Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Electricity Workers Suspend Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike (16620 Views)

Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release / Ekiti State Workers Suspend Strike, Sign Agreement With Govt(Pics) / Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by TopsyKrete: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
Really, why didn't I get a memo ? Dia is kuku no difference whether electricity dey or not

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by beycity1: 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
Generalkorex:
Were they on strike b4?

I wonder o.....wen dem no dey on strike nko.....na only salary dem dey collect... mk dem kuku lock up...mmttcheeew

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by CharlieMaria(m): 11:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
Blakjewelry:
I didn't even notice they were on strike sef, there was no difference
One Bottle of Goldberg 4u jare for speaking my mind.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 24, 2016
It's only a company that provides a service that can go on strike. For all I know they've been on strike since 1980 because my generator's providing me electricity.
The most constant electricity supply I've seen all my life was two full days under Obasanjo's administration. Since and before then, never.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Mog1987: 12:06am On Apr 24, 2016
God will help this country ooo,nothing dey work out at all ,naija make I go sleep #everything jagajaga.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by 9airaland(f): 12:07am On Apr 24, 2016
Chai. About time. Heat wan finish person
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Chukzyfcb(m): 12:11am On Apr 24, 2016
No wonder I never see nepa bill for my gate yet. Coz dem suppose don present bill by 15th of april, so na strike hol dem *anticipating a crazy estimated bill as usual*

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 24, 2016
What's TCN
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by abbccc(m): 12:41am On Apr 24, 2016
FUNNY ENOUGH, I DIDN'T NOTICE NOR FEEL THE IMPACT OF THE STRIKE AS WE HAVE NEVER HAD LIGHT BETTER AND THEREFORE NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHEN THEY ARE AT WORK AND ON STRIKE

metronaija:
Following the intervention of the Hon. Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige, the National Union of Electricity Employees has ordered its workers to return to work immediately.

The union had following what it termed militarisation/lockout of TCN offices. This consequent upon some unresolved issues in the 2012 agreement, requiring that “labour issues be concluded before the winding down of the headquarters of the PHCN,” directed its members to withdraw their services.

The Labour Minister therefore since last night engaged the officials of the Federal Ministry of Power and the leaders of the National Union of Electricity Employees to separate meetings, hence, the directive by the Union to all its members to return to work immediately.

The directive signed by the General Secretary of the union, Comrade Joe Ajaero reads; “the Hon. Minister of Labour and Employment has intervened in the trade dispute in the power sector in accordance with the relevant section of the Trade Disputes Act, CAP T8, LFN 2004; and scheduled a conciliation meeting for Tuesday, April 26, 2016.”

“In view of this development, the union hereby directs members in TCN to return to work immediately.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/electricity-workers-suspend-strike.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by 0ubenji(m): 12:42am On Apr 24, 2016
alotofgrace:
Huh?
Because it's getting to the end of the month?
They want to collect salary. They want to bring bill again. They want to cut light again They want us to beg them again

for me and my household April bill is void.. God knows

#nonsense

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by 0ubenji(m): 12:45am On Apr 24, 2016
Icon4s:
so they were on strike?

Since when bc we had light all through last night bt the light went off by 1pm and till now (11hrs later) no light
for u to av a rough estimate of the power outage period in ur area...bros ..no bother talk abeg

strike no reach ur area
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by barryotu(m): 12:54am On Apr 24, 2016
vedaxcool:
Another failure of Jonathan hunts Nigeria why sell our national grid to your cronies but fail to settle all outstanding issues like workers entitlement? was sharing our hard currency so all encompassing that he couldn't alot small time for this?
Let's continue to blame him till 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by blezzymoore: 12:58am On Apr 24, 2016
vedaxcool:
Another failure of Jonathan hunts Nigeria why sell our national grid to your cronies but fail to settle all outstanding issues like workers entitlement? was sharing our hard currency so all encompassing that he couldn't alot small time for this?
Zombie

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by SycophanticGoat: 1:01am On Apr 24, 2016
9airaland:
Chai. About time. Heat wan finish person

LoL! Heat is good for the body... smiley cheesy
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by updatechange(m): 1:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Eku oshi

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by EmekaBlue(m): 1:41am On Apr 24, 2016
strike no strike nolight
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by yemisat: 1:42am On Apr 24, 2016
TheFreeOne:
One week one controversy since this government came to power.

I hope our minister of darkness light too is on the situation cos the darkness has become unbearable.

Where are those rocket scientists sef undecided
**** must you always criticize unnecessarily? Was PMB in power in 2012?
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 24, 2016
On strike my foot!...power situation's been same since 1759! FashOLE got nothing to offer than collect criminal tariffs.
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Mattew690(m): 2:43am On Apr 24, 2016
Fayose is selling decoder TV

Anytin can happen in nigeria
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by FanYogo1(f): 3:08am On Apr 24, 2016
Blakjewelry:
I didn't even notice they were on strike sef, there was no difference

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by 9airaland(f): 3:08am On Apr 24, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

LoL! Heat is good for the body... smiley cheesy

You say?
Oga u wey be,say na from AC to AC u dey. Darris Goduooo!
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 24, 2016
Were they on duty before?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by BetaThings: 3:22am On Apr 24, 2016
Seenyo:
On strike my foot!...power situation's been same since 1759! FashOLE got nothing to offer than collect criminal tariffs.
Fashola/FG is not collecting tariff or issuing bills
The distribution companies sold to Jonathan's friends do

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by charlesucheh(m): 3:57am On Apr 24, 2016
Active Minister!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by lonelydora: 4:16am On Apr 24, 2016
Was there strike? I didn't notice. There was light nah.
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by litaninja(m): 4:41am On Apr 24, 2016
Oh...they even went on strike, now they resumed. I didn't notice. The power supply has not blinked here since the last week of march. Woe betide the phcn or NEPA or whatever they are called now who comes here with a bill this month. Estimated bill o....without power we still pay exorbitant amounts....I wonder what the payment they'll want this month is for ....lol
I'm just here waiting.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by MrBUN86(m): 5:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Na Jonathan cos am. cool
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by ceejay80s(m): 5:54am On Apr 24, 2016
We still don't have light since thursday and u say they have suspended their strike,

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 24, 2016
Sabotage everywhere. Watch-out for NUPENG or PENGASSAN or Independent Marketers. This administration is fighting wars on all fronts; even fighting same people it is fighting for long. Ajaero is bound to fight every good government intention. He fought Barth Nnaji when he started proving steady power
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 24, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Hope this will bring light.

But why do Nigerian workers enjoy strike?

Una no dey tire?
because its the only thing our inept government understands.... Strike... Just that

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 24, 2016
kITATITA:
Sabotage everywhere. Watch-out for NUPENG or PENGASSAN or Independent Marketers. This administration is fighting wars on all fronts; even fighting same people it is fighting for long. Ajaero is bound to fight every good government intention. He fought Barth Nnaji when he started proving steady power
this is why i clamor for independent generation of power by zones or by state so that we can better deal with saboteurs.... I dont have to worry about a man from far away disturbing light in bayelsa... Nigeria is just messed up... Must we all integrate into the national grid and suffer all the time....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Government To Involve FBI In Ex-Governors, Senators' Probe / Japa: We Should All Stay Back, Fight For Nigeria – General Christopher Musa / Peter Obi Visits Nsukka, Campaigns For Hon. Dennis Agbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.