Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Stop Laminating Certificates! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Laminating Certificates! (65901 Views)

Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics / Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? / How Do I Get My FUTA Certificates And Official Transcripts!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Atlantian: 10:07am On Apr 23, 2016
Authenticity is checked and confirmed via serial numbers and date of issuance not by paper texture and inks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by tempex88(m): 10:08am On Apr 23, 2016
Plus no matter how original ur cert are, the issuing body will always be written to confirm it.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by ekefre4(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2016
Halamadrid22:
Yea it's d fact, I could remember I almost fell a victim shocked,when collected my bsc cert,immediately I went to where I was goin to laminate it,tnk God I met some1 dere, n d person enlightened me dt pple no longer laminates certs undecided,d reason he gave me was,if i'd go study outside d shores of d country n my cert is laminated,dt it won't b accepted smiley
i schooled outside n I lamininated my cert. I used same 2 serve,work,resigned,work again so I c no ish about this. If u think my cert is fake why not verify it?

10 Likes

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by kushma(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
tivta:

I disagree, all the institution needs to do is send a letter to the institution, remember the Toronto case?

It happened to brother of ma friend know the stress they went through before it was accepted.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by tivta(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
Only God knows where all these people keep getting their fake news? Is there no body here who remembers the Toronto scandal? Or are all nairaland users of the indomie generation? Haba...

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by gfunkstyl: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
[quote author=Timolanki post=44956297]please bear in mind that any serious organisation will not deny you the job if you are truly competent and knowledgeable. laminated or not they are just one click away from confirming it's authenticity from the source.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by yelloo1(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
take it to any ministry for authentication and dem go tear d protector covering it up for ur own eyes.better not to laminate it.talking from experience
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by OlujobaSamuel: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2016
pls if you don laminate, don't ever try to remove it ooo, that's like from frying pan to furnace.
I read a report here last year, so I picked up my file, na waec cert my hand first pick, get razor, start to dey trim am, na so I noticed sey d paper don dey stuck to the film, I soak am for water make he commot but e no gree, na to spread am for sun oo, wen the thing dry, na to go relaminate am again cuz I can't afford having half laminated document.
As it stands, all my documents are laminated, any that comes afterwards won't be. So if you have done that, just pray the witches will be asleep when you need someone to make demand for it.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by romeoetin(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2016
Omo wahala dey oo. I've already laminated my primary school leaving certificate and my junior school certificate.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by MsBella: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2016
I have some of my certificates laminated. I will google a bit to see if it is easy to delaminate them...
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by fejicruz(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2016
Rat can eat wood. So laminating your certificate can't protect it from them
thesicilian:
It is better to have a laminated certificate than one that is torn, rat-eaten, oil stained or dirty. I laminated all my certs and they're still a good as new today, and mind you, no employer has ever rejected them.

In the first place original certs are even produced on a need to see basis, you don't have to show them to every interviewer unless specifically requested for
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by afanide: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2016
Don't laminate your certificates! A word is enough for the wise.

What happened to FRAMES?

People still won't learn.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by tivta(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2016
kushma:

It happened to brother of ma friend know the stress they went through before it was accepted.

He obviously did not tell you the truth, it must have been that there was a misspelled name or number, all any organization needs to do is check the records of the institution, it will take time but it will be done, even parents from early 90's laminate their or photo frame their certificates
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by bigerboy200: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2016
Yeah..most certificates dis days contain security features which could even get damaged by d heat from d laminating machine.. d best is to put whatever certificate in d laminating film without laminsting it..
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Papasland21: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2016
Employers will only confirm the genuiness of d certificate from the issuing body in writing not by mere seeing or touching like Nigeria naira note.
I will go for lamination any day to preserve my documents

2 Likes

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by bigerboy200: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2016
MsBella:
I have some of my certificates laminated. I will google a bit to see if it is easy to delaminate them...
U don't have to...u might get dem damaged..(don't jes laminate any more documents on future)as 4 me sha, all but one of all my documents are laminated and I hav never encountered any problem in d embassy or wherever.. If an institution wants to verify ur certificate,they will make enquiries directly from the issuing body,not from what u've brought... Nigerians can make a fake document look original than d original itself.. grin grin
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by DesChyko: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2016
Someone mentioned last time that laminating certificates may present difficulties when leaving the country. Luckily, I've laminated none.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by tivta(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2016
It is official, nairaland is either filled with kids or people who forget history, the Toronto issue was a national disgrace yet people here are saying its bad to laminate, I give up...

3 Likes

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2016
isokay
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Blessedgurl(f): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2016
Laminating a certificate differs from institutions & organizations. But never try to laminate a certificate from University of Benin. OYO is your case. Even business centre owners there knows better.

1 Like

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by bigerboy200: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2016
Halamadrid22:
Yea it's d fact, I could remember I almost fell a victim shocked,when collected my bsc cert,immediately I went to where I was goin to laminate it,tnk God I met some1 dere, n d person enlightened me dt pple no longer laminates certs undecided,d reason he gave me was,if i'd go study outside d shores of d country n my cert is laminated,dt it won't b accepted smiley
Best not to laminate dis days..just place it in d transparent laminating film without laminating..datz it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by irenaeusoke(m): 10:24am On Apr 23, 2016
It is until rat and termites do u strong thing before u see the need to laminate ur certificate Even "winch" rats and termites dey chop plastics o. So d major thing is to properly take care of ur certs whether laminated or not.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by carinmom(f): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2016
My only cert that is laminated is my primary school cert the rest are not laminated and they are all in good shape as if i collected them today.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by professore(m): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2016
possibilita:
Lamination of certificates makes it look fake instead buy a plastic envelop and store the certification inside
I think this settles it all; @ op I knew before now that it is not good to laminate certificates as its authenticity would not be known after doing so.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by bigerboy200: 10:33am On Apr 23, 2016
Welber:
Laminated ORIGINAL certificates can not be NOTARIZED
If you intend using your certificate outside the country of origin, then do NOT laminate your certificate

About employees (in nigeria) not accepting laminated certificate because of ingenuity. I don't know when that started, but I'm aware employees can request a verification from the certifying body.

If you must laminate, don't laminate from a quack who would end up ruining your certificate right before your eyes! embarassed
Says who?? All my certificates ( except my Msc..and was clearly stated that it shouldn't b laminated) are laminated..and they were NOTARIZED..I have certified true copies from the federal high court.(funny enough they didn't check d original copies) . besides no big deal dis days, they can even be notarized under d bridge in Computer village..hungry lawyers plenty like pure water. .na small thing.......but won't advise anyone to laminate theirs dis day tho..
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by decub: 10:34am On Apr 23, 2016
Oh spare me that. This is sheer laziness from the employer or the verifying authority. Simply send a mail to the issuer without the knowledge of the candidate and you get a valid answer!
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by searay(m): 10:34am On Apr 23, 2016
Provie:
Serious threats & potential mutilators of ur certificate surround u left and right; serious-minded potential employers come once in a while. Laminate ur certificate and protect it. Reputable employers verify ur certificate from d issuing authority/institution even without ur knowledge. I rest my case.
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Babyphinas(f): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2016
Interesting
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2016
If one is sure of his/her certificate, to me lamination is sure way to keep it safe the employer can go to those that gave it to you and verify same.
Ariel20:
I learnt not to laminate my documents. You can keep all in a safe bag or nylon bag.

I laminated my WAEC certificate & almos missed a job cos they kept sending for the document Had to go to WAEC office
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by notoriousbabe: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2016
I keep mine inside bagco super bag
Re: Stop Laminating Certificates! by Charbless(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2016
Who certificate don help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued / ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today / Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.