Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar (32747 Views)

Solomon Adeola's Birthday Cake From Saraki, As Yayi Celebrates 47th Bithday / N300million Goes Missing From Saraki's Bedroom - Sahara Reporter / Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by IamPatriotic(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2016
Kennydoc:

Eminent lawyers, who shared this view included Justice Salisu Alfa Modibo Belgore (former Chief Justice of Nigeria; Justice George Oguntade (CFR), former Justice of the Supreme Court; Justice Samson Odemwingie Uwaifo, former Justice of the Supreme Court; Prof. Ben Nwabueze, SAN; Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu SAN; Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN; and Mr Olalekan Oyo among others.

I guess the names in bold are Igbo names shey?
1 North
2 South West
2 South South (Edo State = APC)
and
2 South East

And yet you guys open your stinking mouths and shout IPOB or 5%. Your bigotry stinks like rotten egg.
Tụfịa!!! Blind bigots!!!

why did you not emboldened "cohorts" where the South south contigents belong and don't be deceived by the Yoruba names, those men are from Kwara and they're Saraki's stooges who would do anything for him , no matter how appalling and illogical.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2016
Cuteamigo1:
I like the stance of justice umar danladi on this case and as to how it affects Saraki and him not getting a fair hearing is something am yet to understand. in most cases what this folks mean by fear hearing is the case being swept under the rug and let it business as usual, we'll lai lai.
Let me refer you to Supreme Court cases on fair hearing; Uniuyo v. Nse, Oyakhire v. the State, Jang v. INEC.
The principle of fair hearing is the widest among the fundamental human rights of a man.
It restricts a judge from making certain comments that will show him as being bias. It bans a judge from interfering in a matter.
See Wike &ors v. Daukuku & ors. The Supreme Court held that Wike's right to fair hearing was violated.
In fair hearing, it is demanded that the Judge shouldn't have a business with either of the party that will or can influence the outcome or his disposition. Umar was set free by EFCC, you and I don't know what transpired between them that made them to seething him free, so you see. Please no insult but just read and digest this piece into your innermost and give a fair judgment. Remove the sins of Saraki and judge him as some one you don't even know or have issue with.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by firefox4th(m): 9:39am On Apr 23, 2016
It amuses me when I read comments that still support Saraki most especially the learneds
Anyway , here is the BOMBSHELL,thus says the lord,
'SARAKI IS A GONER' , he is a walking ex senate president.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by funlord(m): 9:40am On Apr 23, 2016
grin
DickDastardly:

No one argues that. But let the process of getting him there not appear as dirty as his offence. Any other person can take up this matter but this umar who has not shown enough uprightness in this lingering matter.

What "due process" did saraki follow when he was looting his states funds, kwarans salaries, as well as the funds belonging to the investors in their failed banks?

So now it is time for equity? And by the way how come these hopeless quack judges are usually 'as silent as a graveyard' and never aware of these infringements on the law when less influential nigerians are in court? Or are your rights invisible?

Ol' boy, the government should fight as dirty as possible if need be in order to convict this man and get him the _fuck out of that position and even if this umar is a 'murderous armed robber' he has every right to try that loot loving bastard called saraki!

YOU LIVE BY THE SWORD, THEN BE READY TO ALSO DIE BY THE SWORD!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:42am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
So Belgore is an Igbo? smh!!! Olalekan is an Igbo man? I am a free born of the Ijaw Nation and have nothing to do with IPOB. Nigeria I stand for.
Belgore is an Ilorin man!
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by IamPatriotic(m): 9:44am On Apr 23, 2016
LMFashions:

Does it seem like I care where u are from? U termed the lawyers 5%, I just wanted u to correct urself. Understood?

Repent and stop this bigotry

I would have given your advice a thought if only you're supporting Saraki based onpprinciples and just because he's "an enemy of your enemy"
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by isahsalee: 9:47am On Apr 23, 2016
Oga saraki, you don enter one chance bus, as for me, I don't want your case soon so that, all these lawyers would continue to milk you. the more they get more money from you, the more they comes with different ideas to get more money from you. Your case most continue.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by NPComplete: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2016
dotcomnamename:

[size=20pt]KEEP DREAMING. Na so you dream of Jonathan winning so tail during Presidential election.[/size] lipsrsealed

Another emotional pleb. Everyone who thinks differently must have supported Jonathan. Such simplistic thinking is only a sign of intellectual impairment. Your life is ruled by absolutes and extremes but, unfortunately for u, life is filled with people who are able to think across spectrums. Ask those who know me who I supported during the elections before u come here to make assertions.
I don't know Saraki from Adam. And I don't care what happens to him. But I am smart enough to contribute to a discourse without being emotionally invested in it. Something u are obviously very incapable of doing or perhaps unable to muster enough brain cells to do it.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2016
Barywhyte:

Oga ur comments here, to some extent baffles me. Tell me wht exactly has Umar done that constitute "unfair hearing" as you are alleging? That he tried to caution a lawyer who tried to disrupt court process? The article above of the "eminent lawyers" lacked substance and is an indication of the fact that money is seriously exchanging hands. These shameless men have all been around and have witnessed the retrogrades of our country even while they were occupying sensitive and powerful positions.
Let me give you instances where he breached section 36 of the constitution just to please ACJA:
His refusal to grant the adjournment when it was sought by kanu Agabi and went ahead with day to day trial is against the right of accused to have time and prepare for his matter.
His refusal to allow Oluyede to move the motion was a sham. He allowed Rotimi to adumbrate but refused the Applicant chance to reply on point of law which is against fair hearing in section 36 (1).
The trite position of the law is that, no matter how useless an application is, a judge is bound to take it. You can allow him to take the motion and adjourn for ruling on the motion while u go ahead with yo trial.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by isahsalee: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2016
I don't want your case end soon, let the lawyers continue milking you.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by hausameat: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
This was my argument but some people who allowed themselves to be controlled by emotions pour insults on my person.
This is why I can't respect Falana, I could remember Falana asking Fashola to remove chairman of panel set up to investigate Soldiers-BRT fiasco because the retired judge is a star witness to LASG in another matter. See http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/brt-probe-falana-requests-fashola-remove-justice-adebajo-chairman/. But same Falana is quiet today because Saraki is corrupt. I want all corrupt politicians to be killed by Firing Squad but it has to follow due process.

I want Saraki to be killed, I don't have sympathy for him, but let us ensure fair hearing. What Umar is doing is against the principle of fair hearing. He has shown interest in the matter by descending into the matter. Let all ministers in the temple of justice demand for his resignation, this is a slap on the profession. It is a trite law that you take a motion once it is before you, no matter how childish the motion could be. see Julius Berger v. Isono a Supreme Court decision in the biter.
Thank you very much. That is why I am been ban every second. I will personally want all those corrupt Nigerians burried alive. I do not give a damn, but their trials should be done with open and total fairness. These are the reasons why I will continue to be bitter about Buhari's ways of doing things. He should not undermine people. He and his apc should rule according to the law and not with open remarks that who is out there to be listened to. Up till now, the 5% vote remarks is not refuted, neither he has made any regretable comments over it of which many people are very bitter. Let him follow due process.
As for Falana, I will be the last Nigerians to give an inch respect to Falana. He is very tribal. These are the Nigerians people will never take serious.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by jadakiss213(m): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2016
hassan85:
Check all of them concurring all IPOD lawyers. when PMB said judiciary was his problem they said he cant work well in democracy. Here is another prove of views from educated illiterates. Well its all a fruitile effort.
Olalekan Ojo is IPOD too Ori e ti daaru.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:51am On Apr 23, 2016
vatoslocos:
Mind you this communique was released before EFCC, again cleared Danladi. I already stated that the interest of the two retired jurists is enough to warrant suspicions. I have nothing against others
1. Justice Salisu Alfa Modibo Belgore; An an indigene of Ilorin who is a beneficiary of d Saraki dynasty!
2. Justice Samson Odemwingie Uwaifo; A Benin man who is likely to be bias!
3. Prof. Ben Nwabueze; we knw d pple bearing names as this!
4. Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu SAN; Imagine d name again.
5. Chief Mike Ozekhome; This one, we all knw his antecedents!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by odikimi: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2016
JuanDeDios:

I agree. But isn't it Saraki and his people who have brought us here with their drawn out shenanigans? Even Lord Diplock would have lost his cool with these people!

Anyway, my real concern. What happens if the judge steps down? And whatever happens, can this same matter be taken to the high court by the FG/EFCC?
Yes, from the evidence laid by the Prosecution, it is glaring that what he is facing is criminal charges which the EFCC has jurisdiction to charge him. The matter should be taken to the FHC and amend the charge to remove the areas on CCB.
I am telling you today, mark my words that the Supreme Court will quashed the judgment of the tribunal on ground of lack of fair hearing.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Jabioro: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2016
Ok now Umar and Saraki,both should resign their current position... No turushy.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by 6digitscomrade: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2016
GOD bless ur wisdom...but though u might not get ur applaud here..here is infested and plagued with hypocrites..
odikimi:

pls sir, I think I hate the man Saraki more than you. You won't know what I am saying, but this is the reason I decided to be a lawyer. There is what is called presumption of innocence that is why, those BH people are referred to as suspects. It pains my heart that fair trial seems alien to u guys. I hate violation of fair hearing. It could happen to you one day when you have issue with rich man.
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by sunkoye: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

So Belgore is an Igbo? smh!!!
Olalekan is an Igbo man?
I am a free born of the Ijaw Nation and have nothing to do with IPOB.
Nigeria I stand for.
belgore is from kwara
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2016
hausameat:
Thank you very much. That is why I am been ban every second. I will personally want all those corrupt Nigerians burried alive. I do not give a damn, but their trials should be done with open and total fairness. These are the reasons why I will continue to be bitter about Buhari's ways of doing things. He should not undermine people. He and his apc should rule according to the law and not with open remarks that who is out there to be listened to. Up till now, the 5% vote remarks is not refuted, neither he has made any regretable comments over it of which many people are very bitter. Let him follow due process.
As for Falana, I will be the last Nigerians to give an inch respect to Falana. He is very tribal. These are the Nigerians people will never take serious.
High court wrong? Another High also wrong? Appeal court? Supreme court wrong too? Who cares who u respect?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Brugo(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2016
Lol. Those saying Saraki should get a fair hearing should read that shitt again. What more is a fair hearing? He has sought injunctions and even challenged the jurisdiction and fairness of the CCT even up to the Supreme Court and lost. He has over 80 "eminent" lawyers and 80 senators in his defence yet all he only employs delay tactics. Let them commence his real defence in earnest if he is innocent. Time wasters.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by jadakiss213(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2016
vatoslocos:
Some of these 'eminent lawyers' have interests in the Saraki case. Justice Belgore(rtd) is like a father to Saraki and both from Ilorin and so has to protect anything affecting Saraki. Justice Oguntade(rtd) also has an axe to grind with Danladi Umar. It was Justice Oguntade who introduced Rasheed Taiwo to Danladi asking that Danladi should help quash the CCT charges against him. Trouble only started after Danladi ruled against Mr Taiwo after Danladi's P.A had allegedly collected almost N2million bribe from Mr Taiwo that he was going to help influence the case.

These two interested parties already tainted the submission of the so called 'eminent lawyers'.
and Olalekan Ojo
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by steve6: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2016
Eminent lawyers! Eminent lawyers indeed ! For anyone that has followed this case from the beginning, it should be obvious that this is just another ploy by Saraki and his team to scuttle this case. Saraki has tried everything to stall this case and this is just another trick up his sleeve. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of this group that has been sleeping all this while suddenly wake up and start screaming Umar should hands off the case to someone else that will dance to Saraki's tune. Shouldn't these so called eminent lawyers have prevailed on Saraki to resign and face his trial proper judging by the truck-load of corruption allegations trailing him? Shouldn't common sense have told them that there is no way Saraki can concentrate and provide the house assembly with the proper leadership the country needs in this dire times? What we are witnessing with this case is not a difficult puzzle to solve at all because 1+1=2 !

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by amaechi1: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2016
When Saraki was busy jumping from court to the other, they not advice him to quite and face the trial. Now that the trials has began, the judge is no more competent.

Sorry to our elders who in the name of rule of law are supporting this evil men (across board). Eminent looters.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by noblebaba: 10:09am On Apr 23, 2016
No one is supporting corruption but umar is over blowing the whistle that was giving to him by the big wigs in Apc,and as for the retired judges what hav they not seen while serving ?is it now that they will collect envelope to support wrong thing?they were saying things as it suppose to be .shikena
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by eyesofgod: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:

It beats my imagination how you can't read a simple write up as this one.
Read the thread again and see if the reason they call for Umar to hands off the matter has to do with Supreme Court. Supreme Court for your information never ruled on "Fair Hearing " on the part of the corrupt Umar.
Please learn how to separate emotions from reasoning.
The issue here once agai is that, Umar has shown tenets of Partiality. The general position of the law is that, no matter how stupid a motion is, a judge is bound to take it but the corrupt Judge Umar was caught barking like a ....
Please read my post and comments again and digest all well. May be Seun should get you an interpreter in Yoruba language.

I have been following your posts up till now but can't find any reason not to conclude that you're extremely unfair in this issue. Are you really a lawyer?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by 4C2215131: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2016
searchng4love:
the conviction will NOT hold water...

When has any conviction in Nigria held water?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2016
hassan85:
Check all of them concurring all IPOD lawyers. when PMB said judiciary was his problem they said he cant work well in democracy. Here is another prove of views from educated illiterates. Well its all a fruitile effort.

Are you insane?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2016
989900:

While I partially agree with you and by extension the old justices, OTOH, in the grand scheme of things, then Saraki's tactics worked perfectly well: try bribing the Judge, if he does not bulge, intimidate him, if he still does not cower, destabilize him and get him to react so you can have him off your case for one of yours to come and preside over the case.

What have the wise men in the article got to say about all of Saraki's shenanigans since the onset of this trial?

Or so far, what have they have said about 'paid justice' in our country as a whole?

The likes of antics like this, and the 'get-away-with-anything' modus operandi is the reason why we have all these calamities befallen upon us, and by whatever it takes, a new path has to be created.

Jail Saraki as a deterrent to others -- bottom line, he made false declaration by his own hand.

He is in court, let him clear his name if he is not guilty as charged . . . he has the option to pursue this further to the supreme court -- let him have at it.

You sir have said it all! While I want to see Saraki rot in jail as a deterrent to others, alas I still want to rule of law to persist for our sakes and those yet unborn
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by jazzman2(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2016
Only in Naija, when someone decides to do his work he is labeled "over-zealous." The corrupt elite will otherwise have us compromise our morals and integrity to their selfish end.

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by jogojogo: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2016
searchng4love:
Umar should excuse himself first.

Why? For what if I may ask?
Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by Prince16: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2016
odikimi:
I want all corrupt politicians to be killed by Firing Squad but it has to follow due process.

I want Saraki to be killed, I don't have sympathy for him, but let us ensure fair hearing. What Umar is doing is against the principle of fair hearing. He has shown interest in the matter by descending into the matter. Let all ministers in the temple of justice demand for his resignation, this is a slap on the profession.

odikimi:
twisting the course of justice by denial of fair hearing is the highest corruption.

what manner of balderdash!

1. Eyahhhhh...., u want him killed. Why, if not dt u know he's guilty. Yet u believe he won't get "fair hearing" under Umar.

2. U want Umar 2 step down yet u never saw any reason 4 saraki 2 step down as SP!

3. You claim 2 be a lawyer yet u've already found him guilty even b4 conclusion; yet, 4 a judge who would most probably tow ur line, u accuse him of bias?! Hmmmm... Pot calling kettle black!

4. Scams/scums like chukwudi44 is beta dn u cos we already know their stand and dey don't mince words with it!

5. **spits**

#Lier.
#reverse~psychology!
#Green~snake~under~green~grass!

989900:

While I partially agree with you and by extension the old justices, OTOH, in the grand scheme of things, then Saraki's tactics worked perfectly well: try bribing the Judge, if he does not bulge, intimidate him, if he still does not cower, destabilize him and get him to react so you can have him off your case for one of yours to come and preside over the case.

What have the wise men in the article got to say about all of Saraki's shenanigans since the onset of this trial?

Or so far, what have they have said about 'paid justice' in our country as a whole?

The likes of antics like this, and the 'get-away-with-anything' modus operandi is the reason why we have all these calamities befallen upon us, and by whatever it takes, a new path has to be created.

Jail Saraki as a deterrent to others -- bottom line, he made false declaration by his own hand.

He is in court, let him clear his name if he is not guilty as charged . . . he has the option to pursue this further to the supreme court -- let him have at it.

modath:

In every place that sanity reigns, the "eminent"?? lawyers would have prevailed on saraki to resign!!!

I'm not holding brief for Umar but which innocent person makes so many excursions to different courts in order to stall a case in which the charges are mere "persecution"/ "witch hunting"?

Panama Papers full expose is in May, whatever that throws up will show us up for who we are as a nation!

Guys beware of snakes like d op!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by jogojogo: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2016
lestat:

You sir have said it all! While I want to see Saraki rot in jail as a deterrent to others, alas I still want to rule of law to persist for our sakes and those yet unborn

How is the rule of law not followed here and how better should it be followed? Remember Saraki lost in appeal court, supreme court and finally at a Federal High court in Lagos. So in all these, the rule of Law was not applied? I guess yes because Saratif could not have his way.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar by jazzman2(m): 10:27am On Apr 23, 2016
[quote author=odikimi post=44962512]
It beats my imagination how you can't read a simple write up as this one.
Read the thread again and see if the reason they call for Umar to hands off the matter has to do with Supreme Court. Supreme Court for your information never ruled on "Fair Hearing " on the part of the corrupt Umar.
Please learn how to separate emotions from reasoning.
The issue here once agai is that, Umar has shown tenets of Partiality. The general position of the law is that, no matter how stupid a motion is, a judge is bound to take it but the corrupt Judge Umar was caught barking like a ....

So you can quickly judge Umar as "showing tenets of partiality" based on his body language; Yet you cry of fair hearing bla bla bla.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Reacts To Killing Of Nigerian Pastor By Chinese Government / Wike Orders Immediate Closure Of International Conference Centre For Renovation / Presidency Reacts To Presidential Jet Rumours: 'Parking Fees don’t exceed £1000'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.