Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205420 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
bellong:

I only asked to know if she finished from Great Ife...
She should be fine..
Good evening sire! (With both arms raised above my head)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adejuwon1: 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
please house for electrical engineer and electrical technologist please how many assessing body ius in charge apart from the EA. i need urgent reply please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trav(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
bellong:

I only asked to know if she finished from Great Ife...

She should be fine..

Great Then. I look forward to consulting with you and other gurus as we move forward.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kennyausta: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
Thank you so much sir from your write up my profession falls on both SOL and CSOL categories i studied mechanical engineering and am working with my uncle who imports auto parts as a sales representative my question is must i get a reference letter from an engineering firm? Can he refer me? I will waiting to hear from you sir thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
@bellong, NNBB2012, scrollmeout, kubbiebrownie, other gurus in the house

I need a little clarification on migration assessment: I have been coming across the terms "skills assessment" and "qualifications assessment". Are these embedded in what is called "migration assessment"? If not, which of these assessments is required for Australian PR? Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hello House,

Please I need advice. I have HND In mechanical Engineering, Option Production/Manufacturing with over Nine(9) years of experience in oil and gas industry. Breakdown is as follows,

Company one is two years as NDT inspector,
Company two is five years experience as NDT Engineer,
Company three is over two years experience an a QAQC Engineer.
I am 36 years old. according to the rating please what is my rating so far . Note I have not yet written the English exams.

Lastly, I was going through the SOL and i came across mechanical engineer and Production engineer with Engineer Australia as the assessing body. Am I suppose to apply for this qualification or is there any other option you can advise me to go for with respect to my job experience above? I Will appreciate your quick response . many thanks,

Regards.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lordliri(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
timikenzo2:
Hello house, is it possible I write Ielts after assessment result is out,Vetasses cut down d number of years that I was hoping to get more points from. I have 50 points by calculation below,
Age 34- 25points
Qualification B.tech - 15 points
Years of experience - 9 years cut down to 7.8 years - 10points.
Please what is the next step,do I do state nomination or rewrite Ielts,though I already had one with total band of 6.5.?
Many thanks

I am on the same boat.. should i do IELTS or the ACS accessment first
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lordliri(m): 7:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
zuriel2016:
FOR PROSPECTIVE MIGRANTS WHO INTEND TO USE ACS

Find below an email which I received in response to my enquiry last month. summary: 10 years of experience in one company , and one ACS qualification will not qualify you for a positive response, BUT 1 ACS qualification plus work experience in 7 or more different companies should qualify you! strange, but that's what I deduced from their response.

My 1st mail to them
Good Morning,

Kindly advise on how the required 8 episodes are calculate, e.g is 1 year of employment equivalent to 1 episode? I have an ICT(MAJOR) related 4 years Bsc (hons) with 10 years of experience in the last 10 years, would this be 11 episodes?

or is it a clear cut case of the under listed excerpt

Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Major  If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 2 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10 years or 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history (whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.

Thanks

Their 1st response
Thank you for your email,

All skills assessment fees will include a total of 8 assessment episodes per application.

An assessment episode can be either qualification or employment documentation.

For example, you can submit 3 qualifications and 5 employment episodes or 8 employment episodes in total or any combination of qualifications and employment episodes numbering 8 assessment episodes per application.

If you have 10 years of experience all from within the 1 company this is 1 episode, if your 10 years of experience is from 10 different companies in total this is 10 episodes.

A $50 fee will apply for each additional qualification or employment episodes that exceeds a maximum of 8 assessment episodes per application

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Regards,
Bessie

MY SECOND RESPONSE

Many thanks for the explicit response.
Kindly clarify if episodes relates to the number of companies one has worked in ,per year or otherwise

E.g 6 months in company A, 1 year in company B , 3 months in company C will that be 3 episodes? Or just one episode ( company B - 1year) ?

T[b]HEIR SECOND RESPONSE
On 10 Mar 2016 00:04, "Skills Assessment" <Assessment@acs.org.au> wrote:
Dear XYZ

Thank you for your email,

All skills assessment fees will include a total of 8 assessment episodes per application.

An assessment episode can be either qualification or employment documentation.

For example, you can submit 3 qualifications and 5 employment episodes or 8 employment episodes in total or any combination of qualifications and employment episodes numbering 8 assessment episodes per application.

If you have 10 years of experience all from within the 1 company this is 1 episode, if your 10 years of experience is from 10 different companies in total this is 10 episodes.

A $50 fee will apply for each additional qualification or employment episodes that exceeds a maximum of 8 assessment episodes per application

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Regards,
Bessie[/b]

Hello bro,

they didnt answer your question exactly.. is the nunber of employment equal to the number of episodes?., irrespective of the period spent working each employment ...?\

please share what you deduced from this and if you have taken the accessment?

I am considering going for Systems Administrator 262113 ACS or ICT Support Engineer 263212 ACS
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=adejuwon1 post=48874986]please house for electrical engineer and electrical technologist please how many assessing body ius in charge apart from the EA. i need urgent reply please[/quote

please people help this engineer oh!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tutubabe: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hello Bellong ,

Thanks for your replies so far.
Please I need your advice. I have HND In mechanical Engineering, Option Production/Manufacturing with over Nine(9) years of experience in oil and gas industry. Breakdown is as follows,

I am 36 years old. according to the rating please what is my rating so far . Note I have not yet written the English exams.

Lastly, I was going through the SOL and i came across mechanical engineer and Production engineer with Engineer Australia as the assessing body. Am I suppose to apply for this qualification or is there any other option you can advise me to go for with respect to my job experience above? I Will appreciate your quick response . many thanks,

Regards,
Tutu.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tutubabe: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hello Bellong,

Thanks for your responses so far.

Please I need your advice. I have HND In mechanical Engineering, Option Production/Manufacturing with over Nine(9) years of experience in oil and gas industry. Breakdown is as follows,

Regards,

Tutu
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=mamajaz post=48880659][/quote]

He needs to read, this type of question is not what someone who is serious should ask.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
40manlappy:

I need a little clarification on migration assessment: I have been coming across the terms "skills assessment" and "qualifications assessment". Are these embedded in what is called "migration assessment"? If not, which of these assessments is required for Australian PR? Thank you.

Yes, the two are what made up the migration assessment. Your skills and qualifications.

Reason why they divided to two is because of those who only need their skills or qualifications only assessed.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
bellong:

Yes, the two are what made up the migration assessment. Your skills and qualifications.

Reason why they divided to two is because of those who only need their skills or qualifications only assessed.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2016
@tutubabe,

Why did you deactivate to register with a female like moniker? Questions are not responded to by gender.

The questions you asked are already answered in the thread. You can only be assessed by the assessing authority approved for your occupation.

It is you that should decide what your experience is and which occupation aligns with it. The assessing authority written against the occupation is the only one responsible for an occupation you choose.

I can't tell you what your rating is, the instructions are there to follow.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bimpsy99: 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2016
I think you should consider using CPA as your ICAN membership may cover for the australian degree requirement once they verify your transcript details. Not sure of the work experience cos they will only regard an experience in a closely related ANZSCO. I wish all these assessing bodies offer advisory services.

I learnt that the first four numbers determine what they call closely related. Eg 2211 is for accountants and 2212 for auditors.. Can anyone please confirm this based on experience?

Wquote author=chidike post=48866867]

Sorry Bro, but I just want to use your issue as an advice to anyone using VETASSESS, try and use the advisory service first, if you do that you will know if your qualifications and work experience are relevant to the occupation you have chosen (I stand to be corrected). I have currently applied for the advisory service, it cost me about 40k. I think it is better to pay for advisory and be told that your qualifications do no match your occupation, then you can look for another occupation, than to pay almost 250k for assessment and wait for some months only to get a negative assessment. These are my thoughts, just what I think, I may be wrong. angiesteve someone i know who studied economics and is chartered (ICAN) but works with a BIG4 assessed using CPA as an accountant and is currently in Australia. In-fact he started the whole process in October last year and by January, he had gotten papers, but it was state nomination.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kubbiebrownie(f): 12:48am On Aug 29, 2016
40manlappy:

Just like Oga bellong said, migration assessment comprises of skill assessment and qualification assessment. Skill assessment is an assessment of your work experience while qualification assessment is an assessment of your academic credentials. Depending on your chosen occupation, if it doesn't require work experience or if you do not have work experience then you only need to do qualification assessment but If your chosen occupation requires work experience or you have work experience related to your chosen occupation you will need to do both qualification assessment and skill assessment.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
and now I become scared of VETASSESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is well bro.

Seems we are in the same boat save for the fact that I have BSc. Accounting.

angiesteve:
Good day mates,

I recently got a negative assessment from VETASSESS for Internal Auditor and would require advice from the house. Just a little background about my profile, I have a bachelors degree in Economics in 2005 from LASU and also a chartered accountant (2008). I have about eight years in Internal Audit experience in a Nigerian Bank. The reasons for the negative assessment are:

1. That my first degree obtained from LASU is equivalent to AQF Associate Degree and not Bachelors Degree.

2. That my first degree in Economics is not highly relevant to the field of Internal Audit.

3. That my ICAN certificate obtained in 2008 is not taken into consideration because its not recognized by the Nigerian Board of Technical Education (NBTE) or the Country Education Profile (CEP) in Australia.

Based on little research that I have done, there was no way NBTE would have contained ICAN or regulate ICAN. ICAN was established by the act in 1965 while NBTE was only established in 1975. Also, Economics not being related to internal audit is arguable by the standards issues by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).

I have the option of assessing with other bodies like CPA/IPA/ICA not as internal auditor but accountant. The problem is, i might not be able get points for work experience because of my role as an internal auditor.

Your views please?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2016
kubbiebrownie:

Just like Oga bellong said, migration assessment comprises of skill assessment and qualification assessment. Skill assessment is an assessment of your work experience while qualification assessment is an assessment of your academic credentials. Depending on your chosen occupation, if it doesn't require work experience or if you do not have work experience then you only need to do qualification assessment but If your chosen occupation requires work experience or you have work experience related to your chosen occupation you will need to do both qualification assessment and skill assessment.

Hope this helps.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
Z
chidike:

Sorry Bro, but I just want to use your issue as an advice to anyone using VETASSESS, try and use the advisory service first, if you do that you will know if your qualifications and work experience are relevant to the occupation you have chosen (I stand to be corrected). I have currently applied for the advisory service, it cost me about 40k. I think it is better to pay for advisory and be told that your qualifications do no match your occupation, then you can look for another occupation, than to pay almost 250k for assessment and wait for some months only to get a negative assessment. These are my thoughts, just what I think, I may be wrong. angiesteve someone i know who studied economics and is chartered (ICAN) but works with a BIG4 assessed using CPA as an accountant and is currently in Australia. In-fact he started the whole process in October last year and by January, he had gotten papers, but it was state nomination.

Debsty right?he is one of the fastest I have seen around here.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Godwilling: 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hello everyone. .I am making this enquiry for my husband .He is 33 years and a civil engineer . Please how long should he have the 50000 dollars in his account inorder for it to qualify as proof of fund. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
@angiesteve

It is obvious that you will get a better assessment as an Accountant using one of the 3 professional bodies (i.e. CPA, CA, IPA). You may consider aligning your experience to that of an accountant. Auditing and Accounting are closely related.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinlak: 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
Has anybody ever had to add a dependant after lodgement of the principal applicant using applicable form and filling out credit card details for payments. If you have, how long did it take to have your dependants added and the credit card debited.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
trav:

Thanks to all the gurus for the good work you are all doing. Special gbosa to oga Bellong for the thread. I have studied from page one but I have some issues I will need help with.

@Tyosho… Congrats on your progress thus far. I will appreciate your input and guidance on this as I know you are an accountant.
My wife is a chartered accountant and will be primary applicant as I believe she has a better chance than I. She is nursing presently so I’ll have to do lots of the legwork.

She turns 32 years tomorrow.
Graduated first class B.sc Accounting in 2004.
ICAN Chartered also in 2004.

I apologise for just responding to this.

For question two;using her maiden name is not an issue.I have been married over 4years and still use mine.I have renewed passports and visas and it's never been an issue regarding my marital status so fret not.

Question one get plenty answers and I see Bellong too Don respond.
She can do without the CFA.I got a positive assessment with only a first degree so her first degree with ICAN is just fine.
If you can afford it,Pls assess as both auditor and management accountant with ICAA(I say ICAA because they are the most lenient of the 3 accounting bodies and can give you valid multiple assesments).
Accounting is VERY competitive right now.With two positive skill assessments,you stand a better chance.Aim to have at least 70points(we had 70points and it still took 4months before we got invites as auditors!)

In last financial year July 2015-June 2016,there were only 1000 slots for auditors in the 189 program and they finished in September 2015.This year has about 1377 slots and they could finish anytime as well.
A lot people too are on the queue for 189 accountants so the earlier you join that queue,I would say the better.
But there's always state sponsorship which isn't bad at all as well.

Can u do gen accountant instead of management accountant though?Easier to get state sponsorship of gen accountant over mgt accountant
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
angiesteve:
Good day mates,

I recently got a negative assessment from VETASSESS for Internal Auditor and would require advice from the house. Just a little background about my profile, I have a bachelors degree in Economics in 2005 from LASU and also a chartered accountant (2008). I have about eight years in Internal Audit experience in a Nigerian Bank. The reasons for the negative assessment are:

1. That my first degree obtained from LASU is equivalent to AQF Associate Degree and not Bachelors Degree.

2. That my first degree in Economics is not highly relevant to the field of Internal Audit.

3. That my ICAN certificate obtained in 2008 is not taken into consideration because its not recognized by the Nigerian Board of Technical Education (NBTE) or the Country Education Profile (CEP) in Australia.

Based on little research that I have done, there was no way NBTE would have contained ICAN or regulate ICAN. ICAN was established by the act in 1965 while NBTE was only established in 1975. Also, Economics not being related to internal audit is arguable by the standards issues by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).

I have the option of assessing with other bodies like CPA/IPA/ICA not as internal auditor but accountant. The problem is, i might not be able get points for work experience because of my role as an internal auditor.

Your views please?

Pls try ICAA.My hubby is an auditor.The same job experience got him a positive skill assesment as a general accountant(the same documents he used to get a positive skill assesment as auditor is the same he used for general accountant).
His first degree was accounting.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
Oga Bellong, Oga Jukeblam, other heroes in the house.

Pls I'd like to seek clarifications on few things

Going through skill select site, i saw a table on occupational ceiling value and electrician has 9345(result till date is 47) compared to about 1k plus of Electrical engineering (result till date is 140). Pls does that mean I stand a better chance nominating electrician? Or the reverse is the case?

If electrician stands better chance, do you think my BEng in Electrical should be hidden or still be presented alongside my work experience for assessment at TRA. I don't know if they might raise a flag on me being overqualified or something.

I hope I'm articulate enough. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Godwilling:
Hello everyone. .I am making this enquiry for my husband .He is 33 years and a civil engineer . Please how long should he have the 50000 dollars in his account inorder for it to qualify as proof of fund. Thanks

You don't require proof of fund for Australia skilled migration except for Northern territory nomination
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
@Jamson,

You are better off assessing with EA, faster and less documents to provide.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2016
bellong:
@Jamson,

You are better off assessing with EA, faster and less documents to provide.

Thanks a lot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2016
is dis a good news or bad one. I just submitted my advisory assessment yesterday and saw this this morning.

https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/advisory-service

Advisory Service
Effective 01 September 2016 Advisory Service is no longer available
In anticipation of the new Skill Assessment Support Service available from October 2016, we are advising customers that we will no longer be taking Advisory Service enquiries from 5pm (AEST) on 31 August 2016. Fully lodged Advisory Service enquiries received prior to this date will not be affected and will be processed as normal.

Based on business improvement initiatives and customer feedback received for our current Advisory Service for general professional occupations, VETASSESS is pleased to announce the launch of Skills Assessment Support service commencing October 2016. The new service aims to provide tailored support to applicants/agents on how to submit a decision-ready application to VETASSESS. The two new replacement service will include:
(1) step-by-step document checking support in completing a VETASSESS skills assessment application; and/or
(2) understanding the Australian context for a nominated occupation assessed by VETASSESS.

Further details about this new service will be announced shortly. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we facilitate this transition.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
jamson:
Oga Bellong, Oga Jukeblam, other heroes in the house.

Pls I'd like to seek clarifications on few things

Going through skill select site, i saw a table on occupational ceiling value and electrician has 9345(result till date is 47) compared to about 1k plus of Electrical engineering (result till date is 140). Pls does that mean I stand a better chance nominating electrician? Or the reverse is the case?

If electrician stands better chance, do you think my BEng in Electrical should be hidden or still be presented alongside my work experience for assessment at TRA. I don't know if they might raise a flag on me being overqualified or something.

I hope I'm articulate enough. Thanks in anticipation
If your undergraduate degree was bsc in Electrical Engineering, go for Electrical Engineering cis EA's accessment doesn't take much stress compared to other accessing bodies. Take advantage while you can. For the ceilings, EA doesn't normally give Electrical Engineering easily as there are slme requirements they often seek in the career episodes, rather they change it to Engineering Technologist which doesn't really matter in terms of points(15points). But the eventual outcome is that due to lesser number of Electrical engineers, with 60 points you get called faster for Electrical engineer than Engineering Technologist though not in all cases, but on the average.
So go with EA and make hay while the sun shines.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abbyjo: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
Goodevening,
Please has anyone here assessed as a baker or knows someone who has?
Your response would be appreciated.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.