Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar (16216 Views)

Arrest Warrant Issued To SSS To Search And Arrest Judges (photos) / Senate Withdraws Social Media bill / CCT: What Happens To Saraki’s Day-to-day Trial According To Umar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
Source

The Nigerian Senate Ethics Committee composed of 11 members met today at the National Assembly in Abuja and hastily decided to jettison plans to summon the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal Danlami Umar.

Saharareporters learnt that members of the tribunal buckled under pressure as they received many calls from constituents condemning the move.

Last week Saharareporters released telephone numbers of all Nigerian lawmakers to the public and yesterday followed up by releasing names and numbers of members of the Ethics Committee including a new mobile number secretly acquired by the chair of the committee, Senator Samuel Anyawu.

The Ethics Committee members had plotted to use the summon of Justice Umar as a means of weakening the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal. Mr Saraki's trial started on Monday over allegations that he failed to declare his assets as required by law.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by ricsman(m): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
hmmm

Senators are number one ghost workers with the highest pay

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
...With this news, I Hope Nothing happens to Chukwudi44.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2016
fake news by sahara reporters.Unless it is announced by the senator Anyanwu led committee.i refuse to believe this thrash from this Tinubu lapdog

8 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:
[s]fake news by sahara reporters.Unless it is announced by the senator Anyanwu led committee.i refuse to believe this thrash from this Tinubu lapdog[/s]

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Trailblazer1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
grin
Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by rottennaija(m): 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:
fake news by sahara reporters.Unless it is announced by the senator Anyanwu led committee.i refuse to believe this thrash from this Tinubu lapdog

If other news agencies carries it, will it still be fake?

23 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
rottennaija:

If other news agencies carries it, will it still be fake?

If the summon is withdrawn,it wont be a secret.The reasons given by sahara reporters for the alleged withdrawal is also too ridiculous!! You think the senate is bothered by phone calls from zombies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by mrphysics(m): 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:
Must you show yourself everytime and everywhere?

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by ehinmowo: 1:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
cool journalism by SR.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
mrphysics:

Must you show yourself everytime and everywhere?

so I should allow Tinubu reporters to continue to spread their stupid propaganda

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by TANTUMERGO007(m): 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
undecided see fake news lipsrsealed
Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by figment232(m): 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by mrphysics(m): 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

so I should allow Tinubu reporters to continue to spread their stupid propaganda

It's their work. Which one is your work?

"propaganda" is relative.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by timmydavids(m): 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
Fingers crossed waiting for how matters will unfold. Kudos to Sahara Reporters for investigative journalism.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by IYIMAN: 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
They have no option

1 Like

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Stalwert: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
[s]
chukwudi44:
[/s]

Acquired e-Pain syndrome AEPS

32 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Pataki: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
Where are those baboons abi na ineffectual buffoons saying that senate will order the IG to arrest Justice Umar? cheesy cheesy As I kindly referred to one of them in an old thread - Intellectual ediot!

Una never jam! By the time Saraki knows what truly hit him, he will be licking his plastic plate like a common street dog filled with ewa agoyin inside kuje prison.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
Pataki:
Where are those baboons abi na ineffectual buffoons saying that senate will order the IG to arrest Justice Umar? cheesy cheesy As I kindly referred to one of them in an old thread - Intellectual ediot!

Una never jam! By the time Saraki knows what truly hit him, he will be licking his plastic plate like a common street dog filled with ewa agoyin inside kuje prison.

only intellectual idiots believe news like this!!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Goke7: 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
even the cct amendment act has been called off, change is real, only losers think otherwise

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by DropShot: 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

This man, how will you feel if it's later confirmed.

By the way, what do you think the Senate can do to Umar if he doesn't honor their invitation?

Soon, you will realize that the NASS role apart from making laws is mainly advisory and cannot enforce anything.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Pataki: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

Chukwudidirin44, why not call your Master and ask him if the news is true or not.

23 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by modath(f): 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2016
They knew they were overreaching themselves but thought they just thought of throwing everything at the case that they could!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by superstar1(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
It is high time these sinators realise that there is no hiding in place for them.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Oche211(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nigeria senate!!!
I thought there is wisdom in multitudes. How come 109 men nd women can't even reason together properly.
Even the president of common sense holders' association is even in their midst.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
k
Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Sunnycliff(m): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
...With this news, I Hope Nothing happens to Chukwudi44.

How much does Tinubu and Co pay you

1 Like

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
These guys are a laughing stock. They have become the joke of the nation. Both the executives and judiciary ridicule them at will.
How did they fall this low. from the enviable heights set by Ken Nnamani and David Mark led senate?
Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by EbukaLive(m): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2016
Papa Chukwudi44 how market?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Withdraws Summon Issued To Umar by dotTEE007(m): 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mtcheeew.....same story everyday,u'd better leave saraki and do smth reasonable,time is going

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group / APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence / 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.