Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? (23604 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reveals That 3 Women Are Responsible For His Success In Life / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 26, 2016
Common Sense revolution and a Twitter constituency.

grin

3 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by dunkem21(m): 11:57am On Apr 26, 2016
grin
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by seguno2: 11:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Sunofgod:
He's just a 'twit' that 'tweets'......I've already seen through the 'oyibo' man.

Not quite, oga.
Perhaps you are the one glued to tweets rather than staying tuned to real news.

BeeBeeOoh:

North East: Senate Turns Down Budget Proposal For Information Ministry..

ABUJA—THE Senate,  yesterday,  refused to treat the budget proposal for the Federal Ministry of Information due to lack of provision for media propaganda in the North East.

The Senate Committee on Information, which took the decision during the ministry’s budget defence, insisted that the ministry must not only rework but also re-present its budget with provisions for effective media propaganda in the North East.

The committee on information, headed by Senator Enyinaya Abaribe, PDP, Abia South, directed that the ministry should bring a budget that will cater for the needs of its media agencies. Abaribe’s directive was sequel to the observation raised by a member of the committee and senator representing Bayelsa  North, Ben Bruce, who had decried the non inclusion of budget for media operations in the North East, in the wake of the Boko Haram insurgency. Bruce, in his remark, had pointed out that during the Nigerian Civil War, the media was effectively used to propagate relevant information. He therefore appealed that the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN, News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, and Voice of Nigeria, VON, should go and add the required component.

He said: “It would have made more sense for the information budget of the Army to be given to the Ministry of Information to equip these stations to be used by the military as a source of communication.

“For instance, if there is going to be an air raid in a particular area, we can warn the citizens to stay off that particular area".

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/n-east-senate-turns-down-budget-proposal-for-information-ministry/

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Olukologia(m): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Bere lowo mama re ni Bayelsa, E le paro mo omo re.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by AbdulHaram(m): 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
He contributed the Common Sense Buhari is lacking!! angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Demallcrazy(m): 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
cool

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by AbdulHaram(m): 12:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by freeborn76(m): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
Commonsense, NOTHING!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by emmykk(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
atleast ben murray bruce is always already to speak against improper conduct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by blackpanda: 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
hahn:

On point. Nigerians have this silly habit of placing the blame on the wrong person. The real question should be, what has your LG chairman ever done for your constituency?

He is a senator of the federal republic of nigeria. Not senator of his constituency. The bills he will. Sponsor is not for his constituency alone. So no, u are wrong. Ben bruce remains too redundant for someone that claims to be a mr fix it!

6 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Hi People,

Mr common sense senator has been very vocal on social media about issues affecting the federal government.

I think that is great but he seems to be less vocal about the Senate where he was elected to represent his constituency. I find this to be quite hypocritical.

What new legislation has Mr. Common sense promoted to better the lives of Nigerians or his constituency? He was not elected to present his ideas on youtube.

Create legislation to promote your ideas.

Until Mr common sense starts to tackle his primary obligations, It is difficult to take him seriously.

Ben Murray-Bruce @benmurraybruce

I've 5 Bills pending including a. Independent Prosecutor b. Ward Security & c. Alternative Energy. Get your Senator to support them in 2016!

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/680811977975795712

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3189107_screenshot20151214215548_png8ee84e6c5340cba30f70b0ede1e53d04

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3189108_screenshot20151214215556_png251f7febbdf6dc3344b574547a68ac31

And several motions.

5 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Etizz: 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
hahn:

On point. Nigerians have this silly habit of placing the blame on the wrong person. The real question should be, what has your LG chairman ever done for your constituency?

Local government chairmen are d most corrupt politicians and Nigerians seem not to recognize dat fact, even as close as they are to the citizens

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by blackpanda: 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
emmykk:
atleast ben murray bruce is always already to speak against improper conduct

Really?? I dont remember him saying anything about the N37million luxury cars
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by focus7: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
Op don't tell me that this thread is designed to make the hunter become hunted, a definition of the hero becoming a victim.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by charles316: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
U guys be witch hunting pdp senators. Ahhh,make una rest na.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Carmal90(m): 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
vedaxcool:
[/s]

[s]

Ben Moronu Bruce has 2 options, to restrict his commonsense to matters affecting his constituency or address matters all of Nigeria is facing.

As long as he continues to act like the Senator of all Nigeria, then we will continue to challenge him and ask what really has his contributed to the senate, obviously from your posturing he has contributed nothing but noise making and politicking hoping to be beerfraud first president! It is beasic common sense, your twitnator pretends to have solutions for problems facing the country, then he must also pretend to be able to do something about his ideas becoming a reality.... I know this will fall on deaf ears though!

use Google, you will know of his contribution in the red channber

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by omoalayo(m): 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
At least He has changed Several peoples mind about Nigerian made goods...Nd has made Us understand that the senate bought SUVs from outside the country, then distributed them among themselvs..(I now knw wht they are like in th senate)...So ..He has helped...wht has Ur own senator done...?

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Carmal90(m): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
blackpanda:

he rejected the said car, check his TL on Twitter,

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Deen77: 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
dearpreye:
Focus on the Senator representing YOU. He must not take emoluments for nothing.

Then him to face his constituency only.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by emmykk(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
blackpanda:

most ot what he benefit from senate is for charity.

the last time i check fashola did bought such car while he was governor

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Laid2001: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
But he has been bowing and going in the senate, so he only makes sense outside of his workplace!!

jomonic:
Ben Bruce common sense tweets are much more acceptable than the useless''bow and go'' culture in the Senate.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Deen77: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
blackpanda:

He reject d car, kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by tbaba1234: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Segadem(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
[size=14pt]hmmmmm, " you can't look like Obama and reason like Obanikoro "[/size] grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
He's just a bench warmer with loud mouth at the senate
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by NewNigeriaMind: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
doublewisdom:
Is he representing you? Don't make your senator lazy by focusing on Bruce!

If that is the case, advice him to keep is common sense speech to issues that affect his constituency alone.
Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Cvesta(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Did Ben bruce force you to follow him on tweeter? His tweets are simply restricted to those following him.If you don't like his tweets,simply press the unfollow button and follow your own lazy senator instead.
some Nigerians can be very funny..Ben Bruce is a champ on Twitter and a docile figure in the house,you ought to ask more salient questions cos his constituency does not pay him salary nor furniture allowance..it is from our collective common wealth that he get paided..His work and antecedent in the Chamber is what we need and not Twitter rants nor You tube videos...He might owe primary responsibility to his constituency but he is a Nigeran Senator and that means he owes a duty to Nigerians in general... Mr "Commonsense" actually needs commonsense himself!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by ndcide(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
Mr Bruce 's Common sense series is one of the greatest service a senator of his kind have ever done.

Only Goats take his common sense series for granted.
I'll take Bruce to our senator remi tinubu
In fact, Mr Bruce is the senator that has affected most Nigerians positively than all other senator. You think national orientation is a joke. That man is a trail blazer jare..

If he runs for president, I'll vote for him. No sentiments here. People now use common sense because of his advocacy. So effective.

Lastly if Senator Bruce wasn't doing anything. @op, will not open this thread.

Why did he not open a thread for his senator.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Deen77: 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
Henryjr:
You are the biggest liar of the century to mention that PDP rigged to win the senate for BMB. I am from bayelsa(bayelsa west though) and I worked as an INEC adhoc staff in the 2015 general elections in bayelsa east n I can say here without mincing words that, elections were held free n fair n results were also presented to agents for signing in the entire ward(ward 12) in ogbia LGA (gej' LGA). that's y sylva didn't take Bruce to the tribunal even after PMB emerges winner at the central. It's true sylva was and is still more popular than Ben Bruce in the state, been the former member of the assembly in old river state, former chief of staff to late gov alamieyeseigha and also for been a former governor of the state. most people in the state knew Bruce only by name and achievement before the elections, but yet they voted for him because they believe he can offer the dividends of democracy. Bayelsans are very proud of Bruce and respected him as a saint with remarkable ideas and achievements outside the circles of politics and governance. I doubt if gov Dickson can stand against this man if elections were to b conducted between the two.
In government for long

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by naptu2: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

Excellent Naptu. This is what I am interested in, not youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmN0QLVDK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqxA5R8Rmw

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? by Danny1974: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
What has the federal government done to reduce the suffering of the people? You don't ask yourself this question. What has a senator representing you done? Leave Ben Bruce alone

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader / Governors Who Visited Buhari Depart London For Nigeria(photos) / Peter Obi Endorses Olumide Akpata For Edo Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.