Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy (19039 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by lioness(f): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2006
cool
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by vivi(f): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2006
didnt nobody tell her 2 protect herself?
poor baby. abegmake she leave am o or she go regret
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Coco29(f): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2006
i understand how yr friend may feel, my son was only 8 months old when my ex-husband and i found out that i was 3 months pregnant, every one thought that it would be a good idea to GET RID OF IT however i had to turn to the most high. against my husband and doctors i had my son, he is 8yrs old and so in love with me.

you may think that the situation is so bad, that it is the only way out, you may also think that i live in London where life is easier, but at the time my husband and i had nothing infact we were being kicked out for rent arrears and countless other problems.

one thing i have learned in all my years is that  WOMAN ARE BLESSED WITH THE GIFT OF SURVIVAL, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE THROWS AT US WE ALWAYS BOUNCE BACK. i am not one to say do not terminate, but a six month pregnancy is a sin, it should not be done. sad
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Radiant(f): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2006
WOW!!! Coco may God continue to give you the strength you need to survive. sad
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Ndipe(m): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2006
@Coco, in as much as your story is inspirational, are you implying that if the pregnancy was not advanced, then it would not have been a sin to terminate it?
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 09, 2006
@Coco

No offence but your situation is 1000X better than this girl's. You had a husband and a family that you could depend on, so I don't get why they wanted you to get rid of the baby undecided. This girl has nobody to lean on except the starter of this thread apparently, her situation is dire but adoption is always an option and conceivably better than killing the baby.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by osegwu(m): 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2006
You guys are still discussing this issue when the child
by now has started calling the mother's lovers uncle

Still me
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Coco29(f): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2006
Donzman:

@Coco

No offence but your situation is 1000X better than this girl's. You had a husband and a family that you could depend on, so I don't get why they wanted you to get rid of the baby undecided. This girl has nobody to lean on except the starter of this thread apparently, her situation is dire but adoption is always an option and conceivably better than killing the baby.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by lioness(f): 9:13am On Dec 14, 2006
Is this termination still on?
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by diyobdw(f): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2006
lioness:

Is this termination still on?
am surprised too undecided
Thou shall not kill? hmm, why not?!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by culasi(m): 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2006
I am against abortion. I would advise her to have the child.
She needs to get involved with church activities or do something meaningful for her life. Life is not all about sex or having kids.

The bad thing now is that she is not married. She should pls control herself and pls if she must have sex, always use a condom so as not to give her mother more problems. (as in raising another child for her shocked)
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by lioness(f): 9:44am On Dec 19, 2006
maybe she'll bring the child to you when she's had it. undecided
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by nancyekpoh(f): 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2006
I don't support abortion because it is murder. She has made the mistake already nothing should stop her having the baby, she can adopt the child after delivery.

And I beg help me tell her to zip up.

1 Like

Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Ndipe(m): 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2006
Hello Nancy,

Abeg, one question, did you grow up in Calabar? I had a primary school teacher at UNICAL staff school named Mrs. Ekpoh. My favorite teacher, and I have lost touch with her. She and her husband lived in State Housing, Calabar.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Godsgirl(f): 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2007
Well, since this thread is old, I would say, hopefully she decided to keep the little one and also spare her own life as well.

Abortion is murder.

Agape!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by culasi(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2007
kool. please continue to lecture them.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by MsEbz(f): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2007
I hope no religious nuts got into this girl's mind, Abortion isn't murder at least not before 24-25 weeks.

I'm interested to know if she got the abortion or if she kept the pregnancy.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Godsgirl(f): 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2007
This has nothing to do with religion, FYI I am not "religious" I am Christian- There is a huge difference.  angry

Human life begins at conception for your information. One cannot say that once the dr/preg test reveals they are pregnant, that there is no life in their womb. If it were so, why does the dr advice the mother to avoid several things during the first critical early stages of dev? (Ist three weeks)

Abortion is a clear-cut evil. Whoever wants to abort their child, go on and do it. As for me, It is dead wrong! Yes, Godsgirl is used to being careful by saying, "this is my opinion" but honey, as for this topic, "This is a fact".  I respect women who have done this but now realise the magnitude of what they have done-such women get help quicker than those in denial (who at large face Major Depression with Suicidal Ideations and attempts) Frequently woman who do this face this sort of guilt and are often too ashamed to voice their regret and this is the most painful.

The one who has a conscience would advice their fellow woman not to make the same mistake they have made. For those who do not have an ounce of regret after doing such a thing---I believe, the person's conscience has been sealed and if this is the case, I am sorry for that individual.

Just because you cannot see the air you are breath, does not mean it isn't there, same thing goes for your womb, Just because tests say you are pregnant and your belly has not started to show, does not mean is life is not in there.

Although we have free will to make our own decisions, It does not mean the decisions we make are always wise ones.

ABORTION IS NOT BIRTH CONTROL PEOPLE!!! GET IT RIGHT!!!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Ndipe(m): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2007
For the abortion advocates, I should ask, "Would you have been happy if you were aborted"? Or do you honestly think those babies in the womb do not feel any pain?
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Esss(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2007
Ndipe:

For the abortion advocates, I should ask, "Would you have been happy if you were aborted"? Or do you honestly think those babies in the womb do not feel any pain?

Hellz yes. I would have been better off. Babies dont feel pain. Their brains aren't even developed. If you cant handle the responsibility, ******* it.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Godsgirl(f): 3:19am On Jul 29, 2007
shocked

Oh well, I guess someone has his mind set.

At least you are not double minded on your stance-I respect you for that.
Agape!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by honeylove2(f): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2007
:-Xhaaaa! she is on a tight coner i am short of words. it is very unsafe please if she can keep it, though very hard to face but will sound better. but if not then, she must have to choose between life and death.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by moondust(m): 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2007
she's gotta be totally out of her mind to even think of terminating a six month old pregnancy. let her keep the pregnancy since she couldn't keep her pants on.
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2007
hi,
TELL HER NOT 2 TRY IT.INSTEAD LET HER HAVE ITR & SEND 2 MOTHERLESS BABIES'S HOME OR GIVE IT 2 THOSE LOOKING 4 A CHILD B/C THEY ARE MUCH.MOREOVER BEFORE D ABORTION IS COMPLETED SHE DIE FIRST.
BUNMI COMPLETED SERVICE IN KEBBI FEBURARY 2006 BATCH A,5MONTHS PREGNANT AND RETURNED FOR CENSUS EXERCISE IN MARCH.ATTEMPTING TO ABORT A 5MONTHS PREGNANCY,D INNOCENT CHILD TOOK HER ALONG.BUNMI WAS VERY PRETTY AND HAD HER LIFE AHEAD OF HER BUT ABORTION TERMINATED THAT.I CAN NEVER FORGET BUNMI B/C ALTH SHE WAS AHEAD OF ME,I MET HER THR HER FRIEND.SHE WAS A COOL CHIC N I LEARNT THERE WAS NO REASON 4 HER DOING THAT IN THE 1ST PACE.
PLEASE DONT FOR ANY REASON ABORT EVEN 1MONTH ABEG.WHAT IF YOU WERE ABORTED WOULD YOU BE HERE?
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Emad(f): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2009
how did it go?? grin
Murderer!!
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by jeebeewell: 9:45am On Feb 10, 2009
Tell your friend that she should give that baby a chance to live. If she KILL that baby
and survive the process she can never contain the guilt because it will hunt her all through her life.
she will be cloth with shame and condemnation for the rest of have life.
I ADVICE HER TO GIVE THE BABY A CHANCE TO LIVE, MAYBE HE/SHE WILL BE THE CHILD OF HER
CONSOLATION

1 Like

Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by Omolola1(f): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2009
My dear, tell that your friend to go and abort the pregnancy because she wan die

when burial comes, i go come chop for una house grin

MURDERER!
How she go abort SIX MONTHS PREGNANCY! Even am against aborting pregnancy at a very early stage not to talk of ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX MONTHS PREGNANCY! What was she looking at all this while! hmmmmmn lipsrsealed
If she does that then she does not have a HEART! angry
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by tpia: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by MadMax1(f): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2009
What's wrong with waiting until you're married to get pregnant? You're not independent, you can't keep your legs together and you're not acquianted with birth control. A six-month foetus has a brain and feels pain. It might be 'embarrassing' to have a baby at this time, but your siblings are not the boss of you, and the child's life outweighs every other consideration. You'd better make plans and convince the father involved in the child's upkeep. Once your family knows the guy will help they'll change their tune. If he won't help and you don't want it, give it up for adoption.

Aborting a six months old foetus means going through labour and childbirth to expel it from your womb. Labour will be induced,you'll give birth, it'll be alive but die soon. That's what aborting a child as old as that means.Why not wait three months and go through the same process to expel a living one, and give it to the willing to adopt?

The insanely selfish reasons people use to rationalise casually ending a child's life are unbelievable. You're alive. What right do you have to terminate a baby's life,not to save yours or spare it the affliction of disease, but because a man bailed on you? And yet you're walking around with the same life you want to deprive the child of.
Don't do it. Give it up for adoption.

1 Like

Re: Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy by dellynash(f): 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2009
pfffffffffffffffffffffff (sighs) she has the first child out of wedlock and still sleeps with another man without a condom, this is really crazy. I think this your friend really likes sex so much She shouldn't try abortion is too late now. Let her keep it and work hard to carter for the children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Hails Wife For Cooking For Him A Day After Returning From Child Birth / Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women / My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.