Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,647 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About (45205 Views)

(pictures) Dont Miss This!! House For Quick Sale Near Trade Fair. / Logic To Use In Buying Land From Omo-onile In Mowe And Ofada Area / Plot Of Land For Sale @ Ofada, Mowe And Magboro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by lawyer(m): 12:58am On Aug 07, 2009
The Real Mowe and Ofada:

For almost a year plus, People have been calling and mailing me to ask about the status of the famed Mowe/ Ofada/ Ibafo that is being advertised everywhere for Prospective People to purchase in Ogun State.

There are a Million and one Gimmicks to hoodwink people to buy these Estates ranging from the Sublime to Mundane and sometimes outright Silly!

You see the perfect 3D designs of Houses and buildings in the papers and on T.v commercials and you are totally flocked with Testimonial words of how many plots are remaining and you should hurry to Subscribe now for less than N200,000 unless the plots to be allocated will soon finish and the prices will Jump up astronomically BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE RUSHING THAT ESTATE LIKE MAD ! But are the Agents really telling you the Truth? undecided

Today i decided to take a trip  for the third time to investigate once and for all the Mowe/ Ofada/ Ibafo axis on behalf of a Nairalander who contracted me to do a search to see how viable the place is. Trust me when I tell you that you must do a search before you buy a place, You consider it to be a Joke until the inevitable catches up with you.

1 Share

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by lawyer(m): 1:09am On Aug 07, 2009
More from the Real Mowe Ofada Ibafo:

The Word going around from Most of these Agents is that Mowe/ Ofada/ Ibafo Estates are so developed that people are rushing there in their Thousands to build houses and get plots but from the pictures below, you will see that its one huge thick forest filled with Bushes that i dont see anything considerably happening there within the next 3 to 5 years! undecided

There are over 300 estates with Huge banners advertising the same thing and making people believe that its Lekki Phase 1 or Maitama in the making Right now undecided but from the pictures below, you can tell that Badagry Has a better chance of developing tomorrow than those places! They spend Millions and Millions of Naira to advertise these proposed Houses but its easier to find a needle in a Haystack before you find a completed Proposed House there!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by lawyer(m): 1:19am On Aug 07, 2009
Still More from the Real Mowe Ofada Ibafo so called developed Estates:

Anybody buying a land there should either buy those lands for LONG TERM INVESTMENT and not for immediate Movement. Apart from these 3 Estates that considerable development has occured i.e Golden Masters Estate, Yotomi Estate and Sherry View Estate, the rest are just Mere jungles over filled with bushes and trees.

I also went to the Ogun State Land Bureau in Abeokuta to perform a concrete search on some of those Estates and know whether they even have the right to market to sell them to the public and have the right certificates, you will be shocked to know that Most of them do not have a Certificate of Occupancy (C/O) from the Ogun State Government granting them the right to own those lands and sell to the public, which automatically means some of them are selling defective lands to unsuspecting people and you will have to cough out blood to procure your own C/O tomorrow from the Ogun State Government. I was even reliably told by a senior Official that The Ogun state Government, intends to swoop on that place soon to Verify and reclaim some of those Lands and Estate because they havent followed Due process in acquiring them for sale to People.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by lawyer(m): 1:31am On Aug 07, 2009
Pictures Dont Lie!

This is Just a Sign Board Contest grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Funniest thing is that they are all on the same long stretch of Road along the Papalanto Sagamu axis i.e Approximately 45 Minutes to 1 Hour from the Lagos/ Ibadan Toll Gate! I wonder what makes one Estate Price More expensive than the other one because there is no visible development there apart from 2 or 3 from a bunch of 300 Estates or More! undecided

Why the Marketers go out of thier way to Misrepresent these things baffle the hell out of Me! Only Sherry View, Golden Masters, To an Extent Golden Heritage and Yotimi Estates have done some considerable work there but that doesnt mean a whole lot of people stay there o!

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by lawyer(m): 1:37am On Aug 07, 2009
This wasnt what was being advertised on T.V and Castle magazine as the next Lekki Phase One Scheme o!

Luckily, for the the Nairalander who wanted to buy a Plot in Sherryview, SherryView Estate has applied for a C/O and it has been published:

A classic Search Report to be valid goes thus like this:

A Piece of Land Situates along Papalanto/ Sagamu Road Kori Oja Village, Via Owode, Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area shown on survey Plan Number OG/1381/2008/10 OF 06/06/2008 with Survey BEACONS nos SC/OGY6780GR to SC/OGY6860GR all Inclusive. Having an Area 127.216 Hectares and granted by Family Chief Jimoh Biliaminu (Olori Ebi), Mr Alani Shittu ( Secretary) For Biliaminu Family OW/PL-

Applicants: City Planners property and Investment Limited

So next time somebody tries to hoodwink you to go all out to buy a Mowe/Ofada/Ibafo Land, Ask him about the status of the Estate and the Documents it has before you Part with your money and begin to chase them left right and centre asking them what happened to all the promises that was been fed to you!

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by lawyer(m): 1:50am On Aug 07, 2009
Honestly Speaking, Having over 300 Proposed Estates on the same road and only a hand full have started any form of considerable work is just plain shameful because anyone that hasnt seen these pictures or hasnt been to that place will believe anything these Marketers tell you hook line and sinker and loads of People have thrown their money to these Undeveloped Estates and cannot fanthom the Head or Tail of the Property Anymore!

For Years, the Majority of People who are Looking to sell their Lands  or Property would Employ an Estate Agent to Ensure their best Interests are looked after, but its suprising that the buyer would still rest his hopes, beliefs and final conclusion on the Seller's Estate Agent without seeking Professional Land advice. undecided

Most People would not consider buying a business without seeking advice from an Accountant or Trade Shares without a Stock Broker or Plan their Retirement without a Financial Advisor, Why therefore should buyers Risk Making a Wrong Decision and Wrong Choice when buying a Property or Land without seeking INDEPENDENT, IMPARTIAL ADVISE TO SEARCH PROPERLY AND FIND THAT PROPERTY OR LAND TO GIVE YOU A REST OF MIND FREE FROM WAHALA, OMONILE, FRAUDSTERS, SCHEMERS AND GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION all because the land is cheap in your eyes and you think its a good Investment! undecided

I have got news for you Buyers! ONCE MONEY CHANGES HANDS TO THE SELLER OR HIS AGENTS OR OMONILES, Say Bye-Bye to your Millions and no matter how you enagage the Nigerian Army or the Police or the Law Courts, you will NEVER, EVER RECOVER THAT MONEY!  cry     

Do the Right thing and Conduct your own Person Independent Search before you buy anything and if you can't do it because of Time Constraints or Job Constraints, Engage a Professional Independent Advisor to do it for you! Remember Its not How Long but How Well!

Shine your Eyes o!

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by lawyer(m): 2:36am On Aug 07, 2009
A view of Sherry View and Golden Masters Estates:

I wish i could get more pictures here but i was on a clandestine Mission to get these pictures because if these Estate Site Managers knew i was about to expose their Advertising Scam, i am not sure i would have gotten a single Picture to show you!

So all of you based outside Nigeria, stop asking me this question anymore about how Mowe/ Ofada looks like and what kind of development is there!

Its all here for you to make your own guess and decisions. Compare the Agent's Pictures and My Pictures! grin

The Choice is Ultimately Yours at the End!

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by nuesaweso(f): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2009
Thanks for this Lawyer. I berra look elsewhere then.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by jesuseun1(m): 10:54am On Aug 07, 2009
hello lawyer,

God bless for this good work.infact,d fact is not that all d place is bushy,development can take place fast,d fact is the estates having all the necessary Govt docs.I am planning to go to investigate an estate,golden heritage estate,its towards d end of d road.dey said its 390k per plot.when i was at their office,i accused then of not having any pics to show the status of d estate.pls how much is land at sherry view estate and golden mater estates ,it seems they are more serious.

do u have idea of green life estate,close to MFM prayer city.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by atilla(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2009
Wow im very suprised to see these pictures. The idea i had when i saw all those their fancy fliers is that most of them already had roads, water, power suply e.t.c. It means that if u buy mowe now u will still have to wait for 3-5years before it becomes usable.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by grace5: 11:30am On Aug 07, 2009
PALS LAWYER I SPOKE TO YOU SOMETIME A GO PLEASE WHAT ABOUT GRACE LAND ESTATE PHASE 1 WANT T O DEVELOP SOON OR SHOULD I WAIT .
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2009
Lawyer, may God bless you for this expose.

This is the type of information that makes N/L a nice and an unbiased place to seek information.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by mayrho(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2009
mehn i av passed that route a couple of times and i tot the development was going on smwia inside.
Thanks lawyer
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2009
Much as this is appreciated, I, for one, have never thought of Mowe to be a placed already developed or developing in the next two years. Despite the hype, I have always known that the place would not be readily habitable for now.

But one thing I know for sure is, the area has a bright future. By future, I do not mean 3 or even 5 years but I am very sure in the next ten years people that buy these land will look back and wished tehy had bought more.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by Sholeyb: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
Lawyer, God bless you real good.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by pcicero(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yeepa, abeg make i put my money where my mouth go dey. Ikorodu, Lekki - Epe all the way.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by MrKelly: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
Oh my God! . . . my friends are all paying.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by mowaa: 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
Lawyer, This is very impressive, Please keep them coming
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by DisGuy: 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
thanks very much lawyer, been hearing about these 'Estates' for a long time think atleast there should be completed ones tehre with people living around 2009 the place is still empty!!

jesu seun:

hello lawyer,

God bless for this good work.infact,d fact is not that all d place is bushy,development can take place fast,d fact is the estates having all the necessary Govt docs.I am planning to go to investigate an estate,golden heritage estate,its towards d end of d road.dey said its 390k per plot.when i was at their office,i accused then of not having any pics to show the status of d estate.pls how much is land at sherry view estate and golden mater estates ,it seems they are more serious.

do u have idea of green life estate,close to MFM prayer city.

You heard the lady, she bought over 13 years ago the place is still empty in 2009, chances are plot owners today are looking to re-sell in the future not necessarily build so let say another 13 years will still be seeing greenery

mortgage is the way to go developers should build and sell it on with long mortgage (with govt guarantee)
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by adetunrayo(f): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2009
These is really an eye opener.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by pappilo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
Thanks for this. Unfortunately it is coming a bit too late for me as my madam has already sunk about £3000 into a possibly non existent plot of land in Mowe. The sad thing is that it was her brother who lives in Naija and should know better who convinced her to make the investment. It was originally about £1800 then every other month you hear they now need N50,000 for this, we need N150,000 for that. With all the money invested , she still hasnt set eyes on one piece of documentation for the said plot of land. I cant wait to show her your post when she gets back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by tunde300us(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2009
The problem with land in lagos and environ especially is a big one,my dad once tried to buy and develop some plots of land for his inlaw who stays in the uk and you wont believe that the man almost had heart attack cos he cldnt explain how some of the monies went and worse off u will hardly see any meaningful thing 1m will do sometime cos of extra budgetary spending,and this was giving him sleepless nights that we had to advise that he stops and just take a long break.I know for a fact that it will be very hard explaining to someone in the UK that his plenty pounds can just do a small fence and nothing more.
Please buy a full house if you are not in Nigeria and dont always think u are being cheated cos am a living witness to what d OMO ONILE'S do to ppl
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by Inglewood: 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
I wanted to buy some plots in one of those estates early this year but I decided to visit the place just to convince myself if it was a worthwhile venture.

Thank God I did because I was appalled by what I saw, and these were my main grudges with the area:

- The distance from redemption camp end of Lagos-Ibadan expressway to the ofada axis took about 30mins (this is without traffic)

- The whole area/axis is still a jungle basically

- The area/axis in itself is halfway in-between Lagos and Ogun states, commuting daily to Ikeja would be a herculean task not to talk of V/I !!!

These are things agents would not tell you
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by zugoboss(m): 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
I'm suprised to hear people think that those places are partially or fully developed.This is to show how easy it is to con Nigerians.Any hoax can easily be believed in this country.But personally I still think its a good place to invest your liquid cash that u're not ready to use in the next 5-10yrs cos its definitely gonna keep on appreciating,the story will keep on spreading.Moreover many places in Lagos were unhabitable 10-15yrs ago.So keep on buying but don't get too excited

1 Like

Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by baybbootz(f): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
completely faints

Bloody hell n i was about to make my mum buy a land, thnk heavens for people lyk d lawyer
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by peaceland(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2009
hello Lawyer,
can you give me a full insight into what i need to obtain c of o on a land i bought in the mowe axis. i have only the receipt, survey, agreement and my plan.
thank you
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 08, 2009
oga lawyer - we the people salute you
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by damola1: 2:39am On Aug 08, 2009
D law,
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by segzicres(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2009
omo thank jare, i was about to get one my self.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by rafcrown(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2009
I really like the good work the lawyer is doing.I am also ready to pay for your services on property matters if your charges are the same as what i can get elsewhere.
May God Bless you FOR THE NICE GREAT RESEARCH work you offer to us.
Re: Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About by faoogoke(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2009
Good work sir. I am happy with your findings because I am not intrested in developing any of the plots I brought for now neither I'm I interested in selling even in five years time. I am in it for long time. grin
My heart however goes to those that were hoodwinked to believing they can build and start living there asap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Welcome To My House / 10 Omonilelawyer’s Rules On What You MUST Do Before You Buy A Land Or House / Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.