Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger (23338 Views)

My Soybeans Project 2017 From Planting To Havesting In Picture / Start The New Planting Season With Our Cheap And Genuine Farmland / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2016
It is no longer new that the Revenue from oil has dwindle, and this the time for agriculture to take the front seat, as matter of fact not just agriculture but agricultural value chain is the way to go. The present reality leaves us with no other option than the diversification of the Nigerian economy, it is in the light of this present economic situation and the need to create other source of income that investing in ginger would be a nice alternative.
[img][/img]
In the last three years ginger has gone to be the most price agro commodity after coca but in 2015 Ginger was more expensive than cocoa making it the most price agro commodity in the country, in the international market ginger went from $1,500 per ton in 2011 to $5,000 per ton in 2015.
There are a lot of opportunities in the ginger value chain. From planting to processing, exporting, logistics, extracting and a whole lot of activities. Have you ever consider investing in planting Ginger, it is hidden gold mine that most people haven’t consider except people that are from ginger producing areas
Planting Ginger is a serious work as ginger take 8-9months to be ready for harvest, some people even leave the plant for sixteen months. But you can outsource the planting ( paying the locals to plant for you) if the best agronomy practice are followed ginger yields 16ton to 20tons per hectare.
Locally In 2015 a ton of dried split ginger went as high as N550,000 per ton. Let consider planting and processing of dried split ginger on a hectare
Cost of one hectare(leasing) N100,000
rhizomes = N280,000
Land preparation= N100,000
Labour for planting N150,000
Fertilizer/manure/chemical N100,000
Labour harvesting and packaging N80,000
Total cost of production N810,000

If the farmer lost 40% to 50% of the tons he harvested dues to processing he has on the average 8ton to 10tons to sell, meaning if he selling at N450,000 per ton he would have made net profit of N3,600,000 to N4,500,000 making over 300% returns on investment. This would hold true if the price of ginger don’t go south.
To invest in business this you must have a business plan, the must be soil analysis and of course the buyer. The author is experience in this and can assist.

3 Likes

Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Lexaccord(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hello Iniobong,

Your post is great. Please can this be grown in any of the south west or south eastern states of Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by phillings247: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
meeting d conditions for exporting commodities from nigeria is not easy.what role can u play in helping one sell off his product after harvest
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Agriman(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
We have 5 acres of farmland available In Epe road Atakumosa Local government Osun state .
For #250,000 for the 5 acres .
With red copy survey documentation
Contact us now : 08130767357
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 2:27am On Aug 24, 2016
Lexaccord:
Hello Iniobong,
Your post is great. Please can this be grown in any of the south west or south eastern states of Nigeria?
Thanks
We need to conduct soil analysis and look at some other condition to determine if ginger would thrive in your chosen location. Ring me up if you are set. 08102816356
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 2:30am On Aug 24, 2016
phillings247:
meeting d conditions for exporting commodities from nigeria is not easy.what role can u play in helping one sell off his product after harvest

meeting specification and standard is not a problem, however, when you product is ready give me 0810281635i6
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Tyche(m): 8:36am On Aug 24, 2016
To farm a hectare of ginger is around 800,000 naira. It will be a good idea if this thread provides a direction on how one can profit from adding value during harvest before selling.

Btw, with the current exchange rate, ginger export is a real money spinner

1 Like

Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by karlxavier(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2016
At op, do you offer training for ginger farming? I need to get information on how to cultivate ginger commercially.
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by karlxavier(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2016
And also, I believe their are other cost effective ways to reduce cost of production I guess.. Kindly answer at op
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Arvinkris(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
i think u shud have posted d farming technique for high yield,how n wher to source d seed or rhizome
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by ashcall(m): 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
iniobong888:
It is no longer new that the Revenue from oil has dwindle, and this the time for agriculture to take the front seat, as matter of fact not just agriculture but agricultural value chain is the way to go. The present reality leaves us with no other option than the diversification of the Nigerian economy, it is in the light of this present economic situation and the need to create other source of income that investing in ginger would be a nice alternative.
[img][/img]
In the last three years ginger has gone to be the most price agro commodity after coca but in 2015 Ginger was more expensive than cocoa making it the most price agro commodity in the country, in the international market ginger went from $1,500 per ton in 2011 to $5,000 per ton in 2015.
There are a lot of opportunities in the ginger value chain. From planting to processing, exporting, logistics, extracting and a whole lot of activities. Have you ever consider investing in planting Ginger, it is hidden gold mine that most people haven’t consider except people that are from ginger producing areas
Planting Ginger is a serious work as ginger take 8-9months to be ready for harvest, some people even leave the plant for sixteen months. But you can outsource the planting ( paying the locals to plant for you) if the best agronomy practice are followed ginger yields 16ton to 20tons per hectare.
Locally In 2015 a ton of dried split ginger went as high as N550,000 per ton. Let consider planting and processing of dried split ginger on a hectare
rhizomes = N280,000

If the farmer lost 40% to 50% of the tons he harvested dues to processing he has on the average 8ton to 10tons to sell, meaning if he selling at N450,000 per ton he would have made net profit of N3,600,000 to N4,500,000 making over 300% returns on investment. This would hold true if the price of ginger don’t go south.
To invest in business this you must have a business plan, the must be soil analysis and of course the buyer. The author is experience in this and can assist. (07034706326)

as he said ginger farmers are just smailing despect the economic hardship been face by nigerians.we lease out hundreds of hecters of farm land to farmers this year for ginger farming.our land is good for ginger farminig (kaduna south).call to book for yours,08091916405
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by rahman137(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
The cost of rental seems on d high side, thats like 35k per acre per yr
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by ashcall(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=iniobong888 post=44868474]It is no longer new that the Revenue from oil has dwindle, and this the time for agriculture to take the front seat, as matter of fact not just agriculture but agricultural value chain is the way to go. The present reality leaves us with no other option than the diversification of the Nigerian economy, it is in the light of this present economic situation and the need to create other source of income that investing in ginger would be a nice alternative.
[img][/img]
rhizomes = N280,000

To invest in business this you must have a business plan, the must be soil analysis and of course the buyer. The author is experience in this and can assist. (07034706326)

[/qIt is the truth,dispect the hash economic situation in the country ,ginger farmers are just smiling.We have lease out hundreds of hecters of farm lands to prospective farmers,(kachia,kaduna south)The land is good for ginger farming.Call 08091916405 and get a land while the op provide you with the farming tecqnics and all you will want to know
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Chigorkizz(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
seems i will try this out.
where i reside in Benue state,i have access to fertile land.

i am still gathering info. on how to start.
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by ashcall(m): 1:59am On Aug 25, 2016
rahman137:
it is measured in hecters ,though there could be measure in acre if you so wish
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 6:38am On Aug 25, 2016
Tyche:
To farm a hectare of ginger is around 800,000 naira. It will be a good idea if this thread provides a direction on how one can profit from adding value during harvest before selling.
Btw, with the current exchange rate, ginger export is a real money spinner

Adding value is more of a practical thing that we teach practically, so when you are harvesting we can come in to teach. You can call me 08102816356
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2016
rahman137:

it could cheaper depending on the location. that was just a case study from a particular location .
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2016
Arvinkris:
i think u shud have posted d farming technique for high yield,how n wher to source d seed or rhizome

the farming technique is more of a practical thing that has to be taught on the field. We can help you source the rhizome . we are very much available to teach.
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 6:50am On Aug 25, 2016
karlxavier:
And also, I believe their are other cost effective ways to reduce cost of production I guess.. Kindly answer at op

Yes on a commercial scale, there are model to reduce cost of production . We offer training services as well.
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 6:56am On Aug 25, 2016
Chigorkizz:
seems i will try this out.
where i reside in Benue state,i have access to fertile land.
i am still gathering info. on how to start.

i could help you with information needed and the training so please give me a call or text (08102816356
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by karlxavier(m): 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
At inibong, do you currently have a farm? I only want to learn the ropes of this ginger farming from a REAL PRACTICING FARMER that has a farm site where I can see and spend weeks to get the information that I need. Thank you.

For the rhizones, what's the amount of kg one needs to use in planting for a hectare?

I also heard that using a sloppy land reduces cost.

What are your plans for irrigating the farm when set up?

I need these questions really answered.. Thanks
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by rahman137(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Yes 100k/hectare transmit to 35k per acre. Thats still high. Is it negotiable?
ashcall:
it is measured in hecters ,though there could be measure in acre if you so wish
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 6:52am On Aug 26, 2016
karlxavier:
At inibong, do you currently have a farm? I only want to learn the ropes of this ginger farming from a REAL PRACTICING FARMER that has a farm site where I can see and spend weeks to get the information that I need. Thank you.
For the rhizones, what's the amount of kg one needs to use in planting for a hectare?
I also heard that using a sloppy land reduces cost.
What are your plans for irrigating the farm when set up?
I need these questions really answered.. Thanks

Yes i have a farm and i have been planting ginger . I have call you and answered your question .

1 Like

Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Tycoflu(m): 11:54am On Aug 26, 2016
Uploading pictures of your farm and ginger during it's different stages of growth will go a long way in
convincing people. A little adjustment of your marketing strategy will help too; give out free info on the basics of ginger farming , and how to control pests that attack. That's how the bosses in agric section do it (world1, jethro2, organicfoods, hotmas etc.) and it makes people trust and patronize them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 11:45pm On Aug 29, 2016
[img][/img]

Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 11:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
iniobong888:
[img][/img]
the rhizomes ready for planting .
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
[img][/img]
going after my passion

1 Like

Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by ogunjit1: 2:39am On Sep 02, 2016
thank you
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
@Iniobong...please, where is your farm located? Can you act as a consultant to me as I plan to embark on this ginger production here in Lagos? Pls, reply. This is my email: akposeandrew@gmail.com
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by iniobong888(m): 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
ChasteGhuy:
@Iniobong...please, where is your farm located? Can you act as a consultant to me as I plan to embark on this ginger production here in Lagos? Pls, reply. This is my email: akposeandrew@gmail.com
hello i sent you a mail, farm is in kaduna but you can plant ginger anywhere if the soil meet certain condition .
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by Emmysteve(m): 2:16am On Nov 15, 2016
iniobong888:
hello i sent you a mail, farm is in kaduna but you can plant ginger anywhere if the soil meet certain condition .
Please where in Kaduna is your farm located?
Re: Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger by kk4real: 3:24am On Nov 15, 2016
Iniobong, please kindly do the needful. Lets not make a private matter public.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space. / Short Report: Processing Groundnut For Oil And Cake / Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.