Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? (2808 Views)

Guy Waits For 4 Years To Ask A Girl Out (Hilarious Photo) / Ladies If You Were To Ask A Guy Out, What Lines Or Moves Would You Make? / Ladies This Is How To Ask A Nigerian Guy Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
You see a guy you have a crush on, he doesn't feel the same way yet but you ask him out maybe he can feel the same way with you. Is there anything wrong with that?
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by alariwo(m): 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2016
No, it's very healthy to ask a guy out. It shows you know what you want, and set to go for it.

It shows you are:

1. Not particularly invested in traditional gender roles

2. Comfortable with direct, open communication

3. Willing to express your affection and commitment

4. Happy to take the initiative

5. Confident that your partner loves you even without a grand gesture.

And if he is a real man, he'll take you very seriously because you're one of a kind.

8 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by shamsuRana(m): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:
You see a guy you have a crush on, he doesn't feel the same way yet but you ask him out maybe he can feel the same way with you. Is there anything wrong with that?

No undecided

Question: If all men are the same,why do women take long to choose them?
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by tripplephi: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

It's mature but such ladies are rare.
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
alariwo:
No, it's very healthy to ask a guy out. It shows you know what you want, and set to go for it.

It shows you are:

1. Not particularly invested in traditional gender roles

2. Comfortable with direct, open communication

3. Willing to express your affection and commitment

4. Happy to take the initiative

5. Confident that your partner loves you even without a grand gesture.

And if he is a real man, he'll take you very seriously because you're one of a kind.

I love the part where you said if he is a real man. Most men in Nigeria can be categorised as boys because they will definitely take you for granted

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
shamsuRana:

No undecided

Question: If all men are the same,why do women take long to choose them?

I don't understand your question? And this thread doesn't have anything to do with it

tripplephi:

It's mature but such ladies are rare.

They are not rare, Infact all ladies can do it, they are just scared of rejection
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2016
Op its a lie oo..... Please tell me you haven't asked him out yet!!....

Tat sh!t will hunt you later in your relationship oo.... shocked

Its not maturity to Nigerian men... Ts stupidity n desperation!!...

If he screws up in the future you'll hear something like
"After all na you ask me out... I wasn't interested in the first place..."

I nor know the epistle wey tat commenter dey yarn o
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
slyIsaac:
Op its a lie oo..... Please tell me you haven't asked him out yet!!....

Tat sh!t will hunt you later in your relationship oo.... shocked

Its not maturity to Nigerian men... Ts stupidity n desperation!!...

If he screws up in the future you'll hear something like
"After all na you ask me out... I wasn't interested in the first place..."

I nor know the epistle wey tat commenter dey yarn o

Yeah, depends on the guy though. You don't see a lady saying "you were the one that asked me out"
That is why I can't date an immature guy
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
If you don't fukcing care about the view of and comments of others when they accidentally know about what happened, oh why not?
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

Yeah, depends on the guy though. You don't see a lady saying "you were the one that asked me out"
That is why I can't date an immature guy
Ease up on the romance movies you watch... Tis is africa.. A woman can't tell a man "are you not the one tat asked me out...."
Because tats how it should be ... Tats how the almighty made it to be.... Goodluck with your "mature" guy ....undecided
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
No on nairaland

Yes in real life. You risk being seen as LovePeddler.
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stupedinluv:
No on nairaland

Yes in real life. You risk being seen as LovePeddler.

Whole because I asked a I like guy out? It is not like that to the whites. They are more civilized ND mature than we are
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by tripplephi: 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

They are not rare, Infact all ladies can do it, they are just scared of rejection

Well I wish they would be bolder and none would be rejected. Men do not reject o cos it's women that does o
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

Whole because I asked a I like guy out? It is not like that to the whites. They are more civilized ND mature than we are
You must suffer from inferiority complex to bring white people into this and also equate civility with stupidity. No hard feeling smiley
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You must suffer from inferiority complex to bring white people into this and also equate civility with stupidity. No hard feeling smiley

Inferiority complex? So whites are not human? Are you a racist?
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

Inferiority complex? So whites are not human? Are you a racist?
No. Are you white? or mixed
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stupedinluv:
No. Are you white? or mixed

None and there is nothing stupid about asking a guy out don't bring sentiments or culture into this
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

None

Why bring white "civility" here then?

How old are you? You sound like a pre-teen

Do you know what civilisation is?

Do you know civil people respect the culture/general behaviour of others?

Do you know asking a man out here is stup1d and whorish?

Do you know morality is on a downward spiral. Worst in "white" people's country?
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Do you know asking a man out here is stup1d and a whorish?

Do you know morality is on a downward spiral. Worst in "white" people's country?

Seeing what you typed here, you sound like an infant. Stop living in the shadows and grow up. Oh I just checked your profile. Alright bye
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Shamstiel: 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Do you know asking a man out here is stup1d and whorish?

This one izz still a virgin living in her parent house grin so if a girl taste me it means she is stupidd. Olodo grin
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

Seeing what you typed here, you sound like an infant. Stop living in the shadows and grow up. Oh I just checked your profile. Alright bye
You are one of those who think they know. Sweetheart there is no harm in being respectful to people's culture. Thats one of the major ingredients of civility
cheesy Dont be a fool smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
Shamstiel:

This one izz still a virgin living in her parent house grin so if a girl taste me it means she is stupidd. Olodo grin
English pls cool
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 10:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You are one of those who think they know. Sweetheart there is no harm in being respectful to people's culture. Thats one of the major ingredients of civility
cheesy Dont be a fool smiley

Your opinion, your headache, your Virgina, your life... Bye
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Dimejidude(m): 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hadez:

In this part of the world its an abomination

Africans generally see it as a taboo-though I disagree

I think you should go after what makes you happy as an individual-Follow your inner voice.The opinions of people shouldn't really matter

But what do I know sef lipsrsealed
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Hadez(f): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Dimejidude:

I think you should go after what makes you happy as an individual-Follow your inner voice.The opinions of people shouldn't really matter

Please tell the underaged girl arguing with me oh
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by abujaticket: 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
Yes
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
E be like some some girls wan fight here (Hadez vs Stupedinluv)... Make I dey watch.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Taofeekdboy(m): 12:49am On Apr 22, 2016
@Stupedinluv you cant condemn someone's point of view cos it is her thought but as for my own point of view hadez is right cos I don't see any bad in that,you follow your mind and what makes you happy and to see a lady doing that she is a rare gem and not stupid.don't see everyone as yourself
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by Parpor(m): 2:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Hadez:
Sweetheart there's nothing wrong with it...this shows you got guts.and believe me, NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by olalat(m): 3:10am On Apr 22, 2016
Its not really a taboo but strange to our culture. Africans believe that a woman dignity must be respected and reserved. Woman doesnt marry man here, a man does. Therefore, first attraction should be drawn by a man. Though,a lady can appreciate a man first, toasting him can erode her value. give him apparent signs but dont toast him pls.
Dimejidude:

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by reservd(m): 5:08am On Apr 22, 2016
Hadez:

Please tell the underaged girl arguing with me oh
U knw dere's no age limit ere on NL, u won't get ur desired arguments especially on d oppositn. To me I see nothin wrong in it bt d issue is d maturity on d guy's part and also his mentality in stuffs like ds.
Re: Is It A Crime To Ask A Guy Out As A Lady? by mrkay101(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
Dimejidude:

Do not say Africans its jst Nigeria only.. Cuz even other African countries aren't as Hypocritic as we are

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me. I Need Help / Video: Ladies Fought And Str!p Nn,aked Over Boyfriend – Watch Fight / Oh no Ladies...Not Again!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.