Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184185 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
ifyalways:
What are y'all messaging yourselves up and down? Hope we wont hear stories that touch later. . .

A mam ha

Anyways they are adults, they should know how to handle themselves.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ngcars(m): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
@inconnue
I am so sorry I did not see the message on time.

If you are still in Abidjan, I can give you CFA cash and you will see the naira equivalent to my nigeria acct. If still interested kindly respond to this message.

quote author=inconnue post=50740908]

Hello,I'm in Abidjan and my Atm cards don't work. Any chance I can transfer the money to your account and you give me the equivalent in cfa? Stranded[/quote]
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by inconnue(f): 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=ngcars post=50843643]@inconnue
I am so sorry I did not see the message on time.

If you are still in Abidjan, I can give you CFA cash and you will see the naira equivalent to my nigeria acct. If still interested kindly respond to this

Yes I'm still very much interested. Please give me your number so I can contact you. Thank you
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by bogolobango(m): 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
I be don for Abidjan if you're coming just put in your mind it's a for a business start up job opportunities is 0% I've been here for roughly 8yrs and its a very beautiful country to visit the only difficulties you may encounter it's a French speaking country

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
bogobolanbango pls.what kind.of business can.one do there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Christie171(f): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
OgoMentor84:
Joncan and christie am also ready to go any moment from now,av u pple move if not yes,lets all of us team 2geda and move for two heads re better than one pm me ur nums,my09074987596
sorry friends I've changed my mind. heading to Saudi Arabia now
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by osolee(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
Christie171:
sorry friends I've changed my mind. heading to Saudi Arabia now
take me along to Jeddah kiss

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello house, I plan to come probably by March next year after my Youth Service. I have read this topic from page one to this current page. Honestly, I must commend your efforts. My plan is to come and establish a business, though my budget is low (500-800k Naira). What businesses can I start with this amount and which areas should I look forward to? Can I get a flat sharing there (I would like to start with a low life)? Lastly, owing to CBN's ban on Naira card abroad, what can be my possible means of transferring my money. By cash seems at risk to me. Please I would like to have your opinions on this as I want to intensify my plans. Need to leave immediately after my passing out. (May not withstand seeing my CV used in rapping Akara)
Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jojokings: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
pls can i get any person contact in abijan whom i can call am preparing to move next month
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by corkpikin(m): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2016
roughdiamond:
Hello house, I plan to come probably by March next year after my Youth Service. I have read this topic from page one to this current page. Honestly, I must commend your efforts. My plan is to come and establish a business, though my budget is low (500-800k Naira). What businesses can I start with this amount and which areas should I look forward to? Can I get a flat sharing there (I would like to start with a low life)? Lastly, owing to CBN's ban on Naira card abroad, what can be my possible means of transferring my money. By cash seems at risk to me. Please I would like to have your opinions on this as I want to intensify my plans. Need to leave immediately after my passing out. (May not withstand seeing my CV used in rapping Akara)
Thanks

[b]let say N1 million

That's 1million CFA

Accommodation in areas like Cocody,Riveria and Palmeria extention

100,000 cfa per month at Riveria Jardin studio apartment.
Landlord takes 3 months rent + 2 months Caution + Agent fee equals 600,000 Cfa . I had no choice. Trechville,Grandbassam, Macouri faya, is a no no for me Average house rent overthere is 50,000 to 60,000 cfa.
Youpogon hmmmn! it's a choice though house rent there is btw 35,000 to 50,000 cfa see! fine girls full here o most especially you can't speak French prepared to be loved by FEMME here unlike no woman for u in Nigeria if u can't speak good english.

Taxi from Cocody to Trechville 2,000 CFA woro woro cost 700cfa ... Normal Naija money remember CFA and Naira are almost the same

10 eggs cost 1,000 cfa
Can coke cost 500 cfa
Table water 500 cfa .... Though they have one of the best h20
SK something that make's boiz smile ask tinubu .. 1 wrap is 1000cfa and naija 100 Naira .... No wonder they traffic drug here but if thier police catch you ehn! 20 years bye bye ur pikin don grow smoke that shit in ur house .

Your 10,000 Naira in Nigeria is one paper here.

Now i want to do e spending

wake up in the morning and i brush up my teeth.
visit suprette
Bonjour man. I normally don't use the word Messouir

Me: Bonjour Man
Him: Bonnnnjour mesiour common tu va
me: Fine! Mercy . Frowned face naija calculation on my head..
Pardon don mua . Eff avec delo combien?
Him: Mill cent cang..
Me: QUA? pardon ecript write. pulls out my calculator to press the figure ..Oh 1,500 Cfa egg and water .. Nawaooooo!
give red bull how much ?
Him: 1,000 cfa
Me: for my head Red bull 1k naija inside west Africa wey i no dey Europe damn! Abidjan is expensive Ghana dey learn work.

3G internet 10,000 cfa

10gig cost 30,000 cfa

If you have a job here you are good to go. [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 10:40am On Nov 13, 2016
corkpikin:

[b]let say N1 million

That's 1million CFA

Accommodation in areas like Cocody,Riveria and Palmeria extention

100,000 cfa per month at Riveria Jardin studio apartment.
Landlord takes 3 months rent + 2 months Caution + Agent fee equals 600,000 Cfa . I had no choice. Trechville,Grandbassam, Macouri faya, is a no no for me Average house rent overthere is 50,000 to 60,000 cfa.
Youpogon hmmmn! it's a choice though house rent there is btw 35,000 to 50,000 cfa see! fine girls full here o most especially you can't speak French prepared to be loved by FEMME here unlike no woman for u in Nigeria if u can't speak good english.

Taxi from Cocody to Trechville 2,000 CFA woro woro cost 700cfa ... Normal Naija money remember CFA and Naira are almost the same

10 eggs cost 1,000 cfa
Can coke cost 500 cfa
Table water 500 cfa .... Though they have one of the best h20
SK something that make's boiz smile ask tinubu .. 1 wrap is 1000cfa and naija 100 Naira .... No wonder they traffic drug here but if thier police catch you ehn! 20 years bye bye ur pikin don grow smoke that shit in ur house .

Your 10,000 Naira in Nigeria is one paper here.

Now i want to do e spending

wake up in the morning and i brush up my teeth.
visit suprette
Bonjour man. I normally don't use the word Messouir

Me: Bonjour Man
Him: Bonnnnjour mesiour common tu va
me: Fine! Mercy . Frowned face naija calculation on my head..
Pardon don mua . Eff avec delo combien?
Him: Mill cent cang..
Me: QUA? pardon ecript write. pulls out my calculator to press the figure ..Oh 1,500 Cfa egg and water .. Nawaooooo!
give red bull how much ?
Him: 1,000 cfa
Me: for my head Red bull 1k naija inside west Africa wey i no dey Europe damn! Abidjan is expensive Ghana dey learn work.

3G internet 10,000 cfa

10gig cost 30,000 cfa

If you have a job here you are good to go. [/b]

looool soo soo funny and interesting at the same. you realy tried. JJC tinz i grab. Africa is cool too!
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by inconnue(f): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
[/quote]

You're so right. It literally makes my head hurt but I just can't stop calculating. Internet that we pay 3.5 gig for 2,000 naira (MTN) is 10,300 CFA here for 3gig. Coke that is 100ngn is 400cfa. Bodyspray is even the worst! We buy it in Nigeria for between 700-900ngn now because of recession o,here it's between 2500-3000cfa. I don't even want to talk about house rent cause what we pay in a year is their monthly rate. What about when you make an effort to learn French? It's 110,000CFA a month at Institut Français. That's about 100k. Even with the recession it's still 10 times cheaper to live in Nigeria jor.

7 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by corkpikin(m): 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2016
[b]The French government really tried but one thing I have noticed about here is that the real estate here are not organized.

They love enjoyment pass their future.
If you want to know. I was in a bar at Alade market along Riveria around 8:00 pm then a police man came and instructed the bar man to reduce the volume of the music.

Girls here are dope # If u are married problem if you are not married bigger one.

I like Yopougon ... I cll the area Young people .. If you have money I won't advice you to patronise Abuja 50k for what ? Haba ! That is Kworroption and BUBU must look into it.

Meanwhile with your swag and confidence

Me: Hallo cava cherry
Her: halllllo Mesiour cavaa a ( French ascent )

Bouncing and trying to look straight into eyeball
Me: Qui cava pasque moi pallay French Empe ..camarat isi la
Arrive one moi 2 weeks je'compre week?
Her: qui in semmien ..Daccord Commons tu ta appele?
Me : Je ma appele corkpik moi Nigeria tua pallay Anglais?
Apre toi moi become bien monamiee ( feeling excited )
Her: Daccord
Me : Don mua ton Numero apre mua appele
Her: portab gartay speak deep French angry
Me: you mean phone no good ? Number yepa pattay undecided
Her: deep French! angry
Me: Well cherry moi je pa compre o French empe OK? Writes my number in paper give her cool

Some collect and text while some don't bother meanwhile thanks for Google translation .

Ivoriens are friendly but would never trust you because they don't even trust themselves.
Maybe because they love drinking if your wife get pregnant ivoriens are bad oooo I no see but I hear and have seen close to that .
No job angry

Nigeria is better . If you can maintain your champion.
I thought SouthhAfrica was expensive grin
Mo wa l'enu e bayi.
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by roughdiamond(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
Thanks for some of your replies above. I am still keen on relocating to Abidjan after my Youth Service. 800k is all I have and I must still give it a try. Tired of this place already
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by omololakej: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
Harzontorh:

Hi le stylo, Kindly drop your number, i need to contact you. or e-mail. or you mail me. Merçi

@Harzontorh I make beads and sell at wholesales price
you can link me up
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by omololakej: 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
LeStylo:

Hello. An old friend in CIV would love to sell beads. Perhaps i can hook you two and she could be your retailer of sort. What do you think? Yes, she's an Ivoirian but speaks no word of English apart from basic greetings.

Let me know what you think.

@ lestylo am a bead maker and supply at wholesales price.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LeStylo: 6:35am On Nov 24, 2016
corkpikin:
[b]The French government really tried but one thing I have noticed about here is that the real estate here are not organized.

They love enjoyment pass their future.
If you want to know. I was in a bar at Alade market along Riveria around 8:00 pm then a police man came and instructed the bar man to reduce the volume of the music.

Girls here are dope # If u are married problem if you are not married bigger one.

I like Yopougon ... I cll the area Young people .. If you have money I won't advice you to patronise Abuja 50k for what ? Haba ! That is Kworroption and BUBU must look into it.

Meanwhile with your swag and confidence

Me: Hallo cava cherry
Her: halllllo Mesiour cavaa a ( French ascent )

Bouncing and trying to look straight into eyeball
Me: Qui cava pasque moi pallay French Empe ..camarat isi la
Arrive one moi 2 weeks je'compre week?
Her: qui in semmien ..Daccord Commons tu ta appele?
Me : Je ma appele corkpik moi Nigeria tua pallay Anglais?
Apre toi moi become bien monamiee ( feeling excited )
Her: Daccord
Me : Don mua ton Numero apre mua appele
Her: portab gartay speak deep French angry
Me: you mean phone no good ? Number yepa pattay undecided
Her: deep French! angry
Me: Well cherry moi je pa compre o French empe OK? Writes my number in paper give her cool

Some collect and text while some don't bother meanwhile thanks for Google translation .

Ivoriens are friendly but would never trust you because they don't even trust themselves.
Maybe because they love drinking if your wife get pregnant ivoriens are bad oooo I no see but I hear and have seen close to that .
No job angry

Nigeria is better . If you can maintain your champion.
I thought SouthhAfrica was expensive grin
Mo wa l'enu e bayi.
[/b]

Oh my God! You cracked me up silly. I dey feel you bro.

You keep the memories flooding. I hope to go for a vacation in Abidjan someday soon.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by LeStylo: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2016
omololakej:

@ lestylo am a bead maker and supply at wholesales price.

Awesome. Let me have your email address for a chat. I'll speak with my friend if it still interests her. I had held back cos most of the people in here are trying to be middle men which will hike retail cost and make it a worthless venture. Rovk-bottom price is key.

Je suis a l'attente. Merci en avance.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Bonsoir à toutes mes amis ici cheesy Comment tout le monde va?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ngcars(m): 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
Bien merci mon frère
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
ngcars:
Bien merci mon frère
Très bien... Tu es toujours à Abidjan, ou tu es parti?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by ngcars(m): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2016
Je suis toujours à Abidjan mon frère. Si vous voulez envoyer CFA au Nigéria, je peux vous donner l'équivalent naira à un bon taux

Ugosample:

Très bien...
Tu es toujours à Abidjan, ou tu es parti?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by akpomeimei: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hello all,

I'm coming over to abidjan next week....looking for a cheap accommodation for a month, I believe its called 'colocation'.

Anyone with any information kindly respond.

Much appreciated.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by nwapee(m): 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
Pls house, how much does average android phone like techno, samsung, infinix etc cost in Abidjan. I plan to come with only money nd buy my stuffs there. Pls a quick reply on d cost of mobile phones on d average will be appreciated.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by nwapee(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2016
As at today, LAGOS - ABIDJAN = N19500. LAGOS - ABIDJAN = N26,000 (Without Passport), LAGOS - ACCRA = N11,000 by Young Shall grow Motor, Maza Maza Branch. LAGOS - ACCRA = N15,600 by ABC Transport Amowu Odofin Branch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by bogolobango(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2017
@inconnue Hahahhahahah are you still in Abidjan lets hooks up i normally Tell me guys the same that ivory coast is damn expensive than naija buh they wont take it serious

You gat a pm Check your Mail
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by bogolobango(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2017
Corkpikin i stay in Abidjan too lets hook up Bro I've been for years check ur mail u gat a pm
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cutieme(m): 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
bogolobanga,how ivory
now ,pls tell us about the business atmosphere there and what one can.do.there, also how. their shollies?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by abiolert(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ugosample:

Young Shall Grow maza maza
The ticket can't be more than 23k
can i go to ivory coast without ecowas passport?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by bogolobango(m): 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pure once you gat your Money U go run biz for ivory coast sure

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.