Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant (35750 Views)

Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor / I Regret Being A Medical Doctor / Medical Consultant Salary VS Professor Salary: Proof Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2016
you can click on this link to get the full pay of a medical consultant:

https://www.nairaland.com/3060727/medical-consultant-salary-vs-professor
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by kayboy4y(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2016
What happen to Profs on sabbatical and visiting almost five schools? A prof can earn more than a million naira in a month.
Imagine a prof earning 450k in his school and on a visiting to mor than 3 universities? Half of 450=225 into 3 places. Plus his salary. That's almost 1.2. Apart from if he's on sabbatical leave. quote author=Chinaimporter post=44894933] A medical consultant earns far more than a proffesor in almost all countries of the world. In the united states, an entry level post resident doctor makes from $180k to $500k per annum depending on specialty while even the top proffrsors who are dean of colleges hardly make above $130k.
In nigeria,an entry level government consultant makes about 700k montly excluding outside consultations while a new proffessor make about 430k.
This difference is quite understandable since doctors are quite functional.people who also bring in money for the facilites and also impart knowledge on students while proffesors only impart knowledge and hardly bring in any money to their universties.
Nigeria doctors are one of the most poorly paod in the world that is why we are losing them by thousands to better paying countries like the us,uk,saudi arabia and now even namibia and botswana where they are in very high demand.

[/quote]
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 21, 2016
pacifique:
Consultants because of hazard, teaching and call allowance
. Hazard allowance is just 5000 per month across board whether admin or clinical staff. Some has to be done about it
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by kayboy4y(m): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2016
What happen to Profs on sabbatical and visiting in almost five schools? A prof can earn more than a million naira in a month.
Imagine a prof earning 450k in his school and on a visiting to mor than 3 universities? Half of 450=225 into 3 places. Plus his salary. That's almost 1.2Million naira. Apart from if he's on sabbatical leave.

Other Profs are into consultancy as well.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Onyiridike(f): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2016
sinistermind:
I think professors do... cos most professors are consultants for different companies and also for oda universities.

God bless you!

My uncle is just a lecturer but no doctor in our area is richer than him.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Onyiridike(f): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2016
kayboy4y:
What happen to Profs on sabbatical and visiting in almost five schools? A prof can earn more than a million naira in a month.
Imagine a prof earning 450k in his school and on a visiting to mor than 3 universities? Half of 450=225 into 3 places. Plus his salary. That's almost 1.2Million naira. Apart from if he's on sabbatical leave.

Other Profs are into consultancy as well.

Don't mind some arrogant doctors. Some secondary school teachers in some renowed schools earn more than them.

1 Like

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Dadehmola: 8:45am On Apr 21, 2016
Onyiridike:

Don't mind some arrogant doctors. Some secondary school teachers in some renowed schools earn more than them.

grin grin

Haba!!

This your beef for doctors na die oo

[s]A good number of them are arrogant though, especially the house officers and resident doctors[/s]

You go even see 300l student dey hang stethoscope for car cheesy
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2016
omogin:

Lies. Go and ask the right people before misleading the public. Consultants don't earn as much
Senior registrars in federal teaching hospital earn about 540k at SR1 level, new consultants start with over 700k (Working for just one hospital). New Consultants who have double appointment as university lecturers earn close to or more than a million depending. While consultants who have additional hospitals where they do locum can realise close to 1.5M or more every month.

All these figures are for federal teaching hospitals where CONMESS (A new payment scale for doctors) is fully implemented (Like where I work). Some senior registrars in my hospital earn equal or far more than consultants in some other hospitals e.g state hospitals.

Academic (Non-medical professors) earn way less than medical consultants.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Dadehmola: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2016
tease2lick:
Senior registrars in federal teaching hospital earn about 540k at SR1 level, new consultants start with over 700k (Working for just one hospital).

Bros, these your lies no be here oo..

Who wan pay senior registrar that kind money??

A senior Reg's salary is just in the region of 400k per Month - stop ptyalising falsehood on a faceless forum!!

Na people like you dey spread rumour that year say India beat Super Eagles 99-1 say ball dey turn into lion!! grin
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Gamesmart: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2016
sandraokosun:
i dont know how much these two earn but a ward councillor earns more than them. This remind me of a marriage reception i went to and the speaker of assembly was chairman when their was profs, etc plus the groom dad was a prof.
mr speaker is just a street nigga that barely went to sch, when the speaker was about to give chairman speech he acknwoledge his s.sa and kegites and left the profs, in his words he said "these days everybody claims to be a prof cos of how easy it has become and that he would investigate the claim"

Learn the difference between "earn" and "loot".

They don't mean the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 21, 2016
Dadehmola:

Bros, this your lies no be here oo..

Who wan pay senior registrar that kind money??

A senior Reg's salary is just in the region of 400k per Month - stop ptyalising falsehood on a faceless forum!!

Na people like you dey spread rumour that year say India beat Super Eagles 99-1 say ball dey turn into lion!! grin
Are you a doctor? Do you work at a federal teaching hospital where conmess is fully implemented? Then don't argue cos I work @ one. Your belief does not affect what drops into the accounts of SR1 in my hospital every month.

New senior registrars in my hospital start with over 400k while those @ SR1 level (After 1year as an SR) earn over 500k just like I said earlier.

You may not believe it, but I can convince you by sending you a payslip.

Its not a rumour bro, Its been hapening here since last year. If you're a doctor then you can also join the ARD struggle in your hospital to push your management to also implement the full conmess.

Send me your email, lemme foward you payslips.

Dont ask me the hospital where I work, but its in the north.

I drop my pen here.

2 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by ibadanfinest(m): 9:11am On Apr 21, 2016
angels09:

The earnings are relative and dependent on different factors such as demand for the particular skill and the nature of the individual. There's no clear cut difference. I have seen professors who are bank chairmen in Nigeria. And I have seen medical professor die like chicken.
Professors in education are usually the richest due to multiple income streams. Please uites should talk joor economics department and faculty of education.

Professors in education having multiple income stream as how. Who are they consulting for. Bros I hold B.ed from University of Ibadan and I receive lecture from both faculty of education and dept of economics. I know what am saying.

Faculty of education is the least juicy of all the faculty in any skul. Who do they consult for, ministry of education, a few firm and private skuls.

Economics professors consult for world bank ,IMF, CBN, Nnpc (Energy economics) to mention a few.

Oga abeg no vex me o
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by eyinjuege: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2016
Onyiridike:

Profs. don't generate money to the university?

You must be one of the arrogant doctors we have.

Who generate research grants to the universities?

Do you know how much the universities make from postgraduate students? Who lectures them?

Do you know that some Profs are also consultants to industries, WHO, UNICEF, among others.

It is not all about the basic salary and allowances.

Why so much beef against Drs?

The man in one of his posts clearly stated he's in account dept that does salaries. Yet, you're calling him an arrogant Dr.

Na wah o.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by eyinjuege: 9:16am On Apr 21, 2016
tease2lick:
Are you a doctor? Do you work at a federal teaching hospital where conmess is fully implemented? Then don't argue cos I work @ one. Your belief does not affect what drops into the accounts of SR1 in my hospital every month.

New senior registrars in my hospital start with over 400k while those @ SR1 level (After 1year as an SR) earn over 500k just like I said earlier.

Its not a rumour bro, Its been hapening here since last year. If you're a doctor then you can also join the ARD struggle in your hospital to push your management to also implement the full conmess.

I drop my pen here.

Why would you even say you'd forward such personal details as pay slips of individuals to a complete stranger? That's gross abuse of your position friend.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 21, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Professors in education having multiple income stream as how. Who are they consulting for. Bros I hold B.ed from University of Ibadan and I receive lecture from both faculty of education and dept of economics. I know what am saying.

Faculty of education is the least juicy of all the faculty in any skul. Who do they consult for, ministry of education, a few firm and private skuls.

Economics professors consult for world bank ,IMF, CBN, Nnpc (Energy economics) to mention a few.

Oga abeg no vex me o

Go and see tajuden akanji
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by nopretense: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2016
macino1:

I concord with your explanation
concur, u mean?
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Onyiridike(f): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2016
eyinjuege:

Why so much beef against Drs?

The man in one of his posts clearly stated he's in account dept that does salaries. Yet, you're calling him an arrogant Dr.

Na wah o.

He didn't reveal that before my post.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2016
eyinjuege:

Why would you even say you'd forward such personal details as pay slips of individuals to a complete stranger? That's gross abuse of your position friend.
Because, I'll edit it and strike off the name b4 sending so no one's privacy is breached. Furthermore, the full revised payscale for doctors is available online for public consumption.

I was only trying to cure someone's ignorance who concluded that I was lying.

My bad!
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by ibadanfinest(m): 9:34am On Apr 21, 2016
angels09:

Go and see tajuden akanji

From ADE right. me self na uite o. Most traveled of them all na d Late prof Ogunsanya.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by eyinjuege: 9:37am On Apr 21, 2016
Onyiridike:

He didn't reveal that before my post.

OK, that's alright.

But you should learn to like Drs.
They're nice people and are not arrogant. Some people think they are because they're very factual as in fact based whether its pleasant to hear or not.
Quite a number are shy, and always show restraint even in untoward situations.

Drs are your friends you know.

Hahahaha... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Just felt like preaching to you

1 Like

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2016
ibadanfinest:

From ADE right. me self na uite o. Most traveled of them all na d Late prof Ogunsanya.
Don't read history be a part of it. If someone from abraka OAU LASU and Unilag get hope even unn omo work to make your dreams come to pass because the legends are with you. They're always ready to assist with ground breaking works if you can identify them. Horizons look brighter at UI
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by AreaFada2: 9:55am On Apr 21, 2016
Interesting.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by searchng4love: 9:57am On Apr 21, 2016
eyinjuege:

hmmm wrong indeed.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by omogin(f): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2016
tease2lick:
Senior registrars in federal teaching hospital earn about 540k at SR1 level, new consultants start with over 700k (Working for just one hospital). New Consultants who have double appointment as university lecturers earn close to or more than a million depending. While consultants who have additional hospitals where they do locum can realise close to 1.5M or more every month.

All these figures are for federal teaching hospitals where CONMESS (A new payment scale for doctors) is fully implemented (Like where I work). Some senior registrars in my hospital earn equal or far more than consultants in some other hospitals e.g state hospitals.

Academic (Non-medical professors) earn way less than medical consultants.

Lies
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Onyiridike(f): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2016
eyinjuege:

OK, that's alright.

But you should learn to like Drs.
They're nice people and are not arrogant. Some people think they are because they're very factual as in fact based whether its pleasant to hear or not.
Quite a number are shy, and always show restraint even in untoward situations.

Drs are your friends you know.

Hahahaha... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Just felt like preaching to you

It makes no sense if doctors want the society to respect them while they look down on others.

My point is other professions are also noble and rewarding.

Many honourable, prominent and wealthy men in the society are not doctors.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2016
Onyiridike:

. Then, why do society see doctors as being overpaid?
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Onyiridike(f): 10:13am On Apr 21, 2016
ubecharles:
. Then, why do society see doctors as being overpaid?

ONLY their fellow health workers see them that way.

Many graduates from other disciplines who work with Shell, Total, Chevron, NNPC, CBN, FIRS, NB PLC, among others earn better than doctors.

One doctor in my area who is a surgeon and works in a teaching hospital lives in rented house and drives a cheap car. How can I envy him?
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by eyinjuege: 10:15am On Apr 21, 2016
Onyiridike:

It makes no sense if doctors want the society to respect while they look down on others.

My point is other professions are also noble and rewarding.

Many honourable, prominent and wealthy men in the society are not doctors.

But no Dr has ever disputed the fact that other professions are noble. The OP is most likely not even a medical Dr.
Its other people that always project that notion. Maybe they have some inferiority complex issues?
I think its a known fact that Drs don't have money, so no one should dispute that they are not in the real sense of the word "wealthy". Any wealthy Dr you see has some other non medical businesses he does. Though the definition of wealth may be different for both of us. I don't see what Drs earn capable of making them wealthy. They may just about earn above the average civil servant, but that's just about it. Civil servants (including Drs ) aren't rich or even expected to be rich unless they steal from public coffers.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2016
tease2lick:

I drop my pen here.

you can click on this link to get the full pay of a medical consultant:

https://www.nairaland.com/3060727/medical-consultant-salary-vs-professor
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by ibadanfinest(m): 10:23am On Apr 21, 2016
angels09:

Don't read history be a part of it. If someone from abraka OAU LASU and Unilag get hope even unn omo work to make your dreams come to pass because the legends are with you. They're always ready to assist with ground breaking works if you can identify them. Horizons look brighter at UI

This has nothing to do with losing hope. Its an analysis based on the status quo. If Fayose, Aregbesola and the new Ooni all graduate of ibadan poly can reach the post they are. u can then be anything u wanna be in this world.

My analysis was just based on objectivity not being subjective.
Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Mayflowa(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2016
Chinaimporter:
A medical consultant earns far more than a proffesor in almost all countries of the world. In the united states, an entry level post resident doctor makes from $180k to $500k per annum depending on specialty while even the top proffrsors who are dean of colleges hardly make above $130k.
In nigeria,an entry level government consultant makes about 700k montly excluding outside consultations while a new proffessor make about 430k.
This difference is quite understandable since doctors are quite functional.people who also bring in money for the facilites and also impart knowledge on students while proffesors only impart knowledge and hardly bring in any money to their universties.
Nigeria doctors are one of the most poorly paod in the world that is why we are losing them by thousands to better paying countries like the us,uk,saudi arabia and now even namibia and botswana where they are in very high demand.

You are not exactly correct. A professor in US may well be richer than Medical consultant because they profess over grants daily, some running into millions of dollars.

Same could happen in Nigeria but many of Nigeria professors are lazy

2 Likes

Re: Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant by Nweike1: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
Chinaimporter:
A medical consultant earns far more than a proffesor in almost all countries of the world. In the united states, an entry level post resident doctor makes from $180k to $500k per annum depending on specialty while even the top proffrsors who are dean of colleges hardly make above $130k.

abeg bros, how does one make the move to Namibia or Botswana. I am a specialist obstetrician and gynaecologist with a private hospital in lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? / Policeman In Uniform Gets Himself Drunk After Taking Ogogoro.see Reactions(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.