Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins (23302 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Confession Of Sexual Sins At Bishop Obinim's Church By Members (Video) / 30 Church Meme's Every Christian Can Relate With During Service (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by goingape: 1:27am On Apr 18, 2016
promise101:

Hahahahahahahaha, please go and start reading your bible!

You failed it!

He died in a battle? Who killed him?

Please stop!

"And Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and braced himself against them, the one with his right hand and the other with his left. And Samson said, “LET ME DIE with the Philistines!” And he bent with all his might so that the house fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he killed in his life." (NASB) Judges 16:29-30.

It is like, a christian who is kidnapped by boko haram, mistakenly gets hold on a bomb and planted it on his body and blows himself up together with the terrorist. He killed himself and his enemies and yet was counted unto righteousness by faith.

What do you have to say about that?
I told you before!

I'm not a guy who keep ARUGING on stuff like this.

Think whatever you want. Afterall you are a human.

Thank you
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by promise101: 1:37am On Apr 18, 2016
goingape:
I told you before!

I'm not a guy who keep ARUGING on stuff like this.

Think whatever you want. Afterall you are a human.

Thank you
Sorry bro,

It is not my fault, but you better stay away from something you don't know, only to screw your self out.
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by goingape: 1:41am On Apr 18, 2016
promise101:

Sorry bro,

It is not my fault, but you better stay away from something you don't know, only to screw your self out.
you sound like a woman.

Have a nice day.
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by VictorRomanov: 6:47am On Apr 18, 2016
promise101:

Please, stop stylishly shying away.

Allow the questions to expose you ignorance, or are you afraid?

There is absolutely nothing to answer and I will tell you why.

I asked the op, after reading his piece on sexual imorality, if one should keep repeating the cycle of sinning and repenting. Sinning in this context being sexual sins, cos that was the subject on considering.

Out of no where, u came in, branded me a false teacher, holier than thou, self righteous, and a hypocrite. Huh? For what cause? For simply asking the op if one should keep repeating the cycle of commiting sexual sins and repenting.

You went on to foolishly ask if I am perfectly sinless. and I find that ridiculous because from all my posts on this thread so far, I never made mention of one being perfectly sinless to be declared righteous by God. I only asked the op if one should go on repeating the cycling of sinning sexually and repenting. ( at this point I should add a few details which probably u could not comprehend: sexually sins committed by a born again christians are always almost intentional. 1 He knows what God says about it. 2. He knows what he should do to avoid it. Perhaps because of fleshly weakness he falls into sin. He feels remorse, and makes amend by asking forgiveness and striving not to repeat his sins.)

I deliberately decided to show you in practical terms what it means to sin on purpose and ask for forgiveness. The point which you finally got, but still go on to ask irrelevant questions which has nothing to do with the either the subject matter or the question I asked the OP.

Ah! I give up. Maybe u quoted the wrong person. Even at that, by now you should have known. But you still insist on asking irrelevant questions. For what purpose? Maybe to argue, or maybe just crass foolishness or inability to comprehend, I don't know.
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by captianfreeman(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2016
promise101:

My friend, whether you continue or not, that is not my business.

The truth is that you are not justified because you don't commit sin or that you are trying to righteous by works or that you are claiming sinless perfection, rather you are justified because of the faith you have in the finished work of christ which took place in your place, even WITHOUT THE DEED OF THE LAW.

No wonder we have all manner of evil , going on in the body of christ. All because of false teaching.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men ,after the rudiments of the world, and not after christ. Col 2:8
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Sirmee:

My boss introduced me to his ministry four years ago, ever since then my Christian has been so awesome.
I have read few of his books (Unmerited Favor, Destined To Reign and Grace Revolution). I also subscribed to his newsletter where I receive Daily email, I also often visit his Web Josephprince.org and I hardly miss any of his programme on Daystar and the new rejuvenated TBN.
How about you? How do you came in contact with his ministry?
wow! Excellent! .. As for me I came in contact with his ministry through my elder sister,she was always watching him when she came around, so I got interested because he wasn't religious, he was simple nd sounded true. I had just finished my secondary sch, so I wasn't really spiritually inclined so to speak, I was some young boy with an empty field waiting for seeds to be planted on field(mind). I thank God that the right seed was sown. If not, hmmm. The ideas I had then were inspired by the conventional way of living. This was four years ago nd I Still watch him and read his books until now!

1 Like

Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2016
VictorRomanov:

The circle continue if we want it to. Its a matter of choice! The Grace is not to go on sinning. The grace is to have power over sin.

lemme get yu correctly Yu r now above sin/sinning
Yu no longer sin right?
yu r now perfect?
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by VictorRomanov: 8:42am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by VictorRomanov: 8:44am On Apr 18, 2016
moski5:

Yu no longer sin right?
yu r now perfect?

It doesn't make you perfect. It enables you to avoid sinning intentionally, even if the urge to do so is very strong!

For example. I know a chronic womanizer but who is now celibate for 2yrs and counting. He is not perfect cause through conversation u notice that lust in him coupled with some words he says sometimes. But he makes a constant effort to avoid going back to what he has left. Considering his background, u'll know its not by his strength he is able to do so.
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 8:53am On Apr 18, 2016
VictorRomanov:

It doesn't make you perfect. It enables you to avoid sinning intentionally, even if the urge to do so is very strong!

For example. I know a chronic womanizer but who is now celibate for 2yrs and counting. He is not perfect cause through conversation u notice that lust in him coupled with some words he says sometimes. But he makes a constant effort to avoid going back to what he has left. Considering his background, u'll know its not by his strength he is able to do so.

yu didn't answer my question
my question came from your response to smtin I said, do answer thanks
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 9:00am On Apr 18, 2016
obixcel:
Accidental sins could be any, and I mean any sin dat u are being caught up with unprepared and dat overwhelms u @ ur weakest point, dis is as a result of carelessness and prayerlessness on d part of d individual, dats why Jesus warned,Watch and pray dat u fall not into temptation. dats what I mean. There are no specific sins, it could be any, e.g Lying, as common as it is, Peter denied Jesus @ d point he wasn't expecting or prepared for it despite Jesus had already warned him, But Jesus assured him he had already prayed for him.

I wanted to make a point
Sin is sin ... its done intentionally
it may b dt d flesh is weak, one is not prayerful nonetheless
Sin is done intentionally
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by VictorRomanov: 9:02am On Apr 18, 2016
moski5:

Yu no longer sin right?
yu r now perfect?

VictorRomanov:

For example. I know a chronic womanizer but who is now celibate for 2yrs and counting. He is not perfect cause through conversation u notice that lust in him coupled with some words he says sometimes. But he makes a constant effort to avoid going back to what he has left. Considering his background, u'll know [b]its not by his strength [/b]he is able to do so.

moski5:

yu didn't answer my question
my question came from your response to smtin I said, do answer thanks

I believe I answered your question perfectly. Since you couldn't figure it out, lemme make it bold for you
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2016
VictorRomanov:

I believe I answered your question perfectly. Since you couldn't figure it out, lemme make it bold for you

we got here from wat I said earlier

THE CIRCLE CONTINUES

I don't know if its yu I responded to nonetheless I'll repeat it here

THERE'S NO ACCIDENTAL SIN
ALL SINS ARE VERY INTENTIONAL

ITS GRACE THAT KEEPS US RIGHTEOUS ELSE we are sinners
yu sin daily
All mankind sin daily
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by VictorRomanov: 9:14am On Apr 18, 2016
moski5:

we got here from wat I said earlier

THE CIRCLE CONTINUES

I don't know if its yu I responded to nonetheless I'll repeat it here

THERE'S NO ACCIDENTAL SIN
ALL SINS ARE VERY INTENTIONAL

ITS GRACE THAT KEEPS US RIGHTEOUS ELSE we are sinners
yu sin daily
All mankind sin daily

Agree with the fact that we sin everyday. However the bible gives example people who sin, without knowing that what they did is wrong, until when they were corrected. One of such is the case in Jonah 4:11. Please do read and tell me what u understand!
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 9:26am On Apr 18, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Agree with the fact that we sin everyday. However the bible gives example people who sin, without knowing that what they did is wrong, until when they were corrected. One of such is the case in Jonah 4:11. Please do read and tell me what u understand!

Nineveh is a city filled with unbelievers

this discuss is between believers else I wouldn't ve said anything
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by VictorRomanov: 9:32am On Apr 18, 2016
moski5:

Nineveh is a city filled with unbelievers

this discuss is between believers else I wouldn't ve said anything

The principle applies. They were humans same as believers are. That you re a believer doesn't make you any more or less. Now the difference is that a believer have the knowledge of what God requires of him unlike the ninevites. However, there are situations were a believe does something bad before he is even aware of it. Read Galatians 6:1
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by ozimec(m): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2016
DivineSpp:
1. Remind yourself of who you are in Christ and what has been made available to you through Christ’s finished work on the cross.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for possession… – 2 Peter 2:9 (MKJV)
And You (God) made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth. – Revelation 5:10 (MKJV)
…much more surely will those who receive [God's] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ – Romans 5:17 (AMP)

2. Meditate on the truth that you are dead indeed to sin’s condemnation, guilt, judgement and curse just in the same way Jesus died to sin once for all.

For by the death He died, He died to sin… once for all; and the life that He lives, He is living to God... Even so consider yourselves also dead to sin…, but alive to God… in Christ Jesus. – Romans 6:10-11 (AMP)

3. Be conscious of the fact the God has brought you into a position of righteousness where whatever you do (good or bad), God still sees you righteous.

For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (Christ Jesus). – 2 Corinthians 5:21 (MKJV)

4. Be confident that God has completely forgiven all your sins (past, present and future sins).

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace… - Ephesians 1:7 (MKJV)
Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities (sins)... Psalm 103:3 (AMP)
their sins and their iniquities I will remember no more. – Hebrews 10:17 (MKJV)

5. Keep confessing that Jesus’ obedience (not your performance or obedience) has made you righteous until the reality of this good news gets into every fibre of your being.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One (Jesus Christ) shall many be made righteous. – Romans 5:19 (MKJV)

6. Now, you are empowered to go and sin no more and to start living a life of holiness.

…even so now yield your members as slaves to righteousness unto holiness. – Romans 6:19 (MKJV)
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under Law, but under grace. – Romans 6:14 (MKJV)

Note: God hates all sins including sexual sin. I am also vehemently against sin and I am 100% for holiness. Making continuous practice of sin will harden your heart towards God. But you can only overcome sin until you are always conscious of who you are in Christ and the provisions God has made available to you in Him. When you know and believe God has nothing against you because He has forgiven all your sins before you ever committed them, you will lose every desire to indulge in sexual immorality. In fact, the act will be so disgusting to you.

The grace of God is not a license to sin but it empowers you to live above sin. It is even more than enough to overcome sin. We just have to embrace it.
When you believe right, you will always live right!

You are blessed. Happy Sunday shocked

. Be confident that God has completely forgiven all your sins (past, present and future sins).

So one should go on and keep sinning right?
This must be coming from the pits of hell. Brother repent and sin no more. Proverb 28:13 says " He that covereth his sins shall not prosper but, whosoever confesses and forsake them shall obtain mercy" Also the in Hebrews 10:26 It says "If we sin deliberately after we have received the knowledge of the truth. There
remaineth no more sacrifice for sin. Thank you

1 Like

Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by DivineSpp(m): 11:15am On Apr 18, 2016
Hello guys,

I'm so sorry that I couldn't respond to all the questions asked on the topic. It's due to my busy schedule.

Kindly check out below my previous post on the step-by-step process of living above sexual sins in the life of a Christian.

https://www.nairaland.com/3000168/step-by-step-process-living-above-sexual

I believe it will provide answers to some of the questions.

Thank you.

Have a fruitful day smiley
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
VictorRomanov:

The principle applies. They were humans same as believers are. That you re a believer doesn't make you any more or less. Now the difference is that a believer have the knowledge of what God requires of him unlike the ninevites. However, there are situations were a believe does something bad before he is even aware of it. Read Galatians 6:1

Brothers, if a person is caught doing something wrong, those of you who are spiritual should restore that person gently. Watch out for yourself so that you are not tempted as well. isv

EasyEnglish My friends, if anyone among you cannot stop doing a certain wrong thing, you must tell him to stop. Those people in your group who understand things by God’s Spirit should tell him to stop. You should tell him what is the right thing to do. But you must be careful to be kind when you tell him. Remember that you yourself might not always be able to stop yourself doing something wrong.
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by YomaA(m): 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Alani86:

True disciples (children of God) do not promote church or man. They only promote Jesus and Heaven!

Am not promoting any church,just that his words sounded so much like teachings from BLW..dahs all
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by VictorRomanov: 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2016
moski5:

Brothers, if a person is caught doing something wrong, those of you who are spiritual should restore that person gently. Watch out for yourself so that you are not tempted as well. isv

EasyEnglish My friends, if anyone among you cannot stop doing a certain wrong thing, you must tell him to stop. Those people in your group who understand things by God’s Spirit should tell him to stop. You should tell him what is the right thing to do. But you must be careful to be kind when you tell him. Remember that you yourself might not always be able to stop yourself doing something wrong.

Brothers, even if a man takes a false step before he is aware of it, you who have spiritual qualifications try to readjust such a man in a spirit of mildness. But keep an eye on yourself, for fear you too may be tempted.
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by Amberon11: 8:48am On Apr 19, 2016
stop putting words into his mouth. he never said he was righteous. All unrighteousness is sin and all sinners shall have their place in the lake that burns with everlasting fire.

this grace message is perverted. even if everyone sins doesn't make it right. Remember it is written that we should flee sexual sins because all other sins we commit are outside the body, but when we commit sexua sins, we are defiling God's temple which is our bodies.
moski5:

lemme guess You r righteous
yu no longer commit sin
right?
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by DivineSpp(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2016
Amberon11:
stop putting words into his mouth. he never said he was righteous. All unrighteousness is sin and all sinners shall have their place in the lake that burns with everlasting fire.

this grace message is perverted. even if everyone sins doesn't make it right. Remember it is written that we should flee sexual sins because all other sins we commit are outside the body, but when we commit sexua sins, we are defiling God's temple which is our bodies.

@Amberon11, A point to note, You're right that all sinners shall have their place in the lake that burns with everlasting fire but it is not referring to believers in Christ who commits sin (by allowing their flesh to to dictate the way to act over their renewed spirit). It refers to unbelievers (sinners by nature) because they have refused to make Jesus Christ their Lord and Saviour.

As long as you've surrendered your life to Jesus Christ, you are righteous by nature. This is not based on your performance or obedience but on the perfect obedience of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:19, 2 Corinthians 5:21 and Isaiah 54:17b). When you believe you've been made righteous by Christ obedience, the Holy Spirit in you will help you to live righteously and people will testify that you are a true follower of Jesus Christ. You might make mistakes sometimes but God will restore you into His fellowship when you come to him.

Also, when you believe who you are in Christ and what He has provided for you through His finished works at the cross, you will be empowered to flee sexual sins. You can't achieve that by just discipline yourself but through the empowerment of the Spirit that comes by believing the right good news of Christ.

When you believe right, you will live right.

You're blessed!
Have a productive day sad
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 7:19am On Apr 21, 2016
Amberon11:

you're condemning a message you don't understand hmmmm
Anyways I hope b4 yu replied you followed read and understood My point, I said its goes on and on paraphrasing now that all men sin n 'forgiveness is required daily, don't remember his exact reply Though it prompted me to Ask if he has Attained perfection

I repeat No man is Perfect,
There's no man Alive on earth Without sin/sinning
Its HIS MERCY N GRACE that keeps us Righteous (not works)
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by Amberon11: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2016
It is written

1 John 3: 8 He who sins is of the devil , for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested , that He might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin , for His seed remains in him; and He cannot sin , because He has been born of God.

No matter how long a lie is told, the truth will prevail someday. Your perverted grace message is what is leading many to hell today. Take heed of the bolded.
moski5:

you're condemning a message you don't understand hmmmm
Anyways I hope b4 yu replied you followed read and understood My point, I said its goes on and on paraphrasing now that all men sin n 'forgiveness is required daily, don't remember his exact reply Though it prompted me to Ask if he has Attained perfection

I repeat No man is Perfect,
There's no man Alive on earth Without sin/sinning
Its HIS MERCY N GRACE that keeps us Righteous (not works)
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by Amberon11: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2016
You are wrong on all levels.

Note this, Right believing will not bring about deliverance and the empowerment of the holy spirit to flee sexual sins. So what brings about the empowerment to flee sexual sins? The word of God!!

Yes, meditating on the word with all your heart, day in day out and addressing your situation with his word will release the power of the Holy Spirit and help you overcome sin.
DivineSpp:

@Amberon11, A point to note, You're right that all sinners shall have their place in the lake that burns with everlasting fire but it is not referring to believers in Christ who commits sin (by allowing their flesh to to dictate the way to act over their renewed spirit). It refers to unbelievers (sinners by nature) because they have refused to make Jesus Christ their Lord and Saviour.

As long as you've surrendered your life to Jesus Christ, you are righteous by nature. This is not based on your performance or obedience but on the perfect obedience of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:19, 2 Corinthians 5:21 and Isaiah 54:17b). When you believe you've been made righteous by Christ obedience, the Holy Spirit in you will help you to live righteously and people will testify that you are a true follower of Jesus Christ. You might make mistakes sometimes but God will restore you into His fellowship when you come to him.

Also, when you believe who you are in Christ and what He has provided for you through His finished works at the cross, you will be empowered to flee sexual sins. You can't achieve that by just discipline yourself but through the empowerment of the Spirit that comes by believing the right good news of Christ.

When you believe right, you will live right.

You're blessed!
Have a productive day sad
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by Amberon11: 8:54am On Apr 21, 2016
Don't mind that poster, he's fund of calling people all sorts of names whenever they don't have conflicting views. Joseph Prince has fed him with all manner of doctrines.
VictorRomanov:

There is absolutely nothing to answer and I will tell you why.

I asked the op, after reading his piece on sexual imorality, if one should keep repeating the cycle of sinning and repenting. Sinning in this context being sexual sins, cos that was the subject on considering.

Out of no where, u came in, branded me a false teacher, holier than thou, self righteous, and a hypocrite. Huh? For what cause? For simply asking the op if one should keep repeating the cycle of commiting sexual sins and repenting.

You went on to foolishly ask if I am perfectly sinless. and I find that ridiculous because from all my posts on this thread so far, I never made mention of one being perfectly sinless to be declared righteous by God. I only asked the op if one should go on repeating the cycling of sinning sexually and repenting. ( at this point I should add a few details which probably u could not comprehend: sexually sins committed by a born again christians are always almost intentional. 1 He knows what God says about it. 2. He knows what he should do to avoid it. Perhaps because of fleshly weakness he falls into sin. He feels remorse, and makes amend by asking forgiveness and striving not to repeat his sins.)

I deliberately decided to show you in practical terms what it means to sin on purpose and ask for forgiveness. The point which you finally got, but still go on to ask irrelevant questions which has nothing to do with the either the subject matter or the question I asked the OP.

Ah! I give up. Maybe u quoted the wrong person. Even at that, by now you should have known. But you still insist on asking irrelevant questions. For what purpose? Maybe to argue, or maybe just crass foolishness or inability to comprehend, I don't know.

Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by DivineSpp(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2016
Amberon11:
You are wrong on all levels.

Note this, Right believing will not bring about deliverance and the empowerment of the holy spirit to flee sexual sins. So what brings about the empowerment to flee sexual sins? The word of God!!

Yes, meditating on the word with all your heart, day in day out and addressing your situation with his word will release the power of the Holy Spirit and help you overcome sin.

@Amberon11, it seems you are yet to understand how to believe right.

The step-by-step process on how to believe right can be found in Joshua 1:8:

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

You can achieve right believing by repeatedly confessing and meditating on God's word until it produce a revelation of its reality in your spirit. This will help you to act it out (that's the empowerment). Then, you will burst into prosperity over sins (including sexual sins), sickness, poverty, addiction, depression, the list goes on and on.

Can you see we meant the same thing, it's just your understanding of how to believe right that is the problem.
That's why all my posts have been supported with God's word for readers to meditate on.

@Amberon11, embrace the good news about God's unmerited favour today, and you will live as kings over all negativities of life (Romans 5:17, AMP)

You're highly favoured sad
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by Maser: 11:00am On Apr 21, 2016
promise101:

Oh, because of your self-righteous, pharisee-like behaviour, you even went on to name church!

Please, sincerely reply this post with an answer to this question I am going to ask, if not, I am not going to take you serious; ARE YOU SINLESS PEFERCT? DOES GOD EXPECT SINLESS PERFECT RiGHT LIVING? If yes, NAME A SINGLE PERSON WHO LIVED UNDER SINLESS PERFECTION, except Jesus.

You're severely ignorant of what you are talking about. God can never befriend sin. No one preached grace in the Bible like the Apostle Paul, but what he says in

Galatians 5:19-21, "Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness... Those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God".

You may want to check Ephesians 5 also for further enlightenment, "But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you... "

You should have asked Paul if he was sinless when he made those comments. God cannot reduce his standards to accommodate your sexual escapades and fantasies.

Finally: If you want to follow Christ, follow him but if you still want sin, then the consequences are clear in Revelation "Lake of fire".

Please deal with your lust issues before they destroy you. The OP wants us to freely commit sin and do as if nothing happened. In order words, throw up scriptures to suppress Holy Spirit's convictions which pricks your conscience, a satanic recipe for disaster if you ask me.
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by DivineSpp(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
Maser:

You're severely ignorant of what you are talking about. God can never befriend sin. No one preached grace in the Bible like the Apostle Paul, but what he says in

Galatians 5:19-21, "Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness... Those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God".

You may want to check Ephesians 5 also for further enlightenment, "But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you... "

You should have asked Paul if he was sinless when he made those comments. God cannot reduce his standards to accommodate your sexual escapades and fantasies.

Finally: If you want to follow Christ, follow him but if you still want sin, then the consequences are clear in Revelation "Lake of fire".

Please deal with your lust issues before they destroy you. The OP wants us to freely commit sin and do as if nothing happened. In order words, throw up scriptures to suppress Holy Spirit's convictions which pricks your conscience, a satanic recipe for disaster if you ask me.

@Maser, Let me clarify few things in your comment.

You quoted Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh [/b]are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, [b]fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If you read further to verse 24,

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

You can see from the above scripture that Verse 19-21 was not addressing true Christians but unbelievers because true Christians have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. How are they crucifying the flesh? By believing and living by the word of God that addresses any work of the flesh in their lives.

Your statement that the OP wants us to freely commit sin and do as if nothing happened is not true. It means you've not been digesting all the information have been passing across through all my posts. As I have previously mentioned, Christians are not encouraged to keep living a life of sin. If you do, the devil will harden your heart and destroy your body (which is God's temple) through the deceitfulness of sin (Hebrews 2:12-13) until you start denying and rejecting Jesus Christ who you've been serving and you eventually end up in hell. That is the ultimate goal of the devil for a believer making a practice of sin; to steal, kill and destroy the life of God in you (John 10:10)

My message is a message of no condemnation God has given you through the finished works of Jesus Christ on the cross to start living a new life above sins, including sexual sins. The same message of no condemnation was preached by Jesus Christ (the author and finisher of our faith) to the woman who was caught in the act of Adultery.

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. - John 8:10-12 (KJV)

@Maser, Embrace this good news today and begin to live a life over the deceitfulness of sins.

For a Christian still struggling with sexual sins, check out below one of my previous posts on step-by-step process of overcoming sexual sins.

https://www.nairaland.com/3000168/step-by-step-process-living-above-sexual

You're blessed!
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by moski5(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Amberon11:
It is written

1 John 3: 8 He who sins is of the devil , for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested , that He might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin , for His seed remains in him; and He cannot sin , because He has been born of God.

No matter how long a lie is told, the truth will prevail someday. Your perverted grace message is what is leading many to hell today. Take heed of the bolded.

I can only surmise from your write up dt 4 some years now you haven't sinned, wow such a Righteous fellow
Do teach how that is possible
O sinless one
Re: How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins by Toluwani95: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
DivineSpp:

@Toluwani95, thanks for your question.

If you check the original Greek translation of that verse, including the whole chapter, (as you know the new testament was written in Greek), that verse was actually not written to believers. But as believers, we confess our sins not to be forgiven but because we have been forgiven.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace… - Ephesians 1:7 (MKJV)
Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities (sins)... Psalm 103:3 (AMP)
their sins and their iniquities I will remember no more. – Hebrews 10:17 (MKJV)

When you confess as a believer, you experience such a great peace in your conscience knowing God has forgiving your sins more than 2000 years ago before you ever committed them.

Also, keep confessing your righteousness in Christ until the whole truth gets into every fibre of your being.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One (Jesus Christ) shall many be made righteous. – Romans 5:19 (MKJV)
For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (Christ Jesus). – 2 Corinthians 5:21 (MKJV)

You're blessed smiley

where in the Bible is a single epistle written to different set of pple? why will 1 John 1 be to unbelievers and 1 John 2 to believers More John used "we" in vs 9......, is John also an unbeliever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! / Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2017 Prophecies / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.