Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (79099 Views)

Chinwoke Mbadinuju At Alex Ekwueme's Burial In Anambra (Photos) / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos) / Buhari Being Decorated With The Rank Of Major-General, 1983 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
New developing area in Awka (Ngozika extension)

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by OreMI22: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
post=51229642:
Awka flyovers

Awka needs one more flyover at Regina Caelis crossing the expressway.

Onitsha needs at least 3 flyovers crossing the expressway at
1. New Cemetery road - Oraifite road,
2. At Oba Junction crossing the Onitsha -Owerri road for those going to Nnewi from Onitsha and those heading to Owerri from Nnewi and
3. A small flyover connecting Ezeiweka road Awada from Onitsha -Owerri road. This one is just to make it easy to access Ezeiweka when coming from Onitsha and to connect towards going to Owerri when coming from Ezeiweka road.

These flyovers will remove the usual bottlenecks as buses and pedestrians struggle to cross the express to access these important roads bisected by the express way.

I hope Obiano builds at least two flyovers in Onitsha within his second term.

3 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
These are projects we expect gov Obiano to complete in Awka

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by OreMI22: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
post=62704825:

While many people will say a lot of Housing estates have taken off, i hope Obiano gets more housing developers in his second term. The acute shortage of decent housing in Awka makes Anambra civil servants to live outside the city due to the unbelievably expensive rent on 1945 buildings in the old city. Awka needs at least 10 years of constantly opening new estates to meet it's housing requirements. Therefore, i'm glad Obiano jettisoned the tactics of former Governors of delaying the signing of MOU for very unknown reasons which frustrated the housing development in the place for a long time.

I also hope they have removed ALL obstacles to planned development of Akpaka Forest into GRA Phase II Onitsha. Once the Nkisi road is dualized from GRA Onitsha and spurs into Nkwelle Ezunaka road until it meets the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, people can move up to Nkwelle Ezunaka to access vast land and everybody does not need to crowd into Onitsha for lack of roads to the surburbs.

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
OreMI22:

Awka needs one more flyover at Regina Caelis crossing the expressway.

Onitsha needs at least 3 flyovers crossing the expressway at
1. New Cemetery road - Oraifite road,
2. At Oba Junction crossing the Onitsha -Owerri road for those going to Nnewi from Onitsha and those heading to Owerri from Nnewi and
3. A small flyover connecting Ezeiweka road Awada from Onitsha -Owerri road. This one is just to make it easy to access Ezeiweka when coming from Onitsha and to connect towards going to Owerri when coming from Ezeiweka road.

These flyovers will remove the usual bottlenecks as buses and pedestrians struggle to cross the express to access these important roads bisected by the express way.

I hope Obiano builds at least two flyovers in Onitsha within his second term.

Gov Obiano proposed one overhead bridge at Regina Caelis junction and pedestal bridge at Kenneth Dike E-Library Awka, these are the ones I'm away

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by achi4u(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
OreMI22:

While many people will say a lot of Housing estates have taken off, i hope Obiano gets more housing developers in his second term. The acute shortage of decent housing in Awka makes Anambra civil servants to live outside the city due to the unbelievably expensive rent on 1945 buildings in the old city. Awka needs at least 10 years of constantly opening new estates to meet it's housing requirements. Therefore, i'm glad Obiano jettisoned the tactics of former Governors of delaying the signing of MOU for very unknown reasons which frustrated the housing development in the place for a long time.

I also hope they have removed ALL obstacles to planned development of Akpaka Forest into GRA Phase II Onitsha. Once the Nkisi road is dualized from GRA Onitsha and spurs into Nkwelle Ezunaka road until it meets the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, people can move up to Nkwelle Ezunaka to access vast land and everybody does not need to crowd into Onitsha for lack of roads to the surburbs.
Nice one OreMI22.

Wish the governor will see this your suggestions.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
OreMI22:

Excellent bro, he is fully aware, the battle is over, men back to sites, gradually by the time he's done lot of changes across the our state we will witness.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
Awka

2 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2017
Eke awka market

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
Nice pictures from you guys, keep it up
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by legitnow: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
post=62705598:

Excellent bro, he is fully aware, the battle is over, men back to sites, gradually by the time he's done lot of changes across the our state we will witness.

One major factor of success in the construction of real Estate, it the inclusion of local shops being equally well built so the residence can find a place to buy majority of wat they need, in cases of emergency without commuting to the market. They should try and include shops in their urban design. I dont mean market but local lock up shops that are built like the houses.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Cjrane2: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
legitnow:

One major factor of success in the construction of real Estate, it the inclusion of local shops being equally well built so the residence can find a place to buy majority of wat they need, in cases of emergency without commuting to the market. They should try and include shops in their urban design. I dont mean market but local lock up shops that are built like the houses.

I agree.
I think they should make space for within the estate for an area where commercial shops can be built to sell common household goods as toilet rolls, beverages, bread etc. It goes a long way in making the lives of the people easier.

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by legitnow: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

I agree.
I think they should make space for within the estate for an area where commercial shops can be built to sell common household goods as toilet rolls, beverages, bread etc. It goes a long way in making the lives of the people easier.

post=62705598:

If u really want to improve the value of the Estate then the shops should be sited along the full stretch of the major road to each close on all sides.

The business regulated and equally spaced out so that it will be viable. Not a case of everybody selling one thing next to each other.

We are talking about proper business planning that will be replicated and repeated across the entire development.

The shops should be built to cater for small and medium scale businesses. (SME.)

U cannot just build estate without service provisions.

i.e one pharmacy, dry cleaners, stationery and associated materials, processed grocery such as milk, biscuit, farm produce(organic), suya/sharwama, post office, tiles/carpet, etc.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by AmericanQuarter: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
post=62704825:

A lot of brand new well planned estates are ongoing around the city. This is a new estate just beside Ngozika extension. Government is providing land(CofO) and access roads to the investors. Investors are encouraged. They should consider power projects too.

3 Likes

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by legitnow: 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
AmericanQuarter:

A lot of brand new well planned estates are ongoing around the city. Government is providing land(CofO) and access roads to the investors. Investors are encouraged. They should consider power projects too.

Wide spread provision of solar panel for short term power supply during the afternoon, whilst they make relevant provision for long term power supply. There should always be a short term and long term plan with regards to energy. In case one fails the other could be back up.
Power blackout should be a relegated thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by horsepower101: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
legitnow:

Wide spread provision of solar panel for short term power supply during the afternoon, whilst they make relevant provision for long term power supply. There should always be a short term and long term plan with regards to energy. In case one fails the other could be back up.
Power blackout should be a relegated thing of the past.

Solar power is the main source of power for so many developing and developed countries. I actually think we don't have a choice at this point but to adopt full scale solar and wind power for residential areas.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by legitnow: 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2017
horsepower101:

Solar power is the main source of power for so many developing and developed countries. I actually think we don't have a choice at this point but to adopt full scale solar and wind power for residential areas.

Every compound should have solar panel and storage facilities, it is far more economical and reliable that generators. I am surprise that the East is still very slow to catch up to this.

This was one of the main priorities that i factored into the construction of my house in the village. Solar panels on the roof.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by horsepower101: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2017
legitnow:

Every compound should have solar panel and storage facilities, it is far more economical and reliable that generators. I am surprise that the East is still very slow to catch up to this.

This was one of the main priorities that i factored into the construction of my house in the village. Solar panels on the roof.

Gbam. Especially now the price of solar has crashed and is very affordable to buy and install. It will be stupid for anyone to build a house in Nigeria today without installing solar panels and storage battery.

It may be a little more expensive than lister generator but the saving on petrol and noise it's worth it.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by legitnow: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
horsepower101:

Gbam. Especially now the price of solar has crashed and is very affordable to buy and install. It will be stupid for anyone to build a house in Nigeria today without installing solar panels and storage battery.

It may be a little more expensive than lister generator but the saving on petrol and noise it's worth it.

Exactly, in Africa we have abundance of sun, therefore u have abundance of energy source during the day.

At night, we dont consume that much energy becos we are mostly asleep for a maximum of 8hrs or a little more.

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by nwabobo: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
post=62704825:

I have more than 10 plots just after this extension on the Isu axis. I hope Obiano extends the road as we were assured before we invested.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by nwabobo: 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
post=62703766:

How far grin grin

Awka

Where in Awka is this? Secretariat?
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2017
nwabobo:

Where in Awka is this? Secretariat?
Yes
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
nwabobo:

I have more than 10 plots just after this extension on the Isu axis. I hope Obiano extends the road as we were assured before we invested.
Gov Obiano will focus on roads especially new developing areas, he also promised to dualise roads in major cities
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Cjrane2: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
post=62709420:

Gov Obiano will focus on roads especially new developing areas, he also promised to dualise roads in major cities

I am appreciative and at the same time feel sorry for Obiano. For the longest time since the state was developed, nobody cared about dualizing any roads in Anambra cities. Now he has the uneviable task of breaking down so many structures to make road expansion possible.

In Onitsha, he could completely ban parking along all major roads as Oguta road, Awka road, New Cemetery road, old and new market roads, Modebe avenue, and even new areas of town as Oraifite street, Ezeiweka street etc. Onitsha is so compact that i can't see how these roads can be expanded reasonably. It may make sense to tar them gutter to gutter and mark them well, then enforce the NO PARKING on major roads laws.

The trump card Obiano can do for development in Anambra will be to do two critical roads that will help Onitsha and Awka expand in an orderly way into a virgin area which will be well planned. Using Aguleri as the cardinal point north of both cities, a dual carriage way linking both major cities with Aguleri will open up the vast land between Onitsha - Aguleri and from Awka to Aguleri. First phase is to dualize Nkisi road dualization to join the Nkwelle Ezunaka road dualization ending at Enugu-Onitsha expressway.

Second phase is Dualize the Aguleri to Onitsha road (Nkisi road extension ) and the Aguleri to Nteje road. That singular effort will open up that area for both agro-based industrialization and make affordable land available for expansion of Awka and Onitsha in the right direction. The Aguleri to Nteje road dualization will also open up the area for the Anamabra airport city (aerotropolis city) for other private investors to buy into that project to succeed.

Most importantly, DONOT BREAK UP THE EXISTING ROAD TO SPLIT IT INTO TWO. Construct an entirely new lane beside the existing road so that the dualization does not result in untold hardship from destroying the existing roads to do it. Construction companies like to split & destroy the existing road when they dualize, so that they can hold the government at ransom to complete the project.

Also, When dualizing these roads, start from both ends of the city , so that completed segments each yer can help Onitsha and Awka to be expanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
Awka....

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2017
More Awka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

I am appreciative and at the same time feel sorry for Obiano. For the longest time since the state was developed, nobody cared about dualizing any roads in Anambra cities. Now he has the uneviable task of breaking down so many structures to make road expansion possible.
He will try his best, there are dualised roads in Awka done by previous governors Agu Awka to Amawbia was dualised under Ngige/Peter Obi, Esther Obiakor road under Mbadinuchu, Alex Ekwueme road was done by Mbadinuchu, GRA road, gov Obiano started Greenwood dualise road Agu Awka although not completed, Peter Obi dualised Harbour industrial road Onitsha, Obi/Obiano reconstructed Onitsha/Enugu road, gov Obiano reconstructed Awka section to Amawbia. Anambra need more dualise roads in Awka, Nnewi and Nkwelle

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2017
Obiano needs to start work already.

What is he waiting on?

I hope he didn't share the state funds during the election!

That man should create a new road that will cut across ifite to amawbia.

Road should be a double lane

Only buildings 10 stories and above should be allowed along said road.

Obiano should wake up
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2017
Awka..stanel/ifite

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by nonsobaba: 8:46am On Nov 26, 2017
raker300:
Obiano needs to start work already.

What is he waiting on?

I hope he didn't share the state funds during the election!

That man should create a new road that will cut across ifite to amawbia.

Road should be a double lane

Only buildings 10 stories and above should be allowed along said road.

Obiano should wake up
Keep quiet! Obiano is wide awake. If he was sleeping on the job, he wouldn't have gotten a landslide go-ahead vote from Anambra voters. Anambra state is making progress everyday, one step at a time.

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 9:04am On Nov 26, 2017
Cjrane2:

In Onitsha, he could completely ban parking along all major roads as Oguta road, Awka road, New Cemetery road, old and new market roads, Modebe avenue, and even new areas of town as Oraifite street, Ezeiweka street etc. Onitsha is so compact that i can't see how these roads can be expanded reasonably. It may make sense to tar them gutter to gutter and mark them well, then enforce the NO PARKING on major roads laws.
You made good points there but this one will be difficult especially around Onitsha, Oraifite and Ezeiweka streets with their high population density just like the rest of Awada, Nkpor, increasingly Obosi, Ogidi, Oba, 3-3 etc are all characterized by 4-6 storey buildings with little or no parking space for the occupants and you know that car ownership rate is quite high in Onitsha. People would have no other option than to park along the streets and roads, this suggestion can only be possible in GRA with its lower population density.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by OMANBALA1: 9:08am On Nov 26, 2017
Some of the things I expect Obiano to address after his victory parade.

To dualize all the major roads in the three major towns of Nnewi,Onicha and Oka.

Finish the airport you started.

Complete all power projects and ensure steady power supply for the industrial clusters.

Make sure all the abandoned malls and hotels like Agulu and the one at Onicha are completed.
Fix that derelict eke Oka.

Make Anambra the destination for education like tertiary institutions and make our secondary schools the most sought after.

Finish the orient refinery and increase production up to 50,000 barrel a day.

Retrain all those poorly educated teachers that are teaching our kids nonsense...This is very dear to me. Most of these teacher can't spell their own name.

Teachers college must be upgraded to the best capacity.

Decongestion of Onicha main market...What goes on at Onicha is third world trading. These traders must sell up, form a cooperative and with the support of the government go into production not selling some cheap goods from China. It takes a radical to carry out this very task...Onicha much change !!

To be cont'd

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / Rebecca Ishaku Excited Seeing Released Chibok Girls On TV - Pics/Video / This Is The House Where Gen Buhari Was Born (photos) + Meet His Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.