Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184261 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2018
forzaDiya:
Hello.

Pls, I have two questions.

1. What kind of goods can I buy with #500k from CIV to sell in Nigeria and make good profits?

2. If a family of 4 wants to relocate to CIV from Nigeria, like how much do you think will be enough for them to have a good house (moderate) and start up a small business over there?

1) Perfumes are cheap here generally, and since cfa is less than naira in value, u will definitely make some change .
2) House rent is paid monthly about 50,000-100,000 cfa monthly for at least 2 bed apartment, in major areas like plateau,cocody, yamassoukoro.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2018
Fpxchange:
Mputo

Close to Rivera?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2018
Rizzoli:

1) Perfumes are cheap here generally, and since cfa is less than naira in value, u will definitely make some change .
2) House rent is paid monthly about 50,000-100,000 cfa monthly for at least 2 bed apartment, in major areas like plateau,cocody, yamassoukoro.

The bolded is not in Abidjan.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
Promzwealth:

Pls your WhatsApp number

Here is my whatsapp number. +2347060946085
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ugosample:

Abidjan is what Lagos plus Abuja will NEVER be.

I lived there.

So don't even go there

Bros, make you lie small na. You can only compare Abidjan with Lagos, please do not add Abuja to sale your point
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:

Bros, make you lie small na. You can only compare Abidjan with Lagos, please do not add Abuja to sale your point

I was also staying in Abidjan
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:

oga

I'm telling you

Abidjan BETTER pass Abuja

They have constant light, Abuja does not

They have a water system, Abuja own is fractured

They have very good roads, Abuja tried in that dept

ease of doing business is better in Abidjan than Abuja

So what are we talking about?

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:

I was also staying in Abidjan
Abidjan to me is better than Abuja
Though Abuja has its plus sides too

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Fpxchange: 2:27am On Aug 25, 2018
Hmmmmm. That is your opinion though.

Abuja is by far better than Abidjan in my own opinion too.

There are lots of very dirty places in Abidjan, areas like youpogon, Abobo, most part of Koumassi, Anoumambo, Treachiville and some places in Marcory. From Marcory grand marche to pettit marche down to St Theress

These places smells badly. Market here is also getting saturated by the day unlike before.

Ugosample:

Abidjan to me is better than Abuja

Though Abuja has its plus sides too
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by marvelos1: 6:13am On Aug 25, 2018
How about setting up an hair cut saloon shop will it be a profitable business over there?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 7:42am On Aug 25, 2018
Fpxchange:

There are lots of very dirty places in Abidjan, areas like youpogon, Abobo, most part of Koumassi, Anoumambo, Treachiville and some places in Marcory. From Marcory grand marche to pettit marche down to St Theress

These places smells badly. Market here is also getting saturated by the day unlike before.

there are a lot of smelling places in Abj too

especially the outskirts

Abuja does not have a central water system, nor good electricity

that alone has cancelled Abuja

And I'll rather live in cocody/deux plateau than anywhere on Abuja (even Wuse or Maitama)

Because I'm Nigerian does not mean i should be sentimental about this

Abidjan over Abujs anytime

4 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2018
Ugosample:

oga

I'm telling you

Abidjan BETTER pass Abuja

They have constant light, Abuja does not

They have a water system, Abuja own is fractured

They have very good roads, Abuja tried in that dept

ease of doing business is better in Abidjan than Abuja

So what are we talking about?

If you talk about water and light i will agree, but If u talk about infrastructure like - road, beauty and every thing that stands with real mondelise country then give it to Abuja, people compare Abuja like Accra, and some state in South Africa. Please dont forget that Abuja is still on construction .
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2018
[img][/img]

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Harzontorh: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2018
EMEKUSBOY9:

If you talk about water and light i will agree, but If u talk about infrastructure like - road, beauty and every thing that stands with real mondelise country then give it to Abuja, people compare Abuja like Accra, and some state in South Africa. Please dont forget that Abuja is still on construction .

Hello Sir, None of everything you mentioned is a plus for Abuja. Abidjan beats Abuja hands down on all aspect you mentioned. I am sure you don't realy know Abidjan so well (You sound like you know the Bad Areas) which all African cities are bound to have.

You say people compare Abuja to Accra, we are talking about comparison with Paris in terms of layout. Bro You realy don't know Abidjan.

Take a walk around Deux-Plateaux, Les Rivieras, Zone 4 Industriel Marcory, Cocody St Jean and Forget The whole of Nigeria.

PS: Since Abuja with all the acclaimed beauty can never have 24 hour electricity then it can never be compared with developing w/African cities like Abidjan, Accra, Dakar etc.

Abuja is still a bush where money is visible through few short personal buildings like that of Lekki in Lagos. I haven't seen 4 skyscrapers at a glance in Abuja. Never !

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by stonecoldcafe: 11:13am On Aug 30, 2018
Ugosample:

I am sorry grin grin
These days it comes spontaneously....

Hi Ugo, how long did it take before you got a hang of the language?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

Hi Ugo, how long did it take before you got a hang of the language?
IT took me a while
The key thing to learning French is to listen, then repeat the sounds
And take it one bit at a time, and speak without shame cheesy grin
Dem go laugh you, then correct you

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by stonecoldcafe: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2018
Ugosample:

IT took me a while

The key thing to learning French is to listen, then repeat the sounds

And take it one bit at a time, and speak without shame
cheesy grin

Dem go laugh you, then correct you
Thank you
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
Thank you
anytime
Are you currently in CIV?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by stonecoldcafe: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ugosample:

anytime

No. I am not. If I do, its for a trip. Holiday. Just developed interest in French of late. That's all.
You and Harzontorh have done an amazing job on the thread
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by popizaino(m): 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2018
Fpxchange:

Abidjan function as an administrative,commercial,industrial and residential city so it's normal there will be areas that are not so clean.All in all abuja beats it to beautiful edifices dotted around every nook and cranny of it.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cue64: 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ugosample:

anytime

bro please which bus would be the best to Abidjan and what would the price be like
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
cue64:
bro please which bus would be the best to Abidjan and what would the price be like

young shall grow is the best to me.

Can't really say about the price

These days I take flights

But I am very sure that one way trip will not cost up to 30k

that one is guaranteed
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cue64: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ugosample:

young shall grow is the best to me.

Can't really say about the price

These days I take flights

But I am very sure that one way trip will not cost up to 30k

that one is guaranteed
okay bro thanks a lot please where is their park located
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Ugosample(m): 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
cue64:
okay bro thanks a lot please where is their park located

just find your way to maza maza (after mile 2) in Lagos and ask for directions
Their park is in Maza maza
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by cue64: 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ugosample:

just find your way to maza maza (after mile 2) in Lagos and ask for directions
Their park is in Maza maza
okay bro thanks a lot i’m Grateful
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Qu33nSh3ba: 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
First of all, I wish to sincerely appreciate all those who comes here, spend their energy and time in updating information and answering questions, you all are amazing...

I need the contact of anyone who is currently in Abidjan. Please ... I'm begging send me a mail on checkify4love@yahoo.com

For security reasons, I can't ask my questions or share any information here...

Lastly... Just as we have Nigerians and Africans with good intentions here, willing and ready to help others, so we have scammers who are looking for new travelers to exploit in this forum.... Its both sad and shameful...

I look forward to hearing from you...
XOXO
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Qu33nSh3ba: 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
First of all, I wish to sincerely appreciate all those who comes here, spend their energy and time in updating information and answering questions, you all are amazing...

I need the contact of anyone who is currently in Abidjan. Please ... I'm begging send me a mail on checkify4love@yahoo.com

Lastly... Just as we have Nigerians and Africans with good intentions here, willing and ready to help others, so we have scammers who are looking for new travelers to exploit in this forum.... Its both sad and shameful...

XOXO[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by JWTheocracy1: 2:12am On Sep 02, 2018
Qu33nSh3ba:

XOXO[color=#770077][/color]

Iwujijephter1@gmail.com
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by BECALMBECALM(m): 3:04am On Sep 02, 2018
Shine your eyes. Most Nigerians have crime in their DNA.It is a pity.May God help us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.