Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208213 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2017
JERRYMAG4:
My people, i am really having a tough time uploading my document in the ACS site. As at yesterday, i was getting error that the site was down. This evening now, it is not accepting more than one document. Wheras i need to attach work experience, qualifications and passport seperately according to their rules. Please, who has done assessment before through ACS should please advise how to go about this

Help guys...

Hello,
have you been able to successfully submit your application. The Site is very stable now ( from my experience)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by babylove01: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2017
bellong:

Why won't you go to the state that sponsors you?

The state grants nomination with the expectation that the sponsored will fulfill their part of the obligation to stay for two years at least. I will not encourage anybody to shun their state of sponsorship.

As at today, it is called a moral obligation. There is no implications I know of at the moment. However, rules keep changing. You are trusted to keep your part of the deal.
c
Thanks for the clarification.
I tried advising the person on 190 but he's adamant that it isn't compulsory.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
tyosho:

I apologise for just responding to this.

For question two;using her maiden name is not an issue.I have been married over 4years and still use mine.I have renewed passports and visas and it's never been an issue regarding my marital status so fret not.

Question one get plenty answers and I see Bellong too Don respond.
She can do without the CFA.I got a positive assessment with only a first degree so her first degree with ICAN is just fine.
If you can afford it,Pls assess as both auditor and management accountant with ICAA(I say ICAA because they are the most lenient of the 3 accounting bodies and can give you valid multiple assesments).
Accounting is VERY competitive right now.With two positive skill assessments,you stand a better chance.Aim to have at least 70points(we had 70points and it still took 4months before we got invites as auditors!)

In last financial year July 2015-June 2016,there were only 1000 slots for auditors in the 189 program and they finished in September 2015.This year has about 1377 slots and they could finish anytime as well.
A lot people too are on the queue for 189 accountants so the earlier you join that queue,I would say the better.
But there's always state sponsorship which isn't bad at all as well.

Can u do gen accountant instead of management accountant though?Easier to get state sponsorship of gen accountant over mgt accountant

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
@tyosho can we please talk more abt d residency programme for accountants?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
SegunWamiri:

Hmmmn! How do we handle this: Position Held and its details? These companies don't even know the exact positions she has held or is currently holding in the main organization. They are not even aware of the promotions and transfers or would she just inform them of these and let them clarify with the Main organization?

NB: she doesn't have a direct supervisor within the recruitment agency

I had a similar situation from one of my employers. I didn't engage the main company, it was the outsourcing company that I faced directly from the on set. I drafted my reference letter myself, included my positions and job description the way I wanted them(was honest with it though). They just printed it on their letter head, stamp and signed. The only place the name of the main company actually surfaced was when I stated I was seconded to them in the reference letter. You might want to do same.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks for the info sir,

I pray I get the money for all of us before ITA land. Just over planning things ahead.

bellong:
@Azy123,

That particular question is not for immediate family members. It is for other family like parents, siblings etc. There is another for immediate family members except it has been changed.

Nevertheless, what you can do is to answer yes to all the questions, pay for yourself alone to meet the 60 days deadline. Upload all documents except that you don't do medicals. Once you get a CO contact, advice the CO to put your application on hold because you want to add your family to the application.

Although, you can contact DIBP at anytime after submission to put your application on hold so you can add family members. It is the easiest way to buy time while looking for money for others.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by benefe: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hi Ogbe,
pls is bio-technologist applicable for subclass 189.
please need clarification if you can help
thank you
ogbevireo:
Good morning all.
Kindly go through the links for changes announced.

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/july-web-changes.aspx

As hinted some time back, visa fees have changed.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

see specific changes to subclass 189.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

see specific to changes to subclass 190.
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/190-

The points table.
http://www.border.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/the-points-table.aspx

I have refrained from putting the changes in my own words, hence the links.
I do hope this comes in helpful.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
ACS group manager, Alphadoor, ACS chief of staff AZY123, there be this sister of mine Wey study computer something ( HND), preparing for IELTS, age point is 25 and have few years of experience. Please help me tutor her on what to do. She's a #GMPC member.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
Good afternoon ooo, am back with my questions please help me go tru my profile n advice according.thanks
* I graduated 2005 with 2.2 industrial chemistry( 4 years course)
* just the normal buying n selling in 2008/2009
* took up a teaching job in 2010/2011
* Did postgraduate Diploma in Education(National Teacher Institute) in 2011
*Took up a Government job late 2011 till date
* did my M.Sc in industrial chemistry 2016/2017 ( graduating in two weeks)
* wrote IELTS last year july( LSRW :6.5,6,6.5,7) planning to rewrite by aug 3rd
* 34 years
MY QUESTIONS

-which visa can I look forward to?
-can I be assessed as a primary school teacher?
-which state is sponsoring chemist( I don't understsnd the new joblisting)
-can I use my masters for assessment or it has to be my B,sc
-whats the possibility of getting positive assessment?
-What category does Unilorin falls
-what category does Nigeria Turkish Nile University falls?
Thanks as u help me shed more light
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
mamajaz:
Hello friends, my schools sent some documents from Ilesha since Friday last week, but all I've been seeing on tracking is that it has departed facility in Ibadan since that Friday to get to Melbourne on 6th of this month, there's no update on it's movements other than that. Please, is it possible they didn't send it ni I'm confused.

If it's NIPOST/EMS, the tracking you see often ends when the parcel leaves city of postage or Lagos.

So, it's possible the parcel is on it's way and should get there within a few days of the stated date.

If there's a way to confirm from the recipient, try to do that.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
jukeblam:

If it's NIPOST/EMS, the tracking you see often ends when the parcel leaves city of postage or Lagos.

So, it's possible the parcel is on it's way and should get there within a few days of the stated date.

If there's a way to confirm from the recipient, try to do that.
Thanks bro, it's DHL, the first one they did for me was really pure, I got it's updates from coast to coast. I have placed a call across to the lady I submitted to and she told me it's in transit but that Lagos people were the ones that didn't make the updates, she went further to reassure me that when it gets to the UK I should get an update.
Thanks again.
@ Sunvick, why you dey hibernate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Obigirl: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ok sir, thanks very much for your advice[quote author=bellong post=57938122,
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Obigirl: 4:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
Not at all o, this restaurant and café thing is just looking complicated to me by the day. need to make some findings before making any move.
OzyMigrant:
Hi Obigirl and everyone in the house,

Please has anyone been able to pull through with cafe and restaurant manager assessment? I need to get info for someone.

She's been running a registered food(Snacks and fruit juice) company for some years now. She read English from Unilag.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mamajaz,

We are happy to help. But where did you put the directors of ACS - bolaobby, config desgin, 1 Naira50kobo, Sunvick, vinsmuft, doyen...
evryone is contributing in our own little way.

Let that sister of yours ask away.

But with the info so far. adn with everyother thing being he same - No information about new ceiling yet, 65 point for ICT professions on 189 Skilled list etc... I would advise that she go for state nomination and probably access as one of those less competitive ICT profession. We have witness some peeps getting ITA from NSW stream 2 with those profession while we are still waiting for ITA :-)

Education : 10
Experience : few years experience? how many years after graduation? I assume 5 points
English test: 20 points

Total = 60 points ( +5 state nomination) . She still have hope.

20 points in english required or not depends on how many years of experience she has post graduation and proper packaging of assessment application.

mamajaz:
ACS group manager, Alphadoor, ACS chief of staff AZY123, there be this sister of mine Wey study computer something ( HND), preparing for IELTS, age point is 25 and have few years of experience. Please help me tutor her on what to do. She's a #GMPC member.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Obigirl: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
Good day oga Bellong and everyone, please a friend of mine who read pharmacy and works with ministry of health , did her assessment with AIMS last year as a CEO/managing director of her large poultry and fish farm, which was negative. now am trying to advice her to try again but not as a CEO, rather as a pharmacist with another assessing body, but she is worried that the two assessing bodies might have a kind of link. please elders in the house, where should she go from here. thanks as usual.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
really tricky. You will need to go through the ICT professions and choose one to nominate. It should be possible for you to get employment reference letters for any part time job done also before 2012 or even before your studies to ensure that you have enough years of experience for them to deduct.

For Non ICT diploma - you need to write Recognision of Prior Learning (RPL) and they will also deduct 6 years from your experience ( part time - work, more than 20 hours per week, during studies and full time work before admission to study is acceptable by them)

the rest depends on your age and english test result.

So there is hope. It all depends on you.

castrokins:
Very Tricky, Sir.
Since Bellong's Comment, I Have Been On The ACS Website Trying To Make Sense Of Their Requirements. Sure They Accommodate Qualifications With Minimal Or No ICT Contents, But Again You Must Satisfy Some Other Requirements Incidental To The Process. Whew!!!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by castrokins(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
Boss, Thanks For Flashing This Ray Of Hope. It's Important I Mention That I Started Working In 2008, But The Appointment Was Only Ratified In 2013. In Any Case, I Have Employment Letters For When I Started Working. I Will Look At The RPL Late On To Assess My Chances. Again, Thank You For The Time As I'd Welcome Further Advise Incidental To My Latest Information.

Azy123:
really tricky. You will need to go through the ICT professions and choose one to nominate. It should be possible for you to get employment reference letters for any part time job done also before 2012 or even before your studies to ensure that you have enough years of experience for them to deduct.

For Non ICT diploma - you need to write Recognision of Prior Learning (RPL) and they will also deduct 6 years from your experience ( part time - work, more than 20 hours per week, during studies and full time work before admission to study is acceptable by them)

the rest depends on your age and english test result.

So there is hope. It all depends on you.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2017
If your application is properly packaged ( by writing the job description to closely align with the nominated occupation and enusuring the number of hours for part time jobs is greater that 20 clearly stated on the letter for them to see) , Then 2008 to 2017 experience is 9 years. With RPL they can deduct 6 year ( 2008 t0 2014) and you can claim 3 years - 5 points for experience.

calculate your points and see if you can get up to 60 or 65 points - use that to guide yourself as to the ICT profession you will nominate. some are highly competitve and requires 65 point on 189 and are not getting state invitation at the moment while some are not on the 189 list but are getting state nomination with 60 points.

Experience - 5 points,
Education - 10 points,
Age - ?
English test - ?

castrokins:
Boss, Thanks For Flashing This Ray Of Hope. It's Important I Mention That I Started Working In 2008, But The Appointment Was Only Ratified In 2013. In Any Case, I Have Employment Letters For When I Started Working. I Will Look At The RPL Late On To Assess My Chances. Again, Thank You For The Time As I'd Welcome Further Advise Incidental To My Latest Information.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
mamajaz:

Thanks bro, it's DHL, the first one they did for me was really pure, I got it's updates from coast to coast. I have placed a call across to the lady I submitted to and she told me it's in transit but that Lagos people were the ones that didn't make the updates, she went further to reassure me that when it gets to the UK I should get an update.
Thanks again.
@ Sunvick, why you dey hibernate?
Don't worry; had similar issues with DHL when sending documents to Germany late last year. You would definitely get notifications when delivery is made, if you set-up the alert on DHL tracking website.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by castrokins(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
You're Far Too Kind Sir.

Age = 30
English Test = Pending

Just Left Work. I Will Take My Time On This Late On When I Get Home. Whatever I Arrived At Would Be Shared For Further Direction.

Thank You So Much.

Azy123:
If your application is properly packaged ( by writing the job description to closely align with the nominated occupation and enusuring the number of hours for part time jobs is greater that 20 clearly stated on the letter for them to see) , Then 2008 to 2017 experience is 9 years. With RPL they can deduct 6 year ( 2008 t0 2014) and you can claim 3 years - 5 points for experience.

calculate your points and see if you can get up to 60 or 65 points - use that to guide yourself as to the ICT profession you will nominate. some are highly competitve and requires 65 point on 189 and are not getting state invitation at the moment while some are not on the 189 list but are getting state nomination with 60 points.

Experience - 5 points,
Education - 10 points,
Age - ?
English test - ?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
Here is the link to the current/updated occupation list Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Canberra, updated on July 4,2017. http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/workspace/uploads/documents/act-occupation-list-july-17.pdf
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by boboyi247(m): 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
hi every one.
am a mech. engrg graduate with 2 yrs working experience.
i was directed from the Australian student trend to this trend.
pls someone should kindly give me the link that will show me the steps and documents required for PR process.
thanks in anticipation
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DatechMan(m): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ladon7:
Good afternoon ooo, am back with my questions please help me go tru my profile n advice according.thanks
* I graduated 2005 with 2.2 industrial chemistry( 4 years course)
* just the normal buying n selling in 2008/2009
* took up a teaching job in 2010/2011
* Did postgraduate Diploma in Education(National Teacher Institute) in 2011
*Took up a Government job late 2011 till date
* did my M.Sc in industrial chemistry 2016/2017 ( graduating in two weeks)
* wrote IELTS last year july( LSRW :6.5,6,6.5,7) planning to rewrite by aug 3rd
* 34 years
MY QUESTIONS

-which visa can I look forward to?
-can I be assessed as a primary school teacher?
-which state is sponsoring chemist( I don't understsnd the new joblisting)
-can I use my masters for assessment or it has to be my B,sc
-whats the possibility of getting positive assessment?
-What category does Unilorin falls
-what category does Nigeria Turkish Nile University falls?
Thanks as u help me shed more light
What is the nature of the job you are doing with government?
BSc is usually what is asseased
Unilorin Cat 2
NTNU i dunno.

My advise would be that you should consider Canada. With your profile and a better ielts you should have a very good chance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
boboyi247:
hi every one.
am a mech. engrg graduate with 2 yrs working experience.
i was directed from the Australian student trend to this trend.
pls someone should kindly give me the link that will show me the steps and documents required for PR process.
thanks in anticipation

welcome.

kindly study pages 1&2 of this thread (you will learn a lot from these) and as many other pages you can. after that you can ask questions that folks here can easily answer.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akereconfi: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
Azy123:

Experience - 5 points,
Education - 10 points,
Age - ?
English test - ?

Bros if someone have

Diploma in Computing and also
BSc in Information and Communications Technology

Can you claim point for both??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
mamajaz:

grin grin
see title ... Lol.
@azy123 has said it all... I concur
How many years of experience and whats her specialization.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
akereconfi:

Bros if someone have

Diploma in Computing and also
BSc in Information and Communications Technology

Can you claim point for both??
No you can't... The highest qualification submitted supersedes the lesser ones
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
Fam,
Please I need Aussie CV format.
Biko. E jowo...Abeg.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
babylove01:

Please I want to find out the implications of not gong to the state that sponsored your 190 Visa.
The implication is really straightforward... When its time to get citizenship,, the person is likely to hear some VERY funny and VERY unpalatable stories.....

Pretty sure I read that on the website of one of the states.

Basically the same way someone who doesn't stay in the state that sponsored his 489 is extremely unlikely to get his 887 PR visa afterwards
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
SENIOR SCIENTIFIC OFFICER.
Am already in Canada pool(my crs is low) , want to rewrite ielts to boost my score but the POF issue is giving me a nightmare dats why am looking out for alternative

DatechMan:

What is the nature of the job you are doing with government?
BSc is usually what is asseased
Unilorin Cat 2
NTNU i dunno.

My advise would be that you should consider Canada. With your profile and a better ielts you should have a very good chance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DatechMan(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ladon7:
SENIOR SCIENTIFIC OFFICER.
Am already in Canada pool(my crs is low) , want to rewrite ielts to boost my score but the POF issue is giving me a nightmare dats why am looking out for alternative

If you include your masters and get band 7.5 your CRS will soar.
The POF issue hmmm.

Before you ask any more questions. Look up the ANZZCO code that best match your job description and indicate which of the lists it can be found. Also note the assessment body. Refer to Page 0 to 2. Then come back to ask for any further help.

I would advise you go with experience in line with your degree. This will increase your chance of a positive assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
lalaazo:

Don't worry; had similar issues with DHL when sending documents to Germany late last year. You would definitely get notifications when delivery is made, if you set-up the alert on DHL tracking website.
Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.