Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208501 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cognito79: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hephgirl:
Please Is there additional point for masters degree?
Masters degree was in d UK

If you take little time to read only the opening page, you wouldn't ask this question.

Bellong took considerable effort in putting this piece together and he actually answered most questions in the opening page.

Now, go back and read.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
EA people, hope it's not a crime if ones career episode is beyond the 1700words mark?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
spyroxy1:

Please can one pay using the naira master card (GTB)?

if what you are paying is not more than $1000, yes you can with GtBank Naira mastercard, However you can only spend a maximum of $1000 per month.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephgirl: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
Cognito79:

If you take little time to read only the opening page, you wouldn't ask this question.

Bellong took considerable effort in putting this piece together and he actually answered most questions in the opening page.

Now, go back and read.
but I've read it.... Lemme read it again

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hephgirl:
Please Is there additional point for masters degree?
Masters degree was in d UK

No additional point. It's the same point as first degree i.e 15 points and PhD is 20points.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephgirl: 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
Prolivingproof:

No additional point. It's the same point as first degree i.e 15 points and PhD is 20points.
Ok thanks... U r far too kind.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 9:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
Good day all,

I would like to know if it's OK to send my transcript prior to skill assessment with vetasses. Still gathering documents and some I willing to help with the transcript waka. Or can I use a local address then later forward to vetasses or the transcript must be addressed to them?

Warm regards

@ bellong thank God for your brother
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
jayooh:
EA people, hope it's not a crime if ones career episode is beyond the 1700words mark?
not at all.. limit is 1000 to 2500, none of my episodes was less than 3000 words but 2500 is sufficient
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oreayo2011: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
Good Evening House. Has anyone seen results of the round conducted on the 12th?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kemmyrocks: 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
@bellong, il be most grateful if you may respond to my questions.

1. So i have selected welfare project manager as my occupation. Since this fits appropriately with my B.Sc. After working for 2.8years in a related field (NGO), i pursued a masters degree (Public Health from a good UK Uni) listed by the assessing body (ACWA) as fitting for the position - that is, a Welfare Project Manager. The things is i have only worked with my B.Sc. but not with my M.Sc. So that I dont shoot myself in the leg, will you advice that I leave my M.Sc. out and just get assessed with my B.Sc. (Sociology)? P.S - i am aware that an MSc.does not increase my points, but can it may somewhat increase my chance of receiving a positive assessment?

2. Apart from letter of employment, payslip, promotion letter, resignation letter and letter from employer - are there other things to support these two request for
a. Position descriptions for relevant work experience.
b. Letter from employrr showing details of the position including title, type, whether full time or part time, and start and end date?

Thank you for your response in advance.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephgirl: 12:37am On Jul 14, 2017
Bnimz:
Issorai

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/18-january-2017-round-results.aspx

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hDMwZx2ba47Fe-pwKOgzNOYKbjSmqLOXAbsDvCEfWyY/edit#gid=2057441735

we are waiting for data on the FEB 1st round...
I tried checking but it keeps takin me to January. How do I check d most recent one?

Modified
I found my way around it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 2:03am On Jul 14, 2017
So my ACS ppl,
A number of people have written to Victoria asking whether they should fill the exact number of years of experience they have or the years accessed by ACS.
Response was
"Thank you for your enquiry to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program.

The Victorian Government nomination process is in no way connected to the Australian Computer Society's (ACS) assessment of work experience.
Applicants must provide a detailed CV which includes the relevant information about work experience and checks may be undertaken where necessary. Our office considers overall experience.

All applicants must meet the work experience requirements for your occupation. Check the State Nomination Occupation List for these requirements.

Work experience gained during an apprenticeship is not counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. Only paid work experience gained post-qualification is counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. You should still include any 'pre-qualification' work experience on your resume.

Work experience may be 20 hours/week (part-time)"

So my question is, if they consider overall work experience, and you decide to enter date for overall work experience in your 190 EOI for victoria, knowing you can back up your claim, Would DIPB accept that?
Since you will be awarded points for overall work experience.
Abi when it's time to defend it, person go go call them from Victoria office to come and help talk to CO.? Lool.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2017
Hephgirl:
I tried checking but it keeps takin me to January. How do I check d most recent one?

Modified
I found my way around it

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/21-june-2017-round-results.aspx
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#tab-content-2

I hope that is what you are looking for?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2017
junebaby:
Good day all,

I would like to know if it's OK to send my transcript prior to skill assessment with vetasses. Still gathering documents and some I willing to help with the transcript waka. Or can I use a local address then later forward to vetasses or the transcript must be addressed to them?

Warm regards

@ bellong thank God for your brother

Your academic transcript must be sent directly to Vetassess from your school ( for Nigeria and Pakistan Unis)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 8:50am On Jul 14, 2017
Prolivingproof:

if what you are paying is not more than $1000, yes you can with GtBank Naira mastercard, However you can only spend a maximum of $1000 per month.

thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:40am On Jul 14, 2017
trastar:
So my ACS ppl,
The Victorian Government nomination process is in no way connected to the Australian Computer Society's (ACS) assessment of work experience. YES
So my question is, if they consider overall work experience, and you decide to enter date for overall work experience in your 190 EOI for victoria, knowing you can back up your claim, Would DIPB accept that? NO

Since you will be awarded points for overall work experience. This is a sole responsibility of DIBP only

Abi when it's time to defend it, person go go call them from Victoria office to come and help talk to CO.? Lool.

VIC deal with state nomination while ACS deals with Employment claims and Degree points.

however, both are part of the PR visa 190 cycle.

Victoria can and will only award you 5pt (190) 10pts (489) for state nomination only

DIBP will refer to you "Skill Met Date" on your ACS assessment result to award you points for work exp, so when filling EOI this is what is required, EOI will not ask you what VIC thinks of your Years of experience.

It will also help to note that ICT nomination for VIC is no longer as you have presented it... for FY 2017-2018 there was a significant change in approach.
http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190#applyICT

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2017
I think what they are saying is that in deciding who to nominate Victoria consider overall experinece hence the reasn for asking for detailed CV.

Point claiming is another thing on the other hand. If you want to list all your experience, better to check ( mark) only those approved by ACS as skilled when ask the question of whether experience is related to nominated profession or not. Only those marked would be used in calculating your point.

trastar:
So my ACS ppl,
A number of people have written to Victoria asking whether they should fill the exact number of years of experience they have or the years accessed by ACS.
Response was
"Thank you for your enquiry to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program.

The Victorian Government nomination process is in no way connected to the Australian Computer Society's (ACS) assessment of work experience.
Applicants must provide a detailed CV which includes the relevant information about work experience and checks may be undertaken where necessary. Our office considers overall experience.

All applicants must meet the work experience requirements for your occupation. Check the State Nomination Occupation List for these requirements.

Work experience gained during an apprenticeship is not counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. Only paid work experience gained post-qualification is counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. You should still include any 'pre-qualification' work experience on your resume.

Work experience may be 20 hours/week (part-time)"

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2017
Hephgirl:
Ok so I've read through.

On d dibp website I saw pet engineering.. As per new occupation listed
But on anzsco search it's not there..

What does this mean please?

And is there any other occupation u recommend a petroleum engineer can nominate?

Pet ENG is no longer eligble for PR visa
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2017
Kamal474:
not at all.. limit is 1000 to 2500, none of my episodes was less than 3000 words but 2500 is sufficient
OK thanks. One can't be over careful in this process, because for EA's MSA booklet it's around 1700 in total.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 10:51am On Jul 14, 2017
Good day, I have no experience on this job role or on the pr journey yet, however someone on this platform has been assessed positively by Vetasses for this same job role. You may also want to seek her assistance as well.

I think her moniker is Yeshua.

Regards
quote author=kemmyrocks post=58433175]@bellong, il be most grateful if you may respond to my questions.

1. So i have selected welfare project manager as my occupation. Since this fits appropriately with my B.Sc. After working for 2.8years in a related field (NGO), i pursued a masters degree (Public Health from a good UK Uni) listed by the assessing body (ACWA) as fitting

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2017
I am wondering if it's possible for someone in Australia to help buy PTE voucher online, then I use it here in Nigeria. Has anyone tried this before?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kemmyrocks: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks @junebaby.

junebaby:
Good day, I have no experience on this job role or on the pr journey yet, however someone on this platform has been assessed positively by Vetasses for this same job role. You may also want to seek her assistance as well.

I think her moniker is Yeshua.

Regards
quote author=kemmyrocks post=58433175]@bellong, il be most grateful if you may respond to my questions.

1. So i have selected welfare project manager as my occupation. Since this fits appropriately with my B.Sc. After working for 2.8years in a related field (NGO), i pursued a masters degree (Public Health from a good UK Uni) listed by the assessing body (ACWA) as fitting
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2017
kemmyrocks:
Thanks @junebaby.

junebaby: Yeeshas is the moniker.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2017
kemmyrocks:
Thanks @junebaby.

Hello the Gurus,please has anyone successfully done assessment with AIM.I wanted to assessed as Fleet Manager by Vettasses before but the occupation is no longer in the list.So I want to go for Supply and Distribution Manager but is assessed by AIM,kindly advise if I can go ahead and has anybody gone through them before?Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Eladua:
I am wondering if it's possible for someone in Australia to help buy PTE voucher online, then I use it here in Nigeria. Has anyone tried this before?
But I just bought the voucher from Rachael at UKEAS now now @ 52K. Why Australia? Just curious
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
You can try transport company manager

nikkycool:
Hello the Gurus,please has anyone successfully done assessment with AIM.I wanted to assessed as Fleet Manager by Vettasses before but the occupation is no longer in the list.So I want to go for Supply and Distribution Manager but is assessed by AIM,kindly advise if I can go ahead and has anybody gone through them before?Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks a lot. This information is priceless. But do I have to do anything specifically like get a doctor's report or clearance certificate? Leaving by November will actually be perfect.
firsttymum:
36 weeks... I flew Emirates early this year.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
tunai:
You can try transport company manager

Thank you very much,I thought its not also among the SA list but will check thoroughly.Thanks Please oh am totally confused on the list of occupations.I know we have States Occupation List like SA,ACT,Tasmania,Victoria etc.Please is the STOL and MLTTSL list for general Australian Occupation list.Someone kindly educate and correct me cos am actually looking for Fleet manager and think I saw it on Australia Skilled Occupation List.Thank you o.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
jayooh:

OK thanks. One can't be over careful in this process, because for EA's MSA booklet it's around 1700 in total.
u must be having an old version of msa guidebook, it's 1000-2500 and I am sure about that
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
It is 1000 - 2500 ... My 4 episodes were approximately 1300, 1800, 1500 and 1700 respectively... So, ya, you don't need an epistle for positive assessment...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kemmyrocks: 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
mamajaz:

junebaby: Yeeshas is the moniker.

Thanks @junebaby. She has actually been of tremendous help already. I just wanted to check with other people as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.