Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness (34740 Views)

BIAFRA Vs Buratai: International Rights Group Release Evidence Against Army. / We Were Confronted With Proof Of Evidence Against Suspended Judges- CJN / Key Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In Nigerian Bank — Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Jengem: 3:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Michael Wetkas, a detective of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says some of the documents that were evidence of transactions in the foreign account of Senate President Bukola Saraki got burnt.

Wetkas, who was responding to a question from Paul Usoro (SAN), Saraki’s lawyer, on some fund transfers from the senate president’s Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) account to his alleged American Express bank account, said that in the course of his investigation, officials of GTB told him that some of the documents showing the transactions got burnt.

“Several telexes from American Express Bank and facts are here from the bank (GTB),” Wetkas said.

“All the transfer requests made by the investigating team to provide information was an offshoot of a debit transaction that was already consummated on that account, which showed that the bank it carried out.

“There is no doubt that the transaction was actually carried out by American Express Bank.

“There were also police report and an affidavit, which they (GTB) swore to, to show that some of the documents were burnt. There is an affidavit and I believe it was a fire outbreak.”

When Usoro asked: “You did not investigate to find out if American Express Bank exists?”

Wetkas responded: “My investigation was not on American Express Bank, but on the account.”

The defence counsel also asked: “From that form (the telexes showing the alleged transactions) is there any relating to America Express Bank?”

Wetkas: “There was nothing referring to American Express Bank.”

https://www.thecable.ng/gtb-told-evidence-sarakis-foreign-transactions-got-burnt-says-efcc-detective

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Untainted007: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
What else do you expect in this country and from our leaders when every sectors are corrupt.

* Police are corrupt, Customs are corrupt, Immigration officers are corrupt, Navy, Airforce, Civil or 'guguru' defence.
* INEC, Corpers, Banks, all spheres of government, Airport authorities, Schools, Mosques, Churches, Employers, Workers, and many more

I pity the future of our coming generations in this country. No wonder GTbank was able to meet up quickly with their N25billion capital base restructuring of banks during Soludo's reign as CBN governor.

Yet no one ever die and go with money or properties. Sola Saraki defrauded Kwarans yet he died and never went with his stolen funds. Same also his son is following the foot steps of his late dad. God will punish them all who want to turn Nigeria to empty barrens. VANITY UPON VANITY

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by yhemsy62(m): 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by TippyTop(m): 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ok na
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by scribble: 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
Executive fraud in high places...How can Nigeria progress?

When everyone is in on scam?

Police, Bankers, Senators, Cabinet, President

GTBank na wa for u o! cool

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
We know them.....Nigerian banks and corporate governance and ethics are enemies undecided

3 Likes

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by franchizy(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
I still have fate and belief that saraki will be victoros in this case.
this is a mire witch hunter against sarai.
No amont of plopaganda will work. saraki must won this case.
The one sin of saraki is that he disobeyes his party APC to bcoms the senate plesident.
The ilitracy zombies will wept and sorows.
God is with saraki and one with God is majolity.
He who laps last, laps the best.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
The guy above me grin grin grin. Write in your native tongue i can use google translate to read it.

APC wants to attack GTB now grin grin grin

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Ekakamba: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
*singing Africa China's Mr President.*
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Ekakamba: 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
I think he did that intentionally....
Fedayeen:
The guy above me grin grin grin. Write in your native tongue i can use google translate to read it.

APC wants to attack GTB now grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by scribble: 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
Lalasticlala are you a GTBank customer

This thread does not have traditional snake inside but other snakes abound

the snakes eating this country up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Jengem: 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
Mods pretending not to see this thread cool

shine ya eyes shocked shocked shocked

grin
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
ALL LIERS SHALLL PERISH
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by hardywaltz(m): 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
Saraki is a thief

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by englishmart(m): 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
they are in the computer system.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by AntiWailer: 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2016
They are in the systems.

What nonsense document ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Ramanto(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
Saraki yi shaaaaa!!
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by englishmart(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
after saraki goes to prison, who is next in line ?

3 Likes

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Rexphobia(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
just trying to imagine how much Paul Usoro got to take this case. A big hole has been punched in the prosecutor's case
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
franchizy:
I still have fate and belief that saraki will be victoros in this case.
this is a mire witch hunter against sarai.
No amont of plopaganda will work. saraki must won this case.
The one sin of saraki is that he disobeyes his party APC to bcoms the senate plesident.
The ilitracy zombies will wept and sorows.
God is with saraki and one with God is majolity.
He who laps last, laps the best.

English has been murdered on the cross

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by eluquenson(m): 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
GTbank in hot pepper soup, if found guilty of this allegation am very afraid their license might be revoked just as Savannah bank suffered and never woke up till today.

GTbank, my over hyped bank all time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Leviseed: 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dis pple should close dis Saraki case and allow us to rest pls!

5 Likes

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by Dollyak(f): 7:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
Shouldn't there be an electronic copy of the said documents? Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by jackzy: 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
SARAKI ON THE WAY TO JAIL! Like if you agree with me.

16 Likes

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by emmykk(m): 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
when saraki CCT and CCB matter is on front page i quickly start my home work or i sip my cold kerosene.

quote me and tell me what you don
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by blackestboy: 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Aren't these guys making a mess of this prosecution already?

1 Like

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by superstar1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
It is a well known fact that Segun Agbaje and Saraki are bosom friends.

Atimes Saraki flies in GTBank's PJ.

What do you expect?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by blackestboy: 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
emmykk:
h
halimat
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by fabulousmann(f): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
shey na affidavit the bank can swear to two. one that there was fire two that they swore to d first affidavit currenly missing
Re: Evidence Against Saraki Burnt In GTBank - Witness by wengerjay(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
Nawa i

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Election Candidates Meet Vs When Supporters Meet. See Reactions (Pics) / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / Yahaya Kwande: Buhari’s Corruption Fight Is ‘Nonsense’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.