Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police (30353 Views)

Nwodibo Ekechukwu Sacked As Enugu Police Commissioner / Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State / Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Btruth: 6:45am On Apr 26, 2016
If Buhari fail to address this situation now, it definitely show that he is in support of what is happening. And I call on all the APC chieftain to raise up and do something now, before this Fulani problem escalated into a full blown out war. Fulani needs to be controlled.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by 4C2215131: 6:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Mog1987:
Enugu u disappointed me on this ,honestly am proud to come from ebonyi state. Even d Fulani herdsmen knows they can't try this in ebonyi, because ebonyians are warriors and can die defending their father lands.

Exactly what Enugu folks said when Benue was ransacked.

9 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by redroom: 6:53am On Apr 26, 2016
Fugazi:

hahahaha!!! May my enemies swallow their words as Ibos are trying to do on this thread. grin grin grin grin

Laughing at the killings of fellow human beings, is fulani Herdsmen dat will kill u, Mark this, slowpoke
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by HITTED(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2016
I don't think they're Fulani herdsmen. Why are they allowed to carry assault rifles and grenades as if they're in a real war. Shiit!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Paretomaster(m): 7:07am On Apr 26, 2016
I think by now ppl outside d North can feel wat d Northerners are feeling..

the Fulani herdsmen have been in constant quarrel with their Northern host, most of them are not even Nigerians, they come from neighbouring countries, those are d troublesome ones, u hardly see other Fulani with homes ho about attacking ppl, but dis waka..about ones they are hard to fight...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by BudeYahooCom: 7:10am On Apr 26, 2016
superstar1:

Karma is crazy.

It is so sad for this menace to come into the heartland of Ibo land, despite all their name calling of Agatus and pathetic fun making of them.

All the same, Fulani herdsmen are blood sucking demons will must all (Yorubas, Igbos, Ijaws, Itshekiris, hausas, Nupes, Kanuris etc) unite to either annihilate or deport back to Fouta Jalon.

Must the East unite with you to fight fulanis? Why don't you yorubas fight the fulanis at your own end, while the East fight them at the Eastern front? Why this desperation for unity at this time with East. Didn't the East warn you?

You have an Emirate on your land, the fulani menace is more pronounced in your yorubaland than anywhere. Stop seeking unity for your self inflicted wound and face fulanis at your end, you don't need the East to fight it for you. Stop shouting unity up and down and face them there.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by greatiyk4u(m): 7:12am On Apr 26, 2016
Nature129:

Stop wailing and ranting online, and do something. I've always known Enugu people to be weaklings. Anyways, I trust Aba and Onitsha guys, Fulani herdsmen can't bring their madness to those towns.

I am there already
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by codemaniacs: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

Must the East unite with you to fight fulanis? Why don't you yorubas fight the fulanis at your own end, while the East fight them at the Eastern front? Why this desperation for unity at this time with East. Didn't the East warn you?

You have an Emirate on your land, the fulani menace is more pronounced in your yorubaland than anywhere. Stop seeking unity for your self inflicted wound and face fulanis at your end, you don't need the East to fight it for you. Stop shouting unity up and down and face them there.

its more pronounced in the east and middlebelt...... the internet and media wasn't available to be reporting the news..

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by mightyhazell: 7:26am On Apr 26, 2016
rawtruth:
Tiv, the only people who withstood the fulani might for centuries and prevented their expansion southward were effectively neutralised during the 2001/2002 crises through a clever plot by the fulanis who used foreign mercenaries, some smaller ethnic groups and the military to commit one of the most unreported genocide and wanton destruction of properties against a people in recent history. Many Nigerians were either referring to Tiv as stubborn and cheering the killers on or watching passively on the sidelines. Only a tiny minority saw through the plot and spoke against it.

Fulanis and their mercenaries had started the operation against Tiv from Kundum in Plateau state in early March 2001 and swept down into Nasarawa state where Alago people joined them (Alagos are among the victims of the fulani herdsmen attack today). While Tivs of Nasarawa were massively being killed and dispossessed of their personal belongings, the Nigerian Police watched helplessly; neither did the few soldiers deployed to the state help. Fulanis, buoyed by their success in Nasarawa state, opened another war front against Tiv of Taraba by murdering the wife of a prominent Tiv politician there on her farm, followed immediately with the killing of seven members of an NKST Church during a preparatory service for holy communion. Tiv reacted against Fulanis and Jukuns militias were contracted by Fulanis to assist them wipe out Tiv of the entire Taraba state (Jukuns are also now victims of the current Fulani attacks). For weeks, the killings and burning of Tiv and their homes, schools, private hospitals and Churches continued unchallenged. When Tiv youths eventually assembled and started countering the killers with superior firepower, a group of armed people in military camouflage, wearing slippers and canvas and driving in white Hilux vehicles came on to the scene and claimed they were soldiers deployed to end the crisis. Tiv villagers welcome them with the hope that their presence would end the attacks. However, it soon became clear that the said soldiers were part of the problem as their arrival in any village was actually a prelude to attack from Fulani/Jukun militias. When they eventually visited a Tiv town called Abako and a massive attack occurred a few minutes after their departure, words went round that the men in white Hilux vehicle were not true soldiers but mercenaries in disguise. Tiv youths then surrounded and captured them as they made their way again into Benue from their Base in Taraba. Their killing resulted to the mayhem visited on Zaki Biam and environs by the Military under then President Obasanjo. The rest is now history. But that history worked in favour of Fulanis as Tiv and Jukuns remained at loggerheads with each other while fulani herdsmen occupied the homes of the murdered and displaced Tiv villages in both central and southern Taraba. On the other hand, Tiv youths became targets of military personnel deployed to crises areas in Taraba, Nasarawa and Benue states. Continued harassment of the youths in the villages by the military completely weakened and exposed the entire areas to Fulani militias who started penetrating deep into areas they could never have dreamed to enter. There are cases filed at the Federal High Court in Makurdi against soldiers who shot and killed three unarmed youths among the people who were protesting against the Fulani invasion, and for an incident in which soldiers asked some Tiv youths to accompany them to recover the bodies of two Tiv men killed by fulanis near a fishing pond but abandoned them to their fate when armed Fulanis emerged suddenly and opened fire on them. Five of the youths were killed in the presence of the soldiers led by one Sgt Mohammed Auta who did not fire a single shot to defend them. The cases are still in court. The interesting thing is that the commanding officers from the 72 barracks in Makurdi where those soldiers were usually deployed was a Fulani man! These are some of the truths most Nigerians never knew, and still don't know.

Having successfully neutralised the centre, the south and west of the country should expect more from the Fulanis.

Meanwhile, their top officials in govt are busy trying to turn clear acts of terrorism by fulani herdsmen into "communal crises" through "town hall meetings". We haven't seen anything yet!
rawtruth indeed!

Av always known that dese co ordinated and sustained attacks on communities is part of a grand plot. Just look how brazen these herdsmen become by the day.the day I knew these guys aint ordinary herdsmen was when they kidnapped a whole falae and succeeded in collecting ransom days after without any security outfit bustin up on them!

Thanks again for this enlightening write up. Mr rawtruth! Am sharing this right away!

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by royalpriest12(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2016
The handwriting is on the wall, Boko Haram members have been legally armed with AK47s and given Cows to use as a pretext in infiltrating the South. The conquest is on and the Yorubas and Igbos are busy insulting and abusing each other. The deafening silence on Buhari's part is a clear indication that a go ahead order to Conquer the South has been given. Even the DSS as the arrow head in this conquest has deliberately cowed the IPOB and the OPC by its readiness to accuse and label them as terrorist. Upon all these heinous acts by the Fulani herdsmen, Buhari has chosen to remain mute. No Fulani man has ever been held accountable for these massacres. Fulanis are ANIMALS because they will attack sleeping town in the middle on the night leaving them with no chance of recovering to defend themselves. The first wrong thing we must admit is to label these lunatics as Fulani Herdsmen. Do the Fulani Herdsmen leave their cows unguarded to attack others? The problem is that since Nigerian Military scattered Boko Haram, they have metamorphosed into these "herdsmen", mostly using kidnapping as their new strategy. There are no Herdsmen. They are Boko Haram in our corridors. Nigeria is failing in as much as the aim is to dislodge Boko Haram for North East, but turning blind eye to what Boko Haram is transforming into. It is time to call a spade a spade. Communities must rise up against these. Time to stop running. think the rift between the southerners most especially the two big tribes, Yorubas and Igbo have giving these evil murderous Fulani opportunity to continue to unleash mayhem on the whole of southern Nigeria. I say enough of this nonsense. It is now time for Igbo and Yoruba to work together for once to get rid of these menace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by EmeritusMbaM: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2016
[s]
Realman87:

My dear, there are two groups of yorubas-- the dirty, tribalistic and hateful majority (80%) and the neat, refined and brotherly minority (20%). I have profound respect for the latter group and I can distinguish between the two groups. I was born in the west, schooled in the west and I still live in the west. But you must be told the truth. Your people have permanently DESTROYED Southern unity and the result stares us in the face. The fulani's have become more daring because of your greed. People are slaughtered daily because your people voted out of selfishness.
[/s]

Ranting of a pained kid. Face the fulani and leave yoruba alone, they have never attack your people physically before, facs those killing you instead of attacking the wrong people. Dont you have shame?

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by demio007: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2016
BOKO HARAM not herdsmen!!! let carry arms and fight back, thats all
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by mightyhazell: 7:39am On Apr 26, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

don't mind d cowards. Igbos are holding their front like real men while all they do online is jump up and down trying 2 discredit us. Just look how one shameless oldman superstar1 was jumping all over the the place like a baboon yestde,just because fulanis attacked a community in the southeast and were getting properly served before security found their voice.
Wot baffles me abt dese ppl is the way they will now carry it upon themselves when igbos defend their homeland and start calling us the aggressors and we shd stop attacking 'innocent fulani',like they did when aba boys were fending off (and planting d marauders in shallow graves) some few weeks back.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by cooljude(m): 7:48am On Apr 26, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Is that your wish?

5 dead bodies are in the morgue of Bishop Shanahan Hospital Nsukka, I am an eye witness, they are on a revenge mission but believe me this will mark the end of Fulani herdsmen in that community and its neighboring villages

Okpuje community, udi and many others secretly flushed them out in the past, uzo_Uwani people will not disappoint.

I blame the state Governor who has refused to empower and arm boys with guns and trucks in the guise of vigilante group to check mate this evil Fulani's perpetrate against our people

Some time I feel like suspecting if the hands of our leaders in the East is in this activities of Fulani herdsmen just to score cheap political sympathy and discredit the Government at the centre, but on the other hand as someone who grew up among fulanis, I remember they behave like animals.......this kind of killings is not new
That is my maternal village and from reliable source, the figure is nothing less than 35. forget wishful thinking, stupid country. Honestly, everybody should have the right to carry firearms. how security agents are useless and stupid. always coming to pack bodies rather than preventing it. imagine telling the youths to allow them (fools) do their work. I blame my people sha.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by greatiyk4u(m): 8:02am On Apr 26, 2016
cooljude:
That is my maternal village and from reliable source, the figure is nothing less than 35. forget wishful thinking, stupid country. Honestly, everybody should have the right to carry firearms. how security agents are useless and stupid. always coming to pack bodies rather than preventing it. imagine telling the youths to allow them (fools) do their work. I blame my people sha.

I am replying you right now from Bishop shanahan where the dead bodies were deposited.......the incidence is over hyped, do you even know that if not for the quick intervention of police and army, the youths of the village were on the rampage to go after the herdsmen.......you know they took them unawares
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by cooljude(m): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2016
Kei144:
Uzo Uwani didn't participate much in the Biafran war. By the time the Fulanis begin to attack Igbos that participated prominently in the Biafran war, you will see something else.
see rubbish talk, do you know in front of my village a junction is called camp, it was used as the training camp of Biafrans. do you know the amount of food the villagers gave to the soldiers as support. The war in Nsukka didn't last because it was a border state, so making this stupid assumption is sickening. if you want the breakdown of how long Uzo uwani as being taming this Fulani for a while you would be surprised. I think their is a renewed resurgence from this group and they've got powerful backer's seeking revenge for years of misunderstanding.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by noeloge82(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Pls were u there to get d correct no this issue of Herdsmen invading a community looks like a well calculated attack sponsored by someone because some questions is how do they moblize themselves to launch an attack without been arrested or even stopped imagine in this case there was a security report and the police , army , civil defense where positioned to stop d attack yet the attack took place
Hmmmm
Someone is calling this shots

angels09:
False they killed 33
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Abagworo(m): 8:14am On Apr 26, 2016
cooljude:
see rubbish talk, do you know in front of my village a junction is called camp, it was used as the training camp of Biafrans. do you know the amount of food the villagers gave to the soldiers as support. The war in Nsukka didn't last because it was a border state, so making this stupid assumption is sickening. if you want the breakdown of how long Uzo uwani as being taming this Fulani for a while you would be surprised. I think their is a renewed resurgence from this group and they've got powerful backer's seeking revenge for years of misunderstanding.

People are only trying to blow things out of proportion. This crisis is more than 60 years old.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Kei144(m): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2016
Training of Biafran soldiers in your town doesn't mean that many of your people were Biafran soldiers. While living in Nsukka, I heard how some Nsukka people talked about the experience of Igbos in the Biafran war. They used to think that they were far from Igbos and somehow related to the Northerners.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by osystein(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2016
Where's the news on the killings in retaliation?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by cooljude(m): 8:38am On Apr 26, 2016
[quote author=greatiyk4u post=45048470]

I am replying you right now from Bishop shanahan where the dead bodies were deposited....... You expect all the dead to be deposited at that Morgue. Seriously, i don't want to argue again. Do you know how many people are unaccounted for presently.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by DeeMain(m): 8:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Fugazi:

Noise. Hey, Karma is just visiting y'all for making fun of innocent Agatu victims.

You know this your logic about Karma can also be extended. Extended to the very beginning. The many killings of Igbos in religious and political riots in the North before '66, the pogrom of '66, the 3 million innocents starved to death, the mass murder of Igbos in religious and political riots from the 80's till as recent as the 2011 elections, the destruction of properties and ruining of lives...

Is Boko Haram and the mass killings by Fulanis up North Karma for the North and the Middle Beltans that supported and celebrated Igbo genocide? Is Karma now visiting y'all for making fun of those innocent Igbo victims?

... Forgive me my pal. Just wanted to stretch your logic a little bit.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by nasious: 8:47am On Apr 26, 2016
Big insult to Enugu state and igbo nation.
Its unacceptable
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by treebuds: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2016
Government should build cattle ranch for these Fulani herdsmen to save the life of their victims. To my own understanding, whenever there is Muslim northerner in power, the Fulani herdsmen killing rate will rise. The inability of our government to arrest this kind situation like menace of cultism, kidnapping arm robbery which occurs daily makes them a failed state. Security is paramount. You must secure the life and properties of your citizen. Some may know these evil people but government will only expose you if you venture want to lead in providing information. So how will one protect himself in such a failed state. The people enjoying security today are the big men only.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by JudeOkeke: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2016
I dont really understand.... Fulani men invading a whole community and fleeing without even one caught? i suspect the authorities that they are aware of all these. its a shame that "common" fulani herds men can do this and we keep mute. just like the others have said we come online to blame others. Shame to the Igbo leaders. we are very foolish at this point in time. you better carry your weapons of warfare and wipe these evils out of our land.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by OfoIgbo: 9:14am On Apr 26, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Can you imagine. I felt really bad when they were taunting and tormenting omenka with the agatu massacre. And I was like how will people harbour so much hatred in them that they don't even see any evil in laughing at dead children, women and men. And that's the same attitude the ibo folks are exhibiting against the victims of boko haram. Smh

No matter how much we disagree with the ibo folks, I don't think any sane Yoruba will derive joy when innocent ones among them are killed in coldblood. If you'd notice, you will see that most of the mockery we throw at the ibo folks are usually ipods mockery and some other silly Biafra _shits.

I totally agree and support your second paragraph. Though I hear people say the Fulani herdsmen use a lot of charms when they are out to attack people.

Let me start first by saying that there is no need Yorubas and Igbos teaming up to dislocate this scourge. I believe Igbos and other easterners are working on actualising a different country, in which no foreigner will have the right to bear arms.

Before the 28th March 2015 elections, a lot of Igbos shouted it from the rooftop that fulani aggression will increase if Buhari got elected. Unfortunately Yorubas preferred that, to a fellow southerner remaining the president.

It will be suicidal for Igbos to team up with Yorubas to challenge this threat, as they have already made their choice.

A few weeks ago when Buhari sent his soldiers and DSS people to kidnap Awgu people who organised to protect their town, I knew what it was all about. Buhari and his other northern and SW terrorists want an unprotected SE and SS to hopefully intimidate them with these cowardly attacks carried out at night.

Of course these terrorists would not dare to occupy the place (not even for a single day)like they did in Agatu and Mile 12 as they know Uzo Uwani people will obliterate them.
Anyway, all these play into the narrative that easterners no longer feel safe in Nigeria for which some people are now working assiduously to found a new country.

Let me use this opportunity to hail the efforts of the Uzo Uwani youths who dealt a painful blow to 25 of those terrorists. I also hope that a more calculated response is embarked on, in the enemy territory to make them feel the pain of daring to attack innocent Igbo villagers

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Super1Star: 9:20am On Apr 26, 2016
BudeYahooCom:

Ask every Fulani about the defeat their forefathers suffered in the hands of the Yorubas. Ask them about their annihilation at Oke-Ogun.

There is an emirate in Ilorin because the people decided that is what they wanted.

Achieve that in Enugu and come back to me. By the way when will you rename back Oyigbo to Obigbo.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by OfoIgbo: 9:25am On Apr 26, 2016
Mog1987:
Enugu u disappointed me on this ,honestly am proud to come from ebonyi state. Even d Fulani herdsmen knows they can't try this in ebonyi, because ebonyians are warriors and can die defending their father lands.

Enugu and Ebonyi are the same.

In fact Ebonyi will prove to be worse, seeing that you guys are gladly accepting Islam.

Btw some retaliatory acts took place so they are not totally bad.

I am disappointed that there was early warning for this yet the Enugu governor did not do anything meaningful to ensure this did not take place.

The news of what happened in Uzo Uwani will gradually filter to every nook and cranny of Igboland, and this may be the end of Fulanis in Igboland.
I am sure fulanis in Onitsha would have left the state or run to army barracks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmed Kadi Amshi Confirmed NASC Chairman Amid Outrage / Kano Governor-Elect Will Review Sanusi’s Dethronement, Says Kwankwaso / Massive Election Protest Near Inec Office In Umuahia Abia State. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.