Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police (30393 Views)

Nwodibo Ekechukwu Sacked As Enugu Police Commissioner / Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State / Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by moonnstar(f): 2:43am On Apr 26, 2016
angels09:
False they killed 33
and u think 33 is not too much?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by OreMI22: 2:44am On Apr 26, 2016
[size=18pt]The ultimate plot of Buhari and the northern oligarchs is to provoke a civil war using smokescreen of fulani herdsmen.

Which in their delusion, they believe they will win and then annex southern lands as their own.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by EmekaBlue(m): 2:52am On Apr 26, 2016
Its surprising armless pple with no guns r resting in their villa on a normal day life and ova 300 bloodsuckers came to attack with guns e.t.c and villagers managed to chase dem away after d inevitable of death happening and u c other tribes instead of condeming d act frm d useless northerners r still hating on igbos...Im really ashamed and simply this thread is building Hate in me now

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 26, 2016
We are waiting for them to kidnap 1000 women girls before we swing into action---- POLICE

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Opharhe: 2:59am On Apr 26, 2016
superstar1:

Karma is crazy.

It is so sad for this menace to come into the heartland of Ibo land, despite all their name calling of Agatus and pathetic fun making of them.

All the same, Fulani herdsmen are blood sucking demons will must all (Yorubas, Igbos, Ijaws, Itshekiris, hausas, Nupes, Kanuris etc) unite to either annihilate or deport back to Fouta Jalon.
I beg to disagree with the first sentence sir. Those guys did not really mock Agatu people the way you've put it. It was more of gingering to those guys to do the needful and not wait for govt. I read many comments here and i saw that Igbo folks were more outspoken against the carnage in Agatu while accusing the FG of insensitivity. They sympathised with the victims. The area where I'll agree with you is where they were mocking those who are from that area who were strongly pro-Buhari and will not react to Fulani invasion of their own homeland or even call on the govt. to do something but are fierce antagonists of the opposition. From my observation, they participated more in general public sensitization against the fulani invasions even more than those guys of North central extraction who were the real victims. You should also know that so far, they've put up the strongest resistance to the Fulani menace- online and offline. You remember the other time where the DSS had to come to Aba and were accusing IPOB of Fulani killings? What about the 72 people from this particular Enugu community that the Army arrested, prosecuted before they were bailed just because they stood in protest against the invaders? What about that Enugu native doctor whose story was reported here of how he was shot severally by the same fulani aided with cover-up soldiers after concluding a meeting where the fulani issue was discussed in his village? An Injury to one is an Injury to all. I'm hearing now that over 20 fulanis have already been taken down in reprisals( Not the best, but choices are very limited right now, i just pity the innocents among them). We southerners and middlebeltans have a common enemy in the fulani invaders. I totally support your second sentence. We must come together to purge ourselves of these demons. Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Fugazi: 3:06am On Apr 26, 2016
Opharhe:
I beg to disagree with the first sentence sir. [size=18pt]Those guys did not really mock Agatu people [/size] the way you've put it. It was more of gingering to those guys to do the needful and not wait for govt. I read many comments here and i saw that Igbo folks were more outspoken against the carnage in Agatu while accusing the FG of insensitivity. They sympathised with the victims. The area where I'll agree with you is where they were mocking those who are from that area who were strongly pro-Buhari and will not react to Fulani invasion of their own homeland or even call on the govt. to do something but are fierce antagonists of the opposition. From my observation, they participated more in general public sensitization against the fulani invasions even more than those guys of North central extraction who were the real victims. You should also know that so far, they've put up the strongest resistance to the Fulani menace- online and offline. You remember the other time where the DSS had to come to Aba and were accusing IPOB of Fulani killings? What about the 72 people from this particular Enugu community that the Army arrested, prosecuted before they were bailed just because they stood in protest against the invaders? What about that Enugu native doctor whose story was reported here of how he was shot severally by the same fulani aided with cover-up soldiers after concluding a meeting where the fulani issue was discussed in his village? An Injury to one is an Injury to all. I'm hearing now that over 20 fulanis have already been taken down in reprisals( Not the best, but choices are very limited right now, i just pity the innocents among them). We southerners and middlebeltans have a common enemy in the fulani invaders. I totally support your second sentence. We must come together to purge ourselves of these demons. Thanks.

hahahaha!!! May my enemies swallow their words as Ibos are trying to do on this thread. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by satowind(m): 3:17am On Apr 26, 2016
Buhari want a war to enable him commit another genocide on south. That y dey are using fulani invasion... But God pass dem... We will continue to kill and bury dem and chop dere cows.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 26, 2016
Opharhe:
I beg to disagree with the first sentence sir. Those guys did not really mock Agatu people the way you've put it. It was more of gingering to those guys to do the needful and not wait for govt. I read many comments here and i saw that Igbo folks were more outspoken against the carnage in Agatu while accusing the FG of insensitivity. They sympathised with the victims. The area where I'll agree with you is where they were mocking those who are from that area who were strongly pro-Buhari and will not react to Fulani invasion of their own homeland or even call on the govt. to do something but are fierce antagonists of the opposition. From my observation, they participated more in general public sensitization against the fulani invasions even more than those guys of North central extraction who were the real victims. You should also know that so far, they've put up the strongest resistance to the Fulani menace- online and offline. You remember the other time where the DSS had to come to Aba and were accusing IPOB of Fulani killings? What about the 72 people from this particular Enugu community that the Army arrested, prosecuted before they were bailed just because they stood in protest against the invaders? What about that Enugu native doctor whose story was reported here of how he was shot severally by the same fulani aided with cover-up soldiers after concluding a meeting where the fulani issue was discussed in his village? An Injury to one is an Injury to all. I'm hearing now that over 20 fulanis have already been taken down in reprisals( Not the best, but choices are very limited right now, i just pity the innocents among them). We southerners and middlebeltans have a common enemy in the fulani invaders. I totally support your second sentence. We must come together to purge ourselves of these demons. Thanks.

Thanks Boss for setting the records straight. It is the lack of southern solidarity that made me spit fire tonight.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Opharhe: 3:31am On Apr 26, 2016
Realman87:

Thanks Boss for setting the records straight. It is the lack of southern solidarity that made me spit fire tonight.
Hmmm Okay. But persuasion is key, insult or no insult. You don't have to repay abuse with another abuse. We cannot continue fighting ourselves while the real enemy watches and laughs at us.
God help us.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Opharhe: 3:49am On Apr 26, 2016
Fugazi:

hahahaha!!! May my enemies swallow their words as Ibos are trying to do on this thread. grin grin grin grin
But why? Must everybody who does not go with your opinion be Igbo? Na wa o. I still stand by my word, the mockery you're talking about as i observed was not directed to the homeless, orphans, widows and widowers of Agatu. It's the polical class(state govt, David Mark etc) and those who are supposedly politically conscious(e.g. Omenka) but blinded by partisanship so much so that they could'nt speak out that were mocked if at all.
The people you're accusing actually spoke out on behalf of the Agatu victims. That's not even the main Issue because everybody here, as long as you're form North-central, South-west, South-East and even in recent times South-South(excluding cross river which have been recording encounters with these herdsmen for a long time now) you're in one way or the other threatened by this invasions and the earlier we stood together against the common foe, the better for us. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by fakuta(f): 3:59am On Apr 26, 2016
you people better watch and protect yourself... stop deceiving yourselves about this fulani men theory... as far as am concern they are terrorists disguised as fulani men.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Nature129(m): 4:11am On Apr 26, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Is that your wish?

5 dead bodies are in the morgue of Bishop Shanahan Hospital Nsukka, I am an eye witness, they are on a revenge mission but believe me this will mark the end of Fulani herdsmen in that community and its neighboring villages

Okpuje community, udi and many others secretly flushed them out in the past, uzo_Uwani people will not disappoint.

I blame the state Governor who has refused to empower and arm boys with guns and trucks in the guise of vigilante group to check mate this evil Fulani's perpetrate against our people

Some time I feel like suspecting if the hands of our leaders in the East is in this activities of Fulani herdsmen just to score cheap political sympathy and discredit the Government at the centre, but on the other hand as someone who grew up among fulanis, I remember they behave like animals.......this kind of killings is not new

Stop wailing and ranting online, and do something. I've always known Enugu people to be weaklings. Anyways, I trust Aba and Onitsha guys, Fulani herdsmen can't bring their madness to those towns.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 26, 2016
Mog1987:
Enugu u disappointed me on this ,honestly am proud to come from ebonyi state. Even d Fulani herdsmen knows they can't try this in ebonyi, because ebonyians are warriors and can die defending their father lands.
which part ar u from am 4rm ebonyi 2u
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by otiigba1(m): 4:25am On Apr 26, 2016
I thought that IGBOS are very Good with diabolical stuff like voodoo and sh!t, they always use it Against (kill) their fellow Igbos. Why not use it Against the Fulanis. Were are All the Diabolical witchcracft, voodoo Native Doctors in enugwu? Now is the time to put their Handi work in practise. I guess cool

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by DedeNkem: 4:25am On Apr 26, 2016
Corrupt and incompetent government will not help you!

Take laws into your hands to save your families and communities. Kill any fulani herdsmen entering your comminity! They're terrorists!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by otiigba1(m): 4:29am On Apr 26, 2016
Nature129:

Stop wailing and ranting online, and do something. I've always known Enugu people to be weaklings. Anyways, I trust Aba and Onitsha guys, Fulani herdsmen can't bring their madness to those towns.
Aba and Onitsha Guys will burn them Alive. Never joke with them guys when it comes to Obstructing their shops and money making business premises. Either in pretence of cattle rearing or otherwise.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Jessam: 4:35am On Apr 26, 2016
superstar1:
The spokesman of the police in Enugu State, Mr Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Nsukka.

Amaraizu said the Commissioner of Police, Mr Nwodibo Ekechukwu, had already moved to the local government to ensure that normalcy returned.

“The police are aware of the attack in Uzo-Uwani and the state commissioner of police is already there to ensure that the situation is brought under control.

“Th police are also collaborating with sister security agencies like the army, civil defence and the Department of State Services to handle the situation,” he said.

Its time to start boycotting any meat coming from north, till this situation is sorted out. When you eat beef tomorrow ask yourself has the person who brought this meat murdered people along the way to bring you this beef you are eating. killed your fellow Nigerian citizens, clansmen, women and children. i
The Chairman of Uzo-Uwani local government, Mr Cornell Onwubuya, who also confirmed the incident, regretted that in spite of efforts to stop the crisis through dialogue, the suspected herdsmen had continued to attack the people.

“Yes, there is serious problem in the local government as suspected herdsmen today attacked Nimbo community.

“Information reaching us said many people were killed but I do not know the actual number now,” he said.

An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Nsukka that the suspected herdsmen numbering up to 300 invaded the community with guns and machetes, shooting sporadically and killing people.

“As they were killing the people, they were also setting houses and vehicles ablaze. Many people have been killed; I do not have the actual number.

“The residents of Nimbo and motorists have fled the community for safety,” the witness said.

NAN reports that residents of Nsukka wept uncontrollably when the five bodies from Nimbo were being deposited at the Bishop Shanahan Hospital, Nsukka.

A resident, Mr Dennis Ezema, urged the Federal Government to urgently intervene in the activities of the herdsmen before it escalated to a full blown war.

“It is unfortunate that people can be mercilessly killed without human feeling.

“You can see how these people were killed and sliced like bread; people should respect the sanctity of human life,” he said.

NAN reports that scores of the people who fled from Nimbo are now taking refuge in some primary schools in Nsukka.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/suspected-herdsmen-kill-5-uzo-uwani-police/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Jessam: 4:40am On Apr 26, 2016
superstar1:
The spokesman of the police in Enugu State, Mr Ebere Amaraizu, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Nsukka.

Amaraizu said the Commissioner of Police, Mr Nwodibo Ekechukwu, had already moved to the local government to ensure that normalcy returned.

“The police are aware of the attack in Uzo-Uwani and the state commissioner of police is already there to ensure that the situation is brought under control.

“Th police are also collaborating with sister security agencies like the army, civil defence and the Department of State Services to handle the situation,” he said.

Its time to start boycotting any meat coming from north, till this situation is sorted out. When you eat beef tomorrow ask yourself has the person who brought this meat murdered people along the way to bring you this beef you are eating. killed your fellow Nigerian citizens, clansmen, women and children. i
The Chairman of Uzo-Uwani local government, Mr Cornell Onwubuya, who also confirmed the incident, regretted that in spite of efforts to stop the crisis through dialogue, the suspected herdsmen had continued to attack the people.

“Yes, there is serious problem in the local government as suspected herdsmen today attacked Nimbo community.

“Information reaching us said many people were killed but I do not know the actual number now,” he said.

An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Nsukka that the suspected herdsmen numbering up to 300 invaded the community with guns and machetes, shooting sporadically and killing people.

“As they were killing the people, they were also setting houses and vehicles ablaze. Many people have been killed; I do not have the actual number.

“The residents of Nimbo and motorists have fled the community for safety,” the witness said.

NAN reports that residents of Nsukka wept uncontrollably when the five bodies from Nimbo were being deposited at the Bishop Shanahan Hospital, Nsukka.

A resident, Mr Dennis Ezema, urged the Federal Government to urgently intervene in the activities of the herdsmen before it escalated to a full blown war.

“It is unfortunate that people can be mercilessly killed without human feeling.

“You can see how these people were killed and sliced like bread; people should respect the sanctity of human life,” he said.

NAN reports that scores of the people who fled from Nimbo are now taking refuge in some primary schools in Nsukka.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/suspected-herdsmen-kill-5-uzo-uwani-police/

Its time to start boycotting any meat coming from north, till this situation is sorted out. When you eat beef tomorrow ask yourself has the person who brought this meat murdered people along the way to bring you this beef you are eating. killed your fellow Nigerian citizens, clansmen, women and children
STOP BUYING BEEF AND COW FROM THE NORTH TO THIS SITUATION IS SORTED OUT. Let there be an edict to stop buying fulani cow immediately.
[size=20pt]
Buy Ehi Igbo *** Buy Ehi Igbo *** Buy Ehi Igbo *** Buy Ehi Igbo[/size]

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by adekunleayo(m): 4:57am On Apr 26, 2016
haaaaaaa Nigeria.................... Bokoharam don dey go, So na Fulani they won use replace am, God will not allow you dis pplgrin grin

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by stevedre: 4:59am On Apr 26, 2016
buyAride:

Dont mind that chap joor!

You are right! NOTHING!!
Its silly and largely IGNORANT people who feats on this hatred.

Unfortunately, it seems to be even worse amongst the YOUTHS!

Youre spot on and what worries me the most is they are the future of our country. At a time when an Igbo man marrying a yoruba woman is no longer regarded as a big deal this hatred will/may resurrect this ill reasoning from both tribes leading to hatred for each other in future for a crime they did not commit.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by loopman: 5:16am On Apr 26, 2016
Can someone please check on Asadike? That is her village, she is a nurse in an on hospital strictly for D & C.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by stevedre: 5:20am On Apr 26, 2016
buyAride:

No way!
Stand your ground!
Emphasis on YOUR Ground

Thanks for being reasonable and neutral in this issue, do not be bullied by few insane people into exchanging insults. We have a common enemy now so the wise thong to do is tackle this common issue of fulani killerz, may you be blessed in all you do.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by nwasteve(m): 5:35am On Apr 26, 2016
Blatant lie, they killed over 30
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by rawtruth(m): 5:41am On Apr 26, 2016
Tiv, the only people who withstood the fulani might for centuries and prevented their expansion southward were effectively neutralised during the 2001/2002 crises through a clever plot by the fulanis who used foreign mercenaries, some smaller ethnic groups and the military to commit one of the most unreported genocide and wanton destruction of properties against a people in recent history. Many Nigerians were either referring to Tiv as stubborn and cheering the killers on or watching passively on the sidelines. Only a tiny minority saw through the plot and spoke against it.

Fulanis and their mercenaries had started the operation against Tiv from Kundum in Plateau state in early March 2001 and swept down into Nasarawa state where Alago people joined them (Alagos are among the victims of the fulani herdsmen attack today). While Tivs of Nasarawa were massively being killed and dispossessed of their personal belongings, the Nigerian Police watched helplessly; neither did the few soldiers deployed to the state help. Fulanis, buoyed by their success in Nasarawa state, opened another war front against Tiv of Taraba by murdering the wife of a prominent Tiv politician there on her farm, followed immediately with the killing of seven members of an NKST Church during a preparatory service for holy communion. Tiv reacted against Fulanis and Jukuns militias were contracted by Fulanis to assist them wipe out Tiv of the entire Taraba state (Jukuns are also now victims of the current Fulani attacks). For weeks, the killings and burning of Tiv and their homes, schools, private hospitals and Churches continued unchallenged. When Tiv youths eventually assembled and started countering the killers with superior firepower, a group of armed people in military camouflage, wearing slippers and canvas and driving in white Hilux vehicles came on to the scene and claimed they were soldiers deployed to end the crisis. Tiv villagers welcome them with the hope that their presence would end the attacks. However, it soon became clear that the said soldiers were part of the problem as their arrival in any village was actually a prelude to attack from Fulani/Jukun militias. When they eventually visited a Tiv town called Abako and a massive attack occurred a few minutes after their departure, words went round that the men in white Hilux vehicle were not true soldiers but mercenaries in disguise. Tiv youths then surrounded and captured them as they made their way again into Benue from their Base in Taraba. Their killing resulted to the mayhem visited on Zaki Biam and environs by the Military under then President Obasanjo. The rest is now history. But that history worked in favour of Fulanis as Tiv and Jukuns remained at loggerheads with each other while fulani herdsmen occupied the homes of the murdered and displaced Tiv villages in both central and southern Taraba. On the other hand, Tiv youths became targets of military personnel deployed to crises areas in Taraba, Nasarawa and Benue states. Continued harassment of the youths in the villages by the military completely weakened and exposed the entire areas to Fulani militias who started penetrating deep into areas they could never have dreamed to enter. There are cases filed at the Federal High Court in Makurdi against soldiers who shot and killed three unarmed youths among the people who were protesting against the Fulani invasion, and for an incident in which soldiers asked some Tiv youths to accompany them to recover the bodies of two Tiv men killed by fulanis near a fishing pond but abandoned them to their fate when armed Fulanis emerged suddenly and opened fire on them. Five of the youths were killed in the presence of the soldiers led by one Sgt Mohammed Auta who did not fire a single shot to defend them. The cases are still in court. The interesting thing is that the commanding officers from the 72 barracks in Makurdi where those soldiers were usually deployed was a Fulani man! These are some of the truths most Nigerians never knew, and still don't know.

Having successfully neutralised the centre, the south and west of the country should expect more from the Fulanis.

Meanwhile, their top officials in govt are busy trying to turn clear acts of terrorism by fulani herdsmen into "communal crises" through "town hall meetings". We haven't seen anything yet!

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Almajiri1: 5:44am On Apr 26, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

No, I ran to hide from the big Fulani monster like other Enugwu cowards.
What an efulefu. You ancestors must really be proud of you. Hope you would be father enough to tell your grandkids your true gallantry.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by frankzone: 6:02am On Apr 26, 2016
otokx:

The politicians are terribly wicked, the governor supposed to have relocated to that community and sleep there over night but this is Nigeria.
. I'm authoritatively informed that the governor ordered the youth preparing for self defense when they got wind of the impending attack to be rounded up. Yet he couldn't secure the area
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Adesiji77: 6:11am On Apr 26, 2016
See what a Punch reader wrote below;

"If the Federal Government wants to fair in this matter, then Sambisa forest should be given to this herdsmen (Fulanis) as the forest is now (to some extent) free of terrorist."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by bigtt76(f): 6:21am On Apr 26, 2016
Sad but the fulanis are not like the hausas that an emir or imam can talk to for them to stop these carnage. Their nomadic nature makes them uncontrollable hence they tend to protect themselves.

Bubu from morning to night can't do jack about this issue as a result of this angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police by Kei144(m): 6:40am On Apr 26, 2016
Uzo Uwani didn't participate much in the Biafran war. By the time the Fulanis begin to attack Igbos that participated prominently in the Biafran war, you will see something else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Innoson Donates Two Vehicles To Buhari Campaign Group Ahead Of 2019 Election / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 86th Birthday / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.