Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail (6809 Views)

Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? / Stephanie Otobo Charged With Blackmail Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by hopefulLandlord: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2017
johnydon22:

What would the debate be about, I could moderate such debate and bring out the rules, tell each person when they break these rule therefore invalidate the argument that does to keep it going..

I've been ignoring that guy for close to two months now while he's spent that time aggressively seeking my attention, he then pops up last week challenging me to a debate, spamming every thread and replies most of my posts with his challenge

I know there are many atheists on Nairaland that think he's worth their time and he can challenge anyone of them to a debate but he's fixated on the only person that don't want anything to do with him; so I won't even dignify his attention seeking spams with a reply, he's free to make his own conclusions based on that

perhaps he thinks if he spams it hard enough I would be obligated to pay him attention

never knew my attention is so valuable, maybe I should start charging people some cash for it grin

I believe Dalaman can explain further

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I've been ignoring that guy for close to two months now while he's spent that time aggressively seeking my attention, he then pops up last week challenging me to a debate, spamming every thread and replies most of my posts with his challenge

I know there are many atheists on Nairaland that think he's worth their time and he can challenge anyone of them to a debate but he's fixated on the only person that don't want anything to do with him; so I won't even dignify his attention seeking spams with a reply, he's free to make his own conclusions based on that

perhaps he thinks if he spams it hard enough I would be obliged to pay him attention

never knew my attention is so valuable, maybe I should start charging people some cash for it grin

I believe Dalaman can explain further

I do think such attention begging won't end well, such debate will end in emotional banters. Well I support your move to hit the ignore button
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by GoodMuyis(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
johnydon22:

I do not think you understand what a threat and blackmail is... By all means Josh may be the financial, shelter and material provider but once he hinges the provisions of these to Mary's compliance to his demands then it's a blackmail.

You may try and read it again

To you it may be blackmail, to me its a rule of compliance or called it terms of service, which every service provider use to secure their own interest.

Josh interest is to have Mary, while he provide what Mary need. And if Mary interest is to enjoy Josh goodies, she MUST accept Josh Terms else she could go somewhere else.

But if Josh happen to be Monopoly of his stuff, then Mary will be unserious to object.
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by OtemAtum: 11:56pm On Sep 03, 2017
johnydon22:

What would the debate be about, I could moderate such debate and bring out the rules, tell each person when they break these rule therefore invalidate the argument that does to keep it going..
I'm sure no one here's ready to debate with a criminal. Butterflylion the thief who duped Mrbllymer 6 million naira doesn't deserve to be debated with.
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by butterflylion: 8:53am On Sep 04, 2017
johnydon22:

This is pretty simple. Debates are not life or death issues and yes he also has the right to refuse but what harm would a simple debate cause right?

I gave him 2 simple terms

1. He should pick the topic of debate

2. He should state the terms and I would comply.

I gave him the advantage grin

Why would I want to turn a perfectly simple and interesting debate into lousy banter? Especially when he has been asked to state the terms.

His refusal to debate comes from the other 2 debates I was shown where he ran away from the debate when in the first one even before the debate began he suddenly got very emotional and said he was leaving Nairaland, that everything was pointless. He left and then suddenly returned charged up as if he was now actually going to have the debate only to hand over to you with no resistance grin (strange isn't it? For someone who insisted on actually having that debate).

The second one was not as similar but he ran away as well nevertheless.

Perhaps he had a phobia for debates but holds no such phobia when trolling Christian threads.

So for sake of clarity I offered him a debate with me with the conditions I already gave above.

Tell me how I would stand to benefit when I have clearly given him the advantage. grin

Ignoring me can be done by anyone but true character is shown when challenges are faced head on. I am his challenge! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by dalaman: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
johnydon22:

I do think such attention begging won't end well, such debate will end in emotional banters. Well I support your move to hit the ignore button

A moderated debate will be a good idea, but definitely not btw the two of them.
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by johnydon22(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
butterflylion:

This is pretty simple. Debates are not life or death issues and yes he also has the right to refuse but what harm would a simple debate cause right?

I gave him 2 simple terms

1. He should pick the topic of debate

2. He should state the terms and I would comply.

I gave him the advantage grin

Why would I want to turn a perfectly simple and interesting debate into lousy banter? Especially when he has been asked to state the terms.

His refusal to debate comes from the other 2 debates I was shown where he ran away from the debate when in the first one even before the debate began he suddenly got very emotional and said he was leaving Nairaland, that everything was pointless. He left and then suddenly returned charged up as if he was now actually going to have the debate only to hand over to you with no resistance grin (strange isn't it? For someone who insisted on actually having that debate).

The second one was not as similar but he ran away as well nevertheless.

Perhaps he had a phobia for debates but holds no such phobia when trolling Christian threads.

So for sake of clarity I offered him a debate with me with the conditions I already gave above.

Tell me how I would stand to benefit when I have clearly given him the advantage. grin

Ignoring me can be done by anyone but true character is shown when challenges are faced head on. I am his challenge! cheesy

No one wants to hammer and keep bickering at the same thing endlessly, so for clarity sake if you are obliged the debate you seek how long do you think is long enough?
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by johnydon22(m): 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2017
dalaman:

A moderated debate will be a good idea, but definitely not btw the two of them.

Perhaps. I wi like to see something other than endless bickering at pointless things..
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by butterflylion: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
johnydon22:

No one wants to hammer and keep bickering at the same thing endlessly, so for clarity sake if you are obliged the debate you seek how long do you think is long enough?

Like I said, Since he is the one I am debating he states the terms and not me.
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by dalaman: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
johnydon22:

Perhaps. I wi like to see something other than endless bickering at pointless things..

Me too.
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by johnydon22(m): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2017
butterflylion:

Like I said, Since he is the one I am debating he states the terms and not me.

Let's say they get to be such a debate, even though I doubt for now.. None of you need to pick the terms, there will have to be a moderator or moderators for that.

Anyway you show a certain form of confidence that almost betrays a condescending approach.

Like I always say, none comes fully prepared my brother.

Goodluck though
Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by butterflylion: 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
johnydon22:

Let's say they get to be such a debate, even though I doubt for now.. None of you need to pick the terms, there will have to be a moderator or moderators for that.

Anyway you show a certain form of confidence that almost betrays a condescending approach.

Like I always say, none comes fully prepared my brother.

Goodluck though

I never said I was prepared and neither am I being condescending. When one is confident in himself he can always speak the way I do. Hopefullandlord has always sounded "condescending" when he trolls Christians on Christian threads but I read that as being self confident in his assertions which was why I asked for this debate. He sounds confident and so do I so let's put it to test. cheesy

If he says he would not state the terms then we nominate moderators. If he says no moderators and he wishes to state the terms, either way I am cool with whatever.

Thanks my brother. Funny that I only had to mention you once before you responded but he has been running in every direction except towards me. smiley

I carry gun Abi I carry bomb? grin

1 Like

Re: Salvation Or Abusive Blackmail by johnydon22(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2017
butterflylion:

I never said I was prepared and neither am I being condescending. When one is confident in himself he can always speak the way I do. Hopefullandlord has always sounded "condescending" when he trolls Christians on Christian threads but I read that as being self confident in his assertions which was why I asked for this debate. He sounds confident and so do I so let's put it to test. cheesy

If he says he would not state the terms then we nominate moderators. If he says no moderators and he wishes to state the terms, either way I am cool with whatever.

Thanks my brother. Funny that I only had to mention you once before you responded but he has been running in every direction except towards me. smiley

I carry gun Abi I carry bomb? grin

Anyway that's your business with him. Do know that he may chose to or not to oblige your clamor for debate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" / Good Friday; The Commemoration Of The Death Of Our Lord Jesus Christ / Who Was The Fourth Man In The Fiery Furnace In Daniel 3:22-25?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.