Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207783 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by notindome(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
humanshado:
Received Grant Notification today 23rd August,2016

Timeline
7th June, 2016 - Applied for EA assessment (fast track)
28th June, 2016 - EA +ve outcome
28th June, 2016 - EOI submission (60 pts)
6th July, 2016 - ITA
14th July, 2016 - Visa lodged
15th July, 2016 - Uploaded all documents except PCC and medicals
4th August, 2016 - CO requested for PCC and medicals
5th August, 2016 - Uploaded PCC
12th August, 2016 - Medicals done
18th August, 2016 - Medicals cleared
23rd August, 2016 - grant received with IED of 5th August, 2017

I appreciate all the contributors in this forum and wish everybody success.

Congratulations Bro. Pls I sent you a PM. check your email.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
ebimarian:

Hello bellong, I'm applying as an accountant.... And its 3 assessing authorities to assess it...can I choose one for it...or its a must for the three to assess it

You have to choose only one. Read the website of the three and go with anyone you believe will be convenient for you.

@humanshado,

Congratulations to you.. I wish you Godspeed and goodspeed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by princessayinke: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello all. Please i rea!ly need help from a physiotherapist on how i can get my àssessment done by APC
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
princessayinke:
Hello all. Please i rea!ly need help from a physiotherapist on how i can get my àssessment done by APC

The steps are succinctly explained on the website of the assessing authority. Read it from there, nothing different from what anybody will tell you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebimarian: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
bellong:

You have to choose only one. Read the website of the three and go with anyone you believe will be convenient for you.

@humanshado,

Congratulations to you.. I wish you Godspeed and goodspeed.
Thanks bellong... but y are so many people going for pte and nt ielts...or is pte the most common?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
ebimarian:

Thanks bellong... but y are so many people going for pte and nt ielts...or is pte the most common?

I don't know.. guess they find it easier to pass compared to IELTS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
ebimarian:

...+ what oga belong said, it is cheaper too 'cos every Kobo counts now
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
humanshado:
Received Grant Notification today 23rd August,2016

Timeline
7th June, 2016 - Applied for EA assessment (fast track)
28th June, 2016 - EA +ve outcome
28th June, 2016 - EOI submission (60 pts)
6th July, 2016 - ITA
14th July, 2016 - Visa lodged
15th July, 2016 - Uploaded all documents except PCC and medicals
4th August, 2016 - CO requested for PCC and medicals
5th August, 2016 - Uploaded PCC
12th August, 2016 - Medicals done
18th August, 2016 - Medicals cleared
23rd August, 2016 - grant received with IED of 5th August, 2017

I appreciate all the contributors in this forum and wish everybody success.
Congratulations bro. That's pretty fast. It would have been faster if PCC n medicals were done upfront. We are will surely join you in OZ
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
mamajaz:

Na so ooo. mamajaz every dollar counts oooooo. The processing is capital intensive. we gat to plan very well. But the overall benefit make sense. I bliv it will end well.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 24, 2016
mamajaz:

how much is pte now. thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by phoenix90(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
bellong:
In summary, find below the steps in applying...

1. Check if your occupation is on SOL/CSOL or nominate a closely related occupation that you can prove. Also check the quota percentage to know if you still stand a chance. You can search for occupations and assessment info on www.anzscosearch.com & Dibp site.

2. Write English test (PTE, IELTS, Toefl) based on your preference and your skill assessment body requirement.

3. Check your assessment requirement from your assessing body and submit your application providing them with the necessary documents.

4. Calculate your points based on your situation.

5. Submit your EOI if you have up to 60 points and wait for invitation.

6. Lodge visa and make payment after invitation. Frontload medicals, PCC and form 80 may help fasten your processing.

NB

For some occupations like Doctors, Nurses,(Most medical and health related professions), Social workers, Lawyers and Psychologists, you will first need to be registered with the registration body of each profession before you can start Permanent resident visa processing. Some require that you write some exams before you are registered while some don't. Detailed information can be found on the body's website.
You're quite a genius in clarity of information. Thanks for this exposé. I have a question. It goes thus: I graduated with a second class upper division in Botany from a good university in Nigeria and have worked in a freight forwarding/ clearing agency for 2 years post-Nysc. What do you advise me to choose as my skill if am to apply for the PR? I have looked up job description for freight forwarders on the occupation list but I couldn't find it. And I haven't worked in a botany related field since except during IT. I appreciate ur kind response in anticipation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebimarian: 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
oknee:

Hello, are you aware you need to show proof of Huge fund before nomination?
This proof of huge fund,does it apply to all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
WinningSun:

how much is pte now. thanks.
I registered mine about 2 weeks ago, it was discounted to me at #38,640:00k, 'cos I 'm writing it at PTE office, Ikea branch.
Otherwise, the lady told me it was #45,000:00k, and #50,000:00k in other places

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
metrecube:

Na so ooo. mamajaz every dollar counts oooooo. The processing is capital intensive. we gat to plan very well. But the overall benefit make sense. I bliv it will end well.
Sure! My person, the overall benefits are sweeter than honey self.
The money needed for the process go come out by fire by thunder...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebimarian: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
mamajaz:

No my person. Am a nurse, but it's like nurses and other health care workers are not keen about this.
Of a truth, our own process appears much more cumbersome than these engineer guys'.
However, I am hell bent on seeing it through to the last, "who knows if I might be able to tutor others (like bellong, deleyi ...) on how to go about it in the nearest future.
Thanks mama....I wish u all d best too....pls how much for this visa
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebimarian: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
doyen06:
I have forwarded the PTE materials to; femiquadrim@gmail.com, sarmec2009@yahoo.com and hordunayodt@gmail.com.
Pls doyen...forward it to me.... ebimabel4real@yahoo.com.. Thnks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
Please can you forward the pte materials too ucheokonji@yahoo.com thank you.

ebimarian:

Pls doyen...forward it to me.... ebimabel4real@yahoo.com.. Thnks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
mamajaz:

I registered mine about 2 weeks ago, it was discounted to me at #38,640:00k, 'cos I 'm writing it at PTE office, Ikea branch.
Otherwise, the lady told me it was #45,000:00k, and #50,000:00k in other places

thanks mam. I appreciate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
phoenix90:

You're quite a genius in clarity of information. Thanks for this exposé. I have a question. It goes thus: I graduated with a second class upper division in Botany from a good university in Nigeria and have worked in a freight forwarding/ clearing agency for 2 years post-Nysc. What do you advise me to choose as my skill if am to apply for the PR? I have looked up job description for freight forwarders on the occupation list but I couldn't find it. And I haven't worked in a botany related field since except during IT. I appreciate ur kind response in anticipation.

I don't think there is any occupation you can claim on the list, i am not sure. I have not come across any relating to freight forwarding or botany except custom officer which is different and no state is sponsoring it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by notindome(m): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
@malkinburg @ibiyemiara @humanshado, Anyone of you kindly assist with a sample copy of your cdr biko. Made a request earlier on the thread, no response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 25, 2016
notindome:
@malkinburg @ibiyemiara @humanshado, Anyone of you kindly assist with a sample copy of your cdr biko. Made a request earlier on the thread, no response.

How are you going to assure any of them that you won't plagiarise their work? I will advice you use the EA MSA Booklet to write your first Career Episode; Send it to them to proof-read it and they will give you a sincere and robust feedback which may include a copy of their CDR.

I think this approach may earn you their trust and make it easier for them to share their CDRs with you. Cheers bro.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:27am On Aug 25, 2016
ebimarian:
Pls I'm interested ,send it via my email add..ebimabel4real@yahoo.com
please send the PTE materials to me too. sadeseyi4eva@gmail.com, thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:30am On Aug 25, 2016
ausi4me:

Thanks so much,I have received it.God bless you
please, I will be much grateful if you could send the PTE materials to me Thanks, e se, imela, no gode
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebimarian: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2016
mamajaz:

please, I will be much grateful if you could send the PTE materials to me
Thanks, e se, imela, no gode
Hello mama,I have not gotten it too o, pls if u get it, pls send it to me....thanks....ebimabel4real@yahoo.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2016
ebimarian:

Hello mama,I have not gotten it too o, pls if u get it, pls send it to me....thanks....ebimabel4real@yahoo.com
OK sweetie
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hello, pls who knows the contact email for Engineer Australia? I need it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.