Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation - Science/Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation (87617 Views)

NigComSat-1, Nigeria's Satellite In The Orbit: What Is The Situation Now? / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area?? / HEAVY RAIN DOWNPOUR IN LAGOS: What Is The Situation Of Things In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
GODAKPAN:

Uyo, behind shelter afrique

I had that feeling. If you permit me, I'll love to come and see your set up. I stay at SSS road, off 2 Lane.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 15, 2016
samuelson06:

I had that feeling. If you permit me, I'll love to come and see your set up. I stay at SSS road, off 2 Lane.

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by samuelson06(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
GODAKPAN:

08063***428

Thank you.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by melvyano: 8:33am On Aug 19, 2016
Zinox technologies ipowerplus inverters are back with fresh stock . contact:08031813497. From the makers of Zinox computers Nigeria's first internationally certified OEM. Made for Nigeria

1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
The last pic is a wiring confusion grin grin grin
melvyano:
Zinox technologies ipowerplus inverters are back with fresh stock . contact:08031813497. From the makers of Zinox computers Nigeria's first internationally certified OEM. Made for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 11:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Hi Guys,

heard recently of sea water stack battery with almost 10,000cycles. anybody has idea or has used it?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by coolchifx(m): 7:36am On Oct 18, 2016
You can make as much as N40k on your 200Ah used, bad/condemned inverter batteries. call or what app -08125203137 0r 08038105574(T&C apply)

Other Prices (Inverter Batteries)
150Ah - N25,000
100Ah - N18,000

For 2v (ATM) Batteries
1500Ah - N65,000
1000Ah - N40,000
500Ah - N18,000

For Car/ Trailer Batteries:
200 Ah - N28,000
100 Ah - N12000
75Ah - N8000
65Ah - N7500
45Ah - N5000

For Ups Batteries:

17Ah- N1500
12Ah - N1000
9Ah - N700

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by mayanktanwar(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2016
For saving use micro-hybrid Pure sine wave Inverter/UPS. These power products not only provide electricity backup during power cuts but also save your expensive electrical appliances & instruments from the damage caused by fluctuations.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by pointstores(m): 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
200pieces used and brandnew europe,china,india,germany, battery of 18ah,7ah .100ah 150ah 200ah 12volt battery inverter and solar panel @ discount prizes call 08166117634
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by earthrealm(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2016
does the zinox inverter have desulphation/equalization capability for flooded battery?...

melvyano:
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Arnod007: 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
Hello please i bought a mercury tubular battery in January and the power started decreasing to just 3hours so I took it for maintenance and power increased for only 1 week and changed back to 3 hours, please is it that there is nothing I can do to it again?

kiekie1:
Must Power star light inverters
1kva-12v=72k
1.5kva-12v=82k
3kva(2000w)-12v=95,000
3kva(2000w)-24v=118,000
4kva(3000w)-24v=135,000
5kva(4000w)-24/48=155,000
6kva(5000w)-24/48= 175,000
7.5kva(6000w)-24/48=240,000

Mercury tubular batteries 12v 220a batteries @ 75k (still in stock)

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER INDIAN INVERTERS / BATTERIES ... GENUS , LUMINUOS , EPSILON PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,proforma invoices valid for just 1 week, contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
Give us more information about ur system. Inverter type and voltage, number of batteries, hours of NEPA light etc
Arnod007:
Hello please i bought a mercury tubular battery in January and the power started decreasing to just 3hours so I took it for maintenance and power increased for only 1 week and changed back to 3 hours, please is it that there is nothing I can do to it again?

1 Like

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Arnod007: 2:25am On Oct 24, 2016
Using mercury inverter 2400w and 2 Nos 200amp mercury tubular batteries, hours of NEPA light is up to 12 hours max and 5 hours minimum

Thanks

DMerciful:
Give us more information about ur system. Inverter type and voltage, number of batteries, hours of NEPA light etc
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
No wonder! Mercury inverter 2400VA charging system is a disaster! do not use this inverter unless you're using solar system. The charging system of this inverter does not charge the batteries properly and will ruin your batteries in the shortest possible time. Get another inverter or a seperate smart charger
Arnod007:
Using mercury inverter 2400w and 2 Nos 200amp mercury tubular batteries, hours of NEPA light is up to 12 hours max and 5 hours minimum

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by adanny01(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
DMerciful:
No wonder! Mercury inverter 2400VA charging system is a disaster! do not use this inverter unless you're using solar system. The charging system of this inverter does not charge the batteries properly and will ruin your batteries in the shortest possible time. Get another inverter or a seperate smart charger

But am using a Mercury 1200VA with no charging problems for over a year.

Just yesterday, grid light went off around 4pm, the inverter went off 6.30am. We slept with 2 ceiling and 1 standing fan. TV and lights were turned off around 12Midnight. The single Deka 200ah Battery was bought used.

What specifically do you think is the charging issue?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
I was clear when I specify the model...2400VA. It may not be in all the model n that explain y urs is OK. The issue is that it cuts of charging before d battery reaches full charge thereby progressively deteriorating d battery.
adanny01:

But am using a Mercury 1200VA with no charging problems for over a year.

Just yesterday, grid light went off around 4pm, the inverter went off 6.30am. We slept with 2 ceiling and 1 standing fan. TV and lights were turned off around 12Midnight. The single Deka 200ah Battery was bought used.

What specifically do you think is the charging issue?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by earthrealm(m): 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
Op clearly said he is using the mecury flooded battery, i dont think mecury inverter has the algorithm to charge flooded batteries, it doesnt hv a battery selector...just like the old lumimous, old model cyber power and all the other old inverters, you need to buy an inverter that has a battery selector switch, and then select flooded battery.

all those inverters i listed are not designed to properly charge flooded batts, thus the batts will fail prematurely/
i dont think the damage is irreversible at this stage, get a good inverter and equlize the batteries for 12 to 24 hrs...they shud bounce back again.
get a hygrometer and check the specific gravity of the electrolyte, flooded battery isnt for everybody, they require basic knowledge of physics n cghemistry and the willingness to get your hands dirty once in a while

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
Has nothing to do with the battery type. That particular inverter has poor charging system. I have used it before selling it due to this charging problem, I know about 3 persons with similar problem. You can google complaints regarding mercury 2400va low backup time/charging problems
earthrealm:
Op clearly said he is using the mecury flooded battery, i dont think mecury inverter has the algorithm to charge flooded batteries, it doesnt hv a battery selector...just like the old lumimous, old model cyber power and all the other old inverters, you need to buy an inverter that has a battery selector switch, and then select flooded battery.

all those inverters i listed are not designed to properly charge flooded batts, thus the batts will fail prematurely/
i dont think the damage is irreversible at this stage, get a good inverter and equlize the batteries for 12 to 24 hrs...they shud bounce back again.
get a hygrometer and check the specific gravity of the electrolyte, flooded battery isnt for everybody, they require basic knowledge of physics n cghemistry and the willingness to get your hands dirty once in a while
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Arnod007: 3:32am On Oct 25, 2016
Please like how much can I get a smart charger, and how many Ah will I need to get the 2400va battery charged which is 2 Nos 220amp of 12v. Also will the charger revive it or I need to take it for maintenance first? So grateful for your response so far. Thanks

DMerciful:
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Arnod007: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello so which type of charger do you suggest I should buy that will charge the battery properly. Mean like how many AH charger?

Thanks

earthrealm:

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by earthrealm(m): 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
Arnod007:
Hello so which type of charger do you suggest I should buy that will charge the battery properly. Mean like how many AH charger?

Thanks

Am not so sure u wud see such a charger
U need a smart chargwr that can output and charge a batt at 15.5v
To equalize and drop to 13.8v or so for float
...ur best option is sell ut old inverter n buy a new inverter designed for flooded batts..like must power inverter.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
Smart charger are quite expensive sometimes may be more expensive than some average cost inverter. My recommendation is to get an Indian brand inverter like sulkam or mopower and also get a dissulphator.
Arnod007:
Please like how much can I get a smart charger, and how many Ah will I need to get the 2400va battery charged which is 2 Nos 220amp of 12v. Also will the charger revive it or I need to take it for maintenance first? So grateful for your response so far. Thanks

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Arnod007: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
I saw a battery charger of 40ah at konga.com for 30k so don't know if that's enough to charge the battery or if 30ah will be cool as well, Ibec pacific Company will that also Okay?

DMerciful:
Smart charger are quite expensive sometimes may be more expensive than some average cost inverter. My recommendation is to get an Indian brand inverter like sulkam or mopower and also get a dissulphator.
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
Send me d link so I can check it out
Arnod007:
I saw a battery charger of 40ah at konga.com for 30k so don't know if that's enough to charge the battery or if 30ah will be cool as well, Ibec pacific Company will that also Okay?

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Arnod007: 3:02am On Oct 27, 2016
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2016
this charger seems ok based on the description of what it can do. i have not tried it but you can give it a try but monitor for the first few days to ensure the battery is not overcharged. you can know this by checking the battery temperature which should not be more than 27 degrees or by checking the voltage, should not be more than 14.4V
http:///40amps-car-and-inverter-battery-charger-2733107
Arnod007:
http:///40amps-car-and-inverter-battery-charger-2733107

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by coolchifx(m): 11:10am On Oct 31, 2016
Kindly note that your batteries are maintenance free. ie. there are no serviceable parts on your battery,and note that any work you do on your battery is just temporal.
Arnod007:

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by Arnod007: 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Really thanks to you all for your contributions, have managed to get a charger of 24v/60A from Mr Frank on Nairaland and have started using it which has improved the battery from just 45min to now 3 hours and I hope the backup time will keep increasing as I continue using it to charge it. It's now obvious that it's the mercury 2.4kva charger that spoilt the battery. Thanks once again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DUNKA(m): 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Arnod007:
Really thanks to you all for your contributions, have managed to get a charger of 24v/60A from Mr Frank on Nairaland and have started using it which has improved the battery from just 45min to now 3 hours and I hope the backup time will keep increasing as I continue using it to charge it. It's now obvious that it's the mercury 2.4kva charger that spoilt the battery. Thanks once again
What are your settings and time for Bulk charging, absorb and equalization of your batteries?
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by pointstores(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
5amp,10amp,20amp,30amp external charger available in 12/24volt 3 in 1 suder inverter with 20amp solar charge controller 30,000 used europe germany battery available in 5ah 7ah 18ah 40ah 100ah 150ah 200ah 3,000cycle brand new battery in stock
Re: How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation by DMerciful(m): 12:02am On Nov 03, 2016
Can you give details of the battery that has 3000 cycles?
pointstores:
5amp,10amp,20amp,30amp external charger available in 12/24volt 3 in 1 suder inverter with 20amp solar charge controller 30,000 used europe germany battery available in 5ah 7ah 18ah 40ah 100ah 150ah 200ah 3,000cycle brand new battery in stock

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Extreme Military Technology: Reason We Must Avoid World War III / This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.