 before going for his masters from Sept 2013 to Feb 2015 and he is currently working there from then till date, that's two years plus working experience if am ryt.

Mine
B.tech- Agricultural Economics
Presently working at an agricultural firm since September, 2015

1) Pls who has a better chance as principal applicant?
2) Can he make use of his masters in engineering rather than d B.sc, since IT is competitive
3) or should I be the principal applicant since agricultural consultant is not as competitive as Computer &information science?

From a personal point of view, I think you should be re principal applicant, You can easily nominate agricultural consultant, check the job description on anzsco website and see if it goes in line with your current occupation. The main reason you should be the primary applicant is simply because there's little or no competition in the occupation compared to computer engineering. I applied as an agricultural consultant, And i was done in little time.
The advice is based on personal views anyways.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elirab: 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hello house, please when can we know how many points are required for ACS ( Developer programmer )
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
yungmin:
please, someone should help me with a sample CPD (Continuous professional development) report for EA assessment. thanks.
Please send to joenakoko@gmail.com
Make una epp una boy..o abeg
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
jaybwoi:

First hurdle jumped, for those of us waiting for SS..

Next hurdle is, which state will be nominating our different occupations..

Yeah. First hurdle is favourable. Let's hope for a more favourable one by Monday/Tuesday when all the states would have updated their lists and sponsorship

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
elirab:
Hello house, please when can we know how many points are required for ACS ( Developer programmer )

http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/21-june-2017-round-results.aspx

it closed 2016-2017 at 75points, but its safe to say it will open this year 2017-2018 with 65pts
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
----
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elirab: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Alphadoor:

http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/21-june-2017-round-results.aspx

it closed 2016-2017 at 75points, but its safe to say it will open this year 2017-2018 with 65pts

Thanks, it seems my selected field is highly competitive, would it be safe to say I want to apply for another assessment in another field (Business or System Analyst) rather than developer programmer ?.

i.e, I'll have to modify my reference letter to suit the field I'm applying to.

Would that be advisable ? or will it put my already positive assessment with ACS (system analyst ) under risk
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stanlo300: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
finally positive outcome from EA this morning.Thanks
to the big Oga and every body that have shared
information here.special thanks to my Boss
jamson for all the encouragement and proofreading
of my CDR.PTE-A loading
material Engineering.

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lawland: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hi fellas,

Please does Alagbon police station issue police clearance on Saturday?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stanlo300: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2017
Certain occupations on the MLTSSL are flagged with a double Asterix which means that these occupation types are restricted to applicants applying under certain visa classes only. The occupations indicated via ‘** asterisks’ are only available for the following visa programs
Skilled – Independent (subclass 189)
Temporary Graduate (subclass 485)
Skilled-Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489), if the applicant is not nominated by a State or Territory government agency. pls can somebody explain this for me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
jaybwoi:

Sure bro..what occupation are you going for?

Customer services manager. My spouse would be PA though.

I actually tried sending you a PM earlier in the day
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
yungmin:

Make una epp una boy..o abeg

Send me a pm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by amiaforaussie(f): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2017
hordunayodt:

From a personal point of view, I think you should be re principal applicant, You can easily nominate agricultural consultant, check the job description on anzsco website and see if it goes in line with your current occupation. The main reason you should be the primary applicant is simply because there's little or no competition in the occupation compared to computer engineering. I applied as an agricultural consultant, And i was done in little time.
The advice is based on personal views anyways.
Thank you so much grin i really appreciate your response.... please sir i will need your help since you av applied for the same occupation n u succeeded... Abeg help your sister,lol grin cheesy. can i send u pm?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
mamajaz:

Thanks o, I have even created an account online (http://pearsonpte.com) and selected centre, date, just waiting to check out my order. But, I need someone to confirm the online payment is working before money go, lol.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dewys1: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Brotherly, how far na. The hustle is real. The much awaited July 1st is here, (at least in Aussie now). Any better?

Alphadoor:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
Eladua:

Thanks o, I have even created an account online (http://pearsonpte.com) and selected centre, date, just waiting to check out my order. But, I need someone to confirm the online payment is working before money go, lol.
I suppose one should be able to do it via a Visa card...when i used my naira MasterCard, it wasn't successful, but on trial with my dorm Visa card...it said I've exceeded my daily transaction limit.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
stanlo300:

finally positive outcome from EA this morning.Thanks
to the big Oga and every body that have shared
information here.special thanks to my Boss
jamson for all the encouragement and proofreading
of my CDR.PTE-A loading
material Engineering.

Congrats Chief.... All the best
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
Dewys1:
Brotherly, how far na. The hustle is real. The much awaited July 1st is here, (at least in Aussie now). Any better?

Awaiting further information from DIBP such as ceilings and pro rata arrangements and also state nominations..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kehinde1947(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
bellong:

Ask the agent to tell you what it means.
What class of visa is he doing? I hope you have not been scammed
he said its 2 years employment visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crest2j(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hello fellow NL How do I contact IOM and what is the name of there website?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DatechMan(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
http://www.iomaustralia.org/

crest2j:
Hello fellow NL How do I contact IOM and what is the name of there website?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DatechMan(m): 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
kehinde1947:

My brother, run for your dear life.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
kehinde1947:

hope you never pay sha. ......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
elirab:

Thanks, it seems my selected field is highly competitive, would it be safe to say I want to apply for another assessment in another field (Business or System Analyst) rather than developer programmer ?.

i.e, I'll have to modify my reference letter to suit the field I'm applying to.

Would that be advisable ? or will it put my already positive assessment with ACS (system analyst ) under risk

Don't bother doing another assessment. Both business and system analyst are more competitive than developer programmer. I'll advice you gather more point for 189 or simply fill a seperate Eoi for and pick NSW as your preferred state, you might get state nomination.

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.