Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207581 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:35am On Sep 24, 2016
@toslad,

I believe you can get a bumped up score considering your performance in other areas.

Go for it.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 2:57am On Sep 24, 2016
Check ielts website for exact info about remark time.i think it is 3 weeks, but ielts will have beta info.
toslad:

Thank you Omoge,

Thank you 40manlappy, Sammywemmy and OmogeNG!

I am so grateful!

I am considering PTE too basically because I am considering another assessment with ICAA but I just feel I can get better in Writing! If for nothing, to prove a point. @40manlappy, how long did your wife's remarking take?

I wont mind saving up for the remarking cos the thing pain me - I even requested for extra-sheet!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kubbiebrownie(f): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2016
40manlappy:

You should see it now that I have responded. Thanks.

I have sent the syllabus.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 8:11am On Sep 24, 2016
kubbiebrownie:

I have sent the syllabus.

Good morning, received. I have also acknowledged your email. Thanks a great deal Ma'am smiley

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2016
@toslad,

I believe you can get a bumped up score considering your performance in other areas.

Go for it.

Seconded.

May I suggest that you should adhere to this advice by checking IELTS website immediately. Disregard my speculation of 8 weeks please.

Recall that I said that you should confirm. All the best!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 2:16am On Sep 25, 2016
My advisory service response

1. Bachelor of Science in Estate Management from the Nnamdi Azikiwe Univerversity, Awka, Nigeria (5 years)

Using the published guidelines that we refer to for assessing Nigerian qualifications against the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), it is likely that the above qualification would be assessed at AQF Bachelor degree level. An AQF bachelor degree meets the educational level required for all occupations currently assessed by VETASSESS for Skills Assessment purposes.

Area of Study:

Estate Management

It is likely that the above qualification would be assessed positively against the occupation of Valuer.

Conclusion:

Based on the evidence provided, it appears likely you would be assessed positively against the occupation of Valuer (ANZSCO 224512). This opinion is due primarily to the underpinning qualification and the following task performance during employment with Bleep, however, it is also dependent upon the requirement that the majority of the employment is focussed on tasks that are highly relevant to the nominated occupation for at least 20 hours per week and not focussed on less relevant tasks such as on the marketing and auction of land (as described as task 11 on the statement of service out of 12 tasks) which would not be assessed as relevant to the nominated occupation.

Not Tested:

The above advice is provided for pre-assessment purposes only and is based on summary information provided by the applicant. The information submitted has not yet been tested or subjected to any external research processes and/ or integrity checking. Therefore, the views expressed via our Advisory Service do not guarantee a positive skills assessment outcome.

Opinion Only:

Please note that the above is an opinion only and that applicants are entitled to apply for an assessment against any occupation currently assessed under our authority if they feel they are able to provide sufficient evidence that would likely support a positive assessment outcome against current occupation requirements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by flgd: 5:13am On Sep 25, 2016
Hello,

Please how do I apply for the advisory services?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2016
flgd:
Hello,
Please how do I apply for the advisory services?
it is closed you have to go for full assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by STOWHY: 11:05am On Sep 25, 2016
chidike:
My advisory service response

1. Bachelor of Science in Estate Management from the Nnamdi Azikiwe Univerversity, Awka, Nigeria (5 years)

Using the published guidelines that we refer to for assessing Nigerian qualifications against the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), it is likely that the above qualification would be assessed at AQF Bachelor degree level. An AQF bachelor degree meets the educational level required for all occupations currently assessed by VETASSESS for Skills Assessment purposes.

Area of Study:

Estate Management

It is likely that the above qualification would be assessed positively against the occupation of Valuer.

Conclusion:

Based on the evidence provided, it appears likely you would be assessed positively against the occupation of Valuer (ANZSCO 224512). This opinion is due primarily to the underpinning qualification and the following task performance during employment with Bleep, however, it is also dependent upon the requirement that the majority of the employment is focussed on tasks that are highly relevant to the nominated occupation for at least 20 hours per week and not focussed on less relevant tasks such as on the marketing and auction of land (as described as task 11 on the statement of service out of 12 tasks) which would not be assessed as relevant to the nominated occupation.

Not Tested:

The above advice is provided for pre-assessment purposes only and is based on summary information provided by the applicant. The information submitted has not yet been tested or subjected to any external research processes and/ or integrity checking. Therefore, the views expressed via our Advisory Service do not guarantee a positive skills assessment outcome.

Opinion Only:

Please note that the above is an opinion only and that applicants are entitled to apply for an assessment against any occupation currently assessed under our authority if they feel they are able to provide sufficient evidence that would likely support a positive assessment outcome against current occupation requirements.

YOUR MAKING PROGRESS MY BROTHER....JUST THAT YOU HAVE REFUSED TO RESPOND TO MY PM .....i studied estate management too
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 11:12am On Sep 25, 2016
But the ielts score required by the assessing body os not in my favour, is there any other way out? quote author=OmogeNG post=49596724]

You are very lucky. You have 2 occupations to choose from...Secondary School Teacher and Chemist.

No. You can't count your teaching work experience. Only work experience as a Chemist, relevant work experience, counts.

Remember, there are 2 states open to Chemists. WA and VIC. WA requires at least 3yrs relevant work experience. VIC requires about 2 at least, but are VERY PICKY. [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chiamo(m): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
Can someone here please advise me.
I want my 21 years old daughter who has a National Certificate in Hair Dressing and Cosmetology to go to Australia or Canada to study more on this vocation and also work there.
What are the steps I should take to achieve this goal.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by JimsSG(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
malkinburg:
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.

Hi please do you have/know anyone in Brisbane who can help with accommodation for someone just arriving, I'll be arriving on the 12th of October
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
I have replied
STOWHY:

YOUR MAKING PROGRESS MY BROTHER....JUST THAT YOU HAVE REFUSED TO RESPOND TO MY PM .....i studied estate management too
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
chidike:
I have replied
Hi bro, pls when did you apply for d advisory service. I applied august 29 and im yet to get any response from them. Thanks brfo.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
metrecube:

Hi bro, pls when did you apply for d advisory service. I applied September 29 and im yet to get any response from them. Thanks bro.
August 17
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
chidike:

August 17
Thanks. They should get back to me next week then. Will pm you bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by occie3: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Please does anyone living in australia now have any idea of the cost of child care age 0-5, that I mean informal daycare, family arrangements etc. I have done my research and formal child care seems to be expensive.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2016
occie3:
Please does anyone living in australia now have any idea of the cost of child care age 0-5, that I mean informal daycare, family arrangements etc. I have done my research and formal child care seems to be expensive.

Family day care cost is between $5 -$11/hr depending on location and person offering it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by steroid: 11:25am On Sep 26, 2016
Fellow Nlanders

I'll like to make enquiries about migrating to Australia

I have a B.sc in business administration and
an MBA in marketing
and currently pursuing an international diploma in Logistics and transport
I have been working for over 4 years as a supply and distribution manager in Nigeria
What are my chances of getting a PR?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
Good day gurus,

I just received positive assessment from vetassess after waiting for 28 working days even though I went through advisory service.

They reduced my work experience from 6 years to 3.3 with this I only got 5 point from them.

Am now left with 50 point overall instead of 55 hoping northern territory will add the remaining 5 point for 190 visa

Happy with mixed feelings
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
utcheylee:
Good day gurus,

I just received positive assessment from vetassess after waiting for 28 working days even though I went through advisory service.

They reduced my work experience from 6 years to 3.3 with this I only got 5 point from them.

Am now left with 50 point overall instead of 55 hoping northern territory will add the remaining 5 point for 190 visa

Happy with mixed feelings
Well done, your hope will not be dashed oh!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by angiesteve: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
@Utcheylee, keep the hope alive! What is your breakdown for the score of 50? Any opportunities to up your scores? Partner skills or English test?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by occie3: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
bellong:

Family day care cost is between $5 -$11/hr depending on location and person offering it.

Thanks Bellong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
Amen thank you.

mamajaz:

Well done, your hope will not be dashed oh!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
Thanks, I have told my husband he will write Pte test to make up for the 5point grin

angiesteve:
@Utcheylee, keep the hope alive! What is your breakdown for the score of 50? Any opportunities to up your scores? Partner skills or English test?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2016
utcheylee:
Thanks, I have told my husband he will write Pte test to make up for the 5point grin

And he has to do assessment too. Why not try to ace your English proficiency test. That would save him the stress and it's far cost effective.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello everybody, its really being enlightening reading thru this thread from page 0. I would like to ask the following questions on behalf of a friend.
Background:
He has a degree in Agriculture (Crop production) from Fed Uni of Tech, Minna.
Targets on getting points from Age, Qualification and English test (20) only:65pts
However, requires one year experience according to VETASESS.
He is nominating an Agricultural scientist occupation and is working in an Agricultural based company (crop-protection products, farm input(seeds, fertilizers) and provision of agriculture-related services) but in the sales/marketing dept[size=8pt][/size].
My questions:
1. If he is able to match the job description needed by ANSZCO, do you think that he stands a chance at being assessed positively? one of his bosses is willing to sign his employment reference letter highlighting 5 main duties which will highly correlate with what ANSZCO requires but are not his current job description.
2. Should official transcript be arranged for, before paying for skill assessment or after?
3. If after getting an ITA, can his spouse also go along with him if a court certificate is produced so the visa can be lodged prior to their main wedding ceremony?

Thanks in anticipation of ur responses
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
Dont worry jare I have gone to read the thing my self chai I can't go through this vetassess again oooo

My points goes like this:

Age - 25
Education ( unizk) under AQF 10 point
Skills 3.3 yrs - 5
English pte in view dont know if I will Ace it ;Dgave myself a 10 cheesy

Others in God hand although I don't mind my 489 than to Tanda for naija. grin

Abeg am not clear on this I thought only his English test can fetch me the 5 point must he assess his skills too?

This one Na another delayooo because Na vetassess he will use.

Please clarify this.

Thank you

SUJYDEE:

And he has to do assessment too. Why not try to ace your English proficiency test. That would save him the stress and it's far cost effective.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
utcheylee,

He has to assess his skills and qualifications, though he will be assessed as a secondary applicant so much is not expected of him to get a positive outcome.

With a positive outcome in assessment and a proficiency score in any English test he is good to go. I even read somewhere that a Functional English letter will suffice.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hello guys, my wife has five years experience as a Customer Service Representative in a contact centre with one of the telecommunications companies operating in Nigeria but I have been finding it difficult to match her skills/occupation with any of those on CSOL.

Can I nominate the Customer Service Manager or the Call/contact centre manager on her behalf or.....simply nothing for her...?

Please advise accordingly.
Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vinoc: 8:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
I have been following this group for quite sometime now, and I must commend you guys. I will be writing my IELTS next month cos I believe that's the first step.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by vinoc: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
yoctek:
Oga bellong and other gurus in the house, I need your opinion on this biko!!

I got my transcript through my friend's office secretary since EA does not accept transcripts directly from institutions.
Now, the challenge is that the transcript's cover letter is addressed to the secretary and not EA. Is this going to be acceptable to EA? If not, can I just upload the transcript without the cover letter?

Please advice!
Transcript is Transcript. I. don't think it will be a problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.