Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone (50576 Views)

Top 5 Apps For The New Premier League Season 2018/2019. / 5 Apps That Drain Your Smartphone Battery The Most / What Are The First 5 Apps You Will Install When You Get A New Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by DaBullIT(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2016
I concur
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by jailsarakiCCT: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2016
abatically:
I agree with all but the default browser, at least for Samsung phones. Samsung browser on the s7 is a great browser that supports ad blocking without rooting. Samsung has also updated it on the s6. Google has disabled ad blocking on their chrome browser. Normally my default browser is chrome but I often use Samsung browser for websites with heavy ads.

how much is s6 now
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Leopantro: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2016
If you installed linda ikeji app, uninstall it now. That app does background syncing, draining your data anytime you go online. Don't believe me, check your data usage in settings.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by alobright17(m): 9:38am On Apr 20, 2016
Thanks for the info
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by vosquare: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2016
femi4:
Point no 3 is fallacy. You can't be on Android OS without using antivirus. Your phone will crash sooner than later.
Android OS is an open source and its not safe.
Not all android apps can be gotten from playstore
Android does not need Anti-virus... Virus don't have effect on them bro
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by femi4: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2016
vosquare:

Android does not need Anti-virus... Virus don't have effect on them bro
Shut it!
What do you know about Android OS?

All you do is download apps from play store and chat on either bbm or whatsapp
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by vosquare: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2016
I disagree with number 5 sha cos my own phone browser is beta than any uc or cm browsers... Easy to use, fast download, great speed and consumes low ram
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by vosquare: 9:45am On Apr 20, 2016
femi4:
Shut it!
What do you know about Android OS
Lolz.... I'll liv 2 to ur ignorance.. Thanks smiley
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by chekasforchekas: 9:45am On Apr 20, 2016
Sorry I use an iPhone and don't have all this apps only fb app.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by justmenoni: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2016
Op i think all you have said is based on your own opinion..the only one i agree with you on is the batter saving app..it never worked for me so i don't bother installing them..but why won't i have facebook app, google chrome(i currently have over 200 sites opened down on it), antivirus app( ask those people that watch po}} on their phones especially the naija's po{{ ooo, u will be asked to click on this pics to see more and voila virus don enter ur phone be dat)

well to me the best way to reduce loads on ur phone is to delete videos and if possible delete games and most importantly delete apps that you don't use,i have got apps that i haven't touched this year and all i hv to do is delete them when i need space on my phone and just incase that i need them later on,all i have to do is re-install them oooo i have got unlimited wifi tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by femi4: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2016
vosquare:

Lolz.... I'll liv 2 to ur ignorance.. Thanks smiley
When u don baff, you can go thru this link
http://forensics.spreitzenbarth.de/android-malware/
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by djblue007(m): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Very helpful. Those apps don't only kill battery or reduce fone efficiency but consume most of your data.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Funjosh(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2016
Facebook app and Default browser still cool with me, but I don't just fancy the rest u listed here.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2016
See how to hibernate all those apps instead of freezing or removing them.

http://www.etechgist.com/2016/04/how-to-speed-up-your-phone-and-save.html?m=1
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by macaranta(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2016
Good advice
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Catalyst007(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2016
App Scout is the App you NEVER knew you needed!!!
Search for APP SCOUT in Play STORE.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 20, 2016
femi4:
When u don baff, you can go thru this link
http://forensics.spreitzenbarth.de/android-malware/

I have never installed any anti virus on any of my android phones. I'm an heavy user, jump everywhere to download and do loads of stuffs but have never been infected by any virus. My present phone is the only phone I'm yet to root and perform techy stuffs on cos of the monthly updates it receives
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by neocortex: 10:23am On Apr 20, 2016
femi4:
Point no 3 is fallacy. You can't be on Android OS without using antivirus. Your phone will crash sooner than later.

Actually antivirus are useless on android , they can't stop a malicious code
from compromising your phone, they serve only aesthetic purpose.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by chubinwa(m): 10:26am On Apr 20, 2016
I concur
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Simeony007(m): 10:29am On Apr 20, 2016
If u still dont knw greenify by now then u an adult baby in the 21st century... And unistalling clean master? I knw u kidding right

1 Like

Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by luluosas(m): 10:33am On Apr 20, 2016
Apart from Facebook, every other apps posted are not installed in my phone.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by azpekuliar: 10:34am On Apr 20, 2016
The Facebook App is not leaving my phone anytime soon.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2016
The default browser is far more secured than any other browser especially against anti philising, online tracking and can ssve data too, It resolves proxy issues better.if your are on 3G or wireless network, you dont need chrome neither opera

To save data go to setting>bandwith management untick. What's the need or use of seeing senators, governors ,ministers and President and their wives faces on news always At settings> advance untick javasxript or set on demand
Another awesome app is link2sd
You can delete all apps, frozen and defrozen all apps for ezample after download check ur battery perxentage before going to sleep freeze all apps, wake up at your usual time recheck the percentage
What means all your apps operates on demand.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2016
Very interesting Op

I support the suggestions but default browser. Default browsers are inbuilt with "admin" access and logic operations that are not open to foreign apps.

Talking about Apple Ipadmini2 (and possibly other apple devices), the default browser - Safari has a way that let's you download a PDF file to Ibook or Adobe or "note". When you open a pdf file in the safari and tap it, you see options at the top of the page: "open in ibook" and at the left, "open in..." (which allows you to download it to adobe, notes, etc).

I tried doing this in Chrome but was not able to. Chrome will even tell you to "open in safari".

And this is an example of how default browsers of every phone has a superior access capalities than any foreign browser.

In conclusion, you can download your easy to use browsers, but leave your default browser for the more crude internet access
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Dbisector(m): 10:42am On Apr 20, 2016
what of this so called DU SPEED BOOSTER
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 20, 2016
Dbisector:
what of this so called DU SPEED BOOSTER
THROW IT AWAY TO SAHARA DESERT, its buggy, online marketers delight
My verdict it DOES nothing

1 Like

Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by banmee(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2016
The number one game app to download today is clash royale. Or better still, don't. You'll be hooked for life.
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Electronzeez(m): 10:52am On Apr 20, 2016
femi4:

You are lying sir , I have been using my android phone for two years and it is near to virus free . I have seen people with more than one anti-virus on their android phone battling with virus related issue on their phones .

You will be deceiving yourself if you think anti-virus can protect your android phone .if you care to know how you can use your device without an anti-virus , simply ask .

Op is 75℅ percent on point . when people complain to me that their device is draining battery . the first thing I look for is to see if there is any anti-virus or battery saving apps on the phone .if there is I simply uninstall them and do some other check .
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by vosquare: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2016
neocortex:

Actually antivirus are useless on android , they can't stop a malicious code
from compromising your phone, they serve only aesthetic purpose.
ollah1:

I have never installed any anti virus on any of my android phones. I'm an hear user, jump everywhere to download and do loads of stuffs but have never been infected by any virus. My present phone is the only phone I'm yet to root and perform techy stuffs on cos of the monthly updates it receives
Thank u jawe...if e like make e hear.. Thank God say e b android god grin

2 Likes

Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by vosquare: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2016
Electronzeez:

You are lying sir , I have been using my android phone for two years and it is near to virus free . I have seen people with more than one anti-virus on their android phone battling with virus related issue on their phones .

You will be deceiving yourself if you think anti-virus can protect your android phone .if you care to know how you can use your device without an anti-virus , simply ask .

Op is 75℅ percent on point . when people complain to me that their device is draining battery . the first thing I look for is to see if there is any anti-virus or battery saving apps on the phone .if there is I simply uninstall them and do some other check .
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 20, 2016
Thanks Op. I knew this already tho smiley
Re: Here's The 5 Apps You Should Remove Right Now From Your Smartphone by fairheven: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2016
Chrome is trash. always prefer a mini browser

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proposed Data Plans Increase: Hilarious Angry Responses On Ncc's Social Media / What Is Your Highest Views On Your Whatsapp Status...see Mine / Guys: Do You Remember Buying And Using Any Of These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.