Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206250 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
stepo707:

Though am praying to have a favorable ielts score of 8 each so I can have 70 but Sud incase I have a 60pts, pls how do I go about the nomination thingy for 489.

Same as 190. Check the states sponsoring your occupation and check their requirements and how to apply. You have to apply to the state first.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Eladua:
So, finally it is my turn to testify, the Lord has done it. Like someone mentioned some days back, it will get to a time that one would just get tired of checking mails every morning expecting that grant and just concentrate on other things, I have been like that for some weeks now, only for me to check my mail on a Saturday morning and the grant catwalked in.

It all started last year November when I assessed my qualifications with ACS and they broke my heart with negative outcome based on the fact that my degree isn't equivalent to Aussie Bsc and I needed 4years experience to qualify. I gave up at that moment until when someone here opened my eyes to the possibility of going with TRA so I did and got a positive outcome, even though they were silent on the level of education I went ahead to claim the maximum point for a Bsc, this was my fear with DIBP, alas it came out well.

It's a 489 visa, and my advice for some especially the single ones, if 190 is taking time to get coz of your English test or something, just go with the 489 instead of continuous waiting, before you know it another policy will come up. My occupation was for 190 initially, the day i was to apply for state nomination was when they moved it to 489, so i decided to just go on with it.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me one way or the other and I pray for those still in process, it will land sooner than you think.

Pls anyone that has info on if IOM help with travel tickets for 489 applicants and the process should pls advice.
Congratulations Bro, 489 should definitely get migration assistance from IOM. See a screenshot from sometime ago for their contact

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
Eladua:

Same as 190. Check the states sponsoring your occupation and check their requirements and how to apply. You have to apply to the state first.
Ok thanks will check it out.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
Good day all, is it compulsory to upload birth certificates of siblings and parents who are not travelling with you when applying for visa (189,190 & 489)?
2. Is utility bill or house rent receipt compulsory too?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugsams(m): 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
disectur:

All it does is save you time. Lots of personal time. Don't underestimate how tiresome it can be to keep filling the same information over and over again at every stage of the visa application especially if you're on subclass 190 and aiming for a direct grant.

Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
mamajaz:
is it like this bro
Or: like this, " orunmila gbo adura", the new Ozbourne( Eladua) should come and clarify. I took a course in theology where we were told "Ela" is Orunmila=Jesus.

Lol
Ela=akiri şore
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
Eladua:
Anyone interested in buying PTE voucher should contact me @ femiadedoyin02@gmail.com.

Got my ITA the week I bought it, so if interested contact me ASAP.

How long ago did u get ur ITA, which region are u headed?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
Eladua:

so i checked and only qualify for one state.....Although they still said that the benchmark is 70points and then they can go to 65 points and then reduce to 60 depending on applicants.so my question is if i have 60pts on my own, does the state nomination gives me 10pts and then totalling 70points? Also whats the sequence, is it to do the assessment first with ACS or apply to the state nominating first then ACS?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2017
stepo707:

so i checked and only qualify for one state.....Although they still said that the benchmark is 70points and then they can go to 65 points and then reduce to 60 depending on applicants.so my question is if i have 60pts on my own, does the state nomination gives me 10pts and then totalling 70points? Also whats the sequence, is it to do the assessment first with ACS or apply to the state nominating first then ACS?

Thanks

You can't have 60points on your own if you haven't done assessment. You have to assess your qualifications and work experience first, state nomination is like the last thing you do. Pls read the first page of the thread well, you will understand the steps.

By the way, what occupation do you have in mind?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=Eladua post=62075510]So, finally it is my turn to testify, the Lord has done it. Like someone mentioned some days back, it will get to a time that one would

Congratulations, Eladua.

Your persistent paid off. You and your family shall prosper in the land.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
I just noticed that for the state nomination, you will need financial obligation of 25,000AUD.....Is this same for subclass 189 visa?

Also do they need bank statement verifing that you have the said amount?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
Eladua:

You can't have 60points on your own if you haven't done assessment. You have to assess your qualifications and work experience first, state nomination is like the last thing you do. Pls read the first page of the thread well, you will understand the steps.

By the way, what occupation do you have in mind?

Its computer network and system Engineer..

this is the breakdown of the 60points
I am 30yrs :30pts
4yrs work exp:5pts
ielts: 10pts
bachelors degree:15pts

Thats a total of 60points....

Pls correct me if a wrong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
stepo707:

Its computer network and system Engineer..

this is the breakdown of the 60points
I am 30yrs :30pts
4yrs work exp:5pts
ielts: 10pts
bachelors degree:15pts

Thats a total of 60points....

Pls correct me if a wrong

First thing you need to do is get accessed with ACS as you can't give urself points in education and work experience until ACS has assessed you for both..
The outcome of their assessment will determine your points for experience and degree.

So right now, you have 30 for age. 10 for English test (that's assuming you have written that).
Also, why don't you try to score higher in your English test?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by doctorfunmi: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
@bellong, chief I'm still waiting

Sir, I presently work as an administrative officer in one small establishment, the pay no worth it and the position not in anyway related to my academic background. More reason I need to leave this place ASAP. Please help out sir bellong.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:36am On Nov 06, 2017
Mcslize:

Mtn International Calling Bundles will be OK for you.

MTN International Calling Bundles are of three types;

International Calling Bundle 1 which gives you 20 International voice minutes for N300

International Calling Bundle 2 which gives you 40 International voice minutes for N500

International Calling Bundle 3 which gives you 150 International voice minutes for N1500

For International Calling Bundle 1; text IDB300 to 131 costs NGN300
For International Calling Bundle 2; text IDB500 to 131 costs NGN500
For International Calling Bundle 3; text IDB1500 to 131 costs NGN1500

Once you have sent the command of the International Calling Bundles that you want to buy, the system will then:

Deduct the applicable International Calling Bundles fee from your main account.

Credit your International Calling Bundles account with the total number of international minutes

Then send a successful purchase notification message

You will be able to check your International Calling bundle balance by dialing *559*7#
Hello, please I purchased this bundle but it's not letting me call Australia. Called MTN call centre severally but they were of no help. Have u used it before? it's actually calling the US, but Australia keep giving me the low/insufficient balance response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:39am On Nov 06, 2017
doctorfunmi:

Sir, I presently work as an administrative officer in one small establishment, the pay no worth it and the position not in anyway related to my academic background. More reason I need to leave this place ASAP. Please help out sir bellong.

You have actually not given any information for us to guide you.

What is your qualification?

Read the opening page and assess yourself against the requirements.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:41am On Nov 06, 2017
jayooh:

Hello, please I purchased this bundle but it's not letting me call Australia. Called MTN call centre severally but they were of no help. Have u used it before? it's actually calling the US, but Australia keep giving me the low/insufficient balance response.

The best time for you to call is now.

You can download rebtel on playstore, load $5-10 credit. It should be enough.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:46am On Nov 06, 2017
jayooh:

Lol
Ela=akiri şore
You dey there ni? Ela omo kan soso eledumare, Ela n kiri, Ela n soore, omo araye baa binu won pa Ela, won sin Ela, Ela jinde l'ojo meta, Ela goke re orun...
Haaa, you need to see enough oriki from the man that taught us. Those of us that were partially serious would have laughed ourselves into irresistible lacrimation state. It was an interesting course then.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:50am On Nov 06, 2017
doctorfunmi:

Sir, I presently work as an administrative officer in one small establishment, the pay no worth it and the position not in anyway related to my academic background. More reason I need to leave this place ASAP. Please help out sir bellong.
Somehow sha, it may be difficult for Bellong and others to help you out since most people here are just starting the mind reading and stargazing courses. You will thus go a long way to help "ME" by releasing adequate information about yourself, your academic qualification, age point, years of experience, areas of experience etc.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:53am On Nov 06, 2017
jayooh:

I do buy one from glo too, #100 calls for 9 minutes, #200 calls 19+ after subscribing to 777 etc.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:56am On Nov 06, 2017
[quote author=disectur post=62096120]
Bro, didn't you get mama's pm?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 4:36am On Nov 06, 2017
disectur:

I sent you a PM, pls
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 6:09am On Nov 06, 2017
trastar:

First thing you need to do is get accessed with ACS as you can't give urself points in education and work experience until ACS has assessed you for both..
The outcome of their assessment will determine your points for experience and degree.

So right now, you have 30 for age. 10 for English test (that's assuming you have written that).
Also, why don't you try to score higher in your English test?
Hmmmn.well as u knw writing score can't be guaranteed.and sometimes little mistakes in reading/listening
I wrote the test on Nov 2nd but the result is not yet out.fingers crossed though
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:07am On Nov 06, 2017
mamajaz:

I do buy one from glo too, #100 calls for 9 minutes, #200 calls 19+ after subscribing to 777 etc.
Good morning. Think I'll just use my normal airtime credit to call tonight. This one my assessor has decided to go on sabbatical with my application I no come understand again
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:09am On Nov 06, 2017
mamajaz:

You dey there ni? Ela omo kan soso eledumare, Ela n kiri, Ela n soore, omo araye baa binu won pa Ela, won sin Ela, Ela jinde l'ojo meta, Ela goke re orun...
Haaa, you need to see enough oriki from the man that taught us. Those of us that were partially serious would have laughed ourselves into irresistible lacrimation state. It was an interesting course then.
All these mysteries sef ehn. I'm certain you found it quite interesting.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:17am On Nov 06, 2017
DIBP just announced they will be updating the 18th October result shortly...

to see the announcement, you have to login into you skillselect (EOI) page.

Good news peeps, as this means we will know the time ITA will roll out in November.

hope this helps allay our fears.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2017
Alphadoor:
DIBP just announced they will be updating the 18th October result shortly...

to see the announcement, you have to login into you skillselect (EOI) page.

Good news peeps, as this means we will know the time ITA will roll out in November.

hope this helps allay our fears.

You're on top of your game man, Gbayi!

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:09am On Nov 06, 2017
jayooh:

Good morning. Think I'll just use my normal airtime credit to call tonight. This one my assessor has decided to go on sabbatical with my application I no come understand again
Please call am bro. Don't let shortage of airtime or "ijebu" cost you a lifetime opportunity.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:09am On Nov 06, 2017
Disectur, where are you?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
Eladua:
So, finally it is my turn to testify, the Lord has done it..

Big congrats. Go eat the good of Oz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
mamajaz:

Please call am bro. Don't let shortage of airtime or "ijebu" cost you a lifetime opportunity.
I will tonight hopefully, was already caught up in the purchased International call minutes saga last night.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
mamajaz:

Lol...Mamajaz you will not kill somebody.

I saw your post on your assessment. It will all end in praise my Sister.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.