Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207379 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Good day everyone.

Been a very long time I visited. Congratulations to all that have got their PRs, positive assessments and all we 'expectants', may the Almighty perfect and crown all our efforts.

Had a lot of challenges. But alhamdulillah, things have taken shape now.

My husband just submitted his assessment to EA last week. We are re-writing our ielts. We found out we were supposed to write the general module. It was academic we wrote and got 8 each �. Unfortunately closest date we got was 24th of march. But we're hopeful. Delay is not denial. And by God's grace we'll join the sister thread 'living in oz' by the end of the year or by 1st quarter of next year. Amen.

We can't afford to assess both our degrees but we're hoping and praying we won't need to.

Nigeria is tough, and a very little challenge can totally derail one. May God make it easy for us all.

@Mamajaz , special congratulations to you. So sorry to every other person that got something positive, i cant mention all handkes. I missed too much and can't read through all the pages I missed. But I'm genuinely happy for everyone and very glad to be a part of this family.

@bellong, may God continue to bless you for this thread.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
@Mumzt,

If you got 8 in each band, there is no point rewriting the IELTS. The academic module can also be used.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
If you use your MIT you will get positive assessment but no point for experience. Without experience experience point can you get up to 75 points total? If so then you are good to go. Do your calculation - age? , Edu - 15, Eng ? Partner point?

Otherwise you can arrange your assessment properly to make that 4 years post B.Sc experience count = 5 points.

RPL + B.Sc

or

RPL + Certification (MCSE )

Note that part time work during your Bsc( or even before your Bsc as long as you are over 18 year of age) that is greater than 20 hours can be used as relevant work experience. They can remove that as the required 6 - 8 years
If any of the company you worked with can not issue reference letter or the company no longer exist, you can use statutory declaration.

Go through the summary of criteria attached as well to get the picture.

Tolutheo:

Thank you for your time boss, here are the answers below:

1.) No, MIT is a professional masters so PGD is not required for non IT majors
2.) I obtained the MIT Dec, 2017
3.) I obtained the BSc Biochemistry in November 2012
4.) Yes I have a couple of Microsoft Cert: MCSA Office 365, MCSE Sharepoint, MS Azure, MCSD Azure (All obtained between 2014 and 2015)
5.) I started working immediately after my NYSC in June 2014 so I have about 4 years post NYSC experience

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
bellong:
@Mumzt,

If you got 8 in each band, there is no point rewriting the IELTS. The academic module can also be used.

Oh my! I hope she hasn't gone to pay for another IELTS ohh. E go pain me. (On her behalf)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
Anybody heading to the NT should PM me..Strictly those heading to the NT (Have either applied for NT nomination OR have applied for a visa [489/190])
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
trastar:

Oh my! I hope she hasn't gone to pay for another IELTS ohh. E go pain me. (On her behalf)

I swear, e go pain gan o. I just dey hope say this statement "Unfortunately closest date we got was 24th of march" no be wetin I dey think. That money would've gone towards her own assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jazinogold(m): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
jaybwoi:
Anybody heading to the NT should PM me..Strictly those heading to the NT (Have either applied for NT nomination OR have applied for a visa [489/190])

make we talk jazinogold@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
mumzt:
Good day everyone.

Been a very long time I visited. Congratulations to all that have got their PRs, positive assessments and all we 'expectants', may the Almighty perfect and crown all our efforts.

Had a lot of challenges. But alhamdulillah, things have taken shape now.

My husband just submitted his assessment to EA last week. We are re-writing our ielts. We found out we were supposed to write the general module. It was academic we wrote and got 8 each �.

8 in all 4 bands get you 20points(unless u mean your average scores =cool ...ielts academic can be used for Aussie skilled migration, its only canny that insists on general ielts. If you can confirm the above please cancel the test for a refund(hope its possible).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
bellong:
@Mumzt,

Really? Wow! That's the best news I've heard this year!

Kai, wish we could get the money for the exams back.

Thank God though, that 8 is golden. �����
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 7:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
trastar:

Truly very painful. In this buhari era. But God knows best. I'm still glad we can use the academic. There's no guarantee of another 8.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
TRed:

I swear, e go pain gan o. I just dey hope say this statement "Unfortunately closest date we got was 24th of march" no be wetin I dey think. That money would've gone towards her own assessment.

True ��
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Misoke:

8 in all 4 bands get you 20points(unless u mean your average scores =cool ...ielts academic can be used for Aussie skilled migration, its only canny that insists on general ielts. If you can confirm the above please cancel the test for a refund(hope its possible).

I will definitely attempt that!.

Yes 8 in all bands. grin

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
mumzt:

True ��
You can get a refund less 25% administrative charges if you cancel more than 5weeks to the exam date.

Kindly find the info here -> https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/registration.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
TRed:

You can get a refund less 25% administrative charges if you cancel more than 5weeks to the exam date.

Kindly find the info here -> https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/registration.

Just keeps getting better. ���.

Thank you so much fam. I truly appreciate you all. May God bless you all richly.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fizzile(m): 1:56am On Feb 08, 2018
I must appreciate all the gurus here for investing time and resources towards helping us with necessary info. After painstakingly going through some pages, i decided to drop my profile to get some responses from the house.

1. Age: 30years : 30points

2. Qualification: I have a BSc in Botany and an MSc in Environmental Management. Hopefully my BSc should give me 15points

3. Work Experience: Immediately after Uni, i started working with an Environmental Firm from 2009 to 2016. I believe that can give me 10points.

4. I wrote the IELTS general test with an overall band score of 8.0. Speaking 8.5, Listening 7.5, Writing 8.0 and Reading 7.5. I hope that can give me 10points.

Please i will like your input on my chances but i have some questions:

1. During the period with the company i worked for, i was paid cash without any payslips due to the nature of the job, as it involves field works and we were often paid cash. Please what do i tender for assessment?

2. Since i will be using my BSc degree for the assessment, will the job description contract the degree field? I studied Botany but worked majorly as an Environmental Manager or Scientist and not Botanist.

Will appreciate your guide.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by timikenzo2(f): 3:04am On Feb 08, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Its been ages I made a comment in here. I use to be active then became a silent reader....I have learnt from everyone and I am going to put my timelines to encourage several others. Truly God is God and cannot be anything less....
First PTE attempt - Dec 2014
First IELTS - Feb 2015
First Student visa - Denied June 2015
Vetasses Assessment( Agricultural Consultant) - Positive April 2016 )8 months of waiting, 8 years of experience cut to 7.6years
Second attempt Student Visa - Granted April 2016
Travelled to Australia - May 2016
Family joined - July 2016
First PTE in Australia- less than 10 points needed/required
First,Second IELTS in Australia - less than points required
Second PTE - March 2017 - acquired the 10ponts needed
EOI -March 2017
Invitation to apply - March 2017
Medicals,PCC etc - March 2017
Documents upload - March/April 2017
Visa Lodge - March 2017
First CO Contact - June 2017
Second CO Contact - September 2017
Called DIBP - December 2017
Called DIBP January 2017
Grant - February 7 2018. Visa 189 with 60 points
The waiting was out of this world,in the end it was worth it. God is God!!! Thank you Jesus

22 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mannimakerjnr: 4:19am On Feb 08, 2018
Congratulations!!!! This is a Super Story. The LORD bless you and make you prosper!

timikenzo2:
Hello Everyone,
Its been ages I made a comment in here. I use to be active then became a silent reader....I have learnt from everyone and I am going to put my timelines to encourage several others. Truly God is God and cannot be anything less....
First IELTS - Feb 2015
Vetasses Assessment( Agricultural Consultant) - Positive April 2016 )8 months of waiting, 8 years of experience cut to 7.6years
EOI -March 2017
Visa Lodge - March 2017
Called DIBP January 2017
The waiting was out of this world,in the end it was worth it. God is God!!! Thank you Jesus

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by candycush(m): 7:14am On Feb 08, 2018
timikenzo2:
Hello Everyone,
First IELTS - Feb 2015
EOI -March 2017
Visa Lodge - March 2017
Called DIBP January 2017
Congrats dear... it will end in praise for all of us. So good to know one can still get 189 with 60points. Hope dey

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2018
@timikenzo2,

Congratulations mate.....

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 08, 2018
timikenzo2:
Hello

Congratulations..

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 9:02am On Feb 08, 2018
timikenzo2:
Hello Everyone,

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamesval: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2018
Tojued:
Hello everyone and good morning. Thanks to all who are making this thread a lifeline.

Please I've read as many pages as I can, but have not seen the answer to my question.

How much should one budget for this whole process?

1. IELTS
2. Vetassess
3. EOI
4. Medicals
5. Police report
6. Balance needed in account to apply for visa
7. Visa
8. Ticket
9. Realistic amount needed in account to tide over your first few months there.

Please estimates are okay, but if anyone just finished a payment and has fresh idea kindly share.

Thanks a lot guys, abeg no jump me pass.

pls help here

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2018
timikenzo2:

Visa Lodge - March 2017
Called DIBP January 2017

Thank God!so happy for you!

Please confirm what the two CO contacts was for?just so that the rest us can be aware.thanks dear and a big congrats again.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2018
timikenzo2:
Hello Everyone,

Wow. Congratulations!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2018
[quote author=timikenzo2 post=64879985]Hello Everyone,

Congrats.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manga5: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2018
timikenzo2:
Hello Everyone,
First IELTS - Feb 2015
EOI -March 2017
Visa Lodge - March 2017
Called DIBP January 2017

Congratulations, your mind can go to rest now. All the best in the best
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by MeinKampf: 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2018
Please I need the fastest way to send a driver's licence to Sydney at an affordable price before 16th February
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pettyperty(f): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2018
Good afternoon house.
Pls can someone help me check for lead city university?

Cc lakola
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abusaibu: 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
Goodday house, just want to know if is possible for one to travel to Australia by attending a conference and then stay there permanent after the conference.

Thanks, abusaibu@yahoo.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Alphadoor:

Based on the current trend, it is invisible grin (not feasible) at the moment.

however you have options of 190 and 489

@Alphadoor, which states are nominating Chemical Engineers for 189 and 190 Visa Classes.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 4:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
chebyshev:

@Alphadoor, which states are nominating Chemical Engineers for 189 and 190 Visa Classes.

State Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489

ACT Australian Capital Territory yes no
NSW New South Wales yes no
NT Northern Territory yes yes
QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) no no
SA South Australia yes yes
TAS Tasmania yes yes
VIC Victoria no no
WA Western Australia no no

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.