Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? (1381 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce? / No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by babadoo(m): 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
God bless you all, we were told today in church today that tithe is 10% of our gross pay I.e total amount collected before deduction. Hearing this for the first time. I just wanna hear your views concerning this. Thanks.
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by reallest(f): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
What is tithe because we don't know anybody with dat name here
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by babadoo(m): 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Tithe is 10% of your income paid to your local church where you worship. It is a principle instituted by God. It is practiced by Christians.
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by annunaki2(m): 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
babadoo:
God bless you all, we were told today in church today that tithe is 10% of our gross pay I.e total amount collected before deduction. Hearing this for the first time. I just wanna hear your views concerning this. Thanks.

Tithes has nothing to do with your monetary income, for a proper definition of tithe's and God's intended purpose for it, read deut 14:22-29. If you need any clarification after reading it, I will be happy to oblige. smiley
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by Goshen360(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
babadoo:

Your pastor or whoever said that is either ignorant or just confused. In the new testament, tithe wasn't preached to the believers but giving which is voluntary not compulsory like tithes by/according to the law. Hebrews 7 completely canceled tithes. ...read and digest Hebrews 7 and be bold to spread the gospel of liberation. As christian, you have nothing to do with tithing but giving and you are to give according to your grace

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by babadoo(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
annunaki2:

Tithes has nothing to do with your monetary income, for a proper definition of tithe's and God's intended purpose for it, read deut 14:22-29. If you need any clarification after reading it, I will be happy to oblige. smiley

I have read it. Pls explain it for me.
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by babadoo(m): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
Goshen360:

Your pastor or whoever said that is either ignorant or just confused. In the new testament, tithe wasn't preached to the believers but giving which is voluntary not compulsory like tithes by/according to the law. Hebrews 7 completely canceled tithes. ...read and digest Hebrews 7 and be bold to spread the gospel of liberation. As christian, you have nothing to do with tithing but giving and you are to give according to your grace

Please read Mathew 23:23 for better understanding. Tithing is not abolished in the new testament.
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by Goshen360(m): 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
babadoo:

Please read Mathew 23:23 for better understanding. Tithing is not abolished in the new testament.

Matthew 23v23? Really? Who were the statement directed to? You think everything written in the bible is supposed to be practiced by Christians? Btw, Matthew to John are the Gospel, not the new testament. cool
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by annunaki2(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
babadoo:

I have read it. Pls explain it for me.

First of all, I want you to compare and contrast tithing as defined and explained there with your church's definition of tithes. Kindly note that malachi 3:10 which most churches use to justify their tithe doctrine does not define tithes. The definition is found in the deut passage I gave you and leviticus 27:30-33.
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by Joagbaje(m): 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
babadoo:
Tithe is 10% of your income paid to your local church where you worship. It is a principle instituted by God. It is practiced by Christians.

Correct response
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by Joagbaje(m): 4:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
You give tithe based on income or profit.
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by Nelkoko: 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
Joagbaje:

You give tithe based on income or profit.
u see den it was grains.. Cattles.. Spices not money and it shld b after harvest and not monthly salary......now i am like Christ and Christ did not preach titht........ Explain more
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by Joagbaje(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nelkoko:
u see den it was grains.. Cattles.. Spices not money and it shld b after harvest and not monthly salary......now i am like Christ and Christ did not preach titht........ Explain more

People gave money as tithes and offerings too. They gave tithes on gains or income . so either it's harvest or income . For example God doesn't accept certain animals which were termed unclean such as horse,Carmel ,dogs Etc. The man who deals on such converts the tithes and offerings of such to money
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by openmine(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by annunaki2(m): 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
Joagbaje:

People gave money as tithes and offerings too. They gave tithes on gains or income . so either it's harvest or income . For example God doesn't accept certain animals which were termed unclean such as horse,Carmel ,dogs Etc. The man who deals on such converts the tithes and offerings of such to money

Any scriptures to back the glaring lies you posted here?

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by openmine(m): 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
annunaki2:

Any scriptures to back the glaring lies you posted here?
Bros e go hard for am ohh....wait for him to convert his "concoction" into "revelations" and "principles" grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Pay A TITHE Of Your Gross Pay Or Net Pay. Which Is Acceptable? by annunaki2(m): 5:48am On Apr 27, 2016
openmine:

Bros e go hard for am ohh....wait for him to convert his "concoction" into "revelations" and "principles" grin grin grin grin grin grin

gringringrin

(1) (Reply)

Son, Servant Or Friend Of God? - Paul Ellis / Who Can Help To Interprete This Dream? / Which Church Is More Popular In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.