Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1213834 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dave4eva: 10:10am On Oct 06, 2017
Please anyone that has the list of categorization on universities into TIERS and the basis should educate us more. For me, I graduated from UNILAG via OND direct entry. This implies that I did only 4 years in the school (Engineering), which is normally 5 years. Now I am worried if I have to pursue my OND transcripts and certificates during assessment so as not to fall short of the equivalence of AQF B.Sc (Hons). Please will just the transcript from UNILAG alone suffice for the AQF Bachelor degree?
jayooh:

From all I understand with this tiers I believe the bolded applies firmly. If you study for 5years in tier 2 u are good to go, but if it's 4 years no way.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2017
tkos:
I will also be willing to help.

Thanks man. Will PM you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2017
Mate,
peeps here would do better.
I didn't claim experience and ain't conversant with the requirements of the reference.
Thanks @tkos for offering to help.
There are also 2 chemical engineers here who I believe claimed experience, they will be able to review it better.

bornlegend:

Please, can I send you a PM to review employment reference (Chemical Engineering)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Amahjosh(m): 11:48am On Oct 06, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
It's nice to know that you've done your research.

It's possible to get your PR before the 18 months elapse by simply starting off your PR application using the guides on this thread even before you leave Nigeria. You'd be making a big mistake if your sole means of PR is the hope that an employer would sponsor you.

I and few others on the thread first moved to Australia on 476, and now we are already permanent residents while few are closing in on that.
For those I knew that started the PR process asap, it took 1yr maximum, with mine being the longest so far owing to my challenge in making band 8 in English. So, fear of getting your PR before the 18 months should be the least of your worries as that completely depends on you meeting the required skilled points; there are no external factors.

Please note that the 476 visa is for only Engineering graduates of recognised universities in the accord agreements; Nigerian universities don't fall under this category. So, if you've just completed your degree in a Nigerian university, you won't be eligible unless you know a way around that. However, if your university is an eligible university, then you can apply using the steps outlined on an earlier page of this thread following the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/21#46882995

If you do not qualify for 476, and are eager to move to Australia, then you should apply straightaway for the PR 189 or 190.
You qualify for those. All you need is a minimum of 60 skilled points from your education (possible 15), age (possible 30 if you're 25 - 31yo) and English (possible 20 for band 8 ). Please do NOT ask me how to apply for PR as that's what this thread is fully committed to do. Just read the first 3 pages and you'd find all you need.
seems i will go for 189 subclass Because i graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik...Thank you for the reply

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
Okay, if you have the soft copies of those books, I'd be glad if you can share it with me

joslight:
@ Jelmusboy I haven't, waiting for March next year. That's why I was asked Oknee for tips. Time is not on my side coz am 39 and I have to hack the first time.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Mate,
peeps here would do better.
I didn't claim experience and ain't conversant with the requirements of the reference.
Thanks @tkos for offering to help.
There are also 2 chemical engineers here who I believe claimed experience, they will be able to review it better.

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abby2443: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Please i need help with this as i still have one or two questions once i get clarification on this...
abby2443:
Hi guys,

I'm about to go for vetassess assessment as architectural draftsperson but these two attached pictures are getting me a little confused. The occupation is marked as not eligible under visa subclass 489 and yet sponsored by Tasmania in the state eligibility summary table. Help please!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hello house,

Please any ideas on how I can cargo some items (books, natural supplements etc) to Australia from Nigeria?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Benqozenero(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hi OP and other informed Nairalanders,

Please can someone with his money and a good online job relocate to Australia or Germany with his family without all these issues provided he is ready to pay what ever charges that might be required.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NGOZIGLORI(f): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rooneyboy:

Good afternoon house ...@ Rooneyboy pls I sent u a Pm...I want to pay Aud 1000 for TRA Assessment and I would like to know how u made ur own payment... Thanks

Yes boss and it was cheaper than I expected.

I used GTB atm and I was charged 176,000 naira.

I actually budgeted 220,000.

..... Thank u once again sir

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 1:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
Benqozenero:

Please can someone with his money and a good online job relocate to Australia or Germany with his family without all these issues provided he is ready to pay what ever charges that might be required.

This is epic!

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
samge:
Hello house,

Please any ideas on how I can cargo some items (books, natural supplements etc) to Australia from Nigeria?

Thanks
EMS DHL NIPOST
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
Benqozenero:

Do you have at least $500,000?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
Benqozenero:

What issues?
What charges?

Kindly Elaborate

#GMPC
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abby2443: 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
Sir Bellong abeg look into my request.
bellong:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
abby2443:
Please i need help with this as i still have one or two questions once i get clarification on this...

It is eligible for both 190 and 489.

The best place to confirm eligibility of occupations is DIBP website by navigating to the occupation lists especially the legislative instrument.

The list doesn't state Architectural Draftsperson is ineligible for 190 or 489.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
Benqozenero:

bellong:

shocked shocked N139,478,400
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abby2443: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
abby2443:
Hi guys,

I'm about to go for vetassess assessment as architectural draftsperson but these two attached pictures are getting me a little confused. The occupation is marked as not eligible under visa subclass 489 and yet sponsored by Tasmania in the state eligibility summary table. Help please!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
Alphadoor:

He doesn't want the stress of a skilled migration. The other option for him is business/entrepreneur visa and he must have at least $500k before a state can think of him. I think it has been increased sef.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abby2443: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thanks for your response. I do appreciate. Now the other questions are 1. Can I also use statement of service for employment evidence or must it be employment letter? 2. Must the transcript be sent to vetassess directly from school? Can't I get the one with me notarized and submit like that. 3. Architectural draftsperson is AQF diploma but I have masters, will my point for academics drop to 10 or still remains at 15. Sorry for many questions
bellong:

It is eligible for both 190 and 489.

The best place to confirm eligibility of occupations is DIBP website by navigating to the occupation lists especially the legislative instrument.

The list doesn't state Architectural Draftsperson is ineligible for 190 or 489.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
abby2443:
Thanks for your response. I do appreciate. Now the other questions are 1. Can I also use statement of service for employment evidence or must it be employment letter? 2. Must the transcript be sent to vetassess directly from school? Can't I get the one with me notarized and submit like that. 3. Architectural draftsperson is AQF diploma but I have masters, will my point for academics drop to 10 or still remains at 15. Sorry for many questions

1. On vetasses' website, they have list of documents required for employment evidence. I cannot advice you against their requirements.

2. Same answer as 1

3. If Vetasses assess your qualification to be equivalent to AQF Bachelor, you will get your 15 points irrespective of what the occupation requires.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Sherman1759: 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Yes, there is and you're on the right thread.
So, read through and post your questions for experts in your field to give you the best guide.

I've limited knowledge in the process; my knowledge is mostly limited to Engineering - Chemical and any other general information relating to Australia migration.

@mamjaz would be able to help you as she's also a nurse looking to move to Oz.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abby2443: 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thank you again Oga bellong.
bellong:

1. On vetasses' website, they have list of documents required for employment evidence. I cannot advice you against their requirements.

2. Same answer as 1

3. If Vetasses assess your qualification to be equivalent to AQF Bachelor, you will get your 15 points irrespective of what the occupation requires.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Mr.Bellong please can I use reference addressed to Australian Embassy for skill assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Benqozenero(m): 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
bellong:

He doesn't want the stress of a skilled migration. The other option for him is business/entrepreneur visa and he must have at least $500k before a state can think of him. I think it has been increased sef.

Thanks for your reply Bellong. But please can you specify what the $500k will cover?
Also, all the guys I see all the time relocating abroad with their families, do they all have up to $500k? please explain further. thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
Alphadoor:

Never say never oh, no be everybody be "ajepako" shocked
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dave4eva: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
Please anyone that has the list of categorization on universities into TIERS and the basis should educate us more. For me, I graduated from UNILAG via OND direct entry. This implies that I did only 4 years in the school (Engineering), which is normally 5 years. Now I am worried if I have to pursue my OND transcripts and certificates during assessment so as not to fall short of the equivalence of AQF B.Sc (Hons). Please will just the transcript from UNILAG alone suffice for the AQF Bachelor degree?
Tuteso:
Hope my head no go scatter for this Tier1 and Tier2 thing.

Can we just get the document?

@Alphadoor, can it be all 5 year courses in a Tier 2 university are equivalent to AQF Bachelor and the 4 year courses are not while in Tier 1, either 5 year or 4 year courses are AQF Bachelor.

I just tire... the ACCA or ICAN angle too hmmm.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
mamajaz:

Never say never oh, no be everybody be "ajepako" shocked

Noted tongue
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
Benqozenero:

Thanks for your reply Bellong. But please can you specify what the $500k will cover?
Also, all the guys I see all the time relocating abroad with their families, do they all have up to $500k? please explain further. thanks

This doesn't answer the question I asked...

If you cannot follow the steps in this thread, then the category of visa for you requires you have such money to be considered.

@Dave4eva,

You need to add your OND transcript.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
wapu:
Mr.Bellong please can I use reference addressed to Australian Embassy for skill assessment?

Yes. Alternatively, they should address it as to whom it may concern.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dave4eva: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
"bellong,
Thanks so much.
bellong:

This doesn't answer the question I asked...

If you cannot follow the steps in this thread, then the category of visa for you requires you have such money to be considered.

@Dave4eva,

You need to add your OND transcript.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
bellong:

Yes. Alternatively, they should address it as to whom it may concern.

Thanks Bellong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.