Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) (42920 Views)

Say NO To Casual Sex!!! WARNING VERY Graphic pix!!! / NMA Releases Identity Of 6 Ekiti Doctors / How 6 Ekiti Doctors Died, Survivor Recounts - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
R. I. P
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by God2man(m): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is terrible.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by repogirl(f): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
kenonze:

Indirectly yes.
1 : if they were paid, they would have been able to afford flight ticket.
2 : if the Association is buoyant, they would have bought a better luxury bus not this trash for doctors.
3 if "Sinators" and the past administration were sensible, Lagos - Kano rail line should have been functional
the way you people apportion blame to people is soooo awesome. Seriously, I am in awe of it.

1. Even if they were paid, what's the guarantee they would have gone by flight?

2. Even if they had a better bus, what's the guarantee that the trip would have been safe? Most times, accidents are caused by external factors, like bad road or even by the fault of the driver especially if he is speeding or not familiar with the road.

3. Now as for the Lagos - Kano rail line, when was the project commissioned that it should have been completed by now?

You people say Change takes time, well so does building a rail line, especially in a country like ours that has a million and one projects to work on. Since this administration is sensible (even though snail paced), let's see how they will expedite it so that it will be completed before we know it.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
sarzy:

What he typed was absolutely correct, man. And it's no shame to the medical practice anywhere in the world!

Of course you'll think so too. Are you not in the same backwards Nigeria?

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/seatbelts/facts.html

"Adult seat belt use is the most effective way to save lives and reduce injuries in crashes."

Even a Ngerian sitting minister was flung out of his vehicle recently from not wearing seatbelt.

Hopefully you'll ace that TOEFL, get out into the real world and become better educated.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by geekybabe(f): 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2016
pathetic.
to believe they were dads colleague in d same state.
God rest their souls..
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Then if you're a medical doctor it's a damn shame.

But this is part of the Nigerian backward experience when educated folks are uninformed.
Go and research on the forensic investigations of head on collisions, then you just might have an idea of what I'm referring to. You wouldn't understand if you are not in the forensics. Why do you think air bags were invented? Even that has it's hazards. And that's why I said "some" RTAs and not all
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Of course you'll think so too. Are you not in the same backwards Nigeria?

http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/seatbelts/facts.html

"Adult seat belt use is the most effective way to save lives and reduce injuries in crashes."

Even a Ngerian sitting minister was flung out of his vehicle recently from not wearing seatbelt.

Hopefully you'll ace that TOEFL, get out into the real world and become better educated.

What he typed was correct as it does not even dispute the info in the link you provided. I'm sorry I cannot type much to educate you on this.
What you are saying is like saying alcohol causes kidney problems.
Accidents happen in different forms, so there are types in which seatbelts reduce or prevent casualties, while there are types in which seatbelts can do a little or cannot do anything at all. It all depends. May God never let us become victims of accidents.
If at all these doctors didn't use their seatbelts, you think the driver also didn't? Or you think the driver of the minister's jeep also didn't use his seatbelt.
Are you now saying seatbelts prevent casualties in all accidents?
I hope you've been able to get a borehole contractor, or should I help you get one? You need good water.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:

Go and research on the forensic investigations of head on collisions, then you just might have an idea of what I'm referring to. You wouldn't understand if you are not in the forensics. Why do you think air bags were invented? Even that has it's hazards. And that's why I said "some" RTAs and not all

This is s simple single rollover accident and I can see evidence of ejection. Even the safety cage of the bus remains intact.

Please don't try to coach me on safety features of automobiles. Air bags are secondary protection devices and seat belts remain the primary. If you're not located properly by the seatbelt then the airbags will be ineffective.

As an educated physician, you should be clamoring for seat belt use and not making anti progressive comments like this.

All motor vehicles in Nigeria should have a working seatbelt and its use to be enforced.

No one goes out with a choice of which accident to have.

You need to educate yourself some more. I recommend that you liason with foreign doctors. I can assist you in linking up with trauma doctors.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:

Exactly! He seems not to understand. How about accident cases in which containers fall on a car and shatters it to the ground. What can the use of a seatbelt do there? How does he even know the driver of these doctors didn't use a seatbelt?
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GboyegaD(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
nairaman66:
Sad news to the Medical Profession!! Until a sitting Gov dies on this same road, nothing will be done.. I pray it does happen..

Is the road bad or it is excessive speeding on our part as road users? I think there is a need to make legislations on speed limit and FRSC and other necessary regulators should help orientate us on the need to ensure our vehicles are in good conditions before putting them in the road.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is s simple single rollover accident and I can see evidence of ejection. Even the safety cage of the bus remains intact.

Please don't try to coach me on safety features of automobiles. Air bags are secondary protection devices and seat belts remain the primary. If you're not located properly by the seatbelt then the airbags will be ineffective.

As an educated physician, you should be clamoring for seat belt use and not making anti progressive comments like this.

All motor vehicles in Nigeria should have a working seatbelt and its use to be enforced.

No one goes out with a choice of which accident to have.

You need to educate yourself some more. I recommend that you liason with foreign doctors. I can assist you in linking up with trauma doctors.
Dude just shut up already! If you took your time to read my posts, then you would realise my remarks were no absolute. Did I mention that people shouldn't use Seatbelts? I said using a seatbelt doesn't guarantee you of escaping an accidented vehicle without fatal injuries esp with head-on collisions.
I was trained by a foremost forensic pathologist and I've partaken in 40+ autopsies before the pause. So yeah, I know what I'm talking about
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
Update

NIGERIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

PRESS RELEASE:
PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL OFFICERS’ COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE NIGERIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION HELD ON MONDAY 25TH APRIL, 2016 AT THE PRESIDENT’S SUITE, GIGINYA CORAL HOTEL, SOKOTO.
At the emergency meeting of the National Officers’ Committee (NOC) meeting held at 7.00am on Monday 25th April, 2016 at Giginya Coral Hotel Sokoto, we wish to give the following updates:
As a follow-up to the earlier statement issued by NOC yesterday, it is now confirmed that the Ekiti State delegates for the Annual General Conference/Annual Delegates Meeting (AGC/ADM) currently holding in Sokoto, were involved in a fatal motor accident along Abuja-Kaduna Expressway. Six of our members and the driver have been confirmed dead and these are their names:
Dr. Alex Akinyele – Secretary NMA Ekiti, Federal Teaching Hospital (FTH), Ido Ekiti
Dr. Tunde Aladesanmi – General Surgeon, FTH, Ido Ekiti
Dr. O.J. Taiwo – Anatomic Pathologist, Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH), Ado-Ekiti
Dr. Ogunseye J.B – National Association of General and Government Medical and Dental Practitioners (NAGGMDP) National Secretary, Hospital Management Board (HMB), Ekiti
Dr. Olajide .O – Association of Resident Doctors (ARD), EKSUTH President
Dr. Atolani Adeniyi – Secretary NAGGMDP, Ekiti State
Mr. Ajibola – NMA Ekiti Driver
Other members of the delegates who survived the accident are in stable condition and are receiving medical attention under the auspices of the Chairman of the Kaduna State NMA and his team.
The bereaved families have been contacted and arrangements are in motion to convey the bodies back to Ekiti State.
NOC has sent its representatives to Kaduna for on the spot assessment and compliment the effort of the Kaduna team.
While the conference continues, the NOC hereby directs that all doctors should observe one week of mourning from Tuesday 26th to Tuesday 3rd of May, 2016. Every doctor should put on Black  band on the left arm over white overall.
NMA is in contact with the bereaved families and burial arrangements will be communicated in due course.
May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace. We pray that the Almighty God gives the bereaved and all our Hippocratic families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

Signed:

Dr. Kayode OBEMBE                       Dr. Adewunmi ALAYAKI
PRESIDENT                                      SECRETARY GENERAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Mackson01: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
Very tragic
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by GogetterMD(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
The Head of clinical services of Federal Neuropsychiatry hospital Barnawa in Kaduna who just returned from the hospital where the injured are being treated gave a moving account, relayed below : Dear ALL, I just left St Gerard Hospital. All the six are stable. It's surprisingly that in a bus where 7 people including d driver died, some just sustained bruises. Such is life. Very painful was one of them who was reported to be asking if others were okay but later died about 2km to Kaduna. He bled from possibly a torn femoral or rectal artery. Unfortunately the state hospital Doka General Hospital where the accident occurred had no facilities no doctor on duty to resuscitate him. He still survived about 60km drive before he gave up shouting 'I'm dying I need blood, pls resuscitate me'. Even the survivors were saying their only regret was that the guy died and they couldn't revive him.
As against our initial plan to transport them back to Ekiti on Wednesday, they are likely to go tomorrow. They are very stable. We were able to get Yoruba local dishes for them as requested. Secondly their families kept calling and we don't want them to start making long journeys to Kaduna from Ekiti. Thirdly the Ekiti State government has sent ambulance to convey the corpses which will return back to Ekiti tomorrow morning. We will transport the survivors with FNPH bus to go with the ambulance at the same time. May God Almighty repose the soul of Dr Aladesanmi and the rest and give their families the courage to bear this terrible loss.
The LOC in consultation with the NOC of NMA resolved to, as a mark of respect to our departed colleagues cancelled the sight seeing visits and the cocktail shall be low keyed.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:

Dude just shut up already! If you took your time to read my posts, then you would realise my remarks were no absolute. Did I mention that people shouldn't use Seatbelts? I said using a seatbelt doesn't guarantee you of escaping an accidented vehicle without fatal injuries esp with head-on collisions.
I was trained by a foremost forensic pathologist and I've partaken in 40+ autopsies before the pause. So yeah, I know what I'm talking about

grin you blew your top so easily.

Apparently you were trained by an equally close minded backwards physician.

Trauma surged is who you want to talk to, not mundane autopsies.

But thanks for the silence suggestion. I'll pass though cheesy
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by muyibithocfrn(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
Rest in peace Lexy
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by hyuga(m): 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
sperony:
Dr Olayiwola Olajide
One of the realest bros i have ever met in my life. lord strengthen his lil angel and family
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by cheeketo(f): 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
sperony:
Dr Olayiwola Olajide
My mum called me this morning, to tell me she had a bad morning, i asked her what happened, she said Layi omo iya ajeri died, just as i heard the news on press report that 6 doctors dies in an auto crash, never knew someone close was involved. i still find it difficult to believe that such gentle, brilliant, zealous person is gone, words fail me, can't imagine what state your mum will be now, when even we your (area aburo), junior in school and christian family feel this sad. we don't know why Jehovah allowed this to happen, but I hope to see you again, when all is made new.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by segalex: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
It's such a tragic thing! I'm still short of words.
It's been very difficult to admit these wonderful teachers, and colleagues are gone, that I won't see them again is something I'm yet to come to terms with.
I pray that God will console the immediate family members and the entire medical community in ekiti
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
R.I.P so saddening.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
May their souls rest in perfect peace. My condolences to their family and friends. May God grant them the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by lovethadams: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
this world is rubbish . RIp
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by ohzee(f): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
Rest in peace. God console your families. What is this life?
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by lebienconnu: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
"when chameleon died he died an honorable death"__Overawen N'ogbaisi

With a heavy heart I commiserate with the families of the departed warriors. With tears flowing down my cheeks I honor my departed senior colleagues who have just sacrificed their lives that others may live.

Be it known that there is no other way more glorious and honorable to exit.

I do not pity you. Rather, I celebrate you. Death is a debt that must paid. My heroes, you just paid yours in a gallant way.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by STENON(f): 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
GogetterMD:
embarassed cry cry

With Heavy Hearts.. the Passing away of

Dr Aladesanmi
Dr Oj Taiwo
Dr Akinyele Lexy
Dr Ogunseye
DR Olajide
Dr Adeniyi James
Mr Ajibola.. Driver.

Update

The Head of clinical services of Federal Neuropsychiatry hospital Barnawa in Kaduna who just returned from the hospital where the injured are being treated gave a moving account, relayed below : Dear ALL, I just left St Gerard Hospital. All the six are stable. It's surprisingly that in a bus where 7 people including d driver died, some just sustained bruises. Such is life. Very painful was one of them who was reported to be asking if others were okay but later died about 2km to Kaduna. He bled from possibly a torn femoral or rectal artery. Unfortunately the state hospital Doka General Hospital where the accident occurred had no facilities no doctor on duty to resuscitate him. He still survived about 60km drive before he gave up shouting 'I'm dying I need blood, pls resuscitate me'. Even the survivors were saying their only regret was that the guy died and they couldn't revive him.
As against our initial plan to transport them back to Ekiti on Wednesday, they are likely to go tomorrow. They are very stable. We were able to get Yoruba local dishes for them as requested. Secondly their families kept calling and we don't want them to start making long journeys to Kaduna from Ekiti. Thirdly the Ekiti State government has sent ambulance to convey the corpses which will return back to Ekiti tomorrow morning. We will transport the survivors with FNPH bus to go with the ambulance at the same time. May God Almighty repose the soul of Dr Aladesanmi and the rest and give their families the courage to bear this terrible loss.
The LOC in consultation with the NOC of NMA resolved to, as a mark of respect to our departed colleagues cancelled the sight seeing visits and the cocktail shall be low keyed.
Goshhh!!! No facilities?? No Doctor on Duty ??

Jesus wept for Nigeria.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by habsydiamond(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Abalado(f): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
Why not? The dude still owes them 4 months salary meanwhile he went on a wild goose chase to China with tax payers money
you are big fool
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by DrLuv: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
lexy..lexi...I go miss u die..we go miss u.we go miss all of u..it will take a lot of divine grace to cope with the loss.
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by macaranta(m): 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
Rip guys
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by Beverlies(f): 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
I know this Dr Olajide as a youth corp member in Ikare Ondo State 2012/13. I hope I'm not mistaken. He was such a cool headed person. RIP all
Re: 6 Ekiti Doctors Die In Accident (graphic pix) by juman(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2016
Very unfortunate news.

Terrible news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Methylated Spirit Grow Your Beard? / Benefits Of Garden Egg Leaf / Sick Lady In Rivers State Almost Died On The Road Over Lockdown (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.