Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? (14174 Views)

Poll: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love?

yes: 17% (18 votes)
No: 82% (84 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by AloyEmeka8: 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2009
Every other thing you need in a relationship is found in this person and he or she is likable but you don't love that person. Can you marry such a person?. Please vote
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by dahcom: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2009
it is the craziest thing to do for marriage determines ones life and love determines the spate of marriage.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by sweetpain: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
If the sex is right, why not. Inevitably you get to accommodate or even begin to like your dislikes.

The human mind works in mysterious ways.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Marymos: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
Never.Even if the person is very rich,intelligent,highly educated and influential.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by PurestBoy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
Why now?? As long as ego is involve
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Morizo(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2009
I would always believe in love. but GIRLS/LADIES dont usually marry for love . Only a few do. my apologies to women sha

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by MUZBO(m): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2009
Yes ofcourse, if we agree to stay married for a mutually agreed-on period, say . . .1 year.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
It varies on the Individual.
As for me, NOPE! I can't.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by ayobase(m): 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2009
marry ke?
ko jo o!
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by otukpo(f): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
NO.
But when some one is desperate, yes cld be the answer and considering that every other thing i ok, u will believe that with time, u'll come to love the person.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nija4Life(m): 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
Well for me the answer is a straight NO because I am already married to someone I truly loved and who also loves me. Love is very essential in any relationship including marriage. Love enables you to accomodate the other person's shortcomings which is difficult to do when you're not in love. Unfortunately these days marriages are built on other superficial attractions other than love and it's not surprising many marriages end before they even started
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by teababy: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
it depends on how u define love,if the person does not respect me then am off
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nija4Life(m): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2009
Well you can define love in your own way but how can someone who loves you don't respect you? That falls short of love for me
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by bootycall(f): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
Yes i can,love alone is not the basics for marriage.Love can come with time if every other thing is in place.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by eplanner: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
Capital NO
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nija4Life(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
@bootycall
Are you married? If not then I wouldn't be surprised with your reply and would really be interested to know what other things you think are required for a succesful marriage
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by akigbemaru: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2009
sweetpain:

If the sex is right, why not. Inevitably you get to accommodate or even begin to like your dislikes.

The human mind works in mysterious ways.

I guess you are right! I came across a lot of friends like that who don't like their girls at first. After months of "if you Bleep and I Bleep u" they became true companions and insperable! cool cool cool
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Meyour: 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
shocked It so shocking can u follow whom u didn,t knw expect the supreme God, i can,t marry such oerson dat i dont love.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Witi(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
Life will be miserable marrying someone you don't love. sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Deshola: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2009
No way!
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Ben13: 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2009
The love might ressurect after the wedding cheesy . . .I mean during the marriage. don't you think so?
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nija4Life(m): 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Ben2001
Don't be naive to go into marriage thinking you can change anything about a person, it doesn't work that way

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Ben13: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ok. .sir! cheesy 'm still a kid.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nija4Life(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Ben2001

Nothing personal I am speaking from experience
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Ben13: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2009
Jeeez! u're d one talking it personal. . .cos, I humbly said, Yes sir! except u want some other thing from me. shocked

Back to topic. . . I can't marry someone I don't love.
I hope I'll beĀ  left alone now cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
Nope.
Nope and
Nope.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by eniolape: 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2009
Impossible
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by vislabraye(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
Aloy_Emeka:

Every other thing you need in a relationship is found in this person and he or she is likable but you don't love that person. Can you marry such a person?. Please vote
Every other thing you need like what. What exactly do you mean by love? Is it the passion or what? If you can't get passion from a person then there is nothing else in th relationship
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nezan(m): 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
marriage is all about accepting your partner the way he/she is, this is impossible to achieve if you guys are not in love.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Fhemmmy: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
Nezan:

marriage is all about accepting your partner the way he/she is, this is impossible to achieve if you guys are not in love.

True dat
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Dave6: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2009
You are in a relationship wit someone u don't even love, then that's not a true relationship. Then what . . . talk about marriage? Hmmm undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by phemygee(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
I can't marry oh, I can only date if she has kudi, cheesy grin smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evangelist Uncle Sola: Marriage That You Password Your Phone Is A Yahoo Marriage / For Men Whose Wives Have Big Booobs! / Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.