Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment (903 Views)

Why Sex Dolls Won't Work In Nigeria / 8 Relationship Questions You Should Ask Before Commitment / Do You Know Why Sex Is Measured In Rounds???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by donogaga(m): 8:05am On Apr 23, 2016
Sex has become more important than love in today’s world. Many people’s idea of love is centered more around how you can rock my world not so much on how true our connection is. A generation of men and women dying for attention. Women adore getting hit on and being called freaks. They enjoy showing and giving the goodies; and men love attracting attention, advertising their tongue game, their material possessions, and their body count.
It’s all backwards, we’re undoubtedly chasing lust with the idea that it’s going to turn into love. We are backwards. We’ve gotten to a point where we believe sex after marriage is for idiots, lame folks, people who are ugly, and weirdos. If it’s not about that good sex then why be with them right? You need to be pleased right?

Well we are getting pleasure and heartbreaks. A bunch of soul ties for orgasms. We fill our voids with sex and using promiscuity to define our identity because in this generation that stuff gets you the eyes. It’s all about good head, big butts, and good sex sessions more than anything.

Only if we could see how much we are hurting ourselves. If we could postpone sex until marriage how much better would it make things?

Well here’s some beliefs you can get out of your mind and maybe you can see why it’s better to put sex on hold.

1.) It’s just sex, it’s part of a relationship. Nope sex clouds your judgement – we often hear sex complicates things. Most of us don’t know how and don’t care but it does. They say love makes you do stupid things, but good sex can make you make stupid decisions. Imagine meeting someone you have nothing in common with. You can clearly see if you had a relationship with them it would going no where, but loneliness led you to go out to a party with them, drinks got involved, and bam it happened. The sex was good but he or she is a bad match. Well what happened? Your lust filled heart will raise your curiosity and justifying will start. After sleeping together a few times eventually you’ll start saying “this ain’t that bad, this isn’t that bad.” How many times have we fell for someone who we didn’t even like from the start? We settled because they were giving us something we felt we needed at the time.
Sex makes more things acceptable. It makes compromising easier, and really sometimes goes against logic. When you choose to keep sex out you get to know the person for who they truly are. If you fall in love with them, you fall in love with the real them, real connections, a real bond not influenced by anything. Most men won’t stick around if they aren’t getting sex. Why would you want to be with someone who can’t be with you because of no sex? How did the older generation make it? They valued sex, and many practiced it only in marriage. Don’t you see how their love stories are different from ours.

2.) Someone who is as freaky as me is a good match – What I think our generation doesn’t understand the most is that sex isn’t everything, and being a freak isn’t anything special. Anyone can become a freak to someone they are attracted to. Both women and men are freaks. It just takes the right bond. Being freaky is about having very little to no boundaries when it comes to doing whatever it takes to please the person you love. The problem is we’re doing all that for people we think we love. Giving everyone else your future wife or husband’s surprise away. The person you marry should be the one bringing out the real freak in you. Who better to experiment and do all the crazy things with than the person who will be yours till death comes between you both.

3.) I have to test drive the car before I buy it. - So you’re a car? You do know every time you test drive a car you put mileage on it. A lot of people who have that idea aren’t doing test drives. They are leasing it. In reality we want to be a car or get a car with high mileage, but want to be valued like a new car when we find someone who’s willing to keep us. No offense but a car loses its value over time as more mileage gets added to it. We are  talking about one of the most important things God ever created. We’re starting to care about sex more than we care about a real connection that goes beyond the physical. If you wait to find someone you love and marry them trust me if you love the person there’s no way the sex can be that bad, and if it is who better to work on improving your sex life with then your spouse. Sex is supposed to be a learning experience as well. Like everything else practice makes perfect. The idea should not be to practice with everyone else and then be ready for your soulmate. That’s like learning all the plays from one football team, and transferring to another one once it’s game time then saying, “I got it all down. I’m ready to play.”

4.) Its all for pleasure, just fun – many may disagree with this because society has redefined the purpose of sex using it as a product more than anything. However, soul ties exist. Every time you have sex with someone you are giving a part of yourself to them. Someone you’re most likely not going to marry. Someone once got a piece of scotch tape and told me see it like this.They kept putting the tape on different people and taking it off. Overtime the tape couldn’t stick because the value died. It lost its purpose. I am not saying if you have sex you are not valuable, but I’m saying sex can be more meaningful. Soul ties exist. That’s why some people are holding on to some people who treat them worst than dogs. Many think it’s love when it’s really an emotional attachments caused by a sexual connection. It’s wise to guard yourself against that, and only have soul ties with your soul mate. Sex is powerful, and it’s best if you use it right.

Committing (and by committing for me it means marriage) before you start sleeping around is wise. Commitment may mean just a good relationship to you, no judgement here. It’s hard to not desire sex. It’s hard to not go to that person who always makes you feel good. It’s’s hard, it’s hard, it’s hard, especially in a world where sex is really everything. Everyone is talking about it and doing it, but one thing I’ve learned is part of maturity means learning to delay pleasure and staying disciplined. Saving sex until you are committed will save so much pain, dissapointment, and confusion. Challenge yourself in that area and see. I’ve fallen for a woman just because of good sex before thinking I was in love. It wasn’t until I was out of the relationship and started a spiritual journey that I noticed all we had in common was sex. It’s all we used to solve everything, and the only interaction we had. There’s more to it. You deserve to give this beautiful gift God gave us to the one God chose for you. You deserve a relationship without clouded judgement; a love that isn’t fueled by false emotions/lust and so forth.

https://gentlemenhood.com/sex-shouldnt-come-commitment/4/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 23, 2016
This issue has been over flogged!
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by pasqal09: 8:07am On Apr 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

U should run for miss NL, u have a good chance of wining
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 23, 2016
pasqal09:

U should run for miss NL, u have a good chance of wining

Ohh,thanks. But I'll prefer to look on and enjoy the show.
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by pasqal09: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2016
smiley
Oliviaarims:

Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by obiorathesubtle: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:
You're beautiful.. Nice dp..
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
You're beautiful.. Nice dp..

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Learn to punctuate properly using commas. You are an intelligent writer and a smart young lady, but when you punctuate the way you do, it makes you seem like an amateur and someone who's writing shouldn't be taken seriously.

Always leave a space after the comma, before you type in the next word.

For instance, you wrote - "Ohh,thanks"

When it should have been - "Ohh, thanks"

Notice the space after my comma? That's how to write. smiley
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by pasqal09: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2016
Caravan:

Learn to punctuate properly using commas. You are an intelligent writer and a smart young lady, but when you punctuate the way you do, it makes you seem like an amateur and someone who's writing shouldn't be taken seriously.

Oga, u don try. But we still got her msg.
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
Caravan:

And I've been reminded of something crucial today. Thanks. cheesy
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by vickyO(f): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Issues that border on morality and good judgement cannot be over flogged.

It's just like saying, we should all keep quiet about child and women abuse because it has been repeatedly rebuked by many.

My dear, the issue of sex before marriage, to some individuals, stands on the same pedestal as child abuse and other vices.

Sex before marriage is a seemingly harmless vice that is indulged in by many. It has become the norm but that doesn't make it correct.

The truth should be over flogged till it becomes the norm.

1 Like

Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
vickyO:

Issues that border on morality and good judgement cannot be over flogged.

It's just like saying, we should all keep quiet about child and women abuse because it has been repeatedly rebuked by many.

My dear, the issue of sex before marriage, to some individuals, stands on the same pedestal as child abuse and other vices.

Sex before marriage is a seemingly harmless vice that is indulged in by many. It has become the norm but that doesn't make it correct.

The truth should be over flogged till it becomes the norm.

Alright. There's a lot of sense in what you've said. But, still...
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by falconey(m): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
pasqal09:
smiley

hey men........Seems you are in a good mood, maybe its because of the babe you quoted i don't care.

I want to use this opportunity to apologise for my pestering gestures months ago. Please forgive me.

Treat me like one of your ex gf whom cheated on you.
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Thanks.

Cute, how are you.
Re: Why Sex Shouldn’t Come Before Commitment by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2016
amateur:

Cute, how are you.

Lol. I'm fine, thank you, Iyi.. grin

(1) (Reply)

. / How Do I Ignite The Love Back??? / Why Is Romance Section So Boring These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.