Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus (1774 Views)

Lady Who Posted Her Topless Picture On Facebook, Blasted By Online Users / See How This Lady Is Campaigning Against Rape(meme) / Video Of Nude Girls Protesting Against Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Kyliegame: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Following the incessant rape on the campus, female students of Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa took to the streets all topless in a wild protest. Topless female students with 'this is mine scrawled on their breasts' were seen among the protesters demonstrating against the rape culture on a university campus. The police tried to disperse students using pepper spray and stun guns but it did not work. The students started demonstrating after a list of suspected rapists on campus was leaked on social media on Sunday.

Many students, who were raped on campus said they have reported rapes to the university as well as police, but that their complaints have been ignored by campus authorities, the BBC reported. Students are demanding the university suspend 11 alleged rapists on campus who were listed on the leaked list on social media and change its policies on how rape victims are treated.

On Tuesday afternoon female students danced topless with some writing 'this is mine' on their breasts to show only they can decide to do with their bodies. On Wednesday, more than 200 students were attacked with rubber bullets and pepper spray and stun grenades by police officers who were trying to disperse the crowd even after the vice chancellor of the University had begged the police to stop attacking his students.
Eastern Cape police arrested five students during the protest . They were later released without bail and are due to re-appear on charges of public violence in July.

According to Naledi Mashishi of the Students Representative Council, five students were arrested and one hospitalized after police fired stun grenades and rubber bullets at them. Members of the Students Representative Council said they will only stop if they are assured "no protester will face disciplinary action or be penalised for participating in the protests”.
University lecturers have also joined in the demonstration.

National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union told Eyewitness News : “We decided to join the strike of the students because of the brutality of the police.
"We can’t watch our children being treated the way they were yesterday; so we took a decision that it’s too much now."
The protests are now being wound down as university staff agree to set up a task force to research the allegations.

Lectures are due to resume next Monday. According to statistics released, South Africa has the highest number of rapes in the world.

See More Uncensored Pictures Here: http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/04/students-protest-topless-against-rape.html

Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Stanleywaxy(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2016
Some ladies shaa ... Every small thing dem don pull their top .

1 Like

Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2016
Soo romantic undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 22, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Some ladies shaa ... Every small thing dem don pull their top .

Small thing eh?
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Kyliegame: 10:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by faith551(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Must they go naked?, South African's and their fake lives,I think this will only help the rapists choose who their next victim will be
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by layla129(f): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2016
How does this stop rape? cheesy its even going to increase it...i'm sure the rapists have sighted their next victims. undecided
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by marshalcarter: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2016
I need to relocate

I need to console dem

I need to be in btwn dem

WTF am I even sayin sef

Let those with bigbig melons stay at the front while those with agbalumo and orange stay at the extreme end grin
Dis gal fyn oo grin smiley
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by emotions1: 10:46am On Apr 22, 2016
the girl in the THIRD pinshure fine oooo. cheesy cheesy

oya back to the matter.....#SayNoToRape.
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Flexherbal(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2016
When I saw the topic, I knew it was not
In Nigeria.
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by IamLEGEND1: 11:06am On Apr 22, 2016
oya na....word on the streets is: the next protest would be held at Unimaid,Maiduguri,Borno state.
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2016
Thoniameek:

Small thing eh?
Oh Sorry grin ... I'm totally against Rape , but going to the extent of protesting naked would still yield the same result even when they're properly dressed to the protest ... Understood ?
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 22, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Oh Sorry grin ... I'm totally against Rape , but going to the extent of protesting naked would still yield the same result even when they're properly dressed to the protest ... Understood ?

Ok o!..... So, if you see a naked woman you rape them? alright o
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:38am On Apr 22, 2016
Thoniameek:

Ok o!..... So, if you see a naked woman you rape them? alright o
Shuoo shocked ... I never said so Ma'am . I was only trying to tell you that they could still achieve same thing from the protest even while they're properly dressed .
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Shuoo shocked ... I never said so Ma'am . I was only trying to tell you that they could still achieve same thing from the protest even while they're properly dressed .

Ok o! And I was trying to let you know that how I chose to look only shows that I'm human and being human I have the right, the choice. And how you chose to react to it goes a long way to tell If you're any different from me....
Re: Students Protest Topless Against Rape Increase On The Campus by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:54am On Apr 22, 2016
Thoniameek:

Ok o! And I was trying to let you know that how I chose to look only shows that I'm human and being human I have the right, the choice. And how you chose to react to it goes a long way to tell If you're any different from me....
Oh well , that's a cool orientation you're giving yourself

(1) (Reply)

12 Funny Pictures You Can Relate To If You Are Born Into A Professor Family. / A Letter To Twaci. / Help! He Has Been Acting Strange, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.