Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (79097 Views)

Chinwoke Mbadinuju At Alex Ekwueme's Burial In Anambra (Photos) / Governor Wike Greets Peter Obi During PDP Primaries In Anambra (Photos) / Buhari Being Decorated With The Rank Of Major-General, 1983 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Yyeske(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Decongestion of Onicha main market...What goes on at Onicha is third world trading. These traders must sell up, form a cooperative and with the support of the government go into production not selling some cheap goods from China. It takes a radical to carry out this very task...Onicha much change !!

To be cont'd
Good points you proffered too but decongesting Main Market has been ongoing over the years, remember when traders dealing in electrical fittings were moved to Oba from Moore, Sanniez etc streets, other traders took over, same happened when electronics traders were moved from Iweka road to the express, Abada traders from Nottidge, Key and building material traders to Ogidi etc, you'll find out that another group of traders take their place leading to the congestion around Main Market. Solution to this IMHO is that government should stop other traders going to those places that had been decongested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by OMANBALA1: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2017
A comprehensive drainage system in Onicha and environs, Awka and environs and Nnewi.

Those little tiny roads in Nnewi should be made a one way traffic ,instead of two ways that cause unnecessary traffic jams.

I want aggressive reforestation of Anambra... We have very little land and we must use them judiciously. Some best trees native to our soil must be plated. I want 2 million trees planted every year for the next 5 years.

I don't want to see barren ground, everywhere must be covered with lush green grass and maintenance kept up with.

There is no reason why we should have bad roads in Onicha and environs, Oka and Nnewi. Living shouldn't be so painful.

Fix transportation and ban Okada and and vehicles unfit to ply the roads.

Bring more buses and taxi, neat ones please.

Build more prisons where I am gonna lock up lunatics when I become the governor...Nafa Olisa!

Complete the conference center on time.

Continue working on the erosion sites.

Waste disposal must be fixed in Anambra,else Obiano is a danm failure. No excuses!

Empower the youths with cooperatives and grow more food. We cant find your rice anywhere in the market and that means you don't grow enough.

Build more hotels of international standards not those ashawo chalet littered everywhere in Owerri.

Promote our culture by encouraging all Anambra towns to recreate their ancient traditions and build projects in town that leads in showcasing their cultures.

Kam bia.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by OMANBALA1: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2017
Yyeske:
Good points you proffered too but decongesting Main Market has been ongoing over the years, remember when traders dealing in electrical fittings were moved to Oba from Moore, Sanniez etc streets, other traders took over, same happened when electronics traders were moved from Iweka road to the express, Abada traders from Nottidge, Key and building material traders to Ogidi etc, you'll find out that another group of traders take their place leading to the congestion around Main Market. Solution to this IMHO is that government should stop other traders going to those places that had been decongested.

This is very disheartening, I swear. I am sick of all these primitive behavior from our traders and nobody is doing anything to stop this. At first , I liked Obiano but I am beginning to see he doesn't have the drive to take Anambra to that level of world standard.

There is a reason why these people were moved. Rochas did it at Owerri and after all the crying and wailing everybody shut up. This can't continue.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
nonsobaba:
Keep quiet! Obiano is wide awake. If he was sleeping on the job, he wouldn't have gotten a landslide go-ahead vote from Anambra voters. Anambra state is making progress everyday, one step at a time.
oga relax.

I was among those that gave Obiano victory.

There is no single work going on in anambra as we speak.

All have been abandoned.

The icc site in awka has been abandoned along with several other sites.

Anambra cannot afford to waste anytime
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ifite awka,

That area is begging for urgent help.

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by raker300: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
Awka,

1 Like

Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Cjrane2: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yyeske:
You made good points there but this one will be difficult especially around Onitsha, Oraifite and Ezeiweka streets with their high population density just like the rest of Awada, Nkpor, increasingly Obosi, Ogidi, Oba, 3-3 etc are all characterized by 4-6 storey buildings with little or no parking space for the occupants and you know that car ownership rate is quite high in Onitsha. People would have no other option than to park along the streets and roads, this suggestion can only be possible in GRA with its lower population density.

Car ownership or not, efforts should be made so that people imbibe the correct attitude of modern life. There are things our people must learn to stop. Such as building markets along major roads and building the shops on top of the gutters while the backyard of the house is just empty bush. But they come out to build the shops directly on the highway gutter. I remember as a child complaining about pick pockets cutting women's bags with razor, someone said something similar to me, that since there are so many unemployed youths in Onitsha, it's better they pick pocket than become armed robbers.

Definitely, the inner streets people can park on the road.
But major streets as Oguta road, Awka road, Oraifite street, Ezeiweka, Limca road, etc must free of parked vehicles. People even park on the expressway in Onitsha. Such behavior must be completely discouraged if Anambra is to become a habitable place.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
OMANBALA1:
Some of the things I expect Obiano to address after his victory parade.

To dualize all the major roads in the three major towns of Nnewi,Onicha and Oka.

Finish the airport you started.

Complete all power projects and ensure steady power supply for the industrial clusters.

Make sure all the abandoned malls and hotels like Agulu and the one at Onicha are completed.
Fix that derelict eke Oka.

Make Anambra the destination for education like tertiary institutions and make our secondary schools the most sought after.

Finish the orient refinery and increase production up to 50,000 barrel a day.

Retrain all those poorly educated teachers that are teaching our kids nonsense...This is very dear to me. Most of these teacher can't spell their own name.

Teachers college must be upgraded to the best capacity.

Decongestion of Onicha main market...What goes on at Onicha is third world trading. These traders must sell up, form a cooperative and with the support of the government go into production not selling some cheap goods from China. It takes a radical to carry out this very task...Onicha much change !!

To be cont'd

Though I agree of you, our people must understand the systematic marginalization of SE and SS with respect to Airports and Seaports. Let me say this very clearly, Nigerian government will go to another war, bomb Anambra to stone age, razed everything to the ground than to see a cargo and passenger airport sprung up in SE; particularly the cargo airport which sends a strong message of economic Independence. Our people underestimate the systematic marginalization against us. Ibaka seaport in Akwa Ibom, they have warned Akpabio and Udom, if dare proceed with this seaport project, EFCC will come after you. If that fails, we will take you out. While they are denying SE and SS economic independence, as I speak now, Lagos is building a third seaport; to see how wicked these people are. All these are by design, carefully engineered to keep SE and SS dependent on One Nigeria, they know that's the only way One Nigeria will continue. The day Port Harcourt, Warri, Onne, Calabar, Onitsha and Ibaka(when built) ports become fully functional at 100% like Lagos ports, and international airports in Port Harcourt, Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Umueri(when built), Owerri and Asaba become full functional at 100% like Lagos and Abuja airports, that day Nigeria will technically cease to exist; what do we need them for? They know this and will never allow that to happen!
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Dremca(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
raker300:
oga relax.

I was among those that gave Obiano victory.

There is no single work going on in anambra as we speak.

All have been abandoned.

The icc site in awka has been abandoned along with several other sites.

Anambra cannot afford to waste anytime
Obiano in his second tenure will beging the construction of the three arm zones in isiagu-awka
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by OMANBALA1: 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2017
liberalsinnerx:

Though I agree of you, our people must understand the systematic marginalization of SE and SS with respect to Airports and Seaports. Let me say this very clearly, Nigerian government will go to another war, bomb Anambra to stone age, raised everything to the ground than to see a cargo and passenger airport sprung up in SE; particularly the cargo airport which sends a strong message of economic Independence. Our people underestimate the systematic marginalization against us. Ibaka seaport in Akwa Ibom, they have warned Akpabio and Udom, if dare proceed with this seaport project, EFCC will come after you. If that fails, we will take you out. While they are denying SE and SS economic independence, as I speak now, Lagos is building a third seaport; to see how wicked these people are. All these are by design, carefully engineered to keep SE and SS dependent on One Nigeria, they know that's the only way One Nigeria will continue. The day Port Harcourt, Warri, Onne, Calabar, Onitsha and Ibaka(when built) ports become fully functional at 100% like Lagos ports, and international airports in Port Harcourt, Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Umueri(when built), Owerri and Asaba become full functional at 100% like Lagos and Abuja airports, that day Nigeria will technically cease to exist; what do we need them for? They know this and will never allow that to happen!

I don't believe this crap you wrote here.
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by valgbo(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
post=50235585:
Olivia Montage Hotel Awka
no vex for bumping old threadu know how much per night for this hotel
Re: Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos by Jcoleworld911: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
post=44918729:
New Industry in Awka although the are still expanding the company

, what happened to this company??
By now, it should have started by now

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / Rebecca Ishaku Excited Seeing Released Chibok Girls On TV - Pics/Video / This Is The House Where Gen Buhari Was Born (photos) + Meet His Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.