Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

The Real Nigerian Problem Solved - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Nigerian Problem Solved (520 Views)

The Nigerian Problem; Corruption, Poverty Or Education? / The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole / A Us Spy's Analysis On The "Nigerian Problem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Nigerian Problem Solved by lawjjj: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
If the immigration recruitment in 2014 and its attendant tragedy were a bad food with sour taste, the ongoing police recruitment has so far proved to be a wrong recipe that may end up as food poisoning if appropriate caution is not taken immediately and effectively.
In a guarded move, the Nigerian Navy has denied its taste bud of that bitter pill waiting to be flushed down its throat as it has suspended its appetite and deferred the evil day.

The reality of unemployment has been reverberated in recent recruitments by various agencies of the Federal Government. Over 300,000 applicants had indicated interest for 3,000 vacancies in the Navy. The police website crashed in less than 24 hours due to heavy traffic of applicants; and in three weeks, there are already over 700,000 applicants for 10,000 officers that are to be recruited to join the Nigeria Police.

In all these, one thing is loud, echoing across the land and seeking for urgent attention of the discernible: the rate of unemployment has reached a frightening proportion requiring urgent attention.

Although unemployment is a global phenomenon, the Nigerian situation is critical and calls for an urgent attention. Every year our universities continue to churn out graduates (both employable and unemployable) into already saturated labour market.

School leavers and drop-outs throng the streets in search of daily living. In a bid to weather the storm in the ailing economy, companies are forced to retrench and downsize, hence, workers that were once gainfully employed have been thrown back into the labour market in search of jobs that are not available.

The menace of unemployment keeps staring us in the face as a nation. It has become a vigorous threat to our corporate existence, as well as our growth and development as a people, yet we seem to dodge the reality of its consequences.

The greatest assets of any country are its human resources. Sadly, many of our agile, able-bodied young men and women have been enrolled in social vices, having been denied of any meaningful venture to keep body and soul together.
Question for all... How do we get out of this

Should I get tired of evangelising this? Entrepreneurship is the answer, one opens a business becomes engaged and able to engage 3 other persons, now do the math, look at the geometry progression. But I discover a very scary problem in Nigeria, and am still very scared. I was so proud that we Nigerians had human resource but what we have is just high population! Now let me explain, human resource is having people who can initiate solutions to solve problems in other words human assets.
It pained me to discover that what we had is human liabilities.
This is a typical Nigerian youth he follows the latest trends in fashion, music, celebrity gist, he is broke but never broke to by bis and do Facebook chat, tweets and instagram. But he can't remember when last he read books after graduating. Waiting for popsy or uncle for a job connection or follow massive online recruitments, ladies now tag themselves as 'runs girls' in it actual meaning ashawo make sure they are at every occasion birthday, weddings or looking for ushering jobs another avenue to promote their runs loosing sense of purpose.
Hmmmm let me give a real life I was in a friends' cyber café when a young came for police recruitment we got to talking when he discovered I and my friend weren't interested in any of the recruitment exercise he was startled. We told him we are entrepreneurs and not interested in such...to continued
Re: The Real Nigerian Problem Solved by Sunnymatey(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
More relax managing ma business. Self made millionaire.
Re: The Real Nigerian Problem Solved by surestakes: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
There's is not enough online storage to contain a full list of Nigeria's problems

undecided

1 Like

Re: The Real Nigerian Problem Solved by lawjjj: 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
IGERIAN YOUTH ARE MOSTLY LAZY AND UNEMPLOYABLE
2014 during immigration recruitment exercise some people lost their lives because they want an easy government job.
In 3 weeks 700000 applicants for 10000 positions in police force. Not to mention army, navy etc. Nigerian youths always wait for these opportunities no creativity, no initiative all they know is give-me-chop. I told a young man that the federal government is giving loan to help Nigerian enterprenuers and this young man told me he don't know what to do with N5000000. I was shocked! this is the same guy applying for any job from navy to police yet complaining there is no job

To confirm my proof when place a survey online it shows that out of every 400 Nigerian youth only 14 can think their way out of their hardship.

As usual I don't see a problem without a solution

I know threads like this don't make it to FP but it's a girl talking about her boobs it will be in FP and remains there!

In support of small and medium scale businesses the CBN through heritage bank is offering loan facility of 3-10 million naira to serving and graduated corp members check details on www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/cbn-approves-n3m-loan-per-beneficiary-yiedp/ to be fully equipped and qualified you must register for a 3-days Enterprise Development Training (EDT) follow this link to register https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tKWRUXQPVncljuqJZ1o6SFCa93QzpIH7Pa7BTRTcYMs/viewform?usp=send_form . You shall be contacted via your phone number to be given date and venue of the exercise. Share this message with both serving and graduated corp members. Apply now. Good luck.
Moderators take this message to Front Page as it is vital and urgent. Don't force me to break rule 18 and 19. Thank for your support.

(1) (Reply)

Senate President Bukola Saraki Responded To Dele's Open Letter. / 2016 BUDGET: Presidency And National Assembly Finally Reach Agreement / Nigerians On Twitter Blast President Buhari For Describing Abacha's Loot As 'ill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.