Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205397 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:45am On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks so much my Brother.
Okosay:
let me be the first to say congratulations to you and ur household..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:46am On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks so much! My God that did it for you,has done it for me!
jukeblam:

'Hif! Hif!! Hif!!!'...
Congrats to you and your family! Omo, the timeline long true true- but na past tense now!! Congrats!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:52am On Sep 04, 2016
Hahahahahahaha! Had to tell the Tory! The tin wey I suffer.....thanks ma'am! Let's see if we can give them alegacy!.
mamajaz:

Congrats brotherly I "gbadun" the Tory no be small, you sure say nah engineering stuff you studied for school abi he don tay you don dey follow Soyinka upandan for school.
Anyway, biggest congrats. Regards to madam and the lovely, fortunate kids.
Oga bellong and others thank you ohhhhh!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:55am On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks mate! Hmmmmmm, na im be say you no read my write up! Get a letter from his university stating that he was taught and examined in English.
almubby:
Hello Bellong,

Please, is it required that my spouse write any English test even when I'm not claiming point for partner skill qualification? On what condition is a proof of functional english required?
Thanks for your anticipated response.

@Ifexsco, congratulations!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:58am On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks so much BOSS! I bale for you! You know how many of my mails you have had to respond to! I go still worry you o smiley
bellong:

This is not true..

@Sophyrocks,

Which university did you finish from?

@Ifexsco,

Wonderful... Congratulations..

I am very happy to hear the news... I wish you goodluck in the land
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 3:02am On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks mate! The BP wan shoot out the roof!smiley Thank God we have seen the postive outcome!
oknee:

Congratulations .I confess I was one of those that lost hope when you made the miscalculation about the score. Your BP must have consistently high. Thank God it is over.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:45am On Sep 04, 2016
Ifexsco:
Thanks so much BOSS! I bale for you! You know how many of my mails you have had to respond to! I go still worry you o smiley

No wahala... At your service
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by flgd: 4:32am On Sep 04, 2016
flgd:
Hello house,

Have read the thread from the ist page but need clarification.

My details r thus...
B.sc physics
8.5 years experience in operations in a bank.

Considering the disparity in my degree to my occupation is it advisable to apply stating occupation as accountant?

Kindly assist with most suitable occupation skills to choose.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:25am On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=flgd post=49054277][/quote]

NO not advisable... There's no correlation between banking operations and accountant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:50am On Sep 04, 2016
chuckdee13:
. no ITA from NSW yet...still on it smiley
Eerm, was wondering why you didn't assess with engineering Technologist, so it would have saved you this long wait for State nomination?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 6:10am On Sep 04, 2016
Congrats Ifexsco
Your timeline no be here o
I can imagine what would have been going through your mind everyday during the wait.
Even aspiring folks like us are still feeling the pressure. Hopefully, we ll all celebrate in due time.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=bellong post=49053311]

@ bellong I hail but with all due respect u know better cos vetassess....Lemme cross my leg learn but my experience with vetassess naim I try pass across..

/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:00am On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=Okosay post=49055355][/quote]

I agree with you that VETASSES is crazy with qualification assessment of some universities in Nigeria. They have some universities they assess positive while some are negative.

I know where you are coming from, but not all universities get assessed negatively. I was assessed by VETASSES and some others, we got positive assessment with our Bachelor degree.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 04, 2016
Sophyrocks:

The highest i have is Msc Parasitology which is leaning towards Public health. My experience in it
is not paid so thats out. My bsc is in zoology.

I want to understand something. How does one know if his/her bsc is equivalent to AQF diploma? I never saw anything like that on vetassess site.
secondly, i was thinking of nominating aquaculture farmer since i have just one year experience in that occupation. Peeps with zoology degree also work in the agricultural sector that has to do with animal breeding because they are related. Well i guess vetassess may disagree. By the way, i dnt intend claiming points for work experience
.Thanks.
well I applied for advisory assessment with vetassess and it was stated on the outcome. Maybe my case could be different. Oga bellong discredited the information however Aquaculture is it under vetassess group A occupation?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 04, 2016
bellong:

I agree with you that VETASSES is crazy with qualification assessment of some universities in Nigeria. They have some universities they assess positive while some are negative.

I know where you are coming from, but not all universities get assessed negatively. I was assessed by VETASSES and some others, we got positive assessment with our Bachelor degree.
oga bellong with one year work experience in a not relevant occupation as the case above? Hmmm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2016
bellong:

@bellong, other gurus: We are putting documents together so that my wife can be assessed as an Accountant by one of the 3 professional bodies, that is CPA, CA and IPA.

My own qualifications and experience seem to match Financial Institution Branch Manager meaning that it is not under SOL but CSOL.

My question is this: is it necessary that I get my assessment done by VETASSES first before we submit EOI? Will it really make much difference to our scores? I don't want to be the cause of the delay in our application since it has been said that the Accountants slot gets filled up quickly.

Your advice/guidance is needed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Ifexsco:
Thanks so much my Brother.
congrats my bro. God will see you through. I seek God favor for me too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2016
Ifexsco:
The Grant with the longest timeline has arrived!!!
The timeline is as follows;
10th December, 2014; sent in my application to Engineer Australia for assessment
5th April, 2015; Got a positive assessment, dated 2nd March.
6th April; submitted an EOI
10th April: received an ITA. The speed made me wonder if the thing na real!
22nd May; lodged my application. Made the payment but wasn’t able to upload documents because my immi account was acting up.
I discovered Nairaland and through the discussions, I discovered I had made a HUGE error- had claimed some prequalification job experience. My points should actually be 60 and not 65. E-family had given me HBP with their comments that I had made a BOGUS claim and therefore jeopardized my application. However, of all these comments, Manmeta said I will be fine…..that he can feel it within his bones. This singular comment did a lot to calm me down.
25th June; by the direction of NNBB abi Bellong, I wrote DIPB a love letter making a passionate appeal for my points to tb corrected to 60. I stated it was an error done in ignorance and not a BOGUS claim.
13th July; they responded saying that it has been noted.
17th July; I was assigned a CO and he requested for documents and medicals. Remembered I was not able to upload my documents. I had put medicals on hold to see the outcome of my plea. I requested for my immi account to be repaired, still gave issues but one day it opened and I was able to upload the docs.
4th August; I and my family went for medicals
4th September; 1st request for outstanding documents! They asked for my form 80 and F1221. I sent the docs as email attachments. They first mail had omitted these forms, I resent it. They got the second mail and yet only decided to open the first one!
11th September; they sent a mail requesting to correct my score from 65 to 60. They said they agree it was an unintentional error. I sharperly consented! At this point my BP normalized…
24th September; 2nd request for outstanding documents! Asking for form 80 and F1221 AGAIN! I discovered they don’t check their mails so I resulted to calling them asap after I have sent a document. However, they also requested for my wife’s evidence of functional English as her certificates submitted is not a proof that the courses were taught and examined in English. Na vernacular we dey use learn for Nigeria
The letter for proof of functional English took 4 weeks to obtain. UNICAL and una registrar I tire for una!
27th November; 3rd request for outstanding documents! They asked for my CV. I had attached it earlier but as usual….. They also asked for my wife’s transcript. Remembering what I passed through to get a simple letter, I acted wisely. I contacted a friend working in the university where my wife was doing her Msc and we were able to retrieve her transcript from the PG school and I photocopied it. Sharp guy!!
28th January 2016; 4th request for outstanding documents! I tire for this people! They asked I should provide the following; address (including street number) for 2 work places I had claimed (I had written only the city where they were situated), Name of family business which I was involved in. (it was a road side unregistered and nameless shop), show evidence of how I supported myself financially during my Msc abroad. Na wa! They thought I had worked during my Msc. I found the electronic receipt of my school fees paid by my father; I sent it as I didn’t have any bank statement for that period.
During all this my wife got pregnant. We thought the grant will come out and we could leave by March. We never heard anything up till March 21st when we put the application on hold.
15th April; they wrote saying my application was decision ready. They informed me of the advantage of delivering the baby onshore and asked for my wife’s due date.
15th June; requested for my application to be reopened. Our baby had arrived May 17th.
23rd June; they requested the baby to go for medicals.
8th July; the baby’s medicals was done and submitted.
2nd September; THE

189 GRANT LANDED for myself, wife and two kids!!!! It has been a dogged journey. It took a lot of will power, PERIODS of despair, anxiety (waking up every night to check mails and so many of those days, they was no mail!). Hope someone will learn from my mistakes. But above all, I believe God allowed it to be so for a reason.
My appreciation goes to God almighty, BossLadyMo, NNBB, Oga Bellong, Manmeta, Izykvision, etc.
The land of Oz, here we come!

Congratulations bro,wish you success in your promise land

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:06am On Sep 04, 2016
40manlappy,

She can assess with CA as suggested by accountants on the thread.

Your assessment and IELTS can only add 5marks.. I don't think it is that necessary except you guys really need it but you should know that VETASSES assessment takes minimum of 12weeks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2016
Congratulations

Ifexsco:
10th December, 2014; sent in my application to Engineer Australia for assessment
22nd May; lodged my application. Made the payment but wasn’t able to upload documents because my immi account was acting up.
I discovered Nairaland and through the discussions, I discovered I had made a HUGE error- had claimed some prequalification job experience. My points should actually be 60 and not 65. E-family had given me HBP with their comments that I had made a BOGUS claim and therefore jeopardized my application. However, of all these comments, Manmeta said I will be fine…..that he can feel it within his bones. This singular comment did a lot to calm me down.
25th June; by the direction of NNBB abi Bellong, I wrote DIPB a love letter making a passionate appeal for my points to tb corrected to 60. I stated it was an error done in ignorance and not a BOGUS claim.
17th July; I was assigned a CO and he requested for documents and medicals. Remembered I was not able to upload my documents. I had put medicals on hold to see the outcome of my plea. I requested for my immi account to be repaired, still gave issues but one day it opened and I was able to upload the docs.
4th September; 1st request for outstanding documents! They asked for my form 80 and F1221. I sent the docs as email attachments. They first mail had omitted these forms, I resent it. They got the second mail and yet only decided to open the first one!
11th September; they sent a mail requesting to correct my score from 65 to 60. They said they agree it was an unintentional error. I sharperly consented! At this point my BP normalized…
24th September; 2nd request for outstanding documents! Asking for form 80 and F1221 AGAIN! I discovered they don’t check their mails so I resulted to calling them asap after I have sent a document. However, they also requested for my wife’s evidence of functional English as her certificates submitted is not a proof that the courses were taught and examined in English. Na vernacular we dey use learn for Nigeria
The letter for proof of functional English took 4 weeks to obtain. UNICAL and una registrar I tire for una!
27th November; 3rd request for outstanding documents! They asked for my CV. I had attached it earlier but as usual….. They also asked for my wife’s transcript. Remembering what I passed through to get a simple letter, I acted wisely. I contacted a friend working in the university where my wife was doing her Msc and we were able to retrieve her transcript from the PG school and I photocopied it. Sharp guy!!
28th January 2016; 4th request for outstanding documents! I tire for this people! They asked I should provide the following; address (including street number) for 2 work places I had claimed (I had written only the city where they were situated), Name of family business which I was involved in. (it was a road side unregistered and nameless shop), show evidence of how I supported myself financially during my Msc abroad. Na wa! They thought I had worked during my Msc. I found the electronic receipt of my school fees paid by my father; I sent it as I didn’t have any bank statement for that period.
During all this my wife got pregnant. We thought the grant will come out and we could leave by March. We never heard anything up till March 21st when we put the application on hold.
15th April; they wrote saying my application was decision ready. They informed me of the advantage of delivering the baby onshore and asked for my wife’s due date.
15th June; requested for my application to be reopened. Our baby had arrived May 17th.
2nd September; THE 189 GRANT LANDED for myself, wife and two kids!!!! It has been a dogged journey. It took a lot of will power, PERIODS of despair, anxiety (waking up every night to check mails and so many of those days, they was no mail!). Hope someone will learn from my mistakes. But above all, I believe God allowed it to be so for a reason.
My appreciation goes to God almighty, BossLadyMo, NNBB, Oga Bellong, Manmeta, Izykvision, etc.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:52am On Sep 04, 2016
jukeblam:

Skip the skilled employment assessment; the degree assessment is very adequate. Having your work experience asssessed positive by EA doesn't really add much value; DIBP will still perform a verification (if they choose to) when the visa application is made.

Just save that work assessment fee and use some place else.

Wait o, Oga Jukeblam I don confuse small.

Are u saying we should only pay for the CDR assessment? The one of $750?

When me I don dey try gather for the one with relevant skilled employment assessment $1030 because I'm claiming 5 years work experience

Bosses pls clarify

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:58am On Sep 04, 2016
Ifexsco,

Please, did you claim points for your spouse's qualifications?

Wondering why they needed verification from her school. Or is that part of the process at DIPB?

Pls shed more light
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 11:53am On Sep 04, 2016
Okosay:
the Ogas won't answer this kind question buh lemme help you kindly go to page 0 and read up u will discover that u never read anything before u dey find help and dis my opinion will stand even if oga bellong see ur question.lol

OK....thanks.....am trying to glance tru it especially anyone assessed by EA...will come back for questions.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks man. God go do am for everybody... God is able to do eceeding, abundantly, above all we ask or think of Him!
mctowel01:
Congrats Ifexsco
Your timeline no be here o
I can imagine what would have been going through your mind everyday during the wait.
Even aspiring folks like us are still feeling the pressure. Hopefully, we ll all celebrate in due time.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
It will happen for you too. Thanks so much mate!
WinningSun:

congrats my bro. God will see you through. I seek God favor for me too.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 12:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
Thanks and Amen to the prayer!
bblessed:

Congratulations bro,wish you success in your promise land
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
I didnt claim points for her. You have to prove your spouse has functional English skills, that's a DIBP requirement. One way to do that is to get a letter from the school.
jamson:
Ifexsco,

Please, did you claim points for your spouse's qualifications?

Wondering why they needed verification from her school. Or is that part of the process at DIPB?

Pls shed more light

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
Congratulations boss. I wish u and d family all d best in the next phase.
Ifexsco:
2nd September; THE 189 GRANT LANDED for myself, wife and two kids!!!! It has been a dogged journey. It took a lot of will power, PERIODS of despair, anxiety (waking up every night to check mails and so many of those days, they was no mail!). Hope someone will learn from my mistakes. But above all, I believe God allowed it to be so for a reason.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
I feel it depends on you. Based on ur points calculation, you can tell if u meet the 60 minimum points requirement. if however, u still need work experience points, u may go for Ea work and skills assessment.Dibp may consider it, but it isn't binding. I'd advise u follow Jukeblam and just do education assessment only. Focus on getting 20 points from English skills, be it ielts, toefl, or pte.
jamson:

When me I don dey try gather for the one with relevant skilled employment assessment $1030 because I'm claiming 5 years work experience

Bosses pls clarify

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ifexsco,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
jamson:

Bosses pls clarify

Yes, that is what I am saying. If you claim points on the visa application for your 5 years experience, DIBP will still be the one to conduct employment verification.

However, please pay for EA fast-track so you don't spend months waiting for your assessment result.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jukeblam, Sammywemmy,

Thanks a lot guys. You just saved like 100k for me. Information is power!!

Na fast track sure pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.