Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207212 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:24am On Sep 30, 2017
Fheelz5:
Good day all. i hold a B.Engr degree in electrical engineering and i completed my NYSC in 2016. I was put on to the permanent residency visa application by a friend and i have been given a lot of information to read through, which i have done.

So my question now is, after knowing how the points are awarded and if one's profession is on the list of professions needed for migrants what is the first thing to do?
English test, IELTS for now, but fro. November, your assessing authority which is engineering Australia (EA) will start accepting PTE. So after your minimum of band 6 in IELTS, you'll proceed to assessment with a well packaged Competency Demonstration Report ( CDR).
Others will coman advice you,, meanwhile, engineer mamajaz has spoken. Shalom.
I ask this question because i just want to start the process
Thanks as i await a response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adesunloye11(m): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2017
adesunloye11:
Good morning family I urgently need sample of job reference letter kindly send it to my email address thankz . adesunloye11@gmail.com

Pls help someone out here am still yet to get a sample. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2017
[quote author=adesunloye11 post=60968611][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by irotoms: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2017
Hi any body living in Sydney?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
Fheelz5:
Good day all. i hold a B.Engr degree in electrical engineering and i completed my NYSC in 2016. I was put on to the permanent residency visa application by a friend and i have been given a lot of information to read through, which i have done.

So my question now is, after knowing how the points are awarded and if one's profession is on the list of professions needed for migrants what is the first thing to do?

I ask this question because i just want to staurt the process
Thanks as i await a response.

Assesment with EA... go to page 0 for more deatils
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MofePR: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
Congratulations Disectur!

Mamajaz I sight you. Esi ayo lagbo lato do APHRA o!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
MofePR:
Congratulations Disectur!

Mamajaz I sight you. Esi ayo lagbo lato do APHRA o!
Amen bro. How's my sister from another mother?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
irotoms:
Hi any body living in Sydney?

yeah over two million human being lives there. any problem

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
My folks have never wanted their kids to migrate. Although through migration i have two siblings as citizens of US and UK. Now its my turn to strengthen the chain. So the choice is fully mine.
Omooloriredade:

Congratulations Bros.. I hope your folks know that if they can't come to Australia to visit you, na for Heaven be that. You are shaking Nigerian dust off your feet at the airport. cheesy

May your dreams come true
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by horlakay(m): 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
Thanks guy for giving back to us in your own way..the information in.this thread has gone a long way to help ones destiny.

I grad from futa 2015. In metallurgical and material engineering department. Am trying to cross to chemical engineering, though no.work experience. I have been jobless after service ended April.
I.want to.escape this country by all means highest next year by God's grace.
I have gained a lot.from dis forum reading, and observing before acting. I have a question sirs and ma's oga Bellong. Can I just apply has a pig farmer just to get d visa. After which I will switch occupation either by studying more enengineering skills under tafe, because to be sincere with u I am.a theoretical engineer, no adequate practical knowledge of even my major. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
WinningSun:

yeah over two million human being lives there. any problem

Lol!

Classic.

You no nice at all.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

3 years

Thank you for the response...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2017
Yahwehgbemi:
@ bellong

I have a B.Sc(2006) and M.Eng(2013) in Electrical Engineering and 8 years teaching experience. Also the learning of professional electrical engineering practice has been since 2007

I also wish to ask what is the validity of a positive assessment i.e. how long is it valid just like IELTS that is valid for only 2 years
Yahwehgbemi:
Good day to everyone on this platform. Within few days I was introduced and have been reading on this platform, I have been loaded with a lot of information I couldn't have got from any agent. Thanks all.

I wish to ask a question - I lecture Electrical-related courses in a polytechnic (with a BSc and Masters) and also learn professional Electrical engineering from someone I can refer to as my Big Bros even though there is no concrete agreement of employment between us. This Bros gets electrical contracts and I assist him in executing some of them whenever I am chanced and by this I have developed practical skills and gotten some irregular stipends. I have been with him since 2007.

I wish to apply for Australian PR and in choosing an occupation, I discovered there is no Polytechnic lecturer/tutor on the MLTSSL but there is University lecturer/tutor. I found out I have far far better chances as Electrical Engineer and I wish to submit as Electrical Engineer to EA. Please, what do you advise me to do?

I can always talk to this Bros to offer me employment letter on Part-time basis covering about 10 years I have been with him. Can I include the polytechnic practical experience involving electrical projects too? This means I will be working in two places simultaneously - one part-time and the other full-time. Is this acceptable?

Thank you all as I await your responses.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joslight(f): 10:27pm On Sep 30, 2017
[quote author=Yahwehgbemi post=60987460][/quote]
I am a university lecturer and a medical doctor. I suggest you go the engineering route because university lecturer is eligible for employer sponsored route only and tutor has been removed from all list.
personally assessed as a medical laboratory scientist was assessed as a technician and am waiting for AIMS exam in march to be eligible for 189 as a scientist. That's my understanding. all the best engineers can chip in.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dbobs: 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hi @Alphador,Congrats on the added point.please were you asked to get transcript again from School during assessment with ACS after submitting required docs?
Alphadoor:
So guys am aiming for Partner Points ...

Partner ENGLISH BOOKED...
Partner Assessment in progress... ACS cool

Fingers crossed.
Has anyone done this? Pls share your insights
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rinzylee(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
joslight:

I am a university lecturer and a medical doctor. I suggest you go the engineering route because university lecturer is eligible for employer sponsored route only and tutor has been removed from all list.
personally assessed as a medical laboratory scientist was assessed as a technician and am waiting for AIMS exam in march to be eligible for 189 as a scientist. That's my understanding. all the best engineers can chip in.

Good evening Joy ..... Your reply got my attention. You filed an a Med lab Technician... cool... my friend got 190 as a Phlebotomist being a medical Doctor . well it's off the list now. Now regarding your Licensing exam....where is it holding cos am thinking of writing for APC too (am a physio but am filing as a massage therapist) ? can I PM you?? thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:16am On Oct 01, 2017
dbobs:
Hi @Alphador,Congrats on the added point.please were you asked to get transcript again from School during assessment with ACS after submitting required docs?
Did you submit transcript with the required docs in the first place.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:29am On Oct 01, 2017
@horlakay,

You don't need to assess as a pig farmer because you will likely get a negative assessment.

Materials engineering is on the MLTSSL. You can use your final year thesis, IT or anything you have done to write the CDR. For engineers, experience is not a must, it is only an added advantage if you have up to 3yrs at least.

@Yahwehgbemi,

I believe while lecturing, you carry out project with students? Those should be practical engineering experience. If you want to use your uncle's place too, it is not a bad idea. The important thing is writing a convincing CDR.

Ifexsco may be able to help you out. He is an engineer and was also a university lecturer.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by babylove01: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2017
Ban yaff chop our Oga again o. #bringogabellongback
Oga justwise
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Musharraf: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2017
Tuteso:
Great day all!!!

Please keep sharing the success stories, that inspiration is highly needed to get me going.

IELTS booked for 28th, nothing short of 8 all round In sha Allah.

Hi bro,
please kindly send me a message through my mail sulaymanmusharaf@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yoshearer(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2017
malkinburg:
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.
Hello bro. I also studied Environmental Engineering up to masters.can I get to send you a message so we talk?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joslight(f): 7:20am On Oct 01, 2017
@Rinzylee The AIMS is held in Jo'Burg not sure ababout APC exam though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2017
Annbabie:
246k or so .Gtbank

please i need to make payment to same Vetassess this week but don't know how you went about your own.

i intend using same GTB, though my payment is for "change of Occupation".

please your reply will go a long way in my life at this point cheesy (BEING SERIOUS)

I've just sent you a request or better still, you can flash or send me a text using the number on my signature.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joslight(f): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2017
@Rinzylee you can pm me .I would like to learn more about your Doctor friend.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:51am On Oct 01, 2017
Rooneyboy:

please i need to make payment to same Vetassess this week but don't know how you went about your own.

i intend using same GTB, though my payment is for "change of Occupation".

please your reply will go a long way in my life at this point cheesy (BEING SERIOUS)

I've just sent you a request or better still, you can flash or send me a text using the number on my signature.

this is a DIY situation. Just credit your GTB account with the required amount in naira and you are good to go. The Limit is $1,000/N368,000/AU$1277 per month.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dbobs: 8:02am On Oct 01, 2017
Yea i did
Alphadoor:

Did you submit transcript with the required docs in the first place.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2017
dbobs:
Yea i did

was it certified true copy? does it meet the ACS requirement? if yes. i will advise your email same to the assessor . If you don't mind me asking, which uni and is it a stamped transcript by the school.

Statement of Academic Record
Statements of academic record or transcript need to show the names of all the subjects studied and marks or grades received. Result slips or web results are not acceptable. Please include a Legend or Key explaining the grading system to help clarify information if required.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2017
babylove01:
Ban yaff chop our Oga again o. #bringogabellongback
Oga justwise

I didn't noticed I was banned.. it is the antispam bot. Justwise has resolved it.

Thanks.

@Joslight,

Happy birthday.. May the new age prosper you and set you on the path of fulfillment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2017
rinzylee:
my friend got 190 as a Phlebotomist being a medical Doctor . well it's off the list now.

Are you PRinz of NCFUNEC?? cool
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yoshearer(m): 9:38am On Oct 01, 2017
Ifexsco:
My people....being a while! The journey so far.... I and my family landed Sydney 29th December 2016. I bin know as my pocket be, so I sharply go do construction white card and began doing labourer work�. On the other hand I started very enthusiastically with professional job search, applying for all available petroleum engineering jobs and other allied positions....Brethren one month became 2 and 2 became 3.....the responses were all negative! "We thank you for taking out time to apply....unfortunately you have been unsuccessful at this time....blah blah bla.....however we will keep your details on our database blah blah bla". I got so discouraged, stopped applying, and went deep into the labourer work as man had to survive. I started thinking of doing my Phd and made some applications. Along the line I applied for a role in a car modification company amd that was the first and only semi-professional interview i was invited for. Went and was told I didn't have the needed experience but they were willing to trying me out in the workshop and see where they could fit me. I was of the mind that this might be God and may be my opportunity. I informed my construction agency that I am quitting. Went to the workshop and hadn't even finished the first day of work when I was told I dont have basic knowledge of tools...the company doesn't have the resources to train from scratch and that my services are no longer required. I sharperly called my construction agency people and I was accepted back to the fold and advised to quit dreaming����. This continued till May when through my good friend and by "packaging", I landed a causual position as a computer technician....I have not done anything similar before....but as it turned out, its not rocket science and if you put your heart to it, you will get it.....I actually got good in it at least the hardware part.....it was good will it lasted....break from back breaking construction work, money for travel, hotel lodging, hire car etc....but then the end came and in order to be kept within the fold, I was sent to go and do desktop support....again I had no idea of what it involved. But God gave me a wonderful Indian superior, Senthil who taught me from scratch and most importantly covered my ass.... But then no be because of causual job I come Australia....Admission to PhD program arrived and I left and went and did cert III in preparation so I can do it by the side and be earning.

So I took a difficult decision and moved from Sydney to Perth to start my PhD at Curtin University. Person bin don dey set root for ground for Sydney small small....its going on fine, keeps getting better.... I can see better days ahead....I can feel it within my bones!

Hope this encourages someone....it may not be easy but keep at it....it only gets better.

Dear bro,
I am also a lecturer and would be having my PhD soon. What do you advise me to do. I really want to migrate. I sent you a pm
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vickyuche(f): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2017
Greetings to the ogas and everyone.
I'm new to this thread. I'm planning to register for ielts but it's unclear which test type (ie General or Academic) to register for. Since it wasn't specified in the requirements, does it mean that one can go for any ielts test type of choice. Those who have passed through this process before, your answers will be highly appreciated
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2017
is it also possible with Masters and Phd,after getting 10points from the initial assessment from TRA.
lawland:
Ok.. 4 of my mates did Advanced diploma in Electrical Engineering here, they assessed their diploma qualification for electrical engineering draftsperson with EA and never mentioned their degrees. They got positive outcome and nothing about their degree was mentioned in the outcome letter. When filling the EOI, they entered their degree as their highest qualification and got 15 points for it. Specifics: one studied a 4 years course in Unilag, the other 2 studied a 5 yrs course from FUTO and one is french and studied in France. They all got their visa granted and no questions about qualification asked. I hope this answers all your questions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.