Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208430 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by white99(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2017
Cognito79:

Not addressed to me but will give you suggestions to choose your option.

HND - Electrical draftsman

Age - 25 points

Qualification - 10 points

Experience:. 15 points

English : 10 or 20?

Total:. 60 or 70points depending on English

B.Eng ... Professional Engineer

Age. 25

Qualification. 15

Experience. 0

English. 10 or 20.

Total:. 50 or 60.

Based on the above, choose for yourself your best path.

@ Cognito79 Thanks, Am so so Grateful.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephgirl: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ok so I've read through.

On d dibp website I saw pet engineering.. As per new occupation listed
But on anzsco search it's not there..

What does this mean please?

And is there any other occupation u recommend a petroleum engineer can nominate?

Bellong
Jukeblam
Mamajaz

Everyone...
Anyone

Lol
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
jayooh:
so Bnimz has finally landed in Oz
Nope... Its going to be a little while before I move.. Man still dey gather small small change..

Send pm for the cpd
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
disectur:
Good morning, I'm the moderator of a small WhatsApp group (LEAVING FOR GOOD). We are just a group of 11 friends on the process, one is in Sydney as of May this year, one has already lodged and awaiting direct grant, I have received and ITA and other are in the process of assessment. Most of us are moving to NSW and Victoria. If you want to use that platform then you can PM me but there is no greater source of TRUTHFUL information than this thread by @bellong.

Thanks

This forum is extreemly useful of course.Will PM you.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
praiseisgood:
@wisemen045,

Internal Auditor and External Auditor are in the same unit group (2211). Hence, you will most likely get a positive outcome giving your qualifications.

All you need do is to word your reference appropriately.

What is assessed by CPA is that you have appropriate level of competency requires of an External Auditor not necessarily that you are presently an External Auditor.

What are these competencies? They include things like audit, escalating control issues for management attention, financial investigation, ensuring compliance with regulatory enactments and so on. All these I believe you do as a control person.

Like I said earlier, please read up CPA and CAA sites for their peculiarities. There demands are far less than Vetasses. They are also cheaper.

Given your profile, you are a big man so cost should not be an issue. I learnt they pay bankers hired assasin's salaries.

Per adventure you need further clarification after reading the sites, 'am sure toslad will be glad to assist concerning ICAA while I will oblige your request on CPA.

Good morning.

Ha! Evans crew should not hear this ''hired assassin salary'' story oo.

Thanks so much. I have registered for IELTS too. I will keep you all updated as things progress.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
toslad:
praiseisgood! lol @ hired assisin's salaries.

You really did justice to this.

@wisemen045,

UniIlorin is a good school for Vetassess. So you have loads of options - Internal Auditor, External Auditor, General Accountant.

I am an Internal Auditor in a financial institution and I got positive assessments for both External Auditor and General Accountant from ICAA.I wasnt lucky with Vetassess cos my school (OOU and course - 4 years) was not seen as being equivalent to Australian Bachelors.

Disectur can put you through on the Internal Audit route, I can help out with ICAA while you consult Praiseisgood for CPA. The choice is really yours to make.

The advantage Vetassess has over both ICAA and CPA is that no English test is required before your assessment. ICAA and CPA require a minimum of 65 and 7 in PTE and IELTS respectively.

I hope this helps you further in making your choice.

Thanks. I will love to see a sample of your reference if you don't mind. You know our HR people can be very conscious of what they write/give as reference. Can I use declaration if the reference issued to me by the company does not describe my JD adequately to meet the expectations of the assessing bodies? Can I send you a PM?

Oga Disectur I have sent you a PM.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by emedy(m): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2017
Pharnta:

Hello pharm emedy.i am a pharmacist on this PR issue.pls don't be discouraged.it looks complicated but it's actually not.what I did in my case, I nominated pharmacy technician and got positive outcome with vetassess in six weeks, I applied for nomination with NT for 489.patiently waiting for my nomination.from my findings I can do all that is needed to register as a retail pharmacist as soon as I land in OZ. I am nominating pharmacy technician majorly because I had 7,7,6,6.5 in IELTS.to nominate retail pharmacist you need minimum of 7 across the four bands in IELTS academic.APharmC requires the academic module.you do not need to write any exam aside IELTS from here.the registration involves exams when u get to OZ.pls do not bury your interest.You don't know how glad i am to see a fellow pharmacist on this thread.u can send me a PM if u need further clarifications.as men of honour we join hands.

You have really made my day. I'll reach out to you Pharm.
As men of Honour, we join hands really
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Bnimz:
Nope... Its going to be a little while before I move.. Man still dey gather small small change..

Send pm for the cpd

Sorry bro......thought you had left ni o. U nor go blame na.........how pesin go believe sey u never go join your two other musketeers for Sydney.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
no POF required

DatechMan:
I'm sorry if i sound naive
I have been following the other thread, Canada PR thread.
I have just started reading up on the Austrialian thread.

Is it true that no POF is required for the Aussy PR?

Here is my profile.

I'm 28 (30 point)
I have a BSC Elect elect (15 point)
I have worked as Telecom field engineer (MLTSSL code 313212) for 3+ years. (5 point).
I will be writing my IELTS next month. I am praying to be able to get at least 8 across board

Please whats the prospect?

I am thinking of evaluating with Engineers Australia. Anyone done this before? What are the steps?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yenisola: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hi all,
I wish to apply for visa 189 and I need 3-5 years experience to gain some 5 points. I currently work in a place where I could get employment evidence of pay slips and other stuffs and have been here for just 1.5 years. How do I make my previous employments (e.g service year and some other ones) count as I am was paid by hand to at least meet the minimum of 3 years working experience. Has anyone been in my shoes?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Umich: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
Please I will like to send you a pm on this. I will like you to add me to the whatsapp group.

disectur:
Good morning, I'm the moderator of a small WhatsApp group (LEAVING FOR GOOD). We are just a group of 11 friends on the process, one is in Sydney as of May this year, one has already lodged and awaiting direct grant, I have received and ITA and other are in the process of assessment. Most of us are moving to NSW and Victoria. If you want to use that platform then you can PM me but there is no greater source of TRUTHFUL information than this thread by @bellong.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
wisemen045:

University of Ilorin.

Can my internal audit (control) experience be used to assess as external auditor with these bodies?

Better by far.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yenisola:
Hi all,
I wish to apply for visa 189 and I need 3-5 years experience to gain some 5 points. I currently work in a place where I could get employment evidence of pay slips and other stuffs and have been here for just 1.5 years. How do I make my previous employments (e.g service year and some other ones) count as I am was paid by hand to at least meet the minimum of 3 years working experience. Has anyone been in my shoes?

Your assessment result will validate your years of experience. As it is, you cannot claim years of work experience until you have been assessed. To get more help from the fam, state your occupation to know the assessing body and their requirement.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hephgirl:
Ok so I've read through.

Lol

Nominate Engineering technologist.

@wisemen045,

Don't assess with Vetasses except you have additional qualification to support your UNILORIN degree. The school is assessed as equivalent to associate degree by vetasses.

@white99,

You have been given solution to your challenge.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
spyroxy1:
Yes ..

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
bellong:

@wisemen045,

Don't assess with Vetasses except you have additional qualification to support your UNILORIN degree. The school is assessed as equivalent to associate degree by vetasses.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
spyroxy1:

Engineers Australia assess as Full Degree

He read accounting not Engineering. Accounting is a four year course while Engineering is 5.

Unilorin is a tier 2 University according to what they use for assessment. Which means, you require a 5year degree to get equivalent of Bachelor.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Prolivingproof:
Good news. GTbank has done an upward review of international spending limit on your Naira Mastercard. You can spend up to $1000 on POS and online payments within a month. In other words paying for assessment has become less rigorous.

Please can one pay using the naira master card (GTB)?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
koleefem05:

Shop online, pay for visas, flights, tuition, hotels, services, apps & more with your GTBank Dollar Card. Remember, NO LIMITS on POS/WEB & $1,000 daily on ATM

Do GTB give that here? I think for Dom accounts?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by babylove01: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
babylove01:
Please is there anyone having issues with immiaccount? Been trying to Lodge and pay for the visa but it keeps saying the page is currently unavailable. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks

Oga belong any idea??

Can I create another immiaccount??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
[quote author=babylove01 post=58422346][/quote]

Have you tried another browser to apply? Try different ones apart from the one you have been using. Not sure though but just try it.

Zany
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by babylove01: 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
zanyzara:

Have you tried another browser to apply? Try different ones apart from the one you have been using. Not sure though but just try it.

Zany

I have tried different browsers, cleared cache, deleted history, updated all browsers. I really don't know what to do anymore

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yenisola: 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Agricultural Scientist, VETASSESS
koleefem05:

Your assessment result will validate your years of experience. As it is, you cannot claim years of work experience until you have been assessed. To get more help from the fam, state your occupation to know the assessing body and their requirement.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
spyroxy1:

I have a question for those that have completed their Engineers Australia's assessment.

Please see what I saw in my profile/portal today. I paid in the early hours of today.

Am I supposed to resubmit this MSA

Please not the two different ID numbers.

I paid for CDR, Skill assessment and fast track
no u don't have to resubmit ur application, it's already paid and queued for assessment, u might not have known and have clicked skill level 1 assesment that is done for membership with EA

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yenisola:
Agricultural Scientist, VETASSESS
Send me a PM
Let's get clarity on your query
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
Bnimz:

Send pm for the cpd

Just sent you an email . Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kamal474:
no u don't have to resubmit ur application, it's already paid and queued for assessment, u might not have known and have clicked skill level 1 assesment that is done for membership with EA

You are very Correct bro....I did click the stage 1..

THANKS
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
Bnimz:

Send pm for the cpd
Daddy Bnimz, please that Pet Engineer, is he to be assessed by EA or which group.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephgirl: 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
bellong:

Thanks alot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DatechMan(m): 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
spyroxy1:
Yes I just did mine today..

What about you?

Wishing you success bro.

I'm booked for IELTS on the 29th. Will start assessment afterwards.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephgirl: 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
Please Is there additional point for masters degree?
Masters degree was in d UK
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
Thanks bellong my bad!

I didn't know Unilorin Accounting is also a victim.

@wisemen045, as it is, you have to choose between ICAA and CPA when you are ready.

bellong:

@wisemen045,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.