Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members - NYSC (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members (986570 Views)

Shoutout To All 2015 Batch B Stream 2 Corp Members. Today Is Our POP. / 2016 NYSC Batch A Stream 2 Postponed / Wooow!! Osun State Batch A 2016 Corpers Just Got 60k Each From Davido's Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (645) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by okitaiji(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2016
flamingsword1:
Dear Pcms if you are ready we can take this opportunity to maintain a class action against nysc/Fg. We have enough grounds to do so. Some of us registered before those currently in stream 1 and we we're still DENIED SERVICE within the time which we were meant to do so. Now that 21st is past, we can institute an action at the federal high court and claim for damages. There are actually many damages we can claim for in hundreds of millions.
1. Job loss. I for example have my resignation letter from my job.
2. Emotional harm.
3. Time wasted
4. Misrepresentation on the part of nysc. Etc.
Even if we go for service before we get judgement, it won't stop us from getting damages.
WE CAN DO THIS. THANKS
God bless you, same thinking here but don't know how to go about it. I hope you are a lawyer please lead us on this issue and give us the steps we will follow in order to achieve the result

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by eaglevision(m): 3:21pm On May 22, 2016
phykel:

Its just unfortunate that we can't really mobilise oursef herre. If we caan get phone lines of some print media houses and plead with them to carry our story in their dailies ds week. We can even give them that impression dt we want to protest ds week.
I only have a journalist dt works with channels TV. @Seunokin.Political correspondent at channelstV

Eaglevision
Candicejoy
Fraiser
Sunnepa
Everyone

No To JULY CAMP oooooooooooo

im trying to get the lines of them abosede aderibigbe and co,lets hit the management too in every way we can as well.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by 1mrblitz(m): 3:26pm On May 22, 2016
selvad:
is no defense grin Salam my friend
just keepn it calm, wslm
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 22, 2016
A very robust congratulation to every villager who has suddenly been delivered perhaps in today's church service from thinking in favour of a postponement due to a certain religious ritual called Ramadan fast. I want to shake hands with you & hug you & if possible give you a holy kiss.
I have always kicked against such primitive reasoning. Someone was quick to antagonize on this same thread few days ago when I said Ramadan cannot be a factor to hold down the destinies of about 50,000 armless & harmless battalion of PCMs. He said I am being inconsiderate.
The question remains, IS NYSC A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION? NO!!!!
If PCMs can camp during lent (prio to Easter One month fasting period for catholic Christians where even the eating of meat is prohibited) then, ALL MUSLIMS BETTER GET READY TO CAMP RAMADAN OR NOT! For what is not good for the goose cannot be good for the grander.
Let me again ask, does anybody know the statistics of Muslim PCMs? I can hilariously say that, they are in the minority. Even if they are majority, they certainly cannot be in all the camps! Therefore, for all those graced with a heart of pity & pseudo concern saying, how do u expect someone with empty stomach do engage in parade & man o war drills? Dem go faint o! Listen, who ever said everybody is going to engage in parades and man o war drills in the first place? That certainly has never been the case.
NYSC officials am sure have managed this kind of situation before. You can't tell me that since the inception of the scheme, they have always considered Ramadan is choosing dates & so never has camping been done during Ramadan.
Just incase NYSC lack the reasoning ability to design a way out, we can make recommendations for them, E.g
1. ALL MUSLIM PCMS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO STAY AWAY FROM PARADES & DRILLS BUT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ENGAGE IN IT DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
2. THE KITCHEN WILL NOT COOK TWICE, THEREFORE, AT THE TIME FOOD IS SERVED, EVERYBODY QUEUE UP AND GET YOURS, IF YOU ARE FASTING, KEEP YOUR IN YOUR COOLER TILL YOU ARE READY TO EAT.
Pls & pls, let us stop magnifying this ramadan of a thing.
WONT BUHARI TRAVEL DURING RAMADAN?
WONT THE NIGERIA SOLDIERS WHO ARE MUSLIMS FIGHTING BOKO HARAM CONTINUE OR WILL THEY GO ON VACATION COS OF RAMADAN?
And someone will be quick to say those are essential duties. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, NYSC IS EVEN A MORE ESSENTIAL DUTY TO US cos without going through it & getting the discharge certificate, many of us will never arrive at our dreamland.
I AM SAYING NO! NO!! NO!!! TO NYSC 2016 BATCH A II CAMPING IN JULY!
I AM SAYING RAMADAN IS NOT A FACTOR TO CONSIDER IN CHOOSING DATE!
I AM SAYING NO TO THE CORRUPTION OF OUR DESTINIES!

Constructive criticisms are very much welcomed.
Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by ambifez: 3:29pm On May 22, 2016
The only we can seek redress and prompt intervention is by taking our plights to d media, Nigeria legal terrain is a failed structure, I think its time we visit d media and voice out d evils of continuous postponement of stream11 camping. Fr me if nt d fact its compulsory, which its certificate is a critaria in getting employment, and a barrier to furthering ones study I wld hv preferred not being mobilized in d 1st place. pls let's organise our selfs and march out a protest. fr Nigeria victory is achieved only by terrorism or protest/demonstrations tanx
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by VictorZeus(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2016
Fraiser:
Am not taking it hard boss, all am saying is dat ramadan shud not be a criterial in fixing date of camp, nd I will never recant my words, I dont fuckin.g care about any sensitivity.
Gbam!.... No more No less!.. Statement STAMPED!
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by okitaiji(m): 3:36pm On May 22, 2016
Honeybash:
baby u taking it d oda way he was jst concern abt some muslim broda nd sisters dat cant do witout fasting cos dey cant fast and stil go on wit camp man o war drills na
so if they can not do that let them skip the program now and revalidate their green card for next batch then. Ramadan is not the military holidays that can affect the whole nation.. happy birthday in arrears. age with God grace
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by 1mrblitz(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2016
cnt just pin point hw sm pple reason, we oll ar in d dark inrespect to d actual date f deprture to our various campz, y get ur self wrked up on issue of ramadan, as if mayb thehv gvn an official pronouncemnt, dat ramadan is a barrier, big up pls. #GUSH.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 3:42pm On May 22, 2016
innosaint27:
A very robust congratulation to every villager who has suddenly been delivered perhaps in today's church service from thinking in favour of a postponement due to a certain religious ritual called Ramadan fast. I want to shake hands with you & hug you & if possible give you a holy kiss.
I have always kicked against such primitive reasoning. Someone was quick to antagonize on this same thread few days ago when I said Ramadan cannot be a factor to hold down the destinies of about 50,000 armless & harmless battalion of PCMs. He said I am being inconsiderate.
The question remains, IS NYSC A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION? NO!!!!
If PCMs can camp during lent (prio to Easter One month fasting period for catholic Christians where even the eating of meat is prohibited) then, ALL MUSLIMS BETTER GET READY TO CAMP RAMADAN OR NOT! For what is not good for the goose cannot be good for the grander.
Let me again ask, does anybody know the statistics of Muslim PCMs? I can hilariously say that, they are in the minority. Even if they are majority, they certainly cannot be in all the camps! Therefore, for all those graced with a heart of pity & pseudo concern saying, how do u expect someone with empty stomach do engage in parade & man o war drills? Dem go faint o! Listen, who ever said everybody is going to engage in parades and man o war drills in the first place? That certainly has never been the case.
NYSC officials am sure have managed this kind of situation before. You can't tell me that since the inception of the scheme, they have always considered Ramadan is choosing dates & so never has camping been done during Ramadan.
Just incase NYSC lack the reasoning ability to design a way out, we can make recommendations for them, E.g
1. ALL MUSLIM PCMS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO STAY AWAY FROM PARADES & DRILLS BUT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ENGAGE IN IT DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
2. THE KITCHEN WILL NOT COOK TWICE, THEREFORE, AT THE TIME FOOD IS SERVED, EVERYBODY QUEUE UP AND GET YOURS, IF YOU ARE FASTING, KEEP YOUR IN YOUR COOLER TILL YOU ARE READY TO EAT.
Pls & pls, let us stop magnifying this ramadan of a thing.
WONT BUHARI TRAVEL DURING RAMADAN?
WONT THE NIGERIA SOLDIERS WHO ARE MUSLIMS FIGHTING BOKO HARAM CONTINUE OR WILL THEY GO ON VACATION COS OF RAMADAN?
And someone will be quick to say those are essential duties. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, NYSC IS EVEN A MORE ESSENTIAL DUTY TO US cos without going through it & getting the discharge certificate, many of us will never arrive at our dreamland.
I AM SAYING NO! NO!! NO!!! TO NYSC 2016 BATCH A II CAMPING IN JULY!
I AM SAYING RAMADAN IS NOT A FACTOR TO CONSIDER IN CHOOSING DATE!
I AM SAYING NO TO THE CORRUPTION OF OUR DESTINIES!

Constructive criticisms are very much welcomed.
Thanks!
may God bless you my brother, well said from begining to the end. Nysc do hold camp during lent and no body has ever complained about that. So why should some religious biased PCMs be raising mountain out of mole hill because of ramadan. I repeat ramadan must not and must never be a factor in fixing date of camp.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by eaglevision(m): 3:52pm On May 22, 2016
RAMADAN OR NO RAMADAN!!! We must be in camp this week or nxt week,thats the bottom line #NoToCampingInJuly
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by okitaiji(m): 3:54pm On May 22, 2016
My learned colleague please let us stop all this "for or against" Ramadan talk and let us reason the avenue to mount pressure on this people from now till tomorrow so that we will have the chance of going to camp within the week because we can not endeavor to wait till July, it's not possible...
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2016
okitaiji:
so if they can not do that let them skip the program now and revalidate their green card for next batch then. Ramadan is not the military holidays that can affect the whole nation.. happy birthday in arrears. age with God grace
exactly!!! That is what am saying, if anybody thinks he/she cannot do without observing religious obligations, then that person should not find it difficult to sacrifice this stream for his/her religion... As simple as that...
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by phykel(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2016
eaglevision:
RAMADAN OR NO RAMADAN!!!
We must be in camp this week or nxt week,thats the bottom line
#NoToCampingInJuly
#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly

#NYSCNoToCampInJuly
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by LeEberry(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2016
I don't get the issue of Ramadan........ Our Muslim brothers/sisters eat a heavy breakfast which can last a long period before depletion..
NYSC should just do the needful jare
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 4:02pm On May 22, 2016
eaglevision:
RAMADAN OR NO RAMADAN!!!
We must be in camp this week or nxt week,thats the bottom line
#NoToCampingInJuly
that is what am saying, eagle the truth is that I dont like to involve myself in discussing any issue pertaining to religion but we can not continue to keep silent and face untold hardship and oppression all in the name of religion is a sensitive issue. Its high time voiced out.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2016
LeEberry:
I don't get the issue of Ramadan........ Our Muslim brothers/sisters eat a heavy breakfast which can last a long period before depletion..
NYSC should just do the needful jare
I have been very reluctant to say this, thanks for saying my mind anyway.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by oppybouy(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2016
arshad880:
lmao shomzy whr dem cari u go?
Lol. Kogi. Wetin do ur bbm?
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Olasum(f): 4:10pm On May 22, 2016
I don't why you people are working yourself up cos of Ramadan, there's no where it's stated that the postponement is cos of Ramadan, I beg of you don't drag religion into this, it is the right of every muslim to fast irrespective of any scheme, NYSC isn't a religious organization, I won't support it if their excuse now is Ramadan.
And please stop insulting another person religion because of NYSC incompetence, it's not right.
Any muslim that can't go through drills should wait for the next batch or better still skip drills.
Don't turn this village into something else, NYSC caused this not a particular religion.
Cc:
Fraiser
innosaint27

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2016
1mrblitz:
cnt just pin point hw sm pple reason, we oll ar in d dark inrespect to d actual date f deprture to our various campz, y get ur self wrked up on issue of ramadan, as if mayb thehv gvn an official pronouncemnt, dat ramadan is a barrier, big up pls. #GUSH.
bros we need to talk about it because we need to act proactively. This is not a matter of bigging up of bigging down.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by 1mrblitz(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2016
Fraiser:
bros we need to talk about it because we need to act proactively. This is not a matter of bigging up of bigging down.
fine, we ndeed hv to take pro active measurez cos we oll tired f d postponemnts, bt atleast in a defined manner, dnt like d way sm pple takin d ramadan ish too personal.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2016
okitaiji:
My learned colleague please let us stop all this "for or against" Ramadan talk and let us reason the avenue to mount pressure on this people from now till tomorrow so that we will have the chance of going to camp within the week because we can not endeavor to wait till July, it's not possible...
baba the bitter truth is that if we are to be in camp by next week or upper week, then we must be very audible enough in this issue of no postponement of camp because of ramadan because the DG has already said that he will get back to his management team to delibrate on that so our hashtag now should be #NoPostponementBecauseOfRamadan.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by flamingsword1: 4:20pm On May 22, 2016
sasquareT:

I'm with you on this....pls my fellow PCMs we can do this all we need is just to narrate our ordeal to any of the human right activist lawyers and bingo our voice will be heard......
pls if u have any of activist lawyers contact u can drop it online for those of us who will like to call them.
Please you can share this in any social media page or groups with pcms. When we have reasonable number, we can contact Falana. A Pcm won a case against nysc some few years back
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by sydneyboss(m): 4:25pm On May 22, 2016
Fraiser:

bro, the reason I asked about the Ramadan was because a Muslim person called him and complained that he can't be in camp during fasting cos of the activities and I was mad at him because he can't speak for thousands of Pcms. at times we kill ourselves by ourselves.... I support whatever u and candicejay and phykel are doing... I'm signing into it
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by CandiceJay(f): 4:27pm On May 22, 2016
Ah ah, ki lo shele. I just entered the village and i am seeing Ramadan fight. Please o, it is not a fighting matter and dis isn't the fault of our Muslim brethren abeg. You people should chill, dis nysc thing is causing tension, i get.

And the DG only hinted that it "might" be put into consideration bt we do not stand for that. It does not mean we should go all hard on Muslim PCMs. We simply tell the nysc officials that our muslim brethren be excluded from stressful activities. Cmon na, one house please.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 4:27pm On May 22, 2016
Olasum:
I don't why you people are working yourself up cos of Ramadan, there's no where it's stated that the postponement is cos of Ramadan, I beg of you don't drag religion into this, it is the right of every muslim to fast irrespective of any scheme, NYSC isn't a religious organization, I won't support it if their excuse now is Ramadan.
And please stop insulting another person religion because of NYSC incompetence, it's not right.
Any muslim that can't go through drills should wait for the next batch or better still skip drills.
Don't turn this village into something else, NYSC caused this not a particular religion.
Cc:
Fraiser
innosaint27
am not insulting any religion all am saying is that camp date should not be fixed by considering ramadan as a factor and I still maintain my stand.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by flamingsword1: 4:28pm On May 22, 2016
okitaiji:
God bless you, same thinking here but don't know how to go about it. I hope you are a lawyer please lead us on this issue and give us the steps we will follow in order to achieve the result
Yes am a lawyer and I have been practicing for 6months now. Just resigned from my job. The first step is to get reasonable number of Pcm in order to sign and act on behalf of other pcms. Then we can file an action in court. We can meet a SAN like Falana to lead the case. A Pcm won a similar case against nysc some few years back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 22, 2016
Fraiser:
baba the bitter truth is that if we are to be in camp by next week or upper week, then we must be very audible enough in this issue of no postponement of camp because of ramadan because the DG has already said that he will get back to his management team to delibrate on that so our hashtag now should be #NoPostponementBecauseOfRamadan.

Bro, I believe we have lit a fire already, those with eagle eyes may fuel it. Some think we are overworking ourselves on this matter. It is a pity many Nigerians lack the culture of being proactive. A stitch in time they, saves nine. The DG has said, the issue of Ramadan will be considered in a meeting involving his directors to decide if Ramadan should be considered or not in choosing a date, some of us are busy casting stones to "dwarf" the vibrant "giant".
Whatever we are suffering now is a product of the decisions they took yesterday & now we have a chance to influence the decisions of tomorrow in our favour, many are telling us to hold our peace like they told blind bartemeus is the bible, WE WILL NOT HOLD OUR PEACE UNTIL WE ARRIVE THE SHORES OF VICTORY!

Thanks bro!

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by sasquareT(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2016
CandiceJay:
Ah ah, ki lo shele. I just entered the village and i am seeing Ramadan fight. Please o, it is not a fighting matter and dis isn't the fault of our Muslim brethren abeg. You people should chill, dis nysc thing is causing tension, i get.

And the DG only hinted that it "might" be put into consideration bt we do not stand for that. It does not mean we should go all hard on Muslim PCMs. We simply tell the nysc officials that our muslim brethren be excluded from stressful activities. Cmon na, one house please.
na w ourself go carry our hand postpone this camping again with this Ramadan ish wet una dey talk...
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2016
1mrblitz:
fine, we ndeed hv to take pro active measurez cos we oll tired f d postponemnts, bt atleast in a defined manner, dnt like d way sm pple takin d ramadan ish too personal.
the truth is that I am not a religious type of person and I believe all the religions worship one God, so I should not be seen as being biased or undermining a particular religious believe, If camping were to be postponed because of lent as observed by christians, I will also rise against it the way am doing now.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 22, 2016
flamingsword1:

Yes am a lawyer and I have been practicing for 6months now. Just resigned from my job. The first step is to get reasonable number of Pcm in order to sign and act on behalf of other pcms. Then we can file an action in court. We can meet a SAN like Falana to lead the case. A Pcm won a similar case against nysc some few years back.

I am solidly in support of a sue should the need arise. This is the second time I am giving u my support today! The game of football requires team play but sometimes you just need the brilliance of one player to make a difference.
Howbeit, let us keeping fighting & expect a miraculous outcome this week.
God bless

1 Like

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by CandiceJay(f): 4:39pm On May 22, 2016
sasquareT:

na w ourself go carry our hand postpone this camping again with this Ramadan ish wet una dey talk...

Meaning? Quote me for the right reasons.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members by Fraiser(m): 4:42pm On May 22, 2016
sydneyboss:

bro, the reason I asked about the Ramadan was because a Muslim person called him and complained that he can't be in camp during fasting cos of the activities and I was mad at him because he can't speak for thousands of Pcms. at times we kill ourselves by ourselves.... I support whatever u and candicejay and phykel are doing... I'm signing into it

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (645) (Reply)

Your NYSC Questions Answered / NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.