Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? (14169 Views)

Poll: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love?

yes: 17% (18 votes)
No: 82% (84 votes)
This poll has ended

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by kabola2009(m): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2009
Their must be love in marriage in order to succeed. I can not marry some one that i don't love because it might be disastrous. I need to know that i love her first before i will now try to know if she actually loves me in return before i will venture deeply into the relationship.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
kabola2009:

Their must be love in marriage in order to succeed. I can not marry some one that i don't love because it might be disastrous. I need to know that i love her first before i will now try to know if she actually loves me in return before i will venture deeply into the relationship.

true dat
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by ibelab(m): 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2009
love,, love,, is there any true love for naija without money? maybe 10% is real.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by makahagirl(f): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2009
people only marry for money and security? cry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by AloyEmeka8: 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2009
Meaning we don't marry for love. I know all these people voting no will be the first to marry any man as long as he is rich. wink wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by makahagirl(f): 12:07am On Aug 07, 2009
i cant marry somone because their rich, i would
want my future husband to love me and tell me he
loves me everday because i would tell him that i love him. and our love is true.
i know that people say that love is "overated" but for some
people, they want love because they never had been love the
way others are being loved.
dont you want that? cry
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by AloyEmeka8: 12:23am On Aug 07, 2009
How do you know you are in love and how will you know a man who loves you?
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by makahagirl(f): 12:37am On Aug 07, 2009
i guess you know when your inlove when you
fall head over heals over somone, when you think about them day and night,
when you get butterflys thinking about that one person, when you feel that you
cant stay away from them, when you see them it dame near breaks your heart,
seeing your unborn children in their eyes, just having this feeling deep down that
cant go away, about that one person you cant get out of your mind and
smiling everytime your around them.
Oopps, sorry im going on and on,
im just a helpless romantic smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by AloyEmeka8: 12:49am On Aug 07, 2009
I've never felt that way.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by lannre(m): 12:53am On Aug 07, 2009
love is a phenomenon,from personal experience Its working right here in my matrimonial home. Some married men might have experience such too, Now I believe my wife is the most precious woman in the world. A worthy wife to envy. She is more than a jewel,  true wife, best lady for any desiring husband. (I only tell her this in a pragamtic ways).  Back to the topic,Love transcends beyond words,and all the theories we read in the book,I believe love has an inherent pull that is beyond us. No one can say how much he/she will love or hate in future. things change. Life has taught me that "you can be the change you hate so much" love differs from infatuations,we see newly married who separate on wedding eve,we see friends who celebrates 20 years of "happy married life" God is all knowing. for me I am enjoying and loving my woman than yester years thought. I really love her so much,we both dont believe it. Our son (in the profile) now add to the passion with his attitudes.  Wish the poster the best
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by makahagirl(f): 12:58am On Aug 07, 2009
well, i pray you find your perfect somone smiley
and i pray i find mines too smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by sexyLeamon(f): 7:18am On Aug 07, 2009
Is this question for real? Why on earth would you want to make a lifelong comitment to someone you are not actually in love with? Marriage works on love, trust and friendship as well as other factors.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by MyPeace(f): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2009
makahagirl:

i guess you know when your inlove when you
fall head over heals over somone, when you think about them day and night,
when you get butterflys thinking about that one person, when you feel that you
cant stay away from them, when you see them it dame near breaks your heart,
seeing your unborn children in their eyes, just having this feeling deep down that
cant go away, about that one person you cant get out of your mind and
smiling everytime your around them.
Oopps, sorry im going on and on,
im just a helpless romantic smiley

l feel you!!  Thats my thinking when l was single, thank God l didnt marry with that thinking.  When u get married l know u will differentiate infatuation, lust from PURE LOVE.

lannre:

love is a phenomenon,from personal experience Its working right here in my matrimonial home. Some married men might have experience such too, Now I believe my wife is the most precious woman in the world. A worthy wife to envy. She is more than a jewel,  true wife, best lady for any desiring husband. (I only tell her this in a pragamtic ways).  Back to the topic,Love transcends beyond words,and all the theories we read in the book,I believe love has an inherent pull that is beyond us. No one can say how much he/she will love or hate in future. things change. Life has taught me that "you can be the change you hate so much" love differs from infatuations,we see newly married who separate on wedding eve,we see friends who celebrates 20 years of "happy married life" God is all knowing. for me I am enjoying and loving my woman than yester years thought. I really love her so much,we both dont believe it. Our son (in the profile) now add to the passion with his attitudes.  Wish the poster the best

You are talking brother.  Thats it love comes later.  l am a witness too.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by SMSguru(m): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2009
PLEASE DON"T COMMIT SUICIDE!
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nezan(m): 10:04am On Aug 07, 2009
[size=18pt]NO[/size]
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by rutee(f): 10:33am On Aug 07, 2009
NO i can't how will i marry someone i don't love impossible
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2009
so long money is involved, some will not mind! grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2009
@topic
It would be downright dumb for a man in particular to marry a woman that he does not love.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Winnergal(f): 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2009
George_D:

so long money is involved, some will not mind! grin

Tell 'em! . . .
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Ambber(f): 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2009
yes of course, it depends on the situation. life is not cast in stone. will you expect a 34+ woman to keep waiting for love rather than snatch a marriage opportunity and produce kids before the damned eggs run out? leave the fall in love thing for teenagers and those below 28years. They also eventually find out that love is what you make of it especially when you wake up to the same man everyday for a couple of years
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
let them keep mouthing love, love while the years run out on them! grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Anabel(f): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
am confused, the worst is i dont know the answer to such a question. what is LOVE undecided undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by adaku123(f): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2009
I think it depends on d person involved, its actually a personal choice,

U can choose to sacrifice love for all that the person has to offer, But wat of longtime happiness

I personally wouldnt do dat, There has to be love or there is no point in the relationship?? For me if there is no love i can even get divorced over something like the man snores, Lol, But seriously i can, Love is blind to faults, I am not saying dat u wouldn't see the faults in the person u love, U just wouldnt care or take it seriously,

So you need love in the longrun, Except the man is 90 and u just want his money, Cos his gonna die in a matter of ten years at most anyway, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Shauna19: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2009
Why would you even spend the rest off your with someone you don't love.?,
No scratch that, You need to be in love with that person, It won't be a successful marriage if your not i love.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by toje82: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2009
Marrying some one u do not love is a big disaster
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by badboym: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2009
People really don't marry for love this days.Hate me all you can,people most especially girls marry degrees,sex,money and material things in general while guys on the other hand marry beauty sometimes money and literacy.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by babariches: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
never
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2009
love? pls tell that to the marines! grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Reptyle(m): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2009
Methinks that this LOVE thingy is overrated. If every other thing is complete and the sex is great, me I go marry o!!! I can't shout abeg!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
abi. many young ladies made the mistake of falling into this love hype that they
passed their prime before realising only too late.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? by adesong: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
If her genotype is AA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" / Evangelist Uncle Sola: Marriage That You Password Your Phone Is A Yahoo Marriage / Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.