Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206127 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Wiseoldman: 10:02am On Oct 07, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Hi,

the minimum cut off all occupations is 60.

However, the current point for invitation for your occupation is 65 at the moment which still requires a long wait.

You can apply for 190 though which would increase your point to 65.

Please,

How do I check the minimum points online...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 10:40am On Oct 07, 2017
kamotisha:

@bornlegend send me a pm. I might be of help....thats if you haven't gotten it sorted out.
Will do. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
@Alphador

Wiseoldman:

Please,

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by authenticdmj(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joslight(f): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
authenticdmj:

after you pass exam you are an mls eligible for 189 and 190 for nsw. before exam you are eligible for nt & sa( if you have high points.)Check the aims website and dibp for more info.try and read about the first 10 pages of the thread. you could be eligible for tas as well check requirements.
the gurus should help too jelmusboy, Oknee, ademoade, jaybwoi consult these people they will help you they have helped me a lot .
all the best.

@joshlight thanks a lot man! i am about to do the skills assessment. what exam do you by march 2018. ehat do you mean flagged occupation (link pls). thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
What I don't get is at what point do you need to pay the 3670? Cos I saw on Thier site that EOI is free.
Is it that after you have been accessed and then when they want to give you the visa you then pay the 3670 or you have to pay immediately?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
stepo707:
What I don't get is at what point do you need to pay the 3670? Cos I saw on Thier site that EOI is free.
Is it that after you have been accessed and then when they want to give you the visa you then pay the 3670 or you have to pay immediately?
To apply visa
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

To apply visa
So no payment till I am been invited to pay for visa?

Won't the assessing authority charge me money for going through my application?
I read IT
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Countwin: 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=Countwin post=61184882]@bellong and all,please can i use my diploma statement of result in place of the transcript/certificate.I did a diploma program(Uni) and direct entry into the same school but my dept said they do not issue diploma transcript while the school said they no longer give diploma certificate cos they've stopped running diploma programs.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2017
Wiseoldman:

Please,

kindly use
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hDMwZx2ba47Fe-pwKOgzNOYKbjSmqLOXAbsDvCEfWyY/htmlview#
or
http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/20-september-2017-round-results.aspx

if your occupation is not listed in the picture attached, that means 65 is the current minimum point for such occupation and they are called non pro rata

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
Alphadoor:

kindly use
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hDMwZx2ba47Fe-pwKOgzNOYKbjSmqLOXAbsDvCEfWyY/htmlview#
or
http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/20-september-2017-round-results.aspx

if your occupation is not listed in the picture attached, that means 65 is the current minimum point for such occupation and they are called non pro rata
My occupation is computer network professional and am seeing 65.please what does that mean? If I have up to 60 points can't I still do the EOI?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2017
stepo707:

My occupation is computer network professional and am seeing 65.please what does that mean? If I have up to 60 points can't I still do the EOI?

You yes can apply for EOI with 60pts ,
however 60pts is currently not gonna hack it for 2631 visa 189... however you can opt for visa 190 or visa 489.

This is how EOI and points work...

We get asked this question quite a lot here at Getting Down Under and to be honest, it’s a pretty difficult question to answer because there are so many dependencies to being successful.

Sure, you have a confirmed occupation in demand, you have reached the points threshold and English language requirement, however, there is something that’s really difficult to take account for, and that’s the other applicants.

You see, once you have registered an Expression Of Interest with SkillSelect, you are automatically ranked against the other Australian visa applicants who have also applied.

Your ranking is based on the information you provide within your EOI. EOIs are ranked using points achieved on the skilled migration points test. A prescribed pass mark will be set as the minimum points score required for each visa category.

Where you have the same number of points as another applicant, then this equally scoring EOIs will be separated by the time of submission with earlier submission dates ranking more highly.

Now let’s look at a few scenarios to see how this would work in practice.

Australian EOI Scenario 1

So in the above scenario, you have qualified for an Australian skilled Visa with 65 points. You have been added to the SkillSelect queue for your occupation.

As you have qualified with more than the minimum number of points for this occupation (in this example the minimum is 60 points), you will receive an application before those applicants who have qualified with only 60 points.

The small number of applicants who have qualified with more than 65 points or those who have the same number of points as you but registered their EOI before you will be invited first.

EOI Scenario 2

In this second scenario, with 65 points you have joined your fellow applicants at the front of the SkillSelect queue.

Even though these applicants registered with SkillSelect months before you did. As your points score is higher. You will be invited to apply for a skilled visa first

Australian EOI Process – Scenario 3

In this final scenario, you’ve completed your EOI and feel pretty good about yourself. Despite only needing 60 points to qualify for your application, you’ve managed to score 65 points.

What you don’t know, however, is there is a large number of applicants who have been waiting for an invitation with even more points.

In this instance, even though you have qualified with a high points score. The fact that there are applicants with even more points means that you will not receive an invitation until these applicants receive an invitation first.

Other Considerations

After submitting your EOI, you can view your point score; however, because your ranking is continuously changing as new EOI’s are submitted and invitations issued, you will not see your ranking.

Your EOI will stay in SkillSelect for a maximum of two years. At any time during the validity of your EOI, you can update your details to reflect any additional qualifications or experience you might have obtained. This might increase your likelihood of being invited or an employer contacting you.

After each invitation round for the independent and skilled regional (provisional) sponsored visas, the Australian government published via the SkillSelect website, the lowest points test mark for which an EOI received an invitation.

This will give you an indication of your potential for receiving an invitation in future rounds.

Source:
https://gettingdownunder.com/chances-getting-australian-visa/

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
authenticdmj:

@joshlight thanks a lot man! i am about to do the skills assessment. what exam do you by march 2018. ehat do you mean flagged occupation (link pls). thanks
To be classified as a medical laboratory scientist, you need to write AIMS professional exam. The first step is assessment. Information on AIMS assessment is on their website.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oreayo2011: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=61052161]

No, it will not cause any issue with DIBP. Do you have 20 point in English?

@bellong @disectur @other accountants

Just to be sure. Do I need to withdraw the EOI on skill select if i want to submit another application using a different skill. I have submitted EOI as an accountant for visas 189 and 190. To increase my chances, I want to assess as a finance manager and submit another EOI for visa 190. Do i have to withdraw the EOI for accountant.

Anyone in this situation?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joslight(f): 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=oreayo2011 post=61208223][/quote]
no you don't need to withdraw. just go ahead with a new skill assessment when you get a positive skill assessment file a new eoi. if you get an ita and you are ready to apply for visa. withdraw all the other eoi.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
stepo707:

So no payment till I am been invited to pay for visa?

Won't the assessing authority charge me money for going through my application?
I read IT
Bros, visit page 0 and start reading from there. You pay for your assessment and other exams you have to write, visa application, police clearance, medicals etc.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joslight(f): 12:01am On Oct 08, 2017
there are several situations that call for multiple eoi
1.if you have multiple skills assessment
2. if you want to apply to several states for 190/489 and the states require you chose only them
if you want to do eoi for 189/190/489 simultaneously
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:31am On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=oreayo2011 post=61208223][/quote]

Open another email address and use it for a new EOI
Keep the accountant EOI.

Once you get invitation for anyone, close the other.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 7:05am On Oct 08, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Bros, visit page 0 and start reading from there. You pay for your assessment and other exams you have to write, visa application, police clearance, medicals etc.
Thanks bro.just that some people said some things have changed a bit between last year and this year so I wanted to be current
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 7:12am On Oct 08, 2017
Alphadoor:

You yes can apply for EOI with 60pts ,
however 60pts is currently not gonna hack it for 2631 visa 189... however you can opt for visa 190 or visa 489.

This is how EOI and points work...

We get asked this question quite a lot here at Getting Down Under and to be honest, it’s a pretty difficult question to answer because there are so many dependencies to being successful.

Sure, you have a confirmed occupation in demand, you have reached the points threshold and English language requirement, however, there is something that’s really difficult to take account for, and that’s the other applicants.

You see, once you have registered an Expression Of Interest with SkillSelect, you are automatically ranked against the other Australian visa applicants who have also applied.

Your ranking is based on the information you provide within your EOI. EOIs are ranked using points achieved on the skilled migration points test. A prescribed pass mark will be set as the minimum points score required for each visa category.

Where you have the same number of points as another applicant, then this equally scoring EOIs will be separated by the time of submission with earlier submission dates ranking more highly.

Now let’s look at a few scenarios to see how this would work in practice.

Australian EOI Scenario 1

So in the above scenario, you have qualified for an Australian skilled Visa with 65 points. You have been added to the SkillSelect queue for your occupation.

As you have qualified with more than the minimum number of points for this occupation (in this example the minimum is 60 points), you will receive an application before those applicants who have qualified with only 60 points.

The small number of applicants who have qualified with more than 65 points or those who have the same number of points as you but registered their EOI before you will be invited first.

EOI Scenario 2

In this second scenario, with 65 points you have joined your fellow applicants at the front of the SkillSelect queue.

Even though these applicants registered with SkillSelect months before you did. As your points score is higher. You will be invited to apply for a skilled visa first

Australian EOI Process – Scenario 3

In this final scenario, you’ve completed your EOI and feel pretty good about yourself. Despite only needing 60 points to qualify for your application, you’ve managed to score 65 points.

What you don’t know, however, is there is a large number of applicants who have been waiting for an invitation with even more points.

In this instance, even though you have qualified with a high points score. The fact that there are applicants with even more points means that you will not receive an invitation until these applicants receive an invitation first.

Other Considerations

After submitting your EOI, you can view your point score; however, because your ranking is continuously changing as new EOI’s are submitted and invitations issued, you will not see your ranking.

Your EOI will stay in SkillSelect for a maximum of two years. At any time during the validity of your EOI, you can update your details to reflect any additional qualifications or experience you might have obtained. This might increase your likelihood of being invited or an employer contacting you.

After each invitation round for the independent and skilled regional (provisional) sponsored visas, the Australian government published via the SkillSelect website, the lowest points test mark for which an EOI received an invitation.

This will give you an indication of your potential for receiving an invitation in future rounds.

Source:
https://gettingdownunder.com/chances-getting-australian-visa/
Thanks bro.now I understand this whole thing The 60 points was based on the face they I will have 10points in my ielts.i pray I can get a 20points but some factors we can't determine like score that u will be given at speaking test and also writing test.
So how do I go about been nominated for 190 or 489 in other to get more point?
Thanks and I really appreciate your feedback as I want to get this right without mistakes.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=Priceless25 post=60069663][/quote]
Accommodation in Brisbane?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aaffluent: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hi @catchdwind4rmkd

I want to clarify something concerning your # 2 cirteria. Engineering graduate of 2013 with experience as IT Sales Consultant (not claiming experience) is not eligible ?

catchdwind4rmkd:

To simplify what HSIM has said, and made add a little:

After getting the right IELTS SCORE (at least 6.0), you need to meet all the criteria summarised below,
1. You're younger than 31yrs old as at the time of application
2. You're a recent (within the last 2yrs) ENGINEERING graduate.
3. Your degree was obtained from a recognised university (Australian, Washington Accord, Sydney Accord). If you graduated from UK or Australian University, you're likely to meet this criterion.

To ensure you receive a grant;

1. You need to submit an online application to be considered. This is only certain once you've paid the application fee.
2. You need to upload all required documents, viz
* scanned copies of;
I. evidence of degree qualification (certificate and/or transcript)
II. Evidence of age (birth certificate or affidavit)
III. Valid Identification (Passport and/or Drivers Licence)
IV. Valid Travel document (Passport )
V. Recent passport photo (must meet the stated size or dimension 45H x 35W)
VI. Completed "FORM 80" (This is a duplicate of the online form you've already filled. So, you must save or print out a copy of your online application and use same to fill your form 80 to avoid contradictions.
VII. Medical Clearance (You can only be able to upload your polio vaccination certificate. Your completed medical statement will be uploaded directly to your file by àny of the assigned panel physicians you choose to use. You can only do your medical clearance at selected medical centres which are listed on the application website. You're, however, required to complete an online self-medical assessment)
VIII. Evidence of Good Character (Police Character Certificate from all countries you've lived in for at least 12 months in the past 10yrs. This too can only be gotten from selected Police offices in the country)
IX. Evidence of English Competency (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE)
X. Proof of Address (bank statement, utility bills, etc)

You don't have to upload all these at the point of submission of application. You have time to do this after you've submitted your application, but the earlier the better.

A case officer will be assigned to you possibly within 2 months from the date of submission of your application. Your case officer may contact you about the status of or decision on your visa application if you've provided all the required evidence. He may also contact you to request for additional documents or evidence if you're yet to submit them.

If you meet all the requirements and have provided all the proofs, you'll definitely be granted the Visa. It takes between 1 to 6 months to know the outcome of your application. No proof of fund is required for this visa. I hope I have been able to help. Others can enlighten you more in areas that I've not been detailed enough.

Best wishes.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
Afternoon e-fam.
Any PTE coach or tutor in Umuahia?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stickaman04: 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
plsss between PTE n ielts which one is easier
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stickaman04: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
@bellong plz what is ur opinion...guys who have written this 2 plz help out..i dnt want waste time
stickaman04:
plsss between PTE n ielts which one is easier
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Yes boss and vetassess showed me pepper.

bellong:

@Toslad,

OOU is actually grouped as Tier 1 University.. cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
stickaman04:
@bellong plz what is ur opinion...guys who have written this 2 plz help out..i dnt want waste time
It all depends on individual. I've done both...I had better scores in PTE at first attempt than IELTS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
stickaman04:

My opinion doesn't count bro. I have not written PTE before, so I can't give you an unbiased opinion on this.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2017
Verabampe, you're finally here, good to know. Welcome on board sister.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2017
Verabampe, you're finally here, good to know. Welcome on board sister. Catchy baba, forever tuale for you bro.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2017
Hi,

I saw your connection request.
However, for some reasons unknown to me, I've been unable to successfully reply to requests as I keep getting the Failure Notification.

Please do not get yourself confused by mixing things up.

The comment you quoted was for a different visa subclass - 476 Skilled Graduate Temporary Visa.

And those criteria do not apply to any of the Permanent Residency visas which are being discussed here.

So, you need to be clear what visa you intend applying for.

Based on the profile you shared; a 2013 Engineering graduate is not eligible for the 476 visa subclass which is intended for recent (within 2years) Engineering graduates. However, there's the option of Permanent Residency visa which you're eligible for.

Try to be a bit clear with your inquiry, and you may get better response/advice from more experienced forumites.
You don't have to contact me directly. Everyone here is helpful and would be happy to respond to you.

Thanks.

aaffluent:
Hi @catchdwind4rmkd

I want to clarify something concerning your # 2 cirteria. Engineering graduate of 2013 with experience as IT Sales Consultant (not claiming experience) is not eligible ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.