Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,171 members, 7,953,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:23 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo (18472 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Invasion Of Gbaramatu Kingdom An Act Of Cowardice – Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Checked86: 9:24am On Apr 23, 2016
Tribalism and tribal bigots in nairaland and in nigeria generally is disheartening. People now think from anus, talk from the same anus. God forbid! Nigeria is not one, and it can never be. People hate unnecessarily. This old woman called Nigeria should just die let us go our separate ways. NOI has unmatched reputation, both in her service to this country and in character.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by ogmaskman: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2016
DickDastardly:
Noi and Gej cant do anything anymore to turn around our fortunes. Its now buhari and kemi's onus. We are in economic disarray and the best place to start is to pass the budget asap. Buhari should as a matter of urgency and emergency gather all his people and the nass, quickly get that budget right and signed, from their we can continue our debate.
Modath you will agree with me that nothing is more pressing to Nigeria now than the budget getting straightened out and implemented asap. It will amount to naiviety for pmb to make anymore foreign travel without achieving this, as no serious country will take us serious with all this directionlessness, blames and lethargy in our approach to governance. The people's suffering increases daily and we must be seen to be emparthetic enough and not all this unnecessary political grand standing undecided

My "take home".
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by shawl: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2016
This is a gifted writer who also threads on the path of truth. May God increase you in wisdom and truthfulness.

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by gfunkstyl: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2016
Jona/ngozi failed & buhari & co. are failling big time too!..i'll try kowa in d next gen. elections!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by DeadWrong: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2016
modath:
Both the IB & NOI are incompetent & Unpatriotic....

Still trying to get the magic wand that made saving possible under OBJ despite average crude oil price,& how same minister had two different results despite record Crude price & Sales..

*Llight bulb moment*

We had a president with major cojones of steel. sad

Not an an IB whose inordinate ambition & a desire for an undeserved second term "tied" his hands & made it impossible for FG's 52% of the ECA to be put to good use..

The Governors & LGs took their 48% while the FG's did a Houdini & was "gone with the wind"..
Mehn...you're very creative with words. I envy you oo
A poet?
Novelist?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by tee10: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2016
modath:

Why should she have resigned? We were rich on paper & that's all that matters!!

1.2016 budget= PMB replaced key projects like rail lines, federal roads & agric development plans with Town halls & Keke Napep.

2.CBN illegal hire= Bubu gave the waiver & he is also the CBN governor..

PMB's economic policy (FX restrictions)= When you become president of a nation in almost financial distress, give FX to importers to bring in plastics & hand fans to be shared at Owambe!

De listing of Nigerian from JP Morgan etc= Bubu won't devalue, IMF go taya, then G n D.. EoD cool

Am too old for the childish APC v PDP rants that u what to drag me into. I leave that to nairaland juveniles

U have not been objective enough and that betrays your progress stand.

Progress ideas is not about blind loyalty, its about been creative at problem solving

You the executive is partly responsible for d blunders of budget yet turn a bind eye

Same goes for CBN

The bulk stops at the presidents table stop been ridiculous like a typical PDP folk

You are not a true progressive until u learn d art of objectivity and logical thinking
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by DeadWrong: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2016
DickDastardly:
Noi and Gej cant do anything anymore to turn around our fortunes. Its now buhari and kemi's onus. We are in economic disarray and the best place to start is to pass the budget asap. Buhari should as a matter of urgency and emergency gather all his people and the nass, quickly get that budget right and signed, from their we can continue our debate.
Modath you will agree with me that nothing is more pressing to Nigeria now than the budget getting straightened out and implemented asap. It will amount to naiviety for pmb to make anymore foreign travel without achieving this, as no serious country will take us serious with all this directionlessness, blames and lethargy in our approach to governance. The people's suffering increases daily and we must be seen to be emparthetic enough and not all this unnecessary political grand standing undecided
Let's be sincere. The fault really is from the NASS. You and I know their stock in trade. Buhari is not going to do what other president had done which is to bribe the legislooter. From his body language, you'd see that he hates those guys. I hate them too with passion. We spend a lot to keep and maintain them. Democracy has only done more bad than good

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2016
jcross19:
When will this administration stop blaming the past government for their failure?

If care is not taking this administration will fail woefully than their predecessor . Can you see the change you people are giving the masses? Every week you will blame jonathan for this and the man you are blaming have moved on with his life you are still where you are blaming him while is receiving world recognition. Stay there oga bubu and his blaming team.
Is the article written by Buhari or APC?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Nnachuka(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2016
This op clearly has no idea whatsoever as to what diplomacy is... talk in the midst of hostility? that's just foolishness. Even in the Bible it says whoever keepeth his mouth keepeth his life. You can't talk just cause you have a tongue all the time. Given the situation a sensible person would do the same. A sensible person tho

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by tee10: 10:12am On Apr 23, 2016
989900:

1. I don't do party stuffs, but that doesn't mean I won't call out PDP or APC for their actions or in-actions.

2. I would have loved you answer how devaluation has helped us in the past: from 65 kobo to $1, and more recently, from N155 to 199?

3. What rate would you want the Naira devalued to?

4. Have you factored how that skews our foreign debts repayments against us.

5. Can anyone guarantee with the same oil prices or lower, the same racketeers and saboteurs won't play their hands, and the black market/official rate wide gap resurfacing?

By and large, the budget and direction is what the economy needs, the corruption in the system amplifies the wide margin between the BM and CBN rates, I mentioned the same in my earlier post. The CBN has been expected to come up with reforms; since January nothing yet . . .

And just to mention, banning importation has little or no effect in this equation, our biggest Forex guzzler at 40% is refined petroleum products, I think we should ban that first (by far the most senseless imports into this country . . . but see where we are . . . stuck with it) before banning other imports that suck averagely 20-30%. While repatriation of funds and other settlements account for the rest. If the right policies and infrastructure are in place, we wouldn't need to be importing palm oil, rice, tooth picks, eggs and other weirdos in the first place, rather, we should be exporting those, we would have real sector investors coming in with 'hard currencies' = less pressure on the dollar.

Devaluation won't stop all that, it hasn't so far, it would only encourage smuggling . . . like I said earlier, once you devalue, there is call for wage increase which triggers 'further inflation' and makes available money to buy 'the same now more expensive imported goods' = pressure back on the dollar = back to square 1.

Devaluation in our 'peculiar scenario', is a lazy man's approach to a fundamental problem.

P.S. About the 'hiring thing' . . . sorry, that's just my 'opinion' -- it might not make it right, but like I said, we have 'biggggerr' problems.

1. Everyone has a bias toward a party, ours is clearly toward APC like me
However like most guys here u seem to have a blind loyalty
NOT GOOD

2. Past devaluation fail primary due to lack of economic reforms or reforms that did not go far enough

3. Naira should be devalue towards an equilibrium between CBN rates and parallel market.

4. YES..in any case our debt to GDP ratio is healthy

5. That's why we voted PMB to deal with saboteurs..govt should its job

On 40% of FX going to oil import...

Fix the local refineries ie NNPC joint venture with investors

Support dangote's lekki refinery

Build up local strategic reserves

By 2019 dangote's refinery should be up and running so this good for us

Ur failure to call out CBN/APC/ PMB on CBN betrays what you posted about “calling folks out”

It shows bind loyalty which I don't expect from someone who post ds intelligently

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2016
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - "A grave sin of corruption accomplice".

*Fixed

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Orikinla(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2016
Na who this long tory epp? I don't wrestle with ghosts from the past. I beg make una leave trash for LAWMA.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by shamecurls(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2016
[s]
TPAND:
Fortunate media columnist put up article of calumny debacle to rubbish the personalities of persons who have altruistically served their motherland.

The media is so corrupt that the sincerity and ingenuity of this fortunate columnist have been compromised by the quest for making undue monies from the opposing and antagonizing moneybags and the ones connected to them. Slanderous articles fill up the pages of newspaper, while the world celebrates our past heroes with a colossal lionization.

After reading the lines of this article, I couldn't help but wonder why such slandering write-ups is not directed towards my sister Kemi. We cannot change the past but we have to move forward. This should have been carefully constructed to bedevil Kemi's atrocious performance as our country is dipping fast into a recession.
[/s]
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by jcross19: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Is the article written by Buhari or APC?
by the apc sycophant while buhari is their leader.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Goldenboy007(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2016
Nigeria's issue is like someone dying of cancer but they are busy treating his headaches and stomach aches. Judging by the mindsets of some people here its easy to conclude that there is no hope!! The government is not the problem, the people are ! Poverty warped dark satanic mindsets, intellectually blinded simpletons! Reasoning with them is like going head-on collision with a brickwall. Morally bankrupt bigots that will sell their mothers for a chance to get a free dime! The same mindsets that kept their ancestors in chronic wretchedness is the same ideals they are championing !!! It's either their way or no way ! And like cancerous worms they will never stop until they bring the nation down into the pits. GOD HELP YOU ALL!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by otokx(m): 11:29am On Apr 23, 2016
shawl:
This is a gifted writer who also threads on the path of truth. May God increase you in wisdom and truthfulness.

Amen
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Satex(m): 11:35am On Apr 23, 2016
989900:

Let's be rational for a second:

NOI: 14 years out of 16 (with 'oil boom' for the most part), borrowing to pay salaries @$65/barrel . . . see where we are.

Kemi: 4 months, without one budget yet to work with, in an 'oil doom' period, shutting each loophole of theft, one at a time

You wanna call "crucify her, crucify her" . . . wait and do it at the right time, doing so now only makes you the most part, the 'tribalist' and irrational one.

A very matured and intelligent response! It is really hard debating with folks who can not for once reason like rational beings. Do you know our greatest problem in this country? "Stinking Thinking".

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by EmeritusMbaM: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2016
Oxenomy:
tribal bigot.. It's really eating you deep but you don't know it. By the time you find out what happened, it might be too late then..

Just shut up, same bigoted coward with omoxenomy handle now forming saint. You are a f.ucking hypocrite
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by EmeritusMbaM: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2016
seunmsg:

You guys are such a terrible liar that you try to spin everything that puts the spotlight on your failed leaders. This thread is about the failures of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and not Kemi Adeosun.

The article was written by an Igbo columnist against a failed Igbo lady and published in Vanguard, an Igbo owned newspaper. So, how you guys turn everything into Kemi vs NOI is what I can't comprehend. If you don't want people to talk about NOI failures again, tell her to shut the fvck up and stop spewing rubbish in the press and blaming others for her failures. We've all forgotten about her until she started talking shiit about political will to save. She should stop all the self righteous pontification and seek restitution for her failures.

And stop all the lies about no economic plan is being implemented by this present government. Repeating this silly lies only makes you people more unpatriotic. If you haven't seen the economic plan of this government, you are simply a hypocrite who isn't really interested in the economic development of the country. You lots probably think economic plan is shouting transformation agenda on radio and TV ads. And if I may ask, can you show us the economic plan that was developed and implemented by GEJ and NOI while in office?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by wkkwl: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2016
Pidggin:

Another paid poster

I have been trying to get hold of you i have a question for you please kindly check your inbox for my pm
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Chivee(f): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2016

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by brojoshua: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
Miserable excuses from miserable and corrupt woman and others like her and she is the goddess of many godless people in Nigeria and they use to sing her praises. But let them turn from their evil ways for we use to say that there are three international witches that were especially troubling Nigeria and that they shall be shut down by God
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by jcross19: 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
gbenga2020oke:

Did u read through the write-up? You probably did but the primordial sentiments thats the bane of development of this country still clouded your judgement. Anybody with the slightest shred of sanity would after reading the write up concur with it.
is this the solution? Wake up from the past and move which is wise step.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Tbest20(m): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
U accept that jonathan government is a failure
jcross19:
When will this administration stop blaming the past government for their failure?

If care is not taking this administration will fail woefully than their predecessor . Can you see the change you people are giving the masses? Every week you will blame jonathan for this and the man you are blaming have moved on with his life you are still where you are blaming him while is receiving world recognition. Stay there oga bubu and his blaming team.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by Pidggin(f): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
wkkwl:

I have been trying to get hold of you i have a question for you please kindly check your inbox for my pm

Ooops i can't find the pswd to the email used for monika, post your thoughts here dear
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by jcross19: 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Tbest20:
U accept that jonathan government is a failure
these are lies they are feeding you with now which government are you feeling their negative impart most? One bag of rice 11k but 15k that's change?1 litre of fuel was 97 but now 190naira that's change indeed? No light with hefty tariff , masses are suffering okay.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by abu99err(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
peacengine:
When will the cowardice this Buhari's administration is showing especially as regards blaming the past administration stop . This is a year already since the administration took over, yes a year because he won in March 2015, Buhari had three months to draw up his game plan before taking over from Jonathan.

Why did PMB contest, what was the reason, to blame GEJ after winning or what?

We are suffering, no light, no fuel, insecurity, things are becoming too expensive, please PMB should quit as soon as possible if he cannot make things right.

Quit Quit Quit for God's sake. Stop punishing us for your failures please, APC handover to PDP

Pay-per-post crew, mention my post at your peril

The same at PDP that put us in this mess.. mind you PDP ruled for 16yrs.. if PDP could not perform during high oil sale is now that oil has gone down that PDP will perform?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by ogmaskman: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Pidggin:

Things were working fine despite so called incompetence. I still remember buying fuel at the regulated government price of N87, now Buhari and Co. cannot even ensure that filling stations adhere to government price. I had light at least 12 hours a day, things were cheap.

Enough of this pathetic excuses, governance is not by force, Buhari was voted to CHANGE things, but now we have been CHAINED instead sad

The last admin Policirs were like perfume over S.h.i t. With the new govt the veil has been removed and the stark reality is staring us in the face. Sadly, a lot of u folks see it differently. Without the budget you never can tell the policy direction of this govt. Be patient.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo by RareDiamond: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Civil Service, Most Corrupt In The World – Abayomi / ₦19 Billion Fraud: Stella Oduah's Trail Stalled By Malami’s Letter / Alleged N30tr Missing Under Okonjo-iwela Impossible! - Ribadu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.