Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204824 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nanlop55:
Good day Family,
Just woke up this morning to a NEGATIVE assessment from vetasses.
Thank you all for your contributions.
The hustle just got real any suggestions would be appreciated. grin grin grin
cc:bellong,jukeblam,et all

Geez,

I thought your Architecture was 6yrs as it is done in Ife. You graduate with MSc. It is what majority of Architecture students in Ife do.

The major issue is the degree. Do you have any other qualification?

@Junnaid,

Segun already answered.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
chuglothen:
Hello house, I am the primary applicant. The dependants are my hubby and a kid. Must my hubby show priif of English? I am not submitting any certificate for him?
If yes, is there anyway ouy except English test

Yes, He must...IELTS or PTE-A. Don't bother trying to use language of instruction, you will be wasting your precious time.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
Junnaid:

I do not intend using my PGD, but I need to be sure if they will accept HND in urban and regional planning? If it's accepted for 10 points as suggested by someone

You might want to include your PGD with your HND in your assessment submission. Even at this, it's a risk as we are not sure of what VETASSESS would equate your PGD as but to not include it would definitely be a negative outcome for a Skill level 1 occupation as yours.

I recall you had your PGD studies for two years. What school did you obtain it from?
@ Lawland: Please do you think you might have any information for us in this case
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
Michaelamo:

you will be wasting your precious time.

Why do you say so bro? Any personal experience in this regards or do you have someone whose letter of English as a language of instruction was turned down?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
lekinsbaba:
Please do I need to include my ND cert for EA assessment coz my transcript shows 4 academic year(as Direct Entry candidate) instead of 5. The first year was watermark 'Direct Entry'

Definitely yes, you will upload both your ND transcript and your Bachelor degree transcript. According to EA, your ND is known as RPL ( Recognition of prior learning) because you obtained that prior to obtaining your degree, hence it counts as well.

Here is a statement from the MSA booklet and I quote:

Recognition of Prior Learning RPL

If you received credit/recognition of prior learning (RPL) for prior studies towards your qualification, you will also need to upload your original academic documents from the tertiary institution where those subjects where originally completed.

What I don't know is whether if one can claim separate points for RPL.

Hope this solve your question.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I want to know if separate points can be claimed for Recognition of prior learning. How feasible can this be?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Amicable24: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Mcslize:

Definitely yes, you will upload both your ND transcript and your Bachelor degree transcript. According to EA, your ND is known as RPL ( Recognition of prior learning) because you obtained that prior to obtaining your degree, hence it counts as well.

Here is a statement from the MSA booklet and I quote:

Recognition of Prior Learning RPL

If you received credit/recognition of prior learning (RPL) for prior studies towards your qualification, you will also need to upload your original academic documents from the tertiary institution where those subjects where originally completed.

What I don't know is whether if one can claim separate points for RPL.

Hope this solve your question.

Any point for an OND holder without any higher qualification?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by everG: 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
SegunWamiri:

BTW, jimcollins recently got positive assessment for CSM. I am also getting prepared for assessment, spouse being PA

i will like to meet you for much guidance, plz do u leave in lagos? my email victa4@yahoo.com
i want to forward u my JD for u for assessment b4 i push to VETASSESS
sent u a PM
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
@amilak and @MDEZIE, I saw your PMs but replying is an issue. Mailer Deamon palaver. undecided
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
Mcslize:
Hello everyone, I want to know if separate points can be claimed for Recognition of prior learning. How feasible can this be?

Assuming you have two degrees, you can claim points for the highest only.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
Good day all I'm an animal scientist who wishes to start his assesment with vetasse; the only experience I have is the nysc experience in a livestock farm. I was paid cash at hand by the fame and bank by nysc; I would love to ask if my application can fly. Thanks for your responses
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
everG:

i will like to meet you for much guidance, plz do u leave in lagos? my email victa4@yahoo.com
i want to forward u my JD for u for assessment b4 i push to VETASSESS
sent u a PM

No worries. You can send the JD as soon as I reply your PM.

I live in Abeokuta though
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by everG: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
SegunWamiri:

No worries. You can send the JD as soon as I reply your PM.

I live in Abeokuta though

please check now i sent the mail already and further contact is there too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lalaazo: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
May next week bring good news and success stories to us all.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rinzylee(m): 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
tehan:
k hp am safe.lol

oh sure you are very safe. needed to get more info. I just sent you an email, please just reply so your email can become visible to me. thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Junnaid: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
SegunWamiri:

You might want to include your PGD with your HND in your assessment submission. Even at this, it's a risk as we are not sure of what VETASSESS would equate your PGD as but to not include it would definitely be a negative outcome for a Skill level 1 occupation as yours.

I recall you had your PGD studies for two years. What school did you obtain it from?
@ Lawland: Please do you think you might have any information for us in this case

I did it at Yabatech. It's 2yrs. I doubt if PGD will be recognized for skill level one.
But there is this thing i read on Vetassess site saying u need a 4yrs or 5yrs academic studies depending on the course for skill level one. And I observed that Urban and regional planning is 4yrs in Australia.
So what's the way forward?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by icon2: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
Another change for 189..it's well

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
Amicable24:

Any point for an OND holder without any higher qualification?
That's what I do not know.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
Junnaid:

But there is this thing i read on Vetassess site saying u need a 4yrs or 5yrs academic studies depending on the course for skill level one. And I observed that Urban and regional planning is 4yrs in Australia.
So what's the way forward?

Yes, 4 years if one is fortunate to have studied in a school that Australia classifies as a section 1 institution. If section 2 on the other hand, the course must have been studied for 5 years. Federal schools in Nigeria are under category 1 while state, polytechnics and private institutions are under section 2.

I'm afraid from the look of things, I'll suggest that you look into a related occupation but it's at Skill level 2 or 3. Otherwise, Canada might have something for you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugsams(m): 5:25am On Aug 19, 2017
Alphadoor:

All concerns are noted with sustainability being the bane of concern here.

Yes, a lot of people have come and gone.
bellong's dedication is on a wavy level, I salute you boss.

I also strongly agree that the thread must remain, who knows if the site will work out as intended as but as a community we can make it work. Surely it will take a while before the site gains traction.

I know how people can react to change but change is a constant thing.

@bnimz @bellong @catchdwind4rmkd @azy123 @mamajaz @nnbb2012 @michaelamo @uchenna2012 @ozymigrant @teewhysafe.

@everyone

I need your support as a to drive this alternative

I will like to go ahead and work with people who are interested in setting up the modalities.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the site name :

I think this is a good development. About the concerns that most of the pioneers raised, I believe that even if it's not sustainable or active it can at least be an archive of all the important information from the thread which will be properly segregated. It can also serve as a back up in case a similar event like the one that happened years ago on Nairaland repeats it self and our data gets lost we can have some where to fall back on.

However, I don't think that the new site can be a replacement for this thread as both will have their own uniqueness.

I will suggest names like
naijaoz dot com
Nigeriatoaustralia dot com
au4naija dot com
naijamigrant dot com
skilledmigrationNG dot com
NaijatoAU dot com

I will also suggest we get a diary section on the site and/or a youtube channel to give some insight on life in Australia from different contributors. These are some of the things we lack in this thread as most of it's content if not all has been texts with little or no graphics. So many times I desire to see Nigerian Vloggers in Australia just like you will see many in America giving insight on some of their activities.

The only Australia based channel which I deemed fit to follow on youtube was that of a Filipino guy you can check out his channel on youtube with the name "Abroadero". I will like to get some recommendations of similar channels.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 7:03am On Aug 19, 2017
Azy123:

Bros this english too much na. If this is the level of english I have to know before I can get 20 points in PTE. Then only God can help me grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 7:10am On Aug 19, 2017
jamson:

chaii...na project you give me soo undecided undecided Someone did a similar breakdown pages back, so do a little browsing

Lemme try

IELTS-NGN68k (PTE 52k)
Assessment: EA-A$1020, ACS-A$500, Vetassess: A$810 (please revalidate this on your own)
ITA- A$3600(Principal applicant) + A$1800(partner or any other dependent above 18 years of age)+ A$900 (for each dependent below 18 years of age)
Medicals circa NGN45k per applicant (IOM Clinic recommended) + yellow card (NGN1k)
Police Check @ Alagbon circa NGN5k per head (depends on your negotiating power grin grin)
Miscellaneous (includes logistics: transport+gala, lacasera etc) depends on you

Aw you're such an angel. wink

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bamz(m): 7:17am On Aug 19, 2017
Hello catchdwind4rmkd,

Please permit me to send you an email. I need tutelage on PTE speaking.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:42am On Aug 19, 2017
ugsams:

naijaoz dot com
au4naija dot com
naijamigrant dot com
NaijatoAU dot com
NaijaOz is OK

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 8:18am On Aug 19, 2017
Thanks Lodged 11/7/2017
Sent them a mail 14/8/2017 requesting they acknowledge the receipt of my transcript and 18th assessment completed
koleefem05:

Awwww!!!
So sorry about that bro.
I'm sure you'll get good suggestions on re-assessment here. It's an opportunity to repackage and blast them. How long did your assessment take BTW?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2017
ugsams:

I think this is a good development. About the concerns that most of the pioneers raised, I believe that even if it's not sustainable or active it can at least be an archive of all the important information from the thread which will be properly segregated. It can also serve as a back up in case a similar event like the one that happened years ago on Nairaland repeats it self and our data gets lost we can have some where to fall back on.

However, I don't think that the new site can be a replacement for this thread as both will have their own uniqueness.

naijaoz dot com
au4naija dot com
naijamigrant dot com
NaijatoAU dot com

I will also suggest we get a diary section on the site and/or a youtube channel to give some insight on life in Australia from different contributors. These are some of the things we lack in this thread as most of it's content if not all has been texts with little or no graphics. So many times I desire to see Nigerian Vloggers in Australia just like you will see many in America giving insight on some of their activities.

The only Australia based channel which I deemed fit to follow on youtube was that of a Filipino guy you can check out his channel on youtube with the name "Abroadero". I will like to get some recommendations of similar channels.

Excellent. I love your insights.

You have said it well.

Highlighted are some of my choices also.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2017
thanks
Alphadoor:

Sorry about the -ve assessment, from my personal experience, it's not the end, you just have to digest the result and know how to repackage.
All the best going forward
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2017
Thanks
lalaazo:
@Nanlop55, sorry about the result, however its not over yet, rebrand and repackage.
I'm sure that we have gurus here to tend to your case.
Don't give up the dream; get back on your feet and strategize.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2017
My Msc is not Archi directly did it in Urban design so i decided to be silent about it since i have not even collected the certificate
jayooh:

I think the problem was basically with your degree, so they just negated every other thing. Seems your school are one of those that they don't assess as equal to Australia. Did u complete the MSc level of achitecture or u did only 4yrs? Cos your MSc woulda made the total study year 6
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 8:31am On Aug 19, 2017
bellong:

Geez,

I thought your Architecture was 6yrs as it is done in Ife. You graduate with MSc. It is what majority of Architecture students in Ife do.

The major issue is the degree. Do you have any other qualification?
My Msc is not Archi directly did it in Urban design so i decided to be silent about it since i have not even collected the certificate any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bankole1790: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2017
Good morning how
I hope you guys are making the required progress on your applications and I pray you will all hear good news in Jesus Name.
Please I need someone who has made the 20points thing in the ielts/pte to give me tips on how I can make the same point too.And to also tell me the easiest English test available.Where I can make the points,Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 19, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.