Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

May God Bless Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May God Bless Ribadu (713 Views)

May God Punish Jonathan, All His Supporters And Other Nigerian Thieves. / May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May God Bless Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2009
as usual, i have condemned ribadu in every way all throughtout this forum. i have called him many bad names, i have painted him black, i have disrespected all he has done for us and for our country, i have called for him to be arrested, but from what i have discovered today, i have nothing left to say to this wonderful human being, but to ask the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth to continue to bless mr.ribadu. I ask for forgiveness for all i have done to damage what this man has done and i also ask my good friends (nairalanders) to forgive me from being stupid and inhuman.
i will convert my negativity towards ribadu into positivity from today forward. and he, ribadu better don't let me down.

may God bless this gentleman, called ribadu.

please join me by listing something marvelous mr.ribadu has done for our great country.
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by invisible2(m): 12:12am On Aug 05, 2009
What did you find out about him?
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by McKren(m): 12:50am On Aug 05, 2009
It will be nice to start by telling us what you found out and why you changed you mind

this looks too good to be true, and probably is'nt
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by LFJ: 1:20am On Aug 05, 2009
I find it very difficult to believe this ur change of tone, very strange.
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by mustafar1: 2:20am On Aug 05, 2009
as per the good things he did, he help OBJ hound as many of his friends and enemies as he could. could you be nice enough to share what you found out about him?
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 05, 2009
@poster

Ribadu's actions as the then boss of EFCC was never saintly or perfect in anyway, at least I and other people I know never insinuated that. We only praised him for his fierce attempt like Idiagbon to challenge the corrupt establishment (be it OBJ's friends or enemies). Unfortunately, due to the constant harassment from corrupt individual and government; very few nigerians will be willing to tow the difficult part the young man has towed.

I partially agree with Obama on the fact that Africa does not need strong men but strong institutions, but how do we build strong institutions without strong men? 150 million nigerians will never wake up one day and begin to act right at the same time until strong men like Ribadu, Fashola, Chime, Ngige etc are given chances to build strong and sane society and institutions.
I bet that if nigeria can put away cowardice for once and support 5 strong men like Ribadu to herald our affairs for the next 15 years, by the time they are done; they must have built strong and reliable institutions that can run itself without strong men.

Finally, I hope that your brother chidichris will put sentiments aside and try to support people who fight corruption even if it's biased.

Good luck on your newly found love for fairness, justice, truth and objectivity; characteristics most nigerians lack.
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by Marymos: 9:36am On Aug 05, 2009
Thank God for the sudden change of mind.nuzo,i commend you for your write up.I've always seen Ribadu as somebody that have contributed positively to our society.But it pained me when i read people's negative comment against him.Ribadu is not a perfect man but he made his mark.Many said that Obasanjo used him against his enemies.The day we put sentiment aside and become objective in our approach to issue will be the dawn of a new beginning in Nigeria.If with all Ribadu did and some people still believe he did nothing then what has Wiziri done since she became the chairman of EFCC?
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by PapaBrowne(m): 9:56am On Aug 05, 2009
OK Creativity, I am thinking more like, Dariye and maybe Ibori have stopped feeding you those monthly cheques, so U decide, "I am no longer working for you guys. . . .  I am now on Ribadu's side".

Would be good to know the new discovery responsible for this ur U-turn sha!
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by oshkosh(m): 10:02am On Aug 05, 2009
We welcome the change of heart. Ribadu certainly overachieved and is a hero in my books.

We are now seeing the effects of the departure of good, effective leadership in our nation.

It seems inevitable that Yaradua's "Rule of Law", "7 point agenda" and overall complicity in the
war on curruption, cluelessness and weakness has now driven our nation to the brink,
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by ademocrat(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
I think you should tell us what u saw  that changed ur mind, but even if Ribadu did not deserve praise, he definitely doesn't deserve humiliation that he got from the stupid Yardua.
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by oshkosh(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
Ribadu deserves all the praise in the world. I miss those days man. It gave us all so much hope for the future.
Re: May God Bless Ribadu by SegzyJoe(m): 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2009
@creativity
Like so many that had the opportunity of engaging you on Ribadu issue, I must commend the courage to come back here and admit that the young man has actually contributed his best to Nigeria project. many of your former co-traveler like Chidicris must have also realized this but are too coward to accept the reality of Ribadu effort at riding the country of corrupt men. once again, thumps up for you.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Threatens To Release Names Of Govt Officials' Schooling Abroad. / Ibori: Nigeria, Britain Set For Diplomatic Row / The 10 Worst Cities For Pickpockects!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.