Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207307 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tojued: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2018
trastar:
Apparently AASW is even saying they are now able to access people with qualifications lower than a degree.
This is good news for those of you who studied 4 years social work related courses in a tier 2 university.

What of someone who studied sociology buy has more than five years experience as a social worker? Is there any hope for positive assessment from aasw?

This whole thing is quite tough for social science folks sha.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebere272: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello everyone,pls my grant just came out.I need a female i can squat with before getting mine ,heading to melbourne Rmit...pls help needed
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
Tojued:

What of someone who studied sociology buy has more than five years experience as a social worker? Is there any hope for positive assessment from aasw?

This whole thing is quite tough for social science folks sha.

I believe the person will get positive assessment.
There's no social worker course in Nigeria really..the closest is Sociology..so package well and it should fly..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
ebere272:
Hello everyone,pls my grant just came out.I need a female i can squat with before getting mine ,heading to melbourne Rmit...pls help needed

ahn ahn just like that? Give us timelines na grin grin

Congratulations!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello E family,

Please has anyone in Engineering occupation gotten nomination from Victoria state without assessing work experience with EA? Please I need to know whether I should do secondary assessment for work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crownnygold: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
Unilorin offers social works as a course o first set in their finals now
trastar:

There's no social worker course in Nigeria really..the closest is Sociology..so package well and it should fly..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tojued: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
trastar:

Thanks for the encouragement. There are social work courses sha o, diploma and masters and I think UNN offers BSc. It is well.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ezilytina(f): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=ebunlomocrown post=64958541]Please I need advise I have gone Tru the whole trend Nd found out that aitsl asses bsc ed I finished from a tier 2 university unilorin science education Nd a fresh graduate I don't know if I can enrol for pgde at noun to compliment my document for a positive Nd 15point qualifications or I should do masters my final point for bsc doesn't evn need pgde at all but don't want to waste time please guru in the house I need your candid advice and I don't evn know if noun certificate will not be accepted by aitsl please advise thanks ........[/quote

Y Pdge? when you can go for your masters. I fink going for your masters will be master.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ezilytina(f): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=Ironrose post=64961454][/quote]
OK . I sent you a mail, waiting for your reply
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
crownnygold:
Unilorin offers social works as a course o first set in their finals now

"First set".
My point exactly. It isn't a common course in Nigeria.

There's this clause on AASW "The AASW can only assess your qualification/s as eligible if you have been specifically trained in social work and you are eligible for membership or registration in your country of training (where such a body exists)".
This was in response to the question about related courses like sociology and co..

I also saw that there's a social worker association in Nigeria. Even though the website looks tacky as anything, you might want to contact them and see if they have any information.
You never know.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebunlomocrown: 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Thanks ma I don't want to waste time dat y eailer the better I don't even want msc from noun I just want the pgde to keep me safe and it seems their pgde is faster than masters [quote author=Ezilytina post=64978297][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
lalaazo:

Melbourne is the next big thing now in terms of major capital projects Melbourne Metro coming up in less than 6 months time; by 2020 there would be no underground works in SYD for another 4 years .That is not to say there wouldn't be other construction projects. But tunnelling or underground industry is like the new oil in Australia ( worth 3bn aud$ ).

Mind a PM bro? Need to go on professional mode with you and won't want to sorta derail the thread.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by flgd: 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello house,

Please what are the chances of profile below

BSC physics (four years in a private uni)
IELTS 9, 8, 7.5, 6.5 (RLSW)
TEN years work experience as a banker (several operations unit)
Age 31

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tojued: 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
trastar:

"First set".
My point exactly. It isn't a common course in Nigeria.

There's this clause on AASW "The AASW can only assess your qualification/s as eligible if you have been specifically trained in social work and you are eligible for membership or registration in your country of training (where such a body exists)".
This was in response to the question about related courses like sociology and co..

I also saw that there's a social worker association in Nigeria. Even though the website looks tacky as anything, you might want to contact them and see if they have any information.
You never know.

Thanks for taking time to respond. I found the association, there's also an institute. I'll contact them both this week.

The whole thing has been giving me headache. I'd already settled for social professional nec with NT nomination, but vetassess wahala and POF will make this social work route easier.

In the interim I think I will start applying for transcript and register for ielts.

Please I heard UNIBEN is now doing online transcript, even saw a website to that effect. Had anybody used this option before?

Abeg make nobody refer me back to read thread, I'm already at page 110 abeg eye dey turn me.

Thanks to anyone who has info on or contact for UNIBEN transcript.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by geostrata(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
ebere272:
congrats....don't forget to share ur timeline

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Tojued:

Thanks for taking time to respond. I found the association, there's also an institute. I'll contact them both this week.

The whole thing has been giving me headache. I'd already settled for social professional nec with NT nomination, but vetassess wahala and POF will make this social work route easier.

In the interim I think I will start applying for transcript and register for ielts.

Please I heard UNIBEN is now doing online transcript, even saw a website to that effect. Had anybody used this option before?

Abeg make nobody refer me back to read thread, I'm already at page 110 abeg eye dey turn me.

Thanks to anyone who has info on oyr contact for UNIBEN transcript.

I wish u good luck. Please let me know how it goes as my brother also studied sociology and he intends applying later in the year.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ebere272: 4:23am On Feb 12, 2018
zibe:

ahn ahn just like that? Give us timelines na grin grin

Congratulations!!!
i posted my timeline on the student vida thread...since it is not a pr visa...pls accomodation needed

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by shyboy187: 7:26am On Feb 12, 2018
Please what materials do i study pte with? The 20 pointers pls whats the tactis?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:10am On Feb 12, 2018
Tolutheo:

Thank you for your time boss, here are the answers below:

1.) No, MIT is a professional masters so PGD is not required for non IT majors
2.) I obtained the MIT Dec, 2017
3.) I obtained the BSc Biochemistry in November 2012
4.) Yes I have a couple of Microsoft Cert: MCSA Office 365, MCSE Sharepoint, MS Azure, MCSD Azure (All obtained between 2014 and 2015)
5.) I started working immediately after my NYSC in June 2014 so I have about 4 years post NYSC experience

Positive assessment is highly possible using the Microsoft certs with the MIT, however claiming point for experience is gonna be a tough shot but nevertheless worth trying.
RPL is the way to go.

https://www.acs.org.au/msa/information-for-applicants.html

with very good packaging, you are good to go.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ThundrCork(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2018
Denny2017:
Hello E family,

Please has anyone in Engineering occupation gotten nomination from Victoria state without assessing work experience with EA? Please I need to know whether I should do secondary assessment for work experience.

Hi Denny2017

I read somewhere, where you stated that you applied to tra as a welder with 8 years experience and a qualification in mechanical engineering yet your it didn't scale through. I have a similar problem. I have worked for Nigerian government as a plumber for 12 years. I also have a qualification in chemical engineering and it's not closely related to plumbing. Do you think if I apply it will fly?

Cc Bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 12, 2018
ThundrCork:

Hi Denny2017

I read somewhere, where you stated that you applied to tra as a welder with 8 years experience and a qualification in mechanical engineering yet your it didn't scale through. I have a similar problem. I have worked for Nigerian government as a plumber for 12 years. I also have a qualification in chemical engineering and it's not closely related to plumbing. Do you think if I apply it will fly?

Cc Bellong

Well,base on my own experience with TRA, I don't think Chemical engineering will fly for plumbing. You can enquire from experts in the house if there is a way around it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by shyboy187: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2018
Please can I claim 3 yearselectrical engineering working experience using my frnds fathers registered oil haulage company.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Femicrux: 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
Pinoralia:

Yea, you will need to submit some documents for skill assessment. It s around $1000 thereof. What s your occupation?

Mechanical engineering precisely
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bestelle: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
lalaazo:

Surveyor/construction/Civil engineering/EPCM

Hello congratulations sir
Please can you check your mail box, I sent you a pm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bligs: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
shyboy187:
Please can I claim 3 yearselectrical engineering working experience using my frnds fathers registered oil haulage company.
What are your job roles as an electrical engineer in an oil haulage company?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pinoralia: 3:39am On Feb 13, 2018
shyboy187:

Good care has to be taken. do you have the paperworks to support the claim:
-pension contributions statement.
-salary acct statement
-tax clearance...

Payslip, job offer letter, ID card has no hold at all coz they are easy to "dagbo".

Open up here. what and what do you have for real?
Let s see a way out and the best approach to it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pinoralia: 3:53am On Feb 13, 2018
Femicrux:

Mechanical engineering precisely

That's same profession as mine (code 233512). I paid $650 for skill assessment two years ago. It's around $850 now.

www.engineersaustralia.org.au/For-Migrants/Migration-Skills-Assessment/Migration-Fees

Calculate your achievable points and cost of processing before you start anything. So many ppl start and got hanged on the way coz of cost or inability to make the required points.
All d best, bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by shyboy187: 5:21am On Feb 13, 2018
Mehn. Its gan b hard. I jst tot? How do i claim salary account statement? Between wat will electrical engineer realy do jn o haulage biz

Pinoralia:

-salary acct statement
-tax clearance...

Payslip, job offer letter, ID card has no hold at all coz they are easy to "dagbo".

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by shyboy187: 5:21am On Feb 13, 2018
My brothers whats the way forward for PTE? What do you guys that got 20 use to prepare? Help a brothe please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pinoralia: 8:29am On Feb 13, 2018
shyboy187:
My brothers whats the way forward for PTE? What do you guys that got 20 use to prepare? Help a brothe please

Send me a gmail account. I will share some materials with you on google drive.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:48am On Feb 13, 2018
Pinoralia:

-salary acct statement
-tax clearance...

LMAO @ "open up here"
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2018
Congratulations, Zoew.

Finally! Go and prosper.

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.