Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group (16199 Views)

We Can’t Afford A Repeat Of Yar’adua/Jonathan Era Now- Northerners / Exercise 'cat Race' Yielding Positive Results, Says Middle Belt Group / Nothing Must Happen To Fani-kayode, South/middle Belt Group Replies North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by mrkunlex(m): 12:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
May head to ICC, ECOWAS Court

ABUJA—WORRIED by the high rate at which ethnic nationalities are being cleansed by suspected herdsmen in the Middle Belt region, a socio-economic group, the Middle Belt Forum, MDF, said it is considering the option of taking the pogrom to the International Court of Justice, ICC, The Hague, to avert a repeat of the Rwandan genocide in Nigeria.

The forum, which expressed grave concerns over the ongoing killings of natives by herdsmen in the region, especially in Adamawa, Taraba, Benue, Plateau and Kogi states, regretted that the world is watching while the situation is gradually snowballing into another Rwanda.

Speaking in Abuja, the President of Middle Belt forum, Dr. Bala Takaya, said the next line of action if the killings continue unabated might be to go to ICC, ECOWAS Court, or to other areas of redress.

According to him, “That is part of our dealings and I don’t think I have to go into detail as to what we are doing about that right now. But we are concerned that this thing is in public, worldwide, just like it happened in Rwanda, the world was watching and killings were going on until the whole thing came to a point where hundreds of thousands of lives were lost before the world woke up to realise that they could have done something to stop the killings in Rwanda. And similarly, this is happening in Nigeria.

“It started gradually in Rwanda. And it is starting gradually here in Nigeria. Probably, even at a higher speed in Nigeria. But the world is watching.

Newspapers are reporting, you have embassies in Nigeria, of the metropolitan countries, I believe they are filing reports to their principals in their countries and the world is doing nothing.

“Must we be wiped out like mosquitoes before they wake up and realise that our people have gone? That is the point that we are making. As to go to ICC, ECOWAS Court, or other areas of redress, leave that one for us; maybe it is next thing we will address.”

The Forum, however, blamed the ongoing pogrom and wanton destruction of lives and property of Middle Belt aborigines by Fulani herdsmen on lopsided appointments of security chiefs, and urged President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately restructure the security architecture to reflect the Federal character as stipulated in the Nigerian constitution.

Dr. Takaya said the killer Fulani herdsmen are now a law onto themselves, adding, “They kill, maim and rape at will. They even brag that in this (Middle Belt) region they (the killer Fulani) have immunity that is superior even to those of our governors and their deputies.”

He continued: “As such, in the Middle Belt region, lives of human beings are now cheaper than those of cows. Hundreds of lives are being lost in Adamawa, Taraba, Benue, Southern Kaduna, Plateau and recently, Kogi State. There is virtually no part of the Middle Belt of Nigeria that is peaceful, making even feeding a major problem. On another side, we do not consider it amusing that the killer Fulani militias demonstrate their power or influence over this government by always choosing to strike as soon as the President rounds off a tour of the despoiled states with even greater viciousness.

“President Buhari should proscribe and declare Fulani herdsmen militia a terrorist organisation immediately.
He should remember that even the Global Terrorist index Fulani herdsmen as the fourth most dangerous group in the world.’’

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/herdsmen-killings-world-watching-repeat-rwanda-middle-belt-group/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
Very true

It's sad indeed

6 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by austinkenneth: 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good morning.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by kernel507: 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
mrkunlex:
May head to ICC, ECOWAS Court
ABUJA—WORRIED by the high rate at which ethnic nationalities are being cleansed by suspected herdsmen in the Middle Belt region, a socio-economic group, the Middle Belt Forum, MDF, said it is considering the option of taking the pogrom to the International Court of Justice, ICC, The Hague, to avert a repeat of the Rwandan genocide in Nigeria.
The forum, which expressed grave concerns over the ongoing killings of natives by herdsmen in the region, especially in Adamawa, Taraba, Benue, Plateau and Kogi states, regretted that the world is watching while the situation is gradually snowballing into another Rwanda.
Speaking in Abuja, the President of Middle Belt forum, Dr. Bala Takaya, said the next line of action if the killings continue unabated might be to go to ICC, ECOWAS Court, or to other areas of redress.
According to him, “That is part of our dealings and I don’t think I have to go into detail as to what we are doing about that right now. But we are concerned that this thing is in public, worldwide, just like it happened in Rwanda, the world was watching and killings were going on until the whole thing came to a point where hundreds of thousands of lives were lost before the world woke up to realise that they could have done something to stop the killings in Rwanda. And similarly, this is happening in Nigeria.
“It started gradually in Rwanda. And it is starting gradually here in Nigeria. Probably, even at a higher speed in Nigeria. But the world is watching.
Newspapers are reporting, you have embassies in Nigeria, of the metropolitan countries, I believe they are filing reports to their principals in their countries and the world is doing nothing.
“Must we be wiped out like mosquitoes before they wake up and realise that our people have gone? That is the point that we are making. As to go to ICC, ECOWAS Court, or other areas of redress, leave that one for us; maybe it is next thing we will address.”
The Forum, however, blamed the ongoing pogrom and wanton destruction of lives and property of Middle Belt aborigines by Fulani herdsmen on lopsided appointments of security chiefs, and urged President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately restructure the security architecture to reflect the Federal character as stipulated in the Nigerian constitution.
Dr. Takaya said the killer Fulani herdsmen are now a law onto themselves, adding, “They kill, maim and rape at will. They even brag that in this (Middle Belt) region they (the killer Fulani) have immunity that is superior even to those of our governors and their deputies.”
He continued: “As such, in the Middle Belt region, lives of human beings are now cheaper than those of cows. Hundreds of lives are being lost in Adamawa, Taraba, Benue, Southern Kaduna, Plateau and recently, Kogi State. There is virtually no part of the Middle Belt of Nigeria that is peaceful, making even feeding a major problem. On another side, we do not consider it amusing that the killer Fulani militias demonstrate their power or influence over this government by always choosing to strike as soon as the President rounds off a tour of the despoiled states with even greater viciousness.
“President Buhari should proscribe and declare Fulani herdsmen militia a terrorist organisation immediately.
He should remember that even the Global Terrorist index Fulani herdsmen as the fourth most dangerous group in the world.’’

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/herdsmen-killings-world-watching-repeat-rwanda-middle-belt-group/
Lalasticlala

They're Fulani Zombi-es. They're complaining because it affects them, enjoy your vote.

Where they not the ones shouting Sai Baba and One Nigeria, what happened?

I was in Benue last three years, all I could see was poverty,pennilessness and destitution. University students were at home, no roads, old infrastructures(buildings), rent as low as a 1000 bucks, I wept for them, yet they're Northerns in their gray matter.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Cooly100: 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
"...We made a disproportionate contribution to the maintenance of the unity of Nigeria at war. We made a sacrifice of over half a million men to keep Nigeria one; we cannot be made to look like cowards. When you want to fight your wars, where do they get soldiers? They come here (Benue). We contributed more than one million men to fight the Nigerian Civil War. We had three quarters of the casualties. What has Nigeria rewarded my people with?...Ortom

The Yorubas and others who worked with these guys to kill off millions of Biafrans should be in front to help these people...right now.

You will see them jumping up and down...telling you how only 120 yoruba farmers defeated the Biafrans all the way from Ore to Umuahia...lol

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by mrkunlex(m): 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
herdsmen carrying ak47, you too carry machine gun, fire anybody that try to disturb your peace.#justmyview

7 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by AngryRebel: 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
Pretending to feel for the North central grin grin grin
Good morning from the south

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Ojiofor: 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
These Middle Belters are not serious,they are still undecided on what to do.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Xander85: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
kernel507:

They're Fulani Zombi-es. They're complaining because it affects them, enjoy your vote.

Where they not the ones shouting Sai Baba and One Nigeria, what happened?

Please don't quote me. Remember the friend of my enemy is my enemy too.

I don't know what these people expect to achieve by just wailing and giving useless press interviews....in Nigeria for that matter! It would have been different if they were in a civilised country that respects the rule of law. Their people have been slaughtered for years in industrial numbers and they're making useless press statements!

A window of opportunity presented itself for them to take the bull by the horns and set their people free, but they were busy doing 'one Nigeria' and chanting sai baba!

They should wait for God to come down from heaven and physically clobber their enemies into submission for them! sad

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by mrkunlex(m): 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
Xander85:

I don't know what these people expect to achieve by just wailing and giving useless press interviews....in Nigeria for that matter! It would have been different if they were in a civilised country that respects the rule of law. Their people have been slaughtered for years in industrial numbers and they're making useless press statements!

A window of opportunity presented itself for them to take the bull by the horns and set their people free, but they were busy doing 'one Nigeria' and chanting sai baba!

They should wait for God to come down from heaven and physically clobber their enemies into submission for them! sad
una babalawo.how come did you know wat i wan talk

6 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
The north central should keep waiting for the world until they become an endangered species. From the self acclaimed heroes they were to glorified cowards getting killed in their dozens and buried in mass graves. Even heaven helps those who help themselves.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by ican2020: 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
You guys voted for him, enjoy your change

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by mrborntodoit: 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
I pity some people !

Let’s wait until e reach their doorstep

1 Like

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Turnedaround: 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
AngryRebel:
Pretending to feel for the North central grin grin grin
Good morning from the south

Hello mr. You've been enjoying yourself since morning, spamming and trolling every thread that as benue killings,

I just hope you're not a sadist, cos it people's life we are all talking here, if you don't feel their pains, don't add to it,

I wonder where you got your mind filled with hatred,
I was not around during the Civil War, but I can tell you, both sides killed themselves, It
war remember

But even with all your tales, and the sitdon look attitude, I wonder how you sleep at night.

This killers sees everybody as the same once you're not fulani, if it happens to your neighbors, and you don't want to care, when it gets to you no one will care too.

Stop this tribal rubbish and do your part, except only if you're a kid, I won't encourage you to start now.

Mind you, I'm not from benue or Taraba, but a Nigerian, who wants peace,

LIVE AND LET'S LIVE.

NIGERIA YOUTHS YES WE CAN

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by dadavivo: 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2018
God knows if I leave this country it will be difficult to come back.

5 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by AngryRebel: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
Turnedaround:

Hello mr. You've been enjoying yourself since morning, spamming and trolling every thread that as benue killings,

I just hope you're not a sadist, cos it people's life we are all talking here, if you don't feel their pains, don't add to it,

I wonder where you got your mind filled with hatred,
I was not around during the Civil War, but I can tell you, both sides killed themselves, It
war remember

But even with all your tales, and the sitdon look attitude, I wonder how you sleep at night.

This killers sees everybody as the same once you're not fulani, if it happens to your neighbors, and you don't want to care, when it gets to you no one will care too.

Stop this tribal rubbish and do your part, except only if you're a kid, I won't encourage you to start now.

Mind you, I'm not from benue or Taraba, but a Nigerian, who wants peace,
U
LIVE AND LET'S LIVE.

NIGERIA YOUTHS YES WE CAN
I only commented on a single Benue... I gat better things to do.
I have no apology for what I said. The north Central, have always seen themselves as north n they joined in the killing during the war. They should have a taste of the demon,they built. Didn't they voted massively for Buhari n for change? They should enjoy it,while it last. What a man sow,thats what he ropes!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Fuckyoumod: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
#LAZYBENUEYOUTH# ARM YOURSELVES AND FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES....

No body go come fight for you..

7 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by benuejosh: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
True that
Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Firefire(m): 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
We warned you people against voting a jihadist and terrorist like the cow in Aso Rock

25 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by shallysgirl: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
austinkenneth:
Good morning.
Yes,they brought it upon themselves.
God forgive me but I feel bitter towards these Benue people after 2015.
May God help them sha.

13 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Debazent: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
The world is really watching..

Check below to join our importation session.
Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
The same people you prefer when it comes to politics have turned their guns and treachery against you. Sorry

11 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Checked86: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
MiddleBelt needs your prayer
Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by desmond2pk: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
Very unfortunate
Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by ahukannakate(f): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
It's really sad, but they voted for the man.
Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by foyeks2001(f): 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
Very sad....and we have a president. Na wa o
Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by Saintsquare(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
AngryRebel:
I only commented on a single Benue... I gat better things to do.
I have no apology for what I said. The north Central, have always seen themselves as north n they joined in the killing during the war. They should have a taste of the demon,they built. Didn't they voted massively for Buhari n for change? They should enjoy it,while it last. What a man sow,thats what he ropes!
Which one exactly is the painment,that they voted for who they want or Biafra?, I don't know if its a must for everyone to do your bidding and if not you rejoice over there death but when same calamity before your tribe you will expect sympathy and remorse smh

3 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by anonymuz(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
They were the target of jihadist called usman Dan fodio who colonise the entire north. And he's a Fulani man. Yet you people went ahead to vote yet another Fulani man called buhari.so what do you expect?even burutai who is from north central can't even help you people. Pity is your case.

5 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
How couldn't people have seen this coming? and when would that ugly bastard called Tinubu apologize for fronting Buhari to the gullible just for selfish reasons, Sowore2019,

7 Likes

Re: The World Is Watching A Repeat Of Rwanda – Middle Belt Group by godofuck231: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
foyeks2001:
Very sad....and we have a president. Na wa o
Where e de? We de find am o

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Impeachment: APC Dares Saraki To Reconvene Senate / "Osinbajo Should Resign And Submit Himself To ICPC" - Deji Adeyanju / Rotimi Amaechi Signs MoU on Rail Modernisation in Sochi, Russia - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.